PDA

View Full Version : To honor the the fabulous killjoys...[PEACH]

inuyasha
2013-03-23, 08:27 PM
Fabulous Killjoy
http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/054/8/a/the_fabulous_killjoys_by_beckyattackx10-d3a8nf3.jpg

Fabulous Killjoy
Requirements:

BAB: +5
FEATS: point blank shot, Improved initiative, Endurance, Diehard

Hit Dice: 1d8 Skill points: 6+intelligence modifier
Fabulous Killjoy
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+1|
+2|
+2|
+0| nanana(nananananananana)

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+3|
+0| trafic report

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+3|
+1| everybody hide your body from the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W

4th|
+4|
+4|
+4|
+1| bulletproof heart

5th|
+5|
+4|
+4|
+1| SING
[/table]
Skills:The Fabulous Killjoys’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Int), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Forgery (Int), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (local) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Open Lock (Dex), Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Tumble (Dex), and Use Rope (Dex)
Weapon and armor proficiencies:
Fabulous killjoy's have proficiency with all types of crossbow. And they are able to use the lazer gun (see below). They gain proficiency with light armor

nanana(nananananananana) (Ex):
When fighting, all fabulous killjoys must sing, this allows them to get a luck bonus on all attack rolls equal to their fabulous killjoy level. This bonus doesn't happen if he doesnt sing

Trafic report (Ex)
Fabulous killjoy's have heard horrible things, and live in a tough world, so even though death may bring sorrow, nothing makes a fabulous killjoy cry. Fabulous killjoy's are immune to fear effects starting at level 2

Everybody hide your body from the S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W (Ex)
Fabulous killjoys must hide at night, and gain a luck bonus on hide and move silently checks equal to double their fabulous killjoy level. This bonus only applies at night, or in a similar (or darker) amount of natural darkness.

Bulletproof heart (Ex):
Fabulous killjoy's become immune to charm and compulsion effects at 4th level

SING (Ex):
When a fabulous killjoy sees a party member either die or be knocked unconsious from an enemy, his bonus from nanana(nananananananana) double, and the fabulous killjoy gains a bonus to all damage rolls equal to his fabulous killjoy level. This lasts until either the battle is over, or for a number of rounds equal to the fabulous killjoy's constitution modifier, whichever is shorter.

Lazer gun
When a killjoy first enters this class, he may construct himself a lazer gun for 1000GP. It does 1d8 damage with a range of 40ft. it criticals on a 20 for double damage, and is considered a light weapon. It may be enchanted just like any other weapon
R.I.P MCR, may you return some day...and may you make some noise once again in the future...

SowZ
2013-03-24, 02:11 AM
You should specify that R.I.P. should last a number of round for whatever is shorter, end of the fight or Con mod.

Instead of giving them Magic Missile wands, (which won't synergize with their ranged combat feats and won't be useful for long at all at the level a Killjoy must start at,) allow the Killjoy's to craft a special lazer gun.

Only killjoys can ever use it and it costs 1000 Gold to craft, takes 1 day, and costs 40 XP. They are always mastercraft and can be enchanted like any other weapon. It functions just like a repeating light crossbow except it has unlimited ammo, only takes one hand to reload, does force damage, and gets a +1 to hit bonus and +15ft. range increment if used two handed. Any effect that absorbs a magic missile prevents half, (rounded up,) the damage from the Lazergun.

I'd drop Die Hard and Endurance as pre-reqs. They are pretty sub par feats and make the PrC way to feat tax heavy. You couldn't even enter it at level 6 without flaws. Instead, make Die Hard a bonus feat at level 2, 3, or 4. Maybe make a prereq 4 ranks in Craft (Weaponsmithing.) For the lazer gun.

inuyasha
2013-03-24, 08:44 AM
Well I do like your suggestion on the lazer gun, I think that die hard and endurance are needed though because they are in 2019 post apocalyptic california

SowZ
2013-03-24, 01:52 PM
Well I do like your suggestion on the lazer gun, I think that die hard and endurance are needed though because they are in 2019 post apocalyptic california

The feat tax becomes too great, though. Even with flaws, (or fighter levels,) the player just spent ALL their feats getting pretty bad feats just for the pre-reqs to a prestige class that, while having some cool stuff on par with other martial classes, isn't good enough to off set those first five levels of suck IMO.

By level 6, the character will have three feats, (on average.) You need to be a Fighter or a Human just to qualify for the class.

Most PrCs keep feat tax down to about two feats or so. PrCs with more than that are usually either-
A. Poorly designed.
B. Designed specifically for humans/fighters.
C. Not designed to be taken at level 6.

If you really want it to be a gritty survival in the wastes class, consider this.

Make the feat pre-req. Endurance, okay. Drop Point Blank Shot and make that a bonus feat granted at first level. If the player already has PBS, they get their choice of Rapid Shot, Far Shot, or Precise Shot, (their choice.) Drop Die Hard as a feat pre-req. This wouldn't be needed in a survival setting since there are much better feats for just surviving. Instead, Make Die Hard a bonus feat at level 2.

I'd actually continue giving bonus feats to round out the class, since as it stands it could use some fleshing. At third level, I'd add the Vital Aim feat of the targeteer. The lazer gun can't be made composite, so the damage is too lousy as of right now. This feat lets you add your Dex mod to damage against foes vulnerable to Critical Hits.

At fourth level, the character gains Weapon Focus: Lazer pistol. If they already have Weapon Focus: Lazer Pistol, they get Weapon Specialization, (even if they aren't a high enough Fighter level.)

At fifth level, I would let a bonus feat be taken from the following list: Rapid Shot, Manyshot, Improved Rapid Shot, Precise Shot, Improved Precise Shot, Far Shot, Two-Weapon Fighting, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Quick Draw.

It is your call, of course, but this would bring the PrC up to a solid class. It would be a bit stronger than many martial PrCs, but that is because most martial PrCs suck. This would hardly be overpowered.

It is important to specify the damage type on the Lazer Gun and if he can construct more than one for dual wielding/if it is sundered. Hardness and Hit Points of the item are also important. If it is force damage, (which makes the most sense,) I'd suggest letting things that stop Magic Missiles to halve damage for the attack rather than prevent the whole shot.

Now there are only two feat pre-reqs, possibly one skill pre-req, (for the lazer crafting,) and a BAB pre-req but you retain the flavor of the feats.