PDA

View Full Version : The Wise and Learned Warrior [Feats]

Serakus_DeSardis
2006-11-21, 05:55 PM
Insightful Offense [Combat]

An insightful warrior makes intuitive strikes.

Prerequisites:BAB +5, Int 13+
Benefits: You may add your Int bonus to a single attack roll each round. You must declare this bonus before the rolls.

Wisened Defense [Combat]

The wise veteran has seen many battles.

Prerequisites:BAB +5, Wis 13

Benefits: You may add your Wis bonus to your AC for a single attack each round. You must declare this bonus before the rolls.

Any thoughts?

kanachi
2006-11-21, 06:43 PM
I quite like this, it would fit in rather nicely with the samurai base class i've been working on recently.

view the class here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10215

Anyway, if its ok with you i'de quite like to add these feats to my samurai class's extended feat list. I'll credit you obviously and provide a link to your post (this one).

Anyway, see what you think.

Serakus_DeSardis
2006-11-21, 06:51 PM
Certainly, glad to be of service.
Glad you like them. :)

Triaxx
2006-11-21, 06:57 PM
Umm... that's interesting, and certainly no longer makes INT a dump stat, except for one thing. I can add that to the Trip attack roll, and with sufficient INT, I can completely ignore the -4 penalty.

Serakus_DeSardis
2006-11-21, 07:51 PM
Thats an interesting observation, I don't think thats much of an issue. for the time being I'll leave it as is.

Triaxx
2006-11-21, 08:02 PM
I know, it's not an unbalancing thing either, because by the time you have +6 BAB, most enemies aren't going to fall for a trip attack anyway.

Proven_Paradox
2006-11-22, 05:02 AM
I don't think ignoring penalties on trip is a big issue here. You're already sinking a feat for that, and as you said, by the time you qualify for these feats, most of what you're fighting isn't going to be heavily effected by tripping.

Would you say that Wisened Defence would stack with the Monk (and other class) abilities to add one's wisdom score to one's AC? Might wanna clarify your intent there.

Triaxx
2006-11-22, 06:43 AM
Be interesting if Wisened Defense also added the wisdom bonus to strength checks to oppose Bull Rush.