PDA

View Full Version : [Feats] Another Handful of Feats

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-11-17, 10:04 AM
Blacklung [General]
You have grown up within smokey, polluted locales and are accostomed to it.
Prerequisites: Con 13
Benefit: You may breathe within heavy smoke without immediate ill-effects. You need make a fortitude save only every minute. You also recieve a +4 bonus on saves against inhaled poisons (such as smoke) and diseases.
Normal: You must make a fortitude save every round you remain within heavy smoke.

Carrier [General]
You are a host to an infectious disease.
Prerequisite: Disease Immunity (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Disease_Immunity,HH)
Benefit: You may choose one disease you have gained immunity to through the prerequisite feat. If you are exposed to this disease you become a carrier of it within 2d6 days.

Depending on the type of infection, you may infect others with it in a number of ways.

Ingested: To spread an ingested disease you must sustain damage from a bite attack.
Inhaled: To spread an inhaled infection you must use a full round action to breathe out a lungful of infected air. This cloud remains in place for a number of rounds equal to the carrier's Constitution modifier, though a moderate wind (11+ mph) or higher disperses it immediately.
Injury: To spread an infection through injury you must make a bite attack against your opponent. If you do not have a natural bite attack you can still attempt to infect. You may attempt a bite attack with a -5 penalty, granting an attack of opportunity, that deals 1 point of damage plus the disease.
Contact: To spread a contact disease you must make a touch attack against your opponent.

The DC of this disease is equal to 10 + half your HD + your consitution modifier.
Special: If you are the target of a spell or power that heals diseases you lose the ability to infect until you are exposed to the disease once more.

Dislocation [General]
You can bend in ways you were not meant to.
Prerequisite: Agile, escape artist 5 ranks
Benefit: You can dislocate bones and move them about in painful ways. You may take 10 on escape artist checks. Each time you take 10 however you must succeed on a Fortitude save (DC = to escape artist check) or take 1d4 non-lethal damage.

Numbing Rage
Prerequisite: Rage or frenzy ability.
Benefit: While you are in a rage or frenzy you are immune to extra damage and penalties (such as movement restrictions from caltrops) stemming from pain. Non-lethal damage and its effects are postponed until the end of the rage.

Skewering Thrust [Fighter]
You can pin your opponent with your powerful thrusts.
Prerequisite: Improved Sunder, Power Attack, Str 14, base attack bonus +6
Benefit: You use a piercing weapon or sai to pin your opponent to a surface as a full-round action. If you use your Power Attack feat to take a -4 penalty to your attack, you may attempt to successfully strike an opponent, drive your blade through them, and into an adjacent surface such the ground or a wall, instead of doing extra damage. Your weapon must be able to do at least 1 point of damage to the surface to stick within. Your opponent is unable to move from their square until their turn. A skewered individual takes a -2 penalty on all attack rolls and a -4 penalty to Dexterity. A skewered character who attempts to cast a spell must make a Concentration check (DC 15 + the spell’s level) or lose the spell.

Upon their next turn they may use a move action to make an opposed strength check to remove the blade from the surface, dealing damage equal to half the initial damage the weapon dealt. An opponent who succeeds on a DC 15 Heal check can remove the weapon without further injury.

The damage dealt by a skewering thrust cannot be healed until the weapon has been removed.

Special: A fighter can select Skewering Thrust as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Captain van der Decken
2006-11-17, 10:25 AM
I like Dislocation, I'm sure there was a famous escapologist who did that, however, I'd have thought you need Heal ranks/check for it.

Improved Sunder doesn't quite seem to fit Skewering Thrust, but the only thing that seems similar is Ranged Pin, which doesn't help much.

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-11-17, 10:58 AM
I like Dislocation, I'm sure there was a famous escapologist who did that, however, I'd have thought you need Heal ranks/check for it.Mmmm, maybe, but just because you know of ways to pop your bones around doesn't neccessarily mean you would be any good about treating injuries, disease, etc.

Improved Sunder doesn't quite seem to fit Skewering Thrust, but the only thing that seems similar is Ranged Pin, which doesn't help much.You are not only driving your weapon through the person, but also into an object in such a way that the weapon sticks there.

Edit: Added Carrier and Numbing Rage

Serakus_DeSardis
2006-11-17, 11:11 AM
I've gotta say in the short time I've been purusing these boards I have never seen an entry from Vorpal I didn't like. Good work man, always a pleasure to see your content.

XtheYeti
2006-11-17, 01:04 PM
VT is a master of his craft... he took skill focus Craft: awesome D&D stuff and maxed his ranks in it... dude i want to play in a game you DM... not that i would survive the first session

Captain van der Decken
2006-11-17, 01:50 PM
I guess you're right Vorpal, re-attatching the dislocated limb would probably require it though.
Skewering, I see what you mean.
Love Carrier, makes Disease Immunity more useful.
Numbing rage is good for a Frenzied Beserker, not as good for a Barbarian.

Fax Celestis
2006-11-17, 02:04 PM
Are you kidding? I'd take it.

Captain van der Decken
2006-11-17, 02:30 PM
I'm probably missing a really good use for it, :tongue: but I don't see it as that great, unless you're wanted alive or something.

Wait. It's great for that. Never mind.