PDA

View Full Version : Eldritch Stalker, 3.5 PrC PEACH

ironwizard
2013-04-08, 01:32 AM
Despite much searching, I could not find a valid Rouge/Warlock gish PrC, so here's my attempt at writing one. So I present...

The Eldritch Stalker

Hit Die: d6

Requirements:
Sneak Attack or Sudden Strike: +2d6
Eldritch Blast: 2d6
Feats: Eldritch Sniper*
Class Features: Evasion

The Eldritch Stalker
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special |
Spellcasting

1st|+0|+0|+2|+2|Precision Damage +1d6, Extradimensional Evasion|
+1 of Existing Invocation Using Class

2nd|+1|+0|+3|+3|Eldritch Blast +1d6|

3rd|+2|+1|+3|+3|Precision Damage +2d6, Eldritch Ricochet|

4th|+3|+1|+4|+4|Eldritch Blast +2d6|

5th|+3|+1|+4|+4|Precision Damage +3d6, Eldritch Sniper (1/2 Max Range)|

6th|+4|+2|+5|+5|Eldritch Blast +3d6|

7th|+5|+2|+5|+5|Precision Damage +4d6, Rogue Ability|

8th|+6|+2|+6|+6|Eldritch Blast +4d6|

9th|+6|+3|+6|+6|Precision Damage +5d6, Eldritch Sniper (Max Range)|

10th|+7|+3|+7|+7|Eldritch Blast +5d6, Precision Mastery|

[/table]
Alignment: Any
Hit Die: d6

Class Skills:
Concentration, Disable Device, Escape Artist, Hide, Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (Religion), Knowledge (the Planes), Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sleight of Hand, Spellcraft, Spot, Tumble, Use Magic Device
Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier

Class Features:
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Eldritch Stalkers gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.
Spellcasting: At each new level, and Eldritch Stalker gains new invocations as if he had gained a level of his existing invocation-using class. He does not gain any other benefits from that class, such as improved Eldritch Blast or Class Features however.
Extradimensional Evasion (Su): Eldritch Stalkers have learned to augment their sneaky abilities with their dark power. They have learned to create an extradimensional pocket for brief durations to escape harm. This ability functions as the Rogue Class feature Evasion, except that it the Eldritch Stalker may use it even while prone, helpless, or while wearing any sort of armor. It does not function however under any circumstances that would negate magic, such as an Anti-Magic Field. This ability replaces Evasion for any characters that have it. If the character should later get Improved Evasion, treat it as having Improved Extradimensional Evasion instead.
Precision Damage: At each Odd level, your Sneak Attack or Sudden Strike damage improves by 1d6. If you had multiple forms of precision damage before gaining a level in this Prestige Class, then you must choose which ability to receive the progression at 1st level, and may not change your mind later.
Eldritch Blast: At each even level, your Eldritch Blast Damage improves by 1d6. This replaces (doesn't stack with) any improvement from increased effective Warlock levels gained through this Prestige Class (though improved damage gained from other sources stacks normally).
Eldritch Ricochet: Blast Shape Invocation, Lesser, 3rd: Your Eldritch Blast bounces off of floors, walls, and/or the ceiling to hit an opponent from behind. You may treat targets engaged in melee as flanked for purposes of triggering Precision Damage. This invocation is in addition to the invocations already known, but may not be traded out for another invocation at a later time.
Eldritch Sniper: Your aim has improved. You may now trigger Precision damage at half your maximum range with Eldritch Blast (including range bonuses from invocations and other sources). At 9th level this improves to maximum range.
Rouge Ability: At 7th level, you gain one of the Rogue Special Abilities as the Rogue class feature.
Precision Mastery: Invocation, Greater, 6th, Choose a type of foe that is normally immune to precision damage such as constructs or elementals. While this invocation is active, you may deal precision damage to them as if they weren't immune. You may only have one instance of this invocation active at a time. Duration: 24 hours. This invocation is in addition to the invocations already known, but may not be traded out for another invocation at a later time. You must have 10 ranks in the relevant Knowledge Skill to use this ability (Arcana for Constructs, Religion for Undead, Planes for Elementals, Nature for Plants)

*Eldritch Sniper: As Crossbow Sniper from PHB II, but for Rays instead. Prerequisites: Weapon Focus (Rays), BaB: +1

Erik Vale
2013-04-08, 02:56 AM
Given that half range for eldritch blast is 30ft, lvl 5 doesn't give any bonuses besides advancing both classes, unless you include letting eldritch spear work up to 125ft, which then beggers the question why it doesn't work for eldritch blast at max range. Perhaps instead give them snipers shot (http://dndtools.eu/spells/complete-adventurer--54/snipers-shot--383/) as a invocation, possibly with a longer duration or with it becoming a 24 hour invocation later.

And over a second read, that becomes my only statement. Good job, it's something I would like to use, as rouge/warlock is an idea I've been trying to kick around.

ironwizard
2013-04-08, 09:42 AM
Given that half range for eldritch blast is 30ft, lvl 5 doesn't give any bonuses besides advancing both classes, unless you include letting eldritch spear work up to 125ft, which then beggers the question why it doesn't work for eldritch blast at max range.
</snip>

It does, at level 10. And yes, the intention was to work with Eldritch Spear.

And over a second read, that becomes my only statement. Good job, it's something I would like to use, as rouge/warlock is an idea I've been trying to kick around.

Thanks!

Sgt. Cookie
2013-04-08, 10:03 AM
I haven't read the class yet, but you don't need to add EB increase as part of the class, advancing Warlock levels automaticaly advances EB, as per page 18 of CArc. If the intent was to grant an extra 10 EB dice, though, that's far from OP.

ironwizard
2013-04-08, 10:21 AM
The EB progression on the table replaces that of the effective Warlock levels gained. The reason for this is that EB progression in the warlock class is not a simple +1d6/2lvls formula, so this PrC normalizes it a bit.

I'll edit the OP to make that clear.

Kane0
2013-04-08, 05:46 PM
The d6s! They are everywhere!

Good job though, I may try it next time I get the chance.

Erik Vale
2013-04-13, 07:19 PM
[Taking another look as I look to play a game]

The crossbow sniper feat grants maximum sneak attack range of up to 60ft and is a prerequisite. This makes the class feature Eldritch Sniper useless for everything except eldritch spear. I'm not sure how intentional it is [as you said half range was intentional for normal sneak attack] so I want to check.

ironwizard
2013-04-14, 12:35 AM
[Taking another look as I look to play a game]

The crossbow sniper feat grants maximum sneak attack range of up to 60ft and is a prerequisite. This makes the class feature Eldritch Sniper useless for everything except eldritch spear. I'm not sure how intentional it is [as you said half range was intentional for normal sneak attack] so I want to check.

Yes, is is intentional. Eldritch Sniper is intended to make Eldritch Spear better. A main idea of the class is to make ranged warlock more attractive.