PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Warlock [PF] [PEACH]

NikitaDarkstar
2013-04-07, 02:08 AM
I've wanted to play a warlock in Pathfinder for a while, but quite frankly, the only (3rd) party option I've found is, perhaps not bad, but lacking the feel I want. So I decided to try to make one myself.

I wanted to keep the mechanics from the 3.5 Warlock and the general feel of it, but at the same time buff it up (the 3.5 warlock was always a bit weak), and make it Pathfinder friendly. I buffed up the Eldritch Blast base damage significantly since I've always felt it's damage output didn't scale well and generally left the warlocks as 3rd wheel pretty fast. I gave them a few more incantations, adding up to a total of 16 at lvl 20 instead of 12. And I gave them access to the Sorcerers Bloodlines for a bit more variety (and because the classes always seemed somewhat related fluff wise), and I rearranged some things to avoid dead levels.

So how about some feedback? I'm more than willing to listen since this is my very first attempt at homebrewing anything.

Pathfinder Warlock

Abilities: Charisma, Dexterity, and Constitution
Alignment: Any chaotic or evil.
Hit Die: d8s.

Skills
Acrobatics, Bluff, Craft (any), Disguise, Fly, Intimidate, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (planes), Knowledge (religion), Linguistics, Perception, Profession (any), Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Use Magic Device
Warlocks gain 4 + Intelligence modifier in skills each level.

Game Statistics (lvl 1-20)
BAB :+0,+1,+2,+3,+3,+4,+5,+6,+6,+7,+8,+9,+9,+10,+11,+1 2 ,+12,+13,+14,+15
Fort:+0,+0,+1,+1,+1,+2,+2,+2,+3,+3,+3,+4,+4,+4,+5, +5,+5 ,+6,+6,+6
Ref :+0,+0,+1,+1,+1,+2,+2,+2,+3,+3,+3,+4,+4,+4,+5,+5,+ 5 ,+6,+6,+6
Will:+2,+3,+3,+4,+4,+5,+5,+6,+6,+7,+7,+8,+8,+9,+9, +10,+ 10,+11,+11,+12

Level Breakdown
1st Level: Eldritch Blast 1d6, Bloodline Power
2nd Level: Detect Magic, DR 1/ Lawful or Chaotic
3rd Level: Eldritch Blast +1d6, Bloodline Power, Bloodline Spell
4th Level: Deceive Item
5th Level: Eldritch Blast +1d6, Bloodline Spell
6th Level: DR 2/Lawful or Chaotic
7th Level: Eldritch Blast +1d6, Bloodline Feat, Bloodline Spell
8th Level: +1 Eldritch Blast
9th Level: Eldritch Blast +1d6, Bloodline Power, Bloodline Spell
10th Level: DR 3/Lawful or Chaotic, Energy Resistance 5
11th Level: Eldritch blast +1d6, Bloodline Spell
12th Level: Imbue Item
13th Level: Eldritch Blast +1d6, Bloodline feat, Bloodline Spell
14th Level: DR 4/Lawful or Chaotic
15th Level: Eldritch Blast +1d6, +1 Eldritch Blast, Bloodline power, bloodline spell
16th Level: Energy Resistance 10
17th Level: Eldritch Blast +1d6, Bloodline Spell
18th Level: DR 5/Lawful or Chaotic
19th Level: Eldritch Blast +1d6, Bloodline feat, Bloodline spell
20th Level: energy Resistance 15, Bloodline Spell

Invocations Breakdown By level
1st Level: Least 1
2nd Level: Least 2
3rd Level: Least 3
4th Level: Least 3
5th Level: Least 4
6th Level: Least 4, Lesser 1
7th Level: Least 4, Lesser 2
8th Level: Least 4, Lesser 3
9th Level: Least 4, Lesser 3
10th Level: Least 4, Lesser 4
11th Level: Least 4, Lesser 4, Greater 1
12th Level: Least 4, Lesser 4, Greater 2
13th Level: Least 4, Lesser 4, Greater 3
14th Level: Least 4, Lesser 4, Greater 3
15th Level: Least 4, Lesser 4, Greater 4
16th Level: Least 4, Lesser 4, Greater 4, Dark 1
17th Level: Least 4, Lesser 4, Greater 4, Dark 2
18th Level: Least 4, Lesser 4, Greater 4, Dark 3
19th Level: Least 4, Lesser 4, Greater 4, Dark 3
20th Level: Least 4, Lesser 4, Greater 4, Dark 4

TOTAL: 16 Invocations

Warlocks and meta-magic feats:
All metamagic feats can be applied to the warlocks spell-like abilities, but works as noted. A metamagic feat that would normally increase the spell level by 1 will instead cause a delay where that metamagic feat can't be used again for 1d4 rounds. A feat that would increase the spell level by 2 will cause a delay for 2d4 rounds and so on. A metamagic feat that doesn't raise the spell level causes a flat 1 round delay before it can be used again.
Metamagic feats works with invocations, except as noted. Metamagic feats that increases the range of the ability can not be combined with an invocation that modifies the range. A Metamagic feat that multiples the targets or changes the way the ability targets (from single target to area of effect or chaining) can not be combined with an invocation that does the same thing.The Warlock may not stack metamagic feats. Warlocks must also take more time to cast metamagiced abilities the same way spontaneous casters do.

Ability Descriptions

Bloodlines: Warlocks gain Bloodlines as Sorcerers except as noted below.

Bloodline spells work as Spell-like abilities that the Warlock can cast a number of times per day Equal to his Charisma modifier -2 (But at least once a day).

Bloodline Arcana: A Warlock may exchange the Bloodline Arcana for a Least Invocation or any
feat he meets the pre-requirements for.

If a warlock multi-classes into sorcerer his warlock level stacks with his
sorcerer levels to determine his bloodline powers. He may not take another bloodline, he may however replace his current bloodline with a new one.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Warlocks are proficient with all simple
weapons, all light martial weapons, all light one-handed weapons and light
armor (but not with shields). Because the somatic components required for warlock invocations are relatively simple, a warlock can use any of his invocations while wearing light armor without incurring the normal arcane spell failure chance.

Invocations: Invocations may be chosen from any official 3.5 source.
While a Warlock may target the same enemy with multiple identical effects in the same round the effect doesn't stack. The target must however pass all saves for that attack. For example: If a level 12 warlock attacks with two Hellbrime blasts in the same round. Assuming the warlock hits the target must past two Fortitude saves to avoid -2 penalty to it's Dexterity. It makes no difference if the target fails one or both saves, te penalty from that rounds attacks doesn't increase.
Invocations that modify the Eldritch Blast can be used with Spell-like abilities gained from Bloodlines.

Eldritch Blast (Sp): A conjured blast of raw magical energy. This is resolved
as a ranged touch attack with a range of 60 feet (though the range can be increased with the use of Eldritch Essence Invocations). After 60 feet, the
energy just fizzles, there is no increment.The warlock gains an additional
1d6 damage to his Eldritch Blast every other level, and gains an additional
use of his Eldritch blast per round when his Base Attack Bonus allows him an
additional attack per round. Using more than one Eldritch Blast per round is
considered a full-round action, and while incantations can be used to modify
each blast, meta-magic feats can not, however when a warlock gains his 3rd Eldritch blast he can choose to sacrifice one to be able to use one metamagic feat on the remaining two, both blast must use the same metamagic feat.

Detect Magic (Sp): At 2nd level, the warlock gains the use of Detect Magic as a spell-like ability at will.

Damage Reduction (Su): Starting at 2nd level (and every 4 levels thereafter), the warlock gains damage reduction +1 and can choose between DR/Lawful or DR/Good. This choice is permanent.

Deceive Item (Ex): At 4th level, the warlock can take 10 on Use Magic Device checks, even if distracted.

Energy Resistance (Su): At 10th level, the warlock gains energy resistance 5 in two of the following energy types: Acid, cold, electricity, fire, force or sonic. At 16th level, the warlock either gains resistance 10 against the same two energy types, or he may choose two new energy types from the same list to gain resistance 5. At 20th level the warlock gains Energy Resistance 15, or can add +5 to two of his current resistances, or gain Energy Resistance 5 in the last two energy types.

Imbue Item (Su): At 12th level, the warlock can create magical items
substituting a Use Magic Device check for the spell cast. See page 8 in the Complete Arcane for full details.

eftexar
2013-04-07, 02:45 AM
Here's the code, with everything completed for you, for a table:

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special |
Bloodline Spells

1st|+0|+0|+0|+2|Eldritch Blast, Bloodline Power|
+0

2nd|+1|+0|+0|+3|Detect magic, DR 1/cold iron|
+0

3rd|+2|+1|+1|+3|Bloodlines Power|
+1

4th|+3|+1|+1|+4|Deceive Item|
+1

5th|+3|+1|+1|+4||
+2

6th|+4|+2|+2|+5|DR 2/cold iron|
+2

7th|+5|+2|+2|+5|Bloodline Feat|
+3

8th|+6/+1|+2|+2|+6|Fiendish Resilience 1|
+3

9th|+6/+1|+3|+3|+6|Bloodlines Power|
+4

10th|+7/+2|+3|+3|+7|Energy Resistance 5, DR 3/cold iron|
+4

11th|+8/+3|+3|+3|+7||
+5

12th|+9/+4|+4|+4|+8|Imbue Item, Fiendish Resilience 2|
+5

13th|+9/+4|+4|+4|+8|Bloodline Feat|
+6

14th|+10/+5|+4|+4|+9|DR 4/cold iron|
+6

15th|+11/+6/+1|+5|+5|+9|Bloodlines Power|
+7

16th|+12/+7/+2|+5|+5|+10|Fiendish Resilience 5|
+7

17th|+12/+7/+2|+5|+5|+10||
+8

18th|+13/+8/+3|+6|+6|+11|DR 5/cold iron|
+8

19th|+14/+9/+4|+6|+6|+11|Bloodline Feat|
+9

20th|+15/+10/+5|+6|+6|+12|Energy Resistance 10|
+10

[/table]

And I would suggest just saying that Eldritch blast deals 1d6 damage per Warlock level in the ability's description, rather than listing it at every single level.

But for further classes this (http://pifro.com/dnd/NEW/) is helpful.

LordErebus12
2013-04-07, 03:23 AM
And I would suggest just saying that Eldritch blast deals 1d6 damage per Warlock level in the ability's description, rather than listing it at every single level.

But for further classes this (http://pifro.com/dnd/NEW/) is helpful.

Id agree, 1d6 per level is far too much for a ranged touch attack each round...

eftexar
2013-04-07, 03:32 AM
Actually I had meant it felt unnecessary to list out the damage every level, but come to think of it 20d6 is a bit much. On the other hand 9d6 sucked.

I'd say 15d6 damage by level 20 might be the way to go. 15d6 is still quite a bit for a touch attack, but Eldritch Blast is it's main feature and that puts it in line with many 4th level spells which is where evocation actually becomes useful.

LordErebus12
2013-04-07, 03:35 AM
Actually I had meant it felt unnecessary to list out the damage every level, but come to think of it 20d6 is a bit much. On the other hand 9d6 sucked.

I'd say 15d6 damage by level 20 might be the way to go. 15d6 is still quite a bit for a touch attack, but Eldritch Blast is it's main feature and that puts it in line with many 4th level spells which is where evocation actually becomes useful.

10d6 is more than enough... up the stupid spell level with levels... its a first level spell-like effect if im not mistaken.

NikitaDarkstar
2013-04-07, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the code.

And after bouncing this around some with a friend I'm actually considering just making Eldricht Blast a ranged attack (instead of ranged touch), limiting it to 10d6 per blast, but let them pick up more blasts per round as their BAB goes up. I'd drop the Fiendish Resistance and Fast healing for that too (resistances can easily be picked up through bloodlines and the fast healing never was much to cheer for).

I'm also considering limiting the amount of metamagics a warlock can use per day. Say either 1/2 warlock level + charisma mod per day or warlock level + charisma mod per day. And make the power of the feat count towards the uses (if it normally boosts a spell by 1 spell level it counts towards one use per day, 2 levels would be 2 uses per day).

It'd still put warlocks pretty up there damage wise, but it'd mean they have to have decent DEX (something they can more or less ignore right now), but not absurdly up there (by comparison, think of the amount of damage a rogue can put out a round with sneak attacks. It's not a perfect comparison, but not to off either, and the rogue isn't one of the major powerhouse classes).

I'm also considering changing the DR to DR/Lawful instead of Cold Iron considering that DR can basically be brute-forced in Pathfinder just by having a weapon that has enough +'s on it.

eftexar
2013-04-07, 02:25 PM
I think 10d6 with up to 3 blasts might still be a bit much with touch attacks. You have to keep in mind that Eldrtich Blast has an attack roll and so can be multiplied on a critical hit.

I would suggest just capping one blast at 10d6 and allow a character's charisma modifier to be added to damage. It's easy to scale and keeps the damage in line with evocation.

But I wouldn't compare to the Rogue's Sneak Attack damage. My last DM limited it to the first strike in any attack because it was so high (but then he threw so many undead and constructs at us it I was useless anyways).

