2013-03-30, 10:10 PM
Spite
Evocation
Level: Clrc 6, sor/wiz 6
Components: V,S, M, DF, XP
Casting time: 10 minutes
Range: Personal
Target: You
If you die while under the effects of this spell, you blast the area around you with a burst of energy.
Upon casting spite you must choose one of the five energy types: fire cold, electricity, acid, or sonic. If you die, no matter the cause, while spite is active, a burst of energy erupts from your body to a radius equal to 5ft per CL, (Maximum 50ft radius.) destroying your body (but not your possessions) and doing 1d6 points of damage per CL (Maximum 20d6) of the energy type you chose to everything in the area. A reflex save halves the damage, but spell resistance does not apply. You have no choice on whether spits activates or not.
You can have only one spite spell active at a time; if a second is cast while the first is still active, the first is dispelled. A caster can only dispell spite if their caster level is higher than your's at the time you cast spite.
Material Component: A pint of your own blood.
XP Component: 100 XP.

Grudge
Enchantment (Compulsion)[Mind affecting]
level: Blackguard 1, Cleric 1, Pal 1, Ranger 1
Components, V, DF
Casting Time: 1 Standard action
Duration: 10 minutes/ level
Anytime any of your foes harms you (by doing hit point or ability damage, or ability drain) while grudge is active, you recieve a +2 morale bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls per 3 caster levels (Maximum +12 at 18th level) against that creature. If multiple foes harm you while the foe is active, you recieve this bonus against all of them. The bonuses last until the end of the spell's duration, but are not cumulative (that is, no matter how many times an individual creature harms you, you recieve the bonus against them one time only).

Nerve Disrupting: This trait can be added to any magical weapon with a +1 or higher bonus. Bows, slings, and crossbows that recieve this enchantment bestow the effect upon their ammunition. A weapon with this trait leaves no wounds or marks upon living creatures that it strikes or kills. It leaves marks on undead, constructs, and objects as normal.
Faint Necromancy; CL 5th; Craft magic arms and armor, False Life; Price +2000GP.

Vulnerability
Transmutation
Level: bard 3, Cleric 3, Sor/wiz 3
Components: V,S,M
Casting time: 1 Standard action
Range: Medium (100ft +10ft/ level)
Duration: 1 minute/ CL
Saving throw: Fortitude negates
Spell resistance: Yes
The targeted creature becomes vulnerable to a specific energy type.
Upon casting this spell the caster chooses an energy type (acid, cold, fire, electricity, or sonic). The target must make a successful fortitude save or they gain the Vulnerability to Energy special quality, meaning that they take 50% more damage from the energy type chosen by the caster. Against a creature that is already vulnerable to the energy type, or a creature immune to the chosen energy type, this spell has no effect.
Material Component: A small pin or needle.

Vulnerability, Mass
Transmutation
Level: bard 6, Clrc 6, sor/wiz 6
Range Medium (100ft + 10ft/ CL)
Target 1 creature per CL, no two of which can be more than 30ft apart.
This spell functions like Vulnerability, except that it can affect multiple creatures with a single casting. All of the targets become vulnerable to the same energy type.

Arcane Severing: A weapon with this ability is the bane of creatures who rely upon arcane magic. A creature struck by such a weapon must make a DC 17 fortitude save or lose its ability to cast arcane spells or use arcane spell like abilities for 1d4 rounds. Only melee weapons can have this ability.
Moderate Abjuration; CL 11th; Craft magic arms and armor, Antimagic field; Price +2 bonus.

I have pages of these, but my ambition to type them all up has abandoned me. :p

DracoDei
2013-03-30, 10:59 PM
Your formatting needs work if you want to attract the maximum amount of feedback.

Here is a thread that will help: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10313 .

Yitzi
2013-03-30, 11:26 PM
-Spite is ridiculously underpowered. The 50' radius is somewhat impressive (it'll always be exactly 50', as that's the maximum but is already attained at the minimum CL for a level 6 spell), but (even when combined with no-SR) isn't worth an XP cost OR preventing you from being resurrected by anything short of True Res OR having no control over its activation, much less all three. And that's not counting the highly restrictive activation condition and high spell level.

