PDA

View Full Version : Clockwerk from Sly Cooper Video Game [Peach]

Debihuman
2013-05-01, 03:42 AM
I've decided to update AkazilliaDeNaro's Clockwerk (from here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=14633826&postcount=1).

I think Clockwerk works better as a Construct and also toned him down a little. He should still make a decent villain. I have also included his robo-falcons. Note: I have not played the video game(s), so if I've missed something, please let me know. Rather than give him levels of Rogue, I've decided to incorporate some of those abilities.

Most of what I have I've gleaned from this site: http://slycooper.wikia.com/wiki/Clockwerk.

Clockwerk from Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus Video Game
Huge Construct
Hit Dice: 33d10+40 (177 hp)
Initiative: +11 (+7 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)
Speed: 50 ft., Fly 100 ft. (Good)
Armor Class: 48 (-2 Size, +7 Dex, +26 natural, +5 profane), touch 22, flat-footed 41 (48 uncanny dodge)
Base Attack/Grapple: +24/+42
Attack: Bite +38 melee (4d6+15)
Full Attack: Bite +38 melee (4d6+15) and 2 claws +37 melee (6d6+10) and 2 wing buffets +37 melee (2d6+10)
Space/Reach: 15 ft./15 ft.
Special Attacks: Breath Weapon, Frightful Presence, Paralyzing Gaze, Spell-like Ability
Special Qualities: Clockwerk tail feathers, construct traits, damage reduction 10/—, darkvision 120 ft., evasion, fast healing 10, hate chip, immunity to death effects, disease, fire, mind-affecting effects, paralysis, poison, sleep effects and stunning, improved evasion, keen senses, low-light vision, slippery mind, SR 25, uncanny dodge
Saves: Fort +13 Ref +18 Will +16
Abilities: Str 30, Dex 25, Con —, Int 25, Wis 20, Cha 23
Skills: Appraise +34, Bluff +33, Escape Artist +34, Gather Information +33, Intimidate +33, Knowledge (Local) +34, Listen +32, Move Silently +32, Search +34, Sense Motive +32, Spot + 32, Use Magic Device +33
Feats: Craft Construct, Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Craft Wondrous Item, Dodge, Flyby Attack, Great Fortitude, Hover, Improved Initiative, Improved Multiattack, Multiattack, Snatch, Weapon Focus (Bite)
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary (unique) or with swarm of robotic falcons (see below)
Challenge Rating: 27
Treasure: Double Standard
Alignment: Always Neutral Evil
Advancement: —
Level Adjustment: —

Clockwerk is an immense mechanical owl who wants nothing more than to be the world's best master thief. He lives in a secret lair beneath a volcano, which is heavily guarded by his robo-falcons.

Combat

Breath Weapon (Su): As a standard action, clockwerk can breathe a 30-foot cone of fire. Once he has used his breath weapon, he cannot use it again for 1d4 rounds.

Clockwerk Tail Feathers (Ex): Three times per day as a standard action for 10 rounds, clockwork can fly at twice his normal speed.

Damage Reduction: Clockwerk’s natural attacks are considered magical, for the purposes bypassing damage reduction.

Evasion (Ex): Clockwerk can avoid even magical and unusual attacks with great agility. If he makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, he instead takes no damage.

Frightful Presence (Ex): Clockwerk can unsettle foes by spreading his wings. This ability takes place whenever he attacks, charges or flies overhead. Creatures within 30 feet of Clockwerk are subject to this effect if they have fewer than 30 Hit Dice. A potentially affected creature that succeeds on a Will save (DC 22) remains immune to clockwerk’s frightful presence for 24 hours. On a failure, creatures with 10 or fewer HD become panicked for 4d6 rounds and those with 11 or more HD become shaken for 4d6 rounds. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Hate Chip (Ex): Clockwerk gains a +5 profane bonus to armor class, attack and damage from the hate chip imbedded inside him.

Keen senses (Ex): Clockwerk sees four times as far as a human in shadowy illumination, and twice as far in normal light. He also has darkvision out to 120 feet.

Immunities (Ex): Clockwerk is immune to death effects, disease, fire, mind-affecting effects, necromancy effects, paralysis, poison, sleep effects, and stunning. He is also not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, or energy drain. He is immune to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects, or is harmless).

Improved Evasion (Ex): This ability works like evasion, except that while Clockwerk still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks henceforth he takes only half damage on a failed save.

Paralyzing Gaze (Su): Paralyze 1d4 for rounds, 60 feet, Fortitude DC 37 negates. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Slippery Mind (Ex): This ability represents Clockwerk's ability to wriggle free from magical effects that would otherwise control or compel him. If Clockwerk is affected by an enchantment spell or effect and fails his saving throw, he can attempt it again 1 round later at the same DC. He gets only this one extra chance to succeed on his saving throw.

Spell-like Ability (Sp): Three times a day as a standard action, Clockwerk can summon a swarm of robotic falcons.

Uncanny Dodge (Ex): Clockwerk retains his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) regardless of being caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. (He still loses any Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized.)

Swarm, Cast of Robo-Falcons
Tiny Construct (Swarm)
Hit Dice: 11d10 (60 hp)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 10 ft. (2 squares), Fly 80 ft. (good)
Armor Class: 20 (+2 Size +4 Dex +4 natural), touch 16, flat-footed 16
Base Attack/Grapple: +8/—
Attack: 3d6+2 (swarm)
Full Attack: 3d6+2 (swarm)
Special Attacks: Blinding, Distraction, Snatch-and-Run
Special Qualities: Half damage from slashing and piercing, low-light vision, resistance to fire 2
Saves: Fort +3, Reflex +7, Will +4
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 18, Con —, Int — Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: —
Feats: —
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary or with Clockwerk
Challenge Rating: 5
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Neutral
Advancement: —
Level Adjustment: —

Robo-falcons were created by Clockwerk to protect his secret underground lair. They harass anyone who enters and can be sent out to retrieve items and to kidnap Medium sized or smaller foes.

Combat

Blinding (Ex): A creature damaged by a robo-falcon swarm must succeed on a DC 19 Reflex save or blinded. The creature can regain its sight by healing the damage naturally, by any application of a cure spell or some other healing magic, or with a remove blindness/deafness spell. The save is Dexterity-based.

Distraction (Ex): Any living creature vulnerable to a swarm’s damage that begins its turn with a swarm in its square is nauseated for 1 round; a Fortitude save (DC 15) negates the effect. Spellcasting or concentrating on spells within the area of a swarm requires a Concentration check (DC 20 + spell level). Using skills that involve patience and concentration requires a DC 20 Concentration check. The save is Constitution-based.

Snatch-And-Run (Ex): A cast of robo-falcons that successfully hits a target that is Medium sized or smaller and weighs 132 lbs. or less can snatch its target with its many claws. A successful Reflex save (DC 19) negates. The swarm can drop a creature it has snatched as a free action or use a standard action to fling it aside. A flung creature travels 1d6 × 10 feet, and takes 1d6 points of damage per 10 feet traveled. If the creature flings a snatched opponent while flying, the opponent takes this amount or falling damage, whichever is greater.

A cast of robo-falcons can also snatch items. The item does not need to be hit in order to be snatched. Unattended items are automatically snatched while magical and attended items make saves as the creature the robo-falcon swarm is attacking.

Debby

vasharanpaladin
2013-05-01, 12:02 PM
Given he's technically a cyborg, I'd argue for Living Construct, but this works. :smallamused: