PDA

View Full Version : Half-Balor Template?

gurgleflep
2013-05-01, 11:39 PM
Hello everybody, I've got a question/request for you lot!
I'm looking for a half-balor for a campaign I'm going to be running. If there's already one made, please link to it.

I would like it to have wings, some immunities, skill bonuses... typical stuff made from templates, either a neutral or evil alignment (not necessarily forced, but due to it's balor heritage... You get the idea) and be equal to or less than 10 in LA.
Appearance wise doesn't really matter as far as stats go, but... probably increase it a category (or decrease if the base race was larger) or give it the bulky build (I can't recall the actual name offhand), have horns, wings, be warm to the touch, have red tinted skin... Yeah, that kinda stuff.

Ahead of time, thank you all.

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-01, 11:44 PM
This may help. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060630a)Its guidelines to making Half-Somethings of various Fiends instead of the generic Half-Fiend template. It could be a good starter ground if you feel a half-Balor would be stronger than any other half-Fiend (rightfully so).

gurgleflep
2013-05-01, 11:48 PM
This may help. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060630a)Its guidelines to making Half-Somethings of various Fiends instead of the generic Half-Fiend template. It could be a good starter ground if you feel a half-Balor would be stronger than any other half-Fiend (rightfully so).

Thank you :smallsmile: I'll begin working this out now. This was quite a bit quicker than I thought it would be!

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-01, 11:57 PM
I'll offer some suggestions. For SLA's I'd say a slew of [Evil] and [Fire] SLA's, like Burning Hands, Fireball, or Unholy Aura (at appropriate HD) would fit thematically. As for stat adjustments, thats a bit tricky. Balors have high Str and Con, relative to their other stats, but everything else is almost identical, Cha barely better than Dex, Int and Wis. +4 Str, +2 Dex +4 Con, +2 Int, +2 Wis, +2 Cha should fit.

Specific SLA suggestions:
1-2 Burning Hands 3/day
3-4 Magic Circle Against Evil
5-6 Unholy blight
7-8 Fireball 3/day
9-10 Charm Monster
11-12 Blasphemy
13-14 Unholy aura 3/day, unhallow
15-16 Fire Storm
17-18 Meteor Swarm
19-20 Elemental Swarm ([Fire] only)

gurgleflep
2013-05-02, 12:00 AM
I'll offer some suggestions. For SLA's I'd say a slew of [Evil] and [Fire] SLA's, like Burning Hands, Fireball, or Unholy Aura (at appropriate HD) would fit thematically. As for stat adjustments, thats a bit tricky. Balors have high Str and Con, relative to their other stats, but everything else is almost identical, Cha barely better than Dex, Int and Wis. +4 Str, +2 Dex +4 Con, +2 Int, +2 Wis, +2 Cha should fit.

Sounds reasonable, thank you yet again!

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-02, 12:03 AM
And one more, since I took too long to edit:
1-2 Burning Hands 3/day
5-6 Unholy blight
7-8 Fireball 3/day
9-10 Charm Monster
11-12 Blasphemy
15-16 Fire Storm
17-18 Meteor Swarm

gurgleflep
2013-05-02, 12:08 AM
And one more, since I took too long to edit:
1-2 Burning Hands 3/day
5-6 Unholy blight
7-8 Fireball 3/day
9-10 Charm Monster
11-12 Blasphemy
15-16 Fire Storm
17-18 Meteor Swarm

I take it the numbers (1-2, 3-4, etc.) are for how many HD you've got? You're being quite helpful :smallsmile:

MesiDoomstalker
2013-05-02, 12:16 AM
I take it the numbers (1-2, 3-4, etc.) are for how many HD you've got? You're being quite helpful :smallsmile:

Yes, and your welcome. I'm bored and being helpful makes me not bored! :smallbiggrin:

gurgleflep
2013-05-02, 12:23 AM
Yes, and your welcome. I'm bored and being helpful makes me not bored! :smallbiggrin:

As awkward as it sounds, your boredom is much appreciated :smallbiggrin: You've been most helpful