Saidoro
2013-04-07, 02:57 PM
The current damage is fine. Sorcerers can already throw around blasts just as big or bigger more times per day than they really need and theirs hit multiple targets, add extra damage per die and can be used with dazing or quicken spell. It might be excessive for extremely low-op groups but that's about it.

NikitaDarkstar
2013-04-07, 03:21 PM
I think 10d6 with up to 3 blasts might still be a bit much with touch attacks. You have to keep in mind that Eldrtich Blast has an attack roll and so can be multiplied on a critical hit.

I would suggest just capping one blast at 10d6 and allow a character's charisma modifier to be added to damage. It's easy to scale and keeps the damage in line with evocation.

But I wouldn't compare to the Rogue's Sneak Attack damage. My last DM limited it to the first strike in any attack because it was so high (but then he threw so many undead and constructs at us it I was useless anyways).

But 10d6 per round is pretty weak, has always been, it's one of the main complaints with the class. And while I like the thought of adding the charisma mod to the damage output it won't do all that much on a single attack. It's when you have multiple attacks that starts to actually be noticeable.

And while I might not disagree with your last DM's line of thought it's still a house-rule nerf, I'm trying to compare it to the classes as written.

The touch attack is something I'm torn on. On one hand touch attacks are basically guaranteed to hit most enemies as long as you don't have a negative DEX modifier (which is why spells use them). On the other hand a regular ranged attacked might balance it more, but the warlock would be stuck relying only on his DEX since he doesn't use weapons etc. to use his Eldricht Blast, which means he can't gain enchantment bonuses to help him actually hit things.

And the more I think about it the more I like the thought of giving them multiple (weaker) Blasts. In part because they're not absolutely guaranteed to hit, and it gives them the option of attacking multiple targets at once. And by the point were they'd get their 2nd blast Spell Resistances and such are starting to come into play more. I'll do some more tweaking in a bit.

Erik Vale
2013-04-07, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the code.

And after bouncing this around some with a friend I'm actually considering just making Eldricht Blast a ranged attack (instead of ranged touch), limiting it to 10d6 per blast, but let them pick up more blasts per round as their BAB goes up. I'd drop the Fiendish Resistance and Fast healing for that too (resistances can easily be picked up through bloodlines and the fast healing never was much to cheer for).

I'm also considering limiting the amount of metamagics a warlock can use per day. Say either 1/2 warlock level + charisma mod per day or warlock level + charisma mod per day. And make the power of the feat count towards the uses (if it normally boosts a spell by 1 spell level it counts towards one use per day, 2 levels would be 2 uses per day).

It'd still put warlocks pretty up there damage wise, but it'd mean they have to have decent DEX (something they can more or less ignore right now), but not absurdly up there (by comparison, think of the amount of damage a rogue can put out a round with sneak attacks. It's not a perfect comparison, but not to off either, and the rogue isn't one of the major powerhouse classes).

I'm also considering changing the DR to DR/Lawful instead of Cold Iron considering that DR can basically be brute-forced in Pathfinder just by having a weapon that has enough +'s on it.

For Eldritch Blast: Insert a way to perform multiple blasts. Please.
Actually, 20d6 pretty much covers it for matching damage of other classes and staying useful I think, others I know only let it get up to 30d6 through repeats and always with BAB drops. [Only reason I don't ask this for invocations is the existance of bloodline arcarna] Also, I don't think there are any pathfinder non-homebrew invocations from which to choose, so you need to make a list or state it uses 3.5 invocations.
For Metamagic: Something I've seen from feats is to instead have the warlock be unable to use the affected invocation/blast for a number of rounds = to the increase in spell level. Prevents spamming maximised eldritch blast.
For DR: Perhaps Good would be better, Warlocks are trading their soul [normally a evil act], but are being held by pacts or not, meaning they could well be lawful or chaotic, but good is harder to get unless it's inherited or they work towards it. Or you could make a list based on bloodlines, which would make more sense than a defualt.

It's better than the pathfinder warlock, but there is a different homebrew I'd use [Can link if you'd like].

Deviston
2013-04-07, 04:15 PM
Here is a accepted PF Warlock that may suit your fancy.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13812182

Edit: I bring this to your attention because it is stronger than your class and generally considered balanced.

