PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5 Feat] Spell-thief "Theurgic" Feats [PEACH]

Xuldarinar
2013-03-25, 05:38 PM
Complete Adventurer and Complete Scoundrel both introduce us to a type of feat that promotes multi-classing. In Complete Scoundrel we see two directly targeted at the spell thief. Master Spellthief (Any arcane casting class with spell thief), and Psithief (Any manifesting class with spell thief). Here, I shall be expanding upon that theme. Enjoy.

Eldritch Spellthief
Prerequisite: Eldritch Blast 2d6, steal spell
Benefit: You can use your steal spell ability to copy both invocations and spells. Invocations, for the purpose of steal spell, break down as follows; Least are equivalent to 1st, Lesser are equivalent to 3rd, Greater are equivalent 5th, and Dark are equivalent to 8th. In addition, you may use steal spell in conjunction with eldritch blast by sacrificing 1d6 damage. Your warlock and spell thief levels stack for the purpose of determining invocation and spell DCs, and for determining the highest level spell/invocation you may steal.

Manuverable Spellthief
Prerequisite: Ability to use 2nd-level maneuvers, steal spell
Benefit: You can use your steal spell ability to steal a maneuver in place of a spell. Instead of stealing a spell, you can choose to steal a maneuver up to the highest level of spell you may normally steal. Your levels in maneuver using classes stack with your spellthief levels for determining highest level spells and maneuvers you may steal and for determining DCs.

Sacred Spellthief
Prerequisite: Ability to cast 2nd-level divine spells, steal spell
Benefit: Your spell thief levels stack with levels of any divine spell casting class for the purpose of determining what level of spell you want to steal. For example, a 4th-level spell thief/4th-level cleric could steal spells of up to 4th level, as if he were an 8th-level spell thief.
Your spell thief and divine spell caster levels also stack when determining your caster level for both classes. The character described above would have a caster level of 8th for both his spell thief spells and his cleric spells.

Shadow-thief
Prerequisite: Ability to use 2nd-level mysteries, steal spell
Benefit: You can use your steal spell ability to steal shadow energy instead of spell energy. Instead of stealing a spell, you can choose to steal a mystery of up to the same level of spells you can steal. Your levels in spell thief and mystery using classes stack for the purpose of determining the highest level spell/mystery you can steal and for determining DCs. For example, a 4th-level spellthief/4th-level shadowcaster could steal up to 4th level spells and mysteries.
Spells that are stolen, of the evocation and conjuration school are cast as if cast by means of shadow evocation or shadow conjuration, which ever is applicable. This upgrades to greater shadow evocation/conjuration upon learning the equivalent spell or mystery. Unlike the actual spell, this does not limit the maximum level of spell cast.
And finally, mysteries cast may be cast in up to light armor without incurring an arcane spell failure.
Normal: Mysteries, when able to be cast 1 per mystery per day, incur an arcane spell failure when cast in any type of armor.

Vestige-thief
Prerequisite: Ability to bind 2nd-level Visages, steal spell
Benefit: You can use your steal spell ability to steal a vestige in place of a spell. Instead of stealing a spell, you can choose to steal an opponent's vestige of one level lower than the highest level spell you can steal. Stealing a vestige still requires you to make the appropriate saves for binding, and will only last until when its duration would have ended (24 hours after it was bound by the original binder). Your binder levels and spell thief levels stack for the purposes of determining the highest level spell/vestige you may steal, and for determining DCs.

If you have any advice, it would be more than welcome.

ArkenBrony
2013-03-25, 05:57 PM
these are all cool, what do you think about invocations maybe?

Xuldarinar
2013-03-25, 06:01 PM
these are all cool, what do you think about invocations maybe?

Cooking one up right now.

I enjoy invocations, I just needed a moment to think about approaching it.

Edit: Its up now.

ArkenBrony
2013-03-25, 06:13 PM
these are all awesome, great idea

Xuldarinar
2013-03-26, 12:14 AM
Digging around, I found an old(?) forum thread I made on Theurgic feats. I've updated it to include these, and will continue to update it from time to time. If you want to see what all is there: Here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14833647#post14833647)
Your welcome to post on it, but I'm not going to 'bump' it.

Contained are theurgic feats for:
Archivist
Binder
Dread Necromancer
Shadowcaster
Spellthief
Warlock

If you have any thoughts specifically on the spell thief feats here, then simply comment here. If you want to comment on all or any other of my home-brewed theurgic feats, comment under where the link takes you.