PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Re-tool {{Please Critque}}

ngilop
2013-03-25, 04:36 PM
OK, here is my take on the Ninja.. i have no idea if this is even close to the standard 3rd ed ninja or not, I always liked the idea of ninja's being semi supernatural spies and assassins myslef and so POW gave them this, originally I was just thinking of going rogue+assassin spell casting but i did add in some ninja esque abilities that i pulled from the PF beta rogue.

Ninja
\n\n\t
[tr]
Level
BAB
Fort
Ref
Will
Special
1st
2nd
3rd
4th

[td]1st
+0
+0
+2
+0
Sneak Attack +1d6

2nd
+1
+0
+3
+0
Special Ability

3rd
+2
+1
+3
+1
Sneak Attack +2d6, Uncanny Dodge

4th
+3
+1
+4
+1
Evasion, No Trace +1

5th
+3
+1
+4
+1
Sneak Attack +3d6, Special Ability

6th
+4
+2
+5
+2
Elude

7th
+5
+2
+5
+2
Sneak Attack +4d6, Improved Uncanny Dodge

8th
+6
+2
+6
+2
Special Ability, No Trace +2

9th
+6
+3
+6
+3
Sneak Attack +5d6

10th
+7
+3
+7
+3
Touch of Death

11th
+8
+3
+7
+3
Sneak Attack +6d6, Special Ability

12th
+9
+4
+8
+4
No Trace+3

13th
+9
+4
+8
+4
Sneak Attack +7d6, Hide in Plain Sight

14th
+10
+4
+9
+4
Special Ability

15th
+11
+5
+9
+5
Sneak Attack +8d6

16th
+12
+5
+10
+5
No Trace+4

17th
+12
+5
+10
+5
Sneak Attack +9d6, Special Ability

18th
+13
+6
+11
+6
Fleetness of the Shinobi

19th
+14
+6
+11
+6
Sneak Attack +10d6

20th
+15
+6
+12
+6
Master Ninja, Special Ability, No Trace +5

Alignment: Any
Hit Die: 1d6

Class Skills:
Class Skills: Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Disable Device (Dex), Disguise (Cha), Escape Artist (Dex), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (local) (Int), Knowledge (nobility) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex),Perform (Cha), Profession (Wis), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spot (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex).
Skill Points at 1st Level: (6 + Int modifier) × 4
Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 6 + Int modifier

Armor and Weapon Proficiency: Ninjas are proficient with all simple weapons, plus the kama, katana (treat as a bastard sword), nunchaku, sai, short sword, shortbow, shuriken, siangham, and wakizashi (treat as a short sword). They are proficient with light armor but not with shields.

Spells

Beginning at 4th level, a ninja gains the ability to cast a number of arcane spells. To cast a spell, a ninja must have an Intelligence score of at least 10 + the spell’s level, so a ninja with an Intelligence of 10 or lower cannot cast these spells. Ninja bonus spells are based on Intelligence, and saving throws against these spells have a DC of 10 + spell level + the ninja’s Intelligence bonus.

The ninja's spell list appears below. A ninja casts spells just as a bard does.

Upon reaching 6th level, at every fourth level after that (10th, 14th, etc), a ninja can choose to learn a new spell in place of one he already knows. The new spell’s level must be the same as that of the spell being exchanged. A ninja may swap only a single spell at any given level, and must choose whether or not to swap the spell at the same time that she gains new spells known for that level. Once a Ninja swaps a new spell that spell is ineligible for future exchanges.

Spells Known

Level
1st
2nd
3rd
4th

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

7th

8th

9th

10th

11th

12th

13th

14th

15th

16th

17th

18th

19th

20th

11.Provided the ninja has sufficient Intelligence to have a bonus spell of this level.

Class Abilities

Spell List
1st Amplify, Camouflage, Climb Walls, Critical Strike, Dead End, Deep Breath, Disguise Self, Divine Favor, Death Watch, Detect Secret Doors, Detect Poison, Expedious Retreat, Feather Fall, Ghost Sound, Instane Locksmith, Instant Search, Jump, Know Greatest Enemy, Lightfoot, Magic Weapon, Obscuring Mist, Remove Scent, Resist Energy, Serene Visage, Sleep, True Strike, Ventriliquism.

2nd Absorp Weapon, Alter Self, Bladeweave, Blur, Cat’s Grace, Darkness, Dark Vision, Find Traps, Fire Shuriken, Fox’s Cunning, Illusory Script, Invisibility, Knock, Locate Object, Pass Without Trace, Silence, Spider Climb, Tongues, Undetectable Alignment, Whirling Blade.

3rd Decoy Image, Deep Slumber, Deeper Darkness, Dolorous Blow, False Life, Glibness, Haste, Magic Vestment, Misdirection, Nondetection, Phantasmal Decoy, Protection from Energy, Shrink Item, Spectral Weapon, Speechlink, Water Breathing, Weapon of Energy.

4th Air Walk, Clairaudience/Clairvoyance, Confusion, Dimension Door, Freedom of Movement, Find the Path, Glibness, Greater Invisibility, Greater Magic Weapon, Implacable Pursuer, Locate Creature, Modify Memory, Passwall, Ray Deflection, Scrying, Sending, Shadow Form, Sheltered Vitality, Solid Fog.

Sneak Attack {Ex}: If a ninja can catch an opponent when he is unable to defend himself effectively from her attack, she can strike a vital spot for extra damage.

The ninja’s attack deals extra damage anytime her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC (whether the target actually has a Dexterity bonus or not), or when the ninja flanks her target. This extra damage is 1d6 at 1st level, and increases by 1d6 every two ninja levels thereafter. Bonus damage from sneak attack is precision damage. Should the ninja score a critical hit with a sneak attack, this precision damage is not multiplied. Ranged attacks count as sneak attacks only if the target is within 30 feet.

With a weapon that deals nonlethal damage (such as a sap, whip, or unarmed strike), a ninja can make a sneak attack that deals nonlethal damage instead of lethal damage. She cannot use a weapon that deals lethal damage to deal nonlethal damage in a sneak attack, even with the usual –4 penalty.

A ninja can sneak attack only living creatures with discernible anatomies—undead, constructs, oozes, plants, and incorporeal creatures lack vital areas to attack. Any creature that is immune to critical hits is not vulnerable to sneak attacks.The ninja must be able to see the target well enough to pick out a vital spot and must be able to reach such a spot. A ninja cannot sneak attack while striking a creature with concealment

Uncanny Dodge {Ex}: Starting at 3rd level, a ninja can react to danger before her senses would normally allow her to do so. She cannot be caught f lat-footed, nor does she lose her Dexterity bonus to AC if the attacker is invisible. She still loses her Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized. A ninja with this ability can still lose her Dexterity bonus to AC if an opponent successfully uses the feint action against her.

If a ninja already possesses uncanny dodge from a different class, she automatically gains improved uncanny dodge instead.

Evasion {Ex}: At 4th level, a ninja can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. If she makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage. Evasion can be used only if the ninja is wearing light armor or no armor. A helpless ninja does not gain the benefit of evasion.

No Trace {Ex}: At 4th level, a ninja learns to cover her tracks, remain hidden, and conceal her presence. The DC to track a ninja using the Survival skill increases by +1. In addition, her training gives her a +1 insight bonus on Disguise skill checks and on opposed Spot and Listen checks whenever she does not take any action for at least 1 round. Every four levels thereafter, the increase to Survival DCs and the bonuses on Disguise and opposed Spot and Listen checks increase by 1.

Elude {Ex}: At 6th level the ninja gains a bonus to her AC equal to her intelligence modifier. If she is caught flat footed or otherwise denied her dexterity modifier, she loses this bonus.