Also, what is its duration? And evocation direct-damage that ignores SR is pretty much unheard of, for good reason.

-Grudge, on the other hand, is probably too powerful. The condition is so easy to fulfill as to be nearly irrelevant, and the bonus is quite a bit stronger than Divine Favor (the closest comparison), plus 10 minutes per level is quite a bit more useful for a buff duration than 1 minute.

-Nerve Disrupting seems a bit useless...just leaving no marks isn't a big deal unless you're trying to hide foul play, and if such weapons exist then that will be considered. Also, a +X bonus (probably +1 in this case) is a lot more common than a fixed increase in GP cost (which is usually only used for abilities that aren't really relevant to being a weapon/armor, such as skill increases), so you probably should change it to +1.

-Vulnerability and its mass version seem fairly ok.

-Arcane Severing is a fairly powerful ability; consider increasing the price.

Thomar_of_Uointer
2013-03-31, 03:03 AM
Spite
Evocation
Level: Clrc 6, sor/wiz 6
Components: V,S, M, DF, XP
Casting time: 10 minutes
If you die while under the effects of this spell, you blast the area around you with a burst of energy.
Upon casting spite you must choose one of the five energy types: fire cold, electricity, acid, or sonic. If you die, no matter the cause, while spite is active, a burst of energy erupts from your body to a radius equal to 5ft per CL, (Maximum 50ft radius.) destroying your body (but not your possessions) and doing 1d6 points of damage per CL (Maximum 20d6) of the energy type you chose to everything in the area. A reflex save halves the damage, but spell resistance does not apply. You have no choice on whether spits activates or not.
You can have only one spite spell active at a time; if a second is cast while the first is still active, the first is dispelled. A caster can only dispell spite if their caster level is higher than your's at the time you cast spite.
Material Component: A pint of your own blood.
XP Component: 100 XP.
Underpowered for its level. 10 points of damage per caster level would be appropriate at a lower level, and at 6th level 20 points of damage per caster level might be appropriate as long as there's some visual indicator that it's up (making it identifiable via spellcraft). Making it cost XP is weird and pointless. The range is weird, it would be better to make it Close-range. The duration is weird, it would be better to make it 1 minute per level. It lists a pint of blood as a component, but you have offered no helpful indication as to how that would affect the caster if he opened a vein right before casting.

Grudge
Enchantment (Compulsion)[Mind affecting]
level: Blackguard 1, Cleric 1, Pal 1, Ranger 1
Components, V, DF
Duration: 10 minutes/ level
Anytime any of your foes harms you (by doing hit point or ability damage, or ability drain) while grudge is active, you recieve a +2 morale bonus on attack rolls and damage rolls per 3 caster levels (Maximum +12 at 18th level) against that creature. If multiple foes harm you while the foe is active, you recieve this bonus against all of them. The bonuses last until the end of the spell's duration, but are not cumulative (that is, no matter how many times an individual creature harms you, you recieve the bonus against them one time only).
Overpowered, how often aren't paladins going to be hitting things that hit back. A flat +2 bonus would be fine as a first-level spell. As a scaling bonus it's better as a second-level spell but only if the duration is reduced to 1 round per caster level.

Nerve Disrupting: This trait can be added to any magical weapon with a +1 or higher bonus. Bows, slings, and crossbows that recieve this enchantment bestow the effect upon their ammunition. A weapon with this trait leaves no wounds or marks upon living creatures that it strikes or kills. It leaves marks on undead, constructs, and objects as normal.
Faint Necromancy; CL 5th; Craft magic arms and armor, False Life; Price +2000GP.
Oh, that's interesting. If you're making it work on ammo, you ought to note that the ammo disintegrates as part of the effect. You should also give some explanation as to what the Heal, Spellcraft, and Spot skills can do anything to identify its effect (for example, a very high Heal check could determine that the person was wounded but it's all under their skin and there are no bruises, while a lower Spot could notice strange cuts in the clothing).