NikitaDarkstar
2013-04-07, 04:27 PM
For Eldritch Blast: Insert a way to perform multiple blasts. Please.
Actually, 20d6 pretty much covers it for matching damage of other classes and staying useful I think, others I know only let it get up to 30d6 through repeats and always with BAB drops. [Only reason I don't ask this for invocations is the existance of bloodline arcarna] Also, I don't think there are any pathfinder non-homebrew invocations from which to choose, so you need to make a list or state it uses 3.5 invocations.
For Metamagic: Something I've seen from feats is to instead have the warlock be unable to use the affected invocation/blast for a number of rounds = to the increase in spell level. Prevents spamming maximised eldritch blast.
For DR: Perhaps Good would be better, Warlocks are trading their soul [normally a evil act], but are being held by pacts or not, meaning they could well be lawful or chaotic, but good is harder to get unless it's inherited or they work towards it. Or you could make a list based on bloodlines, which would make more sense than a defualt.

It's better than the pathfinder warlock, but there is a different homebrew I'd use [Can link if you'd like].

There is a note that is uses 3,5 invocations, but I might need to highlight it better "Invocations: Invocations may be chosen from any official 3.5 source."

I like your thought for metamagics, it sounds like it'd do what I actually want it to do far better than my initial idea on how to limit them, thanks!

The DR. The DR/lawful is basically has hard to overcome in PF as DR/Good, all alignment based DR can be overcome with any +5 weapon or a weapon with the right properties. And I've always felt that forcing a Good/Evil alignment is more limiting (and comes with more assumptions and stereotypes) than limiting the lawful/chaotic axis. That's why I made the choice I did in this, to make it less odd to play say a Chaotic/Good warlock. Especially since there is (official) precedent for them to draw their powers from other sources, such as a fae heritage. But I could make it a choice, you get DR/lawful OR DR/good.

Logic
2013-04-07, 04:41 PM
9d6 or 10d6 may not be enough, and 20d6 seems a bit much. So, how about it advances every level except the levels divisible by 4? (4th, 8th, 12th, 16th, 20th)

You get 15d6 by 19th level, and while it isn't earth shattering, it isn't piddily either.

Deviston
2013-04-07, 05:09 PM
IMO 10d6 an unlimited times per day if perfectly fine. The arguement saying "well the X (wizard sorcerer cleric w/e) can do more than that ENOUGH times per day" doesn't factor into the balance of the warlock. The warlock is built around more than the "standard amount" of encounters. When everyone else is tapped out the warlock strides forward with his "UNLIMITED! POWEEEEER!" to quote a famous senator.

If the DM is running the campaign by the books and the ever so boring standard model, the warlock won't shine much. Additionally, the warlock also fills a "little bit of everything" nich. Which, in my honest opinion, is what makes him good. Then again... I'm used to 3-4 man groups, in such cases versatility and nigh upon unlimited resources are king.

eftexar
2013-04-07, 05:56 PM
Keep in mind Deviston how much melee does (at will).

With minimal optimization in a mundane I have this:
1d8 weapon + 8 strength + 4 feats +5 weapon +6 misc = avg 27.5
With two attacks probably hitting most foes I can deal 55 damage. And if I get lucky I might hit a third time dealing a total of 82 damage.

While Eldritch Blast usually does this piddly amount:
10d6 = avg 35

This is the problem with Eldritch Blast. It's not that spellcaster's do better, but that melee does better and can actually hit more opponents earlier than Eldritch Blast can. And worst of all melee has options such as trip, disarm, etc while Eldritch Blast has to earn almost all of it's options through leveling.

Why I had pointed out Evocation is that 4th-5th level spells at 15d6 meet a closer amount, to melee, at 52 damage. This damage averages about the same as melee, usually without any chance of a critical hit. I'm not just comparing to spellcasters, but to the whole picture and where the Warlock stands in it.

NikitaDarkstar
2013-04-07, 08:06 PM
UPDATE!

I changed the Eldritch blast, and metamagics. Changed the DR to Lawful or Good (players choice), ditched the Fast Healing (it was never that amazing anyway). And ran into a problem. Level 16 turned out to be completely dead. As a patch I updated the Energy Resistance because I couldn't think of any ability to put there instead (ability that doesn't get better over levels anyway), but now the Energy progression seems a bit wonky. Is this a major worry that absolutely, positively needs to be fixed or is it okay as is?

Also, hopefully I cleaned up the wording to be clearer and fixed some typos (somewhere along the line yesterday I started typing "incantations" instead of "invocations", oups).

