PDA

View Full Version : quality comunity worldbuilding

Stake A Vamp
2013-04-17, 09:14 AM
(in my best English accent) now, ladys and gentlemen, you are all probably wondering why I have gathered you all here today. you see a few months ago, on my standard bi-weekly gaming night, my players finished the final plot arc, during which they had hit level 19. they decided that it was for the best that we begin a different campaign, because they were tired both of these characters, and forgotten realms. I have hit a block in designing this new setting (as I, upon principal of being kinda broke, will not buy a pre-made setting) and as such, for the past 5 gaming nights, we have played descent, however, this is only a stop-gap measure. I have gathered you here because you are members of a conglomeration which includes some of the most brilliant gaming minds I have ever encountered, and i am sure the majority of you, if not all, also have this brilliance (back to my standard Welsh accent)

yeah, so i am going for a style of world creation not dissimilar to the style of this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274008). I would like to say here and now that this was inspired by Frathe, who may have been in turn inspired by someone else (by the way, Frathe if you are reading this and for some reason annoyed that I stole this, I ask that you remember that emulation is the highest form of flattery.)

so, down to buisness, first round, there are three things to vote upon

A: is magic, do we want
high magic
low magic (think conan, whereas high magic is ebberon)
other (please for the love of Cthulhu elaborate if you pick this option)

B: is Races, do we want.
all the standard races
some standard, and some non-standard but pre-esisting
some standard and some original
some non-standard but pre existing and some original
all non-standard but pre existing
all original
other (how you have an other is beyond me, but I supose it is possible)

C:is the planes, do we want
all the standard planes
some but not all of the standard planes
some but not all of the standard planes and some original ones
all of the standard planes and some original ones
none of the standard planes, but some original ones
no planes
other (see B's "other" notation)

Stake A Vamp
2013-04-17, 01:23 PM
Never-mind, I am an idiot, and I posted this in the wrong sub-forum, does anyone know how to delete a thread? (also if you want to check this out, please go here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280717))