Vulnerability
Transmutation
Level: bard 3, Cleric 3, Sor/wiz 3
Components: V,S,M
Casting time: 1 Standard action
Range: Medium (100ft +10ft/ level)
Duration: 1 minute/ CL
Saving throw: Fortitude negates
The targeted creature becomes vulnerable to a specific energy type.
Upon casting this spell the caster chooses an energy type (acid, cold, fire, electricity, or sonic). The target must make a successful fortitude save or they gain the Vulnerability to Energy special quality, meaning that they take 50% more damage from the energy type chosen by the caster. Against a creature that is already vulnerable to the energy type, or a creature immune to the chosen energy type, this spell has no effect.
Material Component: A small pin or needle.

Vulnerability, Mass
Transmutation
Level: bard 6, Clrc 6, sor/wiz 6
Range Medium (100ft + 10ft/ CL)
Target 1 creature per CL, no two of which can be more than 30ft apart.
This spell functions like Vulnerability, except that it can affect multiple creatures with a single casting. All of the targets become vulnerable to the same energy type.
Looks fine. I think this is inappropriate for the bard spell list.

Arcane Severing: A weapon with this ability is the bane of creatures who rely upon arcane magic. A creature struck by such a weapon must make a DC 17 fortitude save or lose its ability to cast arcane spells or use arcane spell like abilities for 1d4 rounds. Only melee weapons can have this ability.
Moderate Abjuration; CL 11th; Craft magic arms and armor, Antimagic field; Price +2 bonus.
This is too powerful to be Fortitude, change it to Will. I like how it only works in melee, that's a fairly good way to balance it. Also, spell-like abilities are neither arcane nor divine, they're never listed as such, so I would remove its effect on spell-like abilities altogether.

DracoDei
2013-03-31, 10:20 AM
This is too powerful to be Fortitude, change it to Will. I like how it only works in melee, that's a fairly good way to balance it. Also, spell-like abilities are neither arcane nor divine, they're never listed as such, so I would remove its effect on spell-like abilities altogether.
I wouldn't say never. Pretty sure that a Warlock's SLAs are considered Arcane, and USUALLY one can tell if a given spell is from the divine or arcane families, but yeah, the wording could use some tightening up.

themourningstar
2013-03-31, 12:54 PM
Firstly, as to my formatting.. Sorry, if it wasn't optimal, but I did actually read through several posts- and found some interesting stuff- and there didnt seem to be a "standard format". Honestly, I felt rather proud of myself.. At least mine wasnt a huge run on sentence. :D
Next, thanks for all of the feedback. I have VERY thick skin, so keep at it. :) The nerve disrupting trait was more for flavor. I assigned a flat 2000 GP price increase because it doesn't change much in actual combat. I didnt believe that it was worth a +1.
Next- Arcane Severing was based off of a "psychic severing" weapon that I found in a magazine I believe. I honestly felt it should have been a will save too, but I know the psychic version was Fortitude, so... Yeah.
Here is a few more for yall (I live in Texas, sorry) to look over. (Why isnt there a sticky for new spells, items, etc?! I s2g, thats why I joined this forum, because I thought there would be!)

Enforced Empathy
Necromancy
Level: Assassin 4, Blackguard 4, Clrc 3, Pal 4, sor/wiz 3
Components: V,S, DF
Range: touch
Target: living creature touched
Duration: 1 round/ CL
Saving throw: Will negates
Spell resistance: yes
You must succeed on a melee touch attack. If the target succeeds on a fortitude save, the spell is negated. Otherwise, anytime the target does damage (this spell only applies towards hit point damage) with a physical melee attack, such as with a longsword or a bite, it suffers negative energy damage equal to half the damage it dealt (round up).
Extra damage caused by a critical hit or by such effects as a sneak attack are applied towards the target, but extra damage from other effects, such as a flaming swords extra fire damage, are not.

Enforced Empathy, Greater
Necromancy
Level: Clrc 5, Sor/wiz 5
This spell functions like enforced empathy, except that the target suffers the full amount of damage it deals with physical melee attacks.

Enforced Empathy, Lesser
Necromancy
Level: Ass 2, Blackguard 2, Clrc 1, Pal 2, Sor/wiz 1
Duration: 1 round/ CL, or til discharged; see below.
This spell functions like enforced empathy, except that it only affects the single next successful phyical melee attack the target makes.

Arcane Sacrifice
Necromancy
Level: Sor/wiz 3
Components: V,S
Casting time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Living creature touched
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell resistance: Yes (harmless)
You sacrifice a portion of your life to aid your ally when you cast this spell. Upon casting the spell you choose to sacrifice up to 1d4 hit points per caster level (max 10d4) in order to heal your touched ally a like amount.
Any extra hit points that would put the target over its normal hit point total are wasted.

(I made a whole tree of these- Greater, Mass, Mass Greater.. Really curious what you guys think about an arcane caster healing.)

Mute
Necromancy
Level: Bard 2, Clrc 3, Sor/wiz 2
Components: V
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100ft +10ft/ CL)
Target: One living creature
Duration: Permanent (D)
Saving throw: Fortitude Negates
Spell Resistance: Yes
You call upon the powers of unlife to render the subject mute. It is unable to speak or vocalize in any way, and cannot cast spells with a verbal component, or activate magical items that require a command word.

(Too powerful? Blind seems worse.)

Fold Space
Transmutation
Level: Bard 1, Sor/wiz 1
Component: V,S
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Target: One unattended magical item that opens into a non dimensional space.
Duration: 12 hours/ CL (D)
Saving throw: None
Spell Resistance: No
You manipulate the laws of space for a single item that opens into a non dimensional space. Such items, including a bag of holding, Heward's Handy Haversack, and portable holes, can be taken into other extra or non dimensional spaces without tearing a rift to the Astral plane or destroying each other. If the spell ends while the item is within such a space, the normal consequences of two extra or non dimensional spaces entering each other occurs.

(Tell me you havent gotten frustrated with how that works!)

This is a new magic item type that I made... Im prepared for some rather harsh criticism here lol.

Spellmines
A spellmine is a small metal disk that contains a single spell of third level or lower. The spell cannot have a casting time of more than 1 standard action and must have a range of at least touch. A spellmine can only be used once; a spellmine that has been triggered is nothing but a metal disk.
Physical description: A typical spellmine is a flat steel disk with a 3 inch diameter that is around an eighth of an inch thick, and weighs one pound. Some rare spellmines are made out of other materials, such as bone, wood, or even glass, but such items are quite exotic. All spellmines have a simple design etched into their top surface; a character who spends one minute examining a spellmine can determine what spell it contains with a DC (20+ spell level) spellcraft check. A typical spellmine has an AC of 11, 5 hitpoint, hardness 10, and a break DC of 18.
Activation: To use a spellmine, a character a character must touch it to another object, or to a wall, floor, or ceiling. Applying a spellmine is a fullround action that provokes attacks of oppurtunity. Once applied a spellmine adheres to the surface of the object or the wall touched, and remains in place indefinitely.
The person who activated the spellmine may move past or touch the item it is adhered to freely, but all other creatures that come within 5 feet of the spellmine triggers it.The spell that the spellmine contained targets the creature who triggered it if the spell is one that has a target (if the spell requires a melee or ranged touch attack, the spellmine makes one against the creature who triggered it with an attack bonus of +5), or is centered upon the spellmine if the spell affects an area. The spellmine's variable effects such as damage or duration are determined by the spellmine's creator.
A spellmine's saving throw or its ability to overcome spell resistance is determined as if it were a wand.
The person activated the spellmine can deactivate it as a full round action that provokes attacks of oppurtunity. It can then later be applied elsewhere. (Note: the rogue can use the disable device skill to deactivate a spellmine as if he had applied it. The DC to find a magical trap like a spellmine is 25+ the spell level of the stored spell; the disable device DC is the same.)
Spellmines can only be used defensively. Throwing one at a creature or touching it with an item that a spellmine is attached to does not trigger the spellmine. You could, however, bullrush a person into range of a spellmine.
Price: The price of a spellmine is equal to spell level X CL X 75 GP.

I think this is one of my favorite "inventions.. It's so versatile. Let me know what yall think. I'll post more later, Im starving.

Thomar_of_Uointer
2013-03-31, 02:08 PM
Enforced Empathy
Necromancy
Level: Assassin 4, Blackguard 4, Clrc 3, Pal 4, sor/wiz 3
Components: V,S, DF
Range: touch
Target: living creature touched
Duration: 1 round/ CL
Saving throw: Will negates
You must succeed on a melee touch attack. If the target succeeds on a fortitude save, the spell is negated. Otherwise, anytime the target does damage (this spell only applies towards hit point damage) with a physical melee attack, such as with a longsword or a bite, it suffers negative energy damage equal to half the damage it dealt (round up).
Extra damage caused by a critical hit or by such effects as a sneak attack are applied towards the target, but extra damage from other effects, such as a flaming swords extra fire damage, are not.

Enforced Empathy, Greater
Necromancy
Level: Clrc 5, Sor/wiz 5
This spell functions like enforced empathy, except that the target suffers the full amount of damage it deals with physical melee attacks.

Enforced Empathy, Lesser
Necromancy
Level: Ass 2, Blackguard 2, Clrc 1, Pal 2, Sor/wiz 1
Duration: 1 round/ CL, or til discharged; see below.
This spell functions like enforced empathy, except that it only affects the single next successful phyical melee attack the target makes.

I would recommend you compare this to the psionic equivalent to see how they did the wording and covered up loopholes: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/empathicFeedback.htm

Anyways, this is actually pretty decent for the spell levels you chose. Looks good.

Arcane Sacrifice
Necromancy
Level: Sor/wiz 3
Components: V,S
Casting time: 1 standard action
Target: Living creature touched
Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
Spell resistance: Yes (harmless)
You sacrifice a portion of your life to aid your ally when you cast this spell. Upon casting the spell you choose to sacrifice up to 1d4 hit points per caster level (max 10d4) in order to heal your touched ally a like amount.
Any extra hit points that would put the target over its normal hit point total are wasted.
Decent way to do arcane healing. It could be second level, there's nothing game-breaking about it. You ought to cover loopholes like damage reduction, compare it to the psionic version: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/empathicTransfer.htm

Mute
Necromancy
Level: Bard 2, Clrc 3, Sor/wiz 2
Components: V
Range: Medium (100ft +10ft/ CL)
Target: One living creature
Duration: Permanent (D)
Saving throw: Fortitude Negates
Spell Resistance: Yes
You call upon the powers of unlife to render the subject mute. It is unable to speak or vocalize in any way, and cannot cast spells with a verbal component, or activate magical items that require a command word.

(Too powerful? Blind seems worse.)
Make it touch range and it'll be fine. Compare it to this spell: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/touchOfIdiocy.htm (touch range, no save, 10 min/level duration, potential for partial effect) and this spell: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/silence.htm (much more versatile)

Fold Space
Transmutation
Level: Bard 1, Sor/wiz 1
Component: V,S
Casting Time: 10 minutes
Target: One unattended magical item that opens into a non dimensional space.
Duration: 12 hours/ CL (D)
Spell Resistance: No
You manipulate the laws of space for a single item that opens into a non dimensional space. Such items, including a bag of holding, Heward's Handy Haversack, and portable holes, can be taken into other extra or non dimensional spaces without tearing a rift to the Astral plane or destroying each other. If the spell ends while the item is within such a space, the normal consequences of two extra or non dimensional spaces entering each other occurs.
(Tell me you havent gotten frustrated with how that works!)
Nice. Because of its utility and low level, I would give it a costly material component and upgrade it to 1 day per level. Something like 100 gp would be fine.

Spellmines
A spellmine is a small metal disk that contains a single spell of third level or lower. The spell cannot have a casting time of more than 1 standard action and must have a range of at least touch. A spellmine can only be used once; a spellmine that has been triggered is nothing but a metal disk.
Physical description: A typical spellmine is a flat steel disk with a 3 inch diameter that is around an eighth of an inch thick, and weighs one pound. Some rare spellmines are made out of other materials, such as bone, wood, or even glass, but such items are quite exotic. All spellmines have a simple design etched into their top surface; a character who spends one minute examining a spellmine can determine what spell it contains with a DC (20+ spell level) spellcraft check. A typical spellmine has an AC of 11, 5 hitpoint, hardness 10, and a break DC of 18.
Activation: To use a spellmine, a character a character must touch it to another object, or to a wall, floor, or ceiling. Applying a spellmine is a fullround action that provokes attacks of oppurtunity. Once applied a spellmine adheres to the surface of the object or the wall touched, and remains in place indefinitely.
The person who activated the spellmine may move past or touch the item it is adhered to freely, but all other creatures that come within 5 feet of the spellmine triggers it.The spell that the spellmine contained targets the creature who triggered it if the spell is one that has a target (if the spell requires a melee or ranged touch attack, the spellmine makes one against the creature who triggered it with an attack bonus of +5), or is centered upon the spellmine if the spell affects an area. The spellmine's variable effects such as damage or duration are determined by the spellmine's creator.
A spellmine's saving throw or its ability to overcome spell resistance is determined as if it were a wand.
The person activated the spellmine can deactivate it as a full round action that provokes attacks of oppurtunity. It can then later be applied elsewhere. (Note: the rogue can use the disable device skill to deactivate a spellmine as if he had applied it. The DC to find a magical trap like a spellmine is 25+ the spell level of the stored spell; the disable device DC is the same.)
Spellmines can only be used defensively. Throwing one at a creature or touching it with an item that a spellmine is attached to does not trigger the spellmine. You could, however, bullrush a person into range of a spellmine.
Price: The price of a spellmine is equal to spell level X CL X 75 GP.

I think this is one of my favorite "inventions.. It's so versatile. Let me know what yall think. I'll post more later, Im starving.

I like it. Cost is fine... but only if it's used as a trap (see below). The DC to detect it is too high for an item that can be applied in a single round. Compare it to snare and fire trap, which have long casting times. I would make it take at least three rounds to apply, to limit abuse in the middle of combat.

Yitzi
2013-03-31, 03:31 PM
Ok...
-Enforced Empathy and its variants probably should have the damage per attack capped based on caster level. Also, I believe there are certain classes that let you be healed by negative energy, so combining this spell with those abilities could make for a fairly nasty combo.
-Arcane sacrifice looks good, just watch out for loopholes.
-Mute should probably be higher-level due to often being more useful than Silence. Also, as Thomar said, lower range is probably good.
-Fold Space removes the only real bound on encumbrance for high-level parties; I would be extremely wary. (Important principle: Don't give ways to bypass rules unless you know exactly why those rules were instituted in the first place.)
-I'd agree with Thomar about spellmines, though there is precedent for quick-casting spells (Spike Growth, Spike Stones, and Wall of Thorns.) Still, that's no reason to add more.

themourningstar
2013-03-31, 03:38 PM
Ugh, dang psionics. Still, I like the wording of their empathy power- how it explained the damage reduction and such. Now, Mute, I based it off of Blind, which seems much more powerful.All of your other points were valid though, especially about the enhanced setup time for spellmines. The poor ultimate magus that designed them never got to use them sadly. :c I know one thing I planned to do with them though... Cure wounds spells. Set one up out side the room, then when you get whacked.. Ruuuuuun lol.

Annnnd some more.

Flame Wisp
Evocation [Fire]
Level: Sor/wiz1
Component:V
Range: Medium (100ft + 10ft/ CL)
Effect: a single floating ball of fire
Duration: 10 minutes/ CL or until discharged; see below
You create a globe of fire that floats in the air and illuminates the area around it as a torch. The globe moves as you desire (no concentration required).; forward or back, up or down, straight or turning corners, or the like. The globe can move up to 100ft per round. If the distance between you and it ever excedes the spell's range, it winks out.
At anytime after the spell is cast you can direct it (a move action) to strike a single target; doing so requires a successful ranged touch attack. It does 1d4 points of fire damage per CL to the target (5d4 max). It can target any creature within the range of the spell, but after the attack roll is made for it (hit or miss) the spell ends.
This spell does not function underwater.

