PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 - Badger Related Request

gurgleflep
2013-03-26, 11:35 PM
Hello everybody. I would like to ask you lovely people here at Homebrew to please make a badgerfolk and a werebadger. I know it's a bit of an odd request, but I've seen catfolk, kenku, lizardmen and numerous other animal humanoids, but none of which really caught my interest.
Thank you to anybody and everybody who takes up the job. :smallsmile:

Edit: I know about the Wildren and have read every bit of information on them in the Planar Handbook, but they don't have the feel I'm going for.

Mephibosheth
2013-03-27, 08:35 AM
Not sure exactly what you're looking for, flavor-wise, but I also love badgers and agree that there needs to be a badgerfolk race. Here's my initial attempt at a racial stat block. Let me know what you think.

Badgerfolk
+2 Con, -2 Cha. Badgerfolk are tenacious and enduring, but their solitary lifestyles leave them ill-suited for interpersonal interaction
Medium humanoid: As Medium creatures, badgerfolk have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size
Badgerfolk base land speed is 30 feet. They also have a burrow speed of 5 feet. A burrowing badgerfolk leaves behind a useable 5-foot diameter tunnel unless the soil she is burrowing through is very loose.
Low-Light Vision: A badgerfolk can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
Natural Attacks: A badgerfolk has two claw attacks she can use as natural weapons, dealing 1d4 points of damage. A badgerfolk wielding a weapon can attack with her claw as a secondary natural attack, taking a -5 penalty to her attack roll and applying one half of her Strength modifier as a bonus to damage.
Rage (Ex): A badgerfolk that takes damage in combat can choose to enter into a rage on her next turn, clawing and biting madly until either it or its opponent is dead. She gains a +2 bonus to Strength and Constitution. Once she enters this state, she must succeed on a Will save (DC = damage dealt by the attack that spurred her rage) to end the rage. She must also succeed on a Will save to do anything other than attack the creature that damaged her. A badgerfolk can use this ability a total number of rounds per day equal to her Constitution modifier, broken up into one round increments (assuming she is able to make her Will save). The damage that spurs this ability cannot be self-inflicted.
I'm trying to keep it to the strong side of +0 LA and am fairly comfortable so far, though I haven't done as much work with races as others on the boards. I tried to get in most of the characteristics that D&D badgers have. Thoughts?

Debihuman
2013-03-27, 10:48 AM
Tome of Horrors II has official write up of badgerfolk (see Ryven).

There's this: http://furrydnd.tribe.net/thread/fa8ea811-d5d0-4a3e-a4d2-ff36251241fd

and this: http://creaturecatalog.enworld.org/cc/converted/view_t.php?TemplateID=78

Debby

gurgleflep
2013-03-27, 12:46 PM
Not sure exactly what you're looking for, flavor-wise, but I also love badgers and agree that there needs to be a badgerfolk race. Here's my initial attempt at a racial stat block. Let me know what you think.

Badgerfolk
+2 Con, -2 Cha. Badgerfolk are tenacious and enduring, but their solitary lifestyles leave them ill-suited for interpersonal interaction
Medium humanoid: As Medium creatures, badgerfolk have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size
Badgerfolk base land speed is 30 feet. They also have a burrow speed of 5 feet. A burrowing badgerfolk leaves behind a useable 5-foot diameter tunnel unless the soil she is burrowing through is very loose.
Low-Light Vision: A badgerfolk can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
Natural Attacks: A badgerfolk has two claw attacks she can use as natural weapons, dealing 1d4 points of damage. A badgerfolk wielding a weapon can attack with her claw as a secondary natural attack, taking a -5 penalty to her attack roll and applying one half of her Strength modifier as a bonus to damage.
Rage (Ex): A badgerfolk that takes damage in combat can choose to enter into a rage on her next turn, clawing and biting madly until either it or its opponent is dead. She gains a +2 bonus to Strength and Constitution. Once she enters this state, she must succeed on a Will save (DC = damage dealt by the attack that spurred her rage) to end the rage. She must also succeed on a Will save to do anything other than attack the creature that damaged her. A badgerfolk can use this ability a total number of rounds per day equal to her Constitution modifier, broken up into one round increments (assuming she is able to make her Will save). The damage that spurs this ability cannot be self-inflicted.
I'm trying to keep it to the strong side of +0 LA and am fairly comfortable so far, though I haven't done as much work with races as others on the boards. I tried to get in most of the characteristics that D&D badgers have. Thoughts?

I quite like this :smallsmile:
Hadn't expected the burrow thing, but that's rather cool. How would one do a check to see if they know there's something burrowing underneath them though?

Thank you, you've done great.

Tome of Horrors II has official write up of badgerfolk (see Ryven).

There's this: http://furrydnd.tribe.net/thread/fa8ea811-d5d0-4a3e-a4d2-ff36251241fd

and this: http://creaturecatalog.enworld.org/cc/converted/view_t.php?TemplateID=78

Debby

Thank you for informing me on the Tome of Horrors, I'll look into it ASAP, and thanks for the links to the werebadgers as well :smallsmile: