PDA

View Full Version : How to consolidate the Psyrogue and lurk?

classy one
2013-04-19, 09:49 PM
I want to make a homebrewed hybrid class of the two without breaking balance. Both have the same flavor but Psyrogue is just so much better. Still I like he concept of lurk augments, and lurks do get level 6 powers and more PP.

I would prefer to stay in the high teir 3 or low teir 2 level.

What I had in mind was basically gestating the two but getting rid of psionic sneak attack. Merge the power lists together and add a few that fit the expert theme, PP and power acquisition will be using the lurk's.
Would that be a bit too over the top or just right?

Draz74
2013-04-20, 02:33 PM
I want to make a homebrewed hybrid class of the two without breaking balance. Both have the same flavor but Psyrogue is just so much better. Still I like he concept of lurk augments, and lurks do get level 6 powers and more PP.

I would prefer to stay in the high teir 3 or low teir 2 level.

What I had in mind was basically gestating the two but getting rid of psionic sneak attack. Merge the power lists together and add a few that fit the expert theme, PP and power acquisition will be using the lurk's.
Would that be a bit too over the top or just right?

Psychic Rogue is the better of the two, and while it's considered Tier 3, it's undoubtedly LOW Tier 3, since it's still considered worse than the Factotum or the Beguiler. (Admittedly, Beguiler is high Tier 3.)

So I think the meld you propose certainly wouldn't be overpowered if Tier 2-3 is the standard for the whole campaign. If it does somehow turn out overpowered, you could always just drop the PP progression to the PsyRogue's. That could lead to some frustrating resource management needs, but the combination would still be potentially quite good.

The alternative is picking one of the two classes as your main focus, then adding cherry-picked features from the other in piece-by-piece.

Just to Browse
2013-04-22, 01:24 AM
Gestalting them and not stacking sneak attack would be totally fine.

Mithril Leaf
2013-04-22, 02:32 AM
You get 6th level powers, some handy abilities, and nice sneak attack. I'd say it's probably decently well balanced against the Psychic Warrior, which is where you want to be.