Grod_The_Giant
2013-04-07, 08:10 PM
10d6 is pretty sad. 10d6 is an average of 35 damage. A standard melee attack at 20th level will do far more than that, and be almost as likely to hit.

NikitaDarkstar
2013-04-07, 08:14 PM
10d6 is pretty sad. 10d6 is an average of 35 damage. A standard melee attack at 20th level will do far more than that, and be almost as likely to hit.

Well it is 10d6*3 now if it makes a difference.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-04-07, 08:19 PM
Yeah, I like that a lot more-- I've used it in my own fix. It's much more comparable to the kind of damage output mundanes can do. It needs a bit about how it interacts with save-or-penalty essences, though.

NikitaDarkstar
2013-04-07, 08:32 PM
Yeah, I like that a lot more-- I've used it in my own fix. It's much more comparable to the kind of damage output mundanes can do. It needs a bit about how it interacts with save-or-penalty essences, though.

Mind expanding on that a bit more? I might be tired (very likely), but I can't remember anything from the top of my head that would really change?

Grod_The_Giant
2013-04-07, 08:35 PM
Mind expanding on that a bit more? I might be tired (very likely), but I can't remember anything from the top of my head that would really change?
Not so much a change, but it's worth thinking about what happens if you full attack a single creature and hit it with three, say, hellrime blasts or utterdark blasts. Three saves in one round might be a bit much. I'd recommend a line about a creature only being able to be affected by an Essence once per round or something.

NikitaDarkstar
2013-04-07, 08:39 PM
Not so much a change, but it's worth thinking about what happens if you full attack a single creature and hit it with three, say, hellrime blasts or utterdark blasts. Three saves in one round might be a bit much. I'd recommend a line about a creature only being able to be affected by an Essence once per round or something.

Perhaps, but on the other hand if you want to blast someone with three attacks like that in one round it only seems fair that the target has to pass three saves. But a line mentioning that the effects don't stack seems like a good idea.

EDIT. Take a look under the "invocations" line and tell me if that's any better.

Deviston
2013-04-08, 05:54 AM
@eftexar
I'd like to point out the major concern here. MELEE. Yes they might hit 3 times a round for Xdmg, but the warlock hits on touch AC and has a slew of effects to go with it, AND is doing it from up to 250 feet away. With specs like that (and any caster with a long range spell really) we shouldn't see the melee guy get INTO melee until there isn't much in the way of damage to deal anymore.
But once again, this is standard D&D versus my DM, who uses logic that the books don't build for. Every "melee" in our group learned quick fast and in a hurry to pick up a bow/social skills or he will be bored in between his sword chopping.

The numbers favor the melee. In practical use however, I would vote on the warlock at 10d6 every day of the week.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-04-08, 07:20 AM
My last campaign ran from levels 10-14. 1d6/level effects felt pretty weak by about 12.

Deviston
2013-04-08, 07:28 AM
From my standpoint, just about every melee feels pretty weak from roughly levels 1-20 or so.

The game isn't just about combat. Yes some classes may be better or worse at combat, but that's ok. Because there are a hundred million other challenges that don't require dealing deepees.

ngilop
2013-04-08, 01:22 PM
I like this version of a warlock, it definately fits with the whole 'power gained via ancestry' theme the warlock had in its fluff not so much in its mechanics though.. your addition of bloodlines though helps out a lot

and I have the perfect solution for upping the warlock;s eldritch blast damage and filling in your 'dead' level 16

give them an ability as a full round action to fire off eldritch blasts as itinerative attacks

so at level 20 they will be doing 3 attacks in a full round attack action and dealing 10d6 blah blah average damage would be anywhere from 75 to 112, not too shabby really I think

also you need a capstone since this is pathfidner might i suggest letting them switch out a number of invocations per day equal to X stats modifer. that will give them a bit more versatility and well as maybe some unexpcted power.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-04-08, 01:32 PM
and I have the perfect solution for upping the warlock;s eldritch blast damage and filling in your 'dead' level 16

give them an ability as a full round action to fire off eldritch blasts as itinerative attacks

Huh, now why does that sound familiar...

The warlock gains an additional
1d6 damage to his Eldritch Blast every other level, and gains an additional
use of his Eldritch blast per round when his Base Attack Bonus allows him an
additional attack per round.

ngilop
2013-04-08, 02:09 PM
sorry teh last update i read was last night post #16 to be exact... i just skimmed over the other posts and didn;lt see any other suggestionf for level 16 nor for a capstone.