Improved Uncanny Dodge {Ex}: At 7th level, a ninja can no longer be flanked.

This defense denies another ninja (or rogue) the ability to sneak attack the ninja by flanking her, unless the attacker has at least four more ninja (or rogue) levels than the target does.

If a character already has uncanny dodge from another class, the levels from the classes that grant uncanny dodge stack to determine the minimum ninja (or rogue) level required to flank the character.

Touch of Death {Ex}: Upon a successful attack from stealth or invisibility a ninja deals an extra amount of d6s equal to her Intelligence modifer on her sneak attack. If the total at least equals the creature’s current hit points, it dies (no save), If not then this extra damage is wasted. A ninja can only benefit from this ability once in any given encounter.

Fleetness of the Shinobi {Su}: At 18th level a ninja speed becomes legendary, her movements superhumanly quick. Once per day per Intelligence modifier, she can give herself a boost, giving herself the effects of the haste spell as well as blur (though this is not an illusion effect) for a number of rounds equal to half her Ninja levels.

Master Ninja {Su}: At 20th level, the ninja becomes a true master of her art. She can, as a standard action, use greater invisibility and silence on herself, for a number of minutes equal to her ninja level +1, which must be spend in 1 minute increments. She uses her ninja level as her caster level for this ability. This ability ignores See Invisbility and Invisibility Purge but not True Seeing. In addition a number of times per day equal to her Intelligence modifer a Ninja can give herself an extra standard action.

Special Ability {Ex or Su}:
As a ninja continues her training, she learns a number of tricks that allow her to confuse her foes and grant her supernatural abilities. Starting at 2nd level, a ninja gains one special ability. She gains an additional special ability for every 3 levels attained after 2nd. Unless otherwise noted, a ninja cannot select an individual special ability more than once.

Acrobatic Master {Ex} A ninja with this ability cangrant herself a +10 bonus on one Balance, Jump, or Tumble skill check made by the start of her next turn as a swift action.

Canny Observer {Ex} When a ninja with this talent makes a spot or listen check to hear the details of a conversation or to find concealed or secret objects (including doors and traps), she gains a +4 bonus.

Darkvision {Su} This special ability allows a ninja to enhance her sight, granting darkvision out to a range of 60 feet. This ability last 1 hour and may be selected more than once for an additional hour of duration.

Defensive Roll {Ex} The ninja can roll with a potentially lethal blow to take less damage from it than she otherwise would. Once per day, when she would be reduced to 0 or fewer hit points by damage in combat (from a weapon or other blow, not a spell or special ability), the ninja can attempt to roll with the damage. To use this ability, the ninja must attempt a Reflex saving throw (DC = damage dealt). If the save succeeds, she takes only half damage from the blow; if it fails, she takes full damage. She must be aware of the attack and able to react to it in order to execute her defensive roll—if she is denied her Dexterity bonus to AC, she can’t use this ability. Since this effect would not normally allow a character to make a Reflex save for half damage, the ninja’s evasion ability does not apply to the defensive roll.

Fast Stealth {Ex} A ninja with this trick can move at full speed using the Hide skill without penalty.

Feat: A ninja may gain any feat that she qualifies for in place of a special ability.

Feather Fall {Su} The ninja can slow her descent as if using feather fall. This ability uses her ninja level as the caster level. Using this ability is an immediate action.

Ghost Step {Su} A ninja with this trick can pass through walls as if she were a ghost. She can pass through a wall or other surface, up to 5 feet thick per level as if she were incorporeal. She must exit the solid material by the end of her turn. Using this ability is a swift action.

Hidden weapons {Ex} A ninja with this ability can easily conceal weapons on her body. The ninja adds her level on opposed Sleight of Hand skill checks made to conceal a weapon. In addition, she can draw hidden weapons as a move action, instead of as a standard action.