(I got the basic idea for the flame globe from one of Margaret Weis books. Deathgate I think?)

Aligned Abilities (General)
Prerequisite: Character level 1st
Benefit: When you take this feat, choose one of your mental ability scores (intelligence, wisdom, or charisma). All spells (but not spell like abilities) that you can cast from any class use that ability score for all of the spell's variables. This includes sspell DC's, bonus spells per day, and whether you can cast spells of a given level). The original score used for a given spell has no affect on it.

(aligned abilities.. Nice for a mystic theurge, ultimate magus, etc)

Firewasp
Evocation [Fire]
Level: Sor/wiz 5
Range: medium (100ft + 10ft/CL)
Target: Up to 10 creatures, no two of which can be more than 30 feet apart.
Saving throw: None and reflex negates
A swarm of four fiery red missles streak forth from your fingertips and strike your foes, each dealing 2d6 points of fire damage plus 1 point of fire damage per 4 CL. A creature that takes damage from this spell must make a reflex save to avoid catching on fire.
The missles strike unerringly, even if the target is in melee or has less than total cover or toal concealment. Specific parts of a creature cannot be singled out.
For every 3 CL beyond 9th, you gain an additional two missles- 6 at 12th level, 8 at 15th, and a maximum of ten missles at 18th level. You can have the missles strike a single target, or several creatures. You must choose your targets before you roll for damage or check spell resitance.

(I think I got firewasp from a book. Maybe the Drow of the Underdark? Not sure. Basically just a higher level magic missle.)

Cidolfas
2013-03-31, 11:16 PM
I've only looked through the first couple so far, but here goes:

Spite: I generally agree with the other responders on this one. I think it would be pretty easy (and perhaps a better solution) to just crunch down the level some rather than buff the spell itself. That makes it available at more levels of the game, which is a good thing. It's generally comparable to unliving weapon, just useable on more things. UW is a 3 or so if I recall correctly, so that seems a good place to start.

I would also suggest reducing the casting time. Like, by a lot. To a standard action or so. That greatly increases the versatility it has, and the spell keeps itself limited by the fact that the target has to die for the effect to trigger, so that could be done without even bumping the level from the previous suggestion of 3.

Grudge: I actually think this one is generally OK as a buff, given that it is situationally appropriate for characters who would already be getting involved in melee. I would hardly say it's overpowered given that there are other spells that give you less situational bonuses (divine favor, for example) at level 1. It's a nice boost to party members who may otherwise be maligned, and I see no problem with that.

Edit: I should revise that the scaling up to +12 does bad things for the RNG. For a level 1, a flat +2 is nice, and is still a good bonus at any level without having to be increased. Someone already said that, but I want to echo it.

Vulnerability: This spell is OK, although it's admittedly probably the one of the three I like the least. I feel like you could have an enhanced effect, like maximized damage, when used on an already-vulnerable creature. It seems like not having it affect them takes away a nice option.

Mute: I think you could get away with this spell being level 1. Blindness/deafness is generally more debilitating and is also a 2, as is zone of silence (which essentially does what mute does, but in an AoE). Whether or not the AoE makes it more or less useful is up for debate, since earlier posters suggested it was moreso, but I think the single-target effect is more comparable to a 1 than a 2 at the moment. I'm also having trouble justifying Necromancy as the spell school here; it didn't work with blindness/deafness either, and I think Transmutation may be a better choice.

Spellmines: I don't see any issue with these, given the action expenditure of having to place them and such. This is essentially zone control and/or a trap, and while that has its uses I don't see it being particularly troublesome for the game. To be fair, part of me thinks this should just be a spellcasting feat that lets you inscribe spells into a solid surface or something, but this is OK. Kudos.