PDA

View Full Version : Feyblood class for elves n gnomes (3.5 NEED PEACHES BY MONDAY!!)

inuyasha
2013-04-18, 07:45 PM
Feyblood
It is well known that elves and gnomes are relatives of the fey, but very distantly. Some of these elves and gnomes, known as "feybloods" have managed to connect to the spiritual nature of their fey relatives
Requirements:

Must be an elf or gnome
Must be respectful to nature and take a vow not to hurt it, and to only hurt it if the lives of many innocents are at stake
Cannot be of lawful alignment
Must have the Iron will, lightning reflexes, and skill focus (survival) as a bonus feat
Must not eat meat

Feyblood
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special |0lvl|1st|2nd|3rd|4th|5th

1st|+0|+0|+2|+2|Fey vision|6|3|—|—|—|—

2nd|+1|+0|+3|+3|Fey walk I|7|4|—|—|—|—

3rd|+1|+1|+3|+3|DR 5/cold iron|7|4|—|—|—|—

4th|+2|+1|+4|+4|Fey ability|7|5|3|—|—|—

5th|+2|+1|+4|+4|SR 15|7|5|4|—|—|—

6th|+3|+2|+5|+5|Fey walk II|7|5|4|3|—|—

7th|+3|+2|+5|+5|Fey ability|7|6|5|4|—|—

8th|+4|+2|+6|+6|SR 20|7|6|5|4|3|—

9th|+4|+3|+6|+6|DR 10/cold iron|7|6|5|5|4|—

10th|+5|+3|+7|+7|Complete metamorphosis|7|6|6|5|4|3

[/table]
Alignment: Any non lawful
Hit Die: 1d6

Class Skills:
the feybloods class skills are: Bluff, Concentration, Escape artist, Hide, Listen, Move silently, Ride, Search, Sense motive, Spot
Skill Points at Each Level: 6 + Int modifier
Weapon and armor proficiencies
Feyblooded are proficient with all simple weapons. They are also proficient with light armor and shields

Fey vision (Ex)
At this point the feyblooded picks their progression based on their race, which determines their abilities:
Gnomes and drow are deep fey
elfs that arent drow are high fey
At 1st level, a deep fey doubles the range of any darkvision, or gains darkvision 60ft.
a high fey doubles the range of any lowlight vision (4X as far as a human in lowlight conditions) or gains regular lowlight vision

Fey walk (Su)
at 2nd level a fey gains the ability to move around in its native environment better. Deep fey can no longer be tracked in subterranean areas and caves, and leave no trail. High fey have the same effect in grasslands, forests, and jungles

at 6th level this ability improves, the fey can actually move in ways they couldn't before. Deep fey gain a burrow speed of 60ft, and high fey gain a magical fly speed of 60ft (good)

Fey ability (Sp)
a number of times per day equal to 1/4 the feybloods hit dice at 4th level the fey can cast a certain spell, this spell is stone shape for deep fey, and plant growth for high fey. These are cast as if by a druid of the feybloods hit dice

At 7th level this ability improves, once a day a deep fey can cast wall of stone, and a high fey can cast wall of thorns, cast as if by a druid of the feybloods level

Complete metamorphosis (Su)
At 10th level, the feyblood has reached perfection, becoming one with nature, a feyblood immediately becomes a creature of the fey type, and gains the ability to cast a certain spell once a week. Deep fey can cast elemental swarm (earth elementals only) and high fey can cast the spell shambler. These spells are cast as a druid of the feybloods hit dice

just a note
This is for my mothers birthday (which is monday), I am homebrewing a bunch of fairy related, and possibly owl related things. Although I am doing this, I would rather you do not link to your previous fairy-owl homebrews (no offense to all ye great homebrewers in the playground :smile:)

Pika...
2013-04-19, 12:09 AM
I love this concept!

However, do Half-Elves or Half-Drow have access to this class?

Also, what about an Elf/Drow mix?

ps.
Also, if it is going to be a class I feel it needs a LOT more bonuses and such.

Maybe stat bonuses?

Also, maybe have abailities granted similar to other fey, and they can choose from a list? Maybe "Nymph's Charm", or "Pixie Wings" for examples?

inuyasha
2013-04-19, 08:40 AM
I love this concept!

However, do Half-Elves or Half-Drow have access to this class?

Also, what about an Elf/Drow mix?

ps.
Also, if it is going to be a class I feel it needs a LOT more bonuses and such.

Maybe stat bonuses?

Also, maybe have abailities granted similar to other fey, and they can choose from a list? Maybe "Nymph's Charm", or "Pixie Wings" for examples?
thank you :D

1. hmmm I dont think half elves should be able to make the proper connection to nature, the fey blood would be too diluted
2. elf/drow...crap thats a weird family, and I dont know
3/4. I will think of more bonuses n such :)