Infiltrator {Ex} The ninja chooses one group to oppose. The ninja gains a +2 bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, Knowledge, Listen, Sport, and Sense Motive checks against members of the enemy group. Additionally, she gains a +2 bonus on weapon attack and damage rolls against them. A group is one faction, such as an army, the members of a particular noble house and their retainers, a city guild, or the local chapter of a religion.

Ledge Walker {Ex} This ability allows a ninja to move along narrow surfaces at full speed using the balance skill without penalty. In addition, a ninja with this talent is not flat-footed when using balance to move along narrow surfaces.

Low-Light Vision {Ex} The ninja gains low-light vision.

Loyal Spy {Ex} The ninja gains a +4 bonus to resist any charm or compulsion effect that would cause her to act against members of one group. A group has the same meaning as group for the infiltrator special ability.

Misdirection {Su} Once per day, the ninja may use misdirection, as the spell, with a caster level of her level. The spell must be placed on herself. This special ability may be selected more than once, each time allowing an additionla use per day.

Ninja Vanish {Su} The ninja can Use invisibilty as the spell for 1 round per level. Using this ability is a swift action, the caster level for this ability is equal to the ninjas level.

Shadow Clone {Su} The ninja can create 1d4 shadowy duplicates of herself that conceal her true location. This functions as mirror image, using the ninja’s level as her caster level. Using this ability is a standard action.

Slippery Mind {Ex} This ability represents the ninja’s ability to wriggle free from magical effects that would otherwise control or compel her. If a ninja with slippery mind is affected by an enchantment spell or effect and fails her saving throw, she can attempt it again 1 round later at the same DC. She gets only this one extra chance to succeed on her saving throw.

Slow Reactions {Ex} Opponents that are damaged by the ninja’s sneak attack can’t make attacks of opportunity for 1 round.

Smoke Bombs {Ex} This ability allows a ninja to throw a smoke bomb that creates a cloud of smoke with a 1o-foot radius. This acts like the smoke from a smokestick. The ninja can center this smoke on herself, or throw the bomb as a ranged touch attack with a range of 20 feet. Using this ability is a standard action. The ninja can use this ability once per day per ninja level, plus an additional number of times per day equal to her Intelligence Modifier.

Sudden Disguise {Su} The ninja can change her appearance for 1 minute per level. This ability functions as disguise self. Using this ability is a swift action.

Ventriloquism {Su} The ninja can throw her voice as if using the spell ventriloquism. She can use this ability for 1 minute per ninja level. Using this ability is a swift action, and must be spent in 1 minute increments.

Wall Climber {Ex} A ninja with this ability gains a climb speed of 20 feet, but only on vertical surfaces. This ability cannot be used to scale perfectly smooth surfaces or to climb on the underside of horizontal surfaces.

Ashtagon
2013-03-26, 01:21 AM
If I had an open choice between ninja and rogue classes, why would I not take this ninja class?

ngilop
2013-03-26, 04:04 PM
If I had an open choice between ninja and rogue classes, why would I not take this ninja class?

Is... is that a good thing or a bad thing?:smallconfused:

I was hopefully aiming at a high 'tier' 4 or a 'tier' 3 designation for this class and maybe fixing the actual 3rd ed ninja im not sure if I have accomplished my own goals or not.

ngilop
2013-03-28, 09:24 PM
Ok, again I implore Ashtagon to answer my previous question on whether chosing my version of the ninj over a rogue is a good or bad thing.

also seriosuly that does not even come close to a critique more like an obersvation and a statement/question with no regards to a reason why such a sentance was even uttered in the first part.

I just want to know if this version of the ninja is playable and in a better position than the standard D&D 3.5 Ninja.

and if not what are areas that I can change and correct this class to get it there while in keeping with my original intended goal of how i envision a ninja.

Ashtagon
2013-03-29, 02:33 AM
What I was highlighting in my post is that this ninja is, in every way measurable, strictly superior to a regular rogue. The rogue class is literally obsolete in any game where this class exists. (Well, ok, it has 2 more skill points per level. woo.)

So really, the question is, was that intentional? Did you want to get rid of the rogue as a player-class? If so, you succeeded. If not, you have a problem.

ngilop
2013-03-29, 04:26 PM
Well I never thought about it really. I know that the ability to sneak is much much greater than the standard rogues.

but then again I do not use the standard rogue. Up untill I discovered this homebrew version of the rogue (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12124914&postcount=38) (albeit slightly altered)I used a semi gestalt rogue/ swordsage (used a war-blade progression but kept all the other SS class abilities)

But aside from that, does my Ninja actually better than the standard ninja and ble to fulfil the criteria i want in a ninja.

ngilop
2013-04-08, 06:52 PM
Ok I need something to plop in at level 18.. i am thinking of some kind of maybe extra action kinda thing and call it go ninja go ninja go (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFLGRidfFo4)..? like give him an extra standard action a number of times per day equal to Int modifier..

I am also thinking of giving them a6th levle abitliy similar to the Duelists Int to ac.. seems pretty decent.

eftexar
2013-04-08, 07:01 PM
Why not give the ninja something like delivering the Death Touch through an attack, from the Death Domain, a few times per day? It seems fitting.

The AC definitely seems like a good idea though. This is much better than the original Ninja. WotC took a cool concept and ruined it in my opinion.

ngilop
2013-04-08, 08:24 PM
THAT is genius!! i love that idea the death domain thing

put that in at 10th my AC boost at th and the super cool ninja stuff at 18th and POW this class will be finsihed

also thanks so muchf or giving this class a critque i have close to 300 views and your the only actual critique i have gotten so far.

eftexar
2013-04-09, 05:39 PM
I'm glad you like my idea, but I understand how you feel.

I've had a few different threads up over the past few days and most of them were basically ignored entirely, except for what amounts to some comments on format or clarification of what my intent is. My last magic rewrite sort of died because of the lack of interest.

I'm beginning to wonder if the exchange a peach thread is a good idea as it seems whenever that thread flares up with activity nobody hovers on over to any of my stuff. I'm concerned it is slowly transitioning from a "this is a nice way to not be overlooked" or "I don't have to wait three or four days" to a "you have to post here to get peached anytime within the next century."

They'll have to built it in as a forum function soon. :smallannoyed:

Sorry for my rant, but I'm in a bit of a foul mood because I've hardly slept at all in the past couple of days.

ngilop
2013-04-09, 09:34 PM
Its fine. i understand you completely my own theroem is the 'old boy' circle. you can see certain authors of homebrew will have 100 or under vieews but 20-30 posts and then in contrrast my ninja which has 355 views and 9 posts. 2 of which have zero to do with critiquing at all..

Ashtagon
2013-04-10, 04:28 AM
Its fine. i understand you completely my own theroem is the 'old boy' circle. you can see certain authors of homebrew will have 100 or under vieews but 20-30 posts and then in contrrast my ninja which has 355 views and 9 posts. 2 of which have zero to do with critiquing at all..

I was left unclear from your response whether this is a replacement for the rogue, ninja, or both, and what your regular "rogue" types should be taking if not this. Without knowing how it fits into the bigger picture, I don't feel able to give effective critique.

ngilop
2013-04-10, 08:26 AM
I was under the assumption the title gave it away as a ninja re-tooling. My apologies if I did not make that clear enough.

ALso i thought the linked homebrewed Rogue i gave was response enough on what rogue i am using ( i do not use the given capstone but instead give them perma haste seems fitting)

and the only critique i was asking for was simply did I fit my idea of what a ninja should be and did i improve the standard ninja enough to make it attractively playable, and di i hit my sweet spot of 'tier' 3 or high 'tier' 4?

to me those 3 critques can be done in a vaccuum without regards to any other class as you are comparing my version of the ninja with the WoTC one, to my idea of what a ninja is, and lastly what 'tier' does this version of the ninja fall into?

ngilop
2013-04-15, 08:18 PM
Im thinking of adding in new spells hat are 'mythologically' ninja esque, what do you guys think?

ngilop
2013-04-17, 07:20 PM
there added 29 more spells

what do you guys think of my ninja? I appreciate any suggestions.

SamBurke
2013-04-17, 07:24 PM
What I was highlighting in my post is that this ninja is, in every way measurable, strictly superior to a regular rogue. The rogue class is literally obsolete in any game where this class exists. (Well, ok, it has 2 more skill points per level. woo.)

So really, the question is, was that intentional? Did you want to get rid of the rogue as a player-class? If so, you succeeded. If not, you have a problem.

The rogue isn't a great class by any means, and it could use the treatment the rogue is given here.

The class is solid, though I was expecting a few new spells to go along with it. If you could think of any, that would be fantastic.

ngilop
2013-04-17, 07:32 PM
WHne you say new spells do you mean new as in 'in addition to what i ahve listen already' or new as in ' you make these up'

also do you think I hit the nail on the head in rgards to getting the Ninja where I want it in the following 3 terms
1) My idea of what the ninja is all about
2) it this version of the ninja better than the original and by better i mean both more powerful and more versatile
3) is this version of the ninja 'tier' 3 or at least high 'tier' 4?

ngilop
2013-05-03, 11:34 PM
Still hoping (though I know it is futile as im not one of the 'good old boys') that somebody actually comes and gives actual critques on my ninja, I am ever so thankful that one person, eftexar, actually did some critqueing.

but samburke butting in to say the standard rogue is not a great class is off topic and in actuallity a reportable offense, but I gave up reporting people on this site a long time ago, even when I linked the actual law and what the person did to warrant my report nothing ever got done.

It just makes a man wonder what he did too all of these GiTP big-time homebrewers here that make them look at my homebrew but not give any say at all, or in the case of samburke go compeltely offtopic or like ashtagon, just pose a question on why she ever take a standard rouge over this ninja.

seriosuly those 2 are not even close to a critituqe do I need to throw money at people? Just let me know what I am doing wrong for everybody to look at my creations but never actually give any input or in the cases of samburke and ashtagon, just say whatever you want, even if it has ZERO to do with the thread and goes against the forums rules.

wayfare
2013-06-03, 02:25 AM
Quite sleep now, but here are initial thoughts (more forthcoming in the next 24)

Generally, good balance. The final few abilities need some tweaking, but not too much major.

Spells:
You have a fairly expansive spell list, which i think is pretty decent as far as these things go, given that pally's and rangers actually have a massive spell list themselves. However, you have some things that are out of theme for a Ninja.

Divine Favor, Tongues, Magic Vestment, Scrying, Speechlink, and Weapon of Energy are a few that pop out at me.

Touch of Death
I see what you are going for, but this modification really doesnt need a use inhibitor. The user has to enter/break stealth to use this, so it has a built-in limiter. It could even do straight damage w/o too much of a difference (imagine a rogue with some shadow hand -- they can pull off comperable st damage).

Fleetness of the Shinobi
...is quite powerful as it is. Duplicating spell effects is ok, but write the effect out. This is helpful because it helps you decide if the effects combined are too powerful. As things stand, FotS is much better than Master Ninja -- hase, blur, and extra actions, in a separate pile -- just too sweet not to be a capstone. Honestly, it seems like you should amend to Timestop.

This is a really good start! Your ninja is an excellent spy/assassin -- Its debatable if this hits a highter tier until level 18 -- the casting is lvl 4, which the rogue gets via UMD. I'm inclined to say this is low 3 until you hit the capstones, but folks tell me i veer high, so take me with a grain of salt.

Now, a good next step is to make a rogue class and figure out what is different between the two? Maybe follow the PF tradition and just mess with the special powers a bit?

Ok, got to sleep now. More tomorrow!

ngilop
2013-07-01, 12:31 AM
there i findangled the capstone and fleetness of the shinobi.

hopefully that did a littlle to make the capstone a good capstone.

Alabenson
2013-10-26, 10:56 AM
Regarding the spells; the biggest issue I have with the ninja’s spellcasting is the fact that it has some of the same problems that Paladin and Ranger spellcasting have, in that by the time they get many of their spells, said spells are already obsolete. A good example of this would be the sleep spell; by level 4 (the earliest the ninja can cast sleep) sleep is already become largely useless against most of the opponents one faces at that level. At the very least, I’d consider adjusting the spellcasting to have it begin at first level.

No Trace: This ability looks fairly interesting, but the bonuses seem a little weak. You may want to consider doubling them to +2/+4/+6/+8/+10.

Elude: The thing I noticed about this ability is that, unlike similar “X to AC” abilities, it doesn’t make any mention about not working when the character is wearing armor above a certain weight category. I’m not sure if that was intentional or just an oversight.

Touch of Death: I think this ability may need to be reworked somewhat. As it is currently written, the ninja lacks the ability to choose when it activates, and thus it will activate on the first opponent the ninja sneak attacks in the round, which in turn means that there is a good chance it will be wasted; a ninja will likely have an Intelligence modifier of about +4 at that level, and 4d6 damage is fairly minor at mid-to-high levels.
I would recommend adding language to the ability enabling the ninja to choose whether or not to activate the ability, increase the dice pool to 1d6 per class level, and possibly add a per/day use limitation on top of the per/encounter limitation.

Fleetness of the Shinobi: While this ability looks very good on its own, it feels a little underwhelming at the level you receive it. What you may want to consider doing is to move this ability to a lower level and move one of the capstone ability’s two effects to level 18.

Overall, I’d say this either hits Tier-3 or at least very high Tier-4. The main area I see your ninja having problems with is the fact that it’s almost completely shut down by the same foes that shut down any Sneak Attack using class.

gooddragon1
2013-10-30, 04:51 PM
Hit Die: 1d6 -> d6

Spell List:

Instane Locksmith->Instant Locksmith
Ventriliquism->Ventriloquism
Absorp Weapon->Absorb Weapon
Dark Vision->Darkvision

Uncanny Dodge:

cannot be caught f lat-footed->cannot be caught flat-footed

Special Ability:

ability cangrant herself->ability can grant herself

This ability last 1 hour->This ability lasts 1 hour

Ghost Step {Su} What happens if you don't exit? Are you flung back to the starting point?

allowing an additionla use per day->allowing an additional use per day

The ninja can Use invisibilty as the spell->The ninja can use invisibilty as the spell [capital to lower case "u"]

===

Stronger than the rogue but if you buffed the rogue too with a fix then it's fine. Also, a rogue has trapfinding and a more expansive skill list I think so this is more of a scout. The touch of death ability is thematic but if you bring the target down to 0 or fewer they're probably dead anyways. Doesn't mean it isn't cool though. The silence ability from the 20th level ability could interfere with your spellcasting but it's okay I guess.

These may be too powerful so weigh them...

Suggestion: A really cool ability would be to have your spells not require a verbal component (still requires somatic or requires somatic instead). Fits with the ninja stealth, allows the 20th level ability not to mess with your spells, and lets you cast stuff while gagged (or gagged and bound with only still spell needed). Also lets you mess up some casters by using silence on yourself and staying near them.

Suggestion 2: A feat that allows you to cast spells as a swift action. Like the battle blessing (http://dndtools.eu/feats/complete-champion--57/battle-blessing--182/) feat that a paladin can get.

For the most part it looks good though as the spells can make up for some of the things you need and can replace a few items meaning you don't have to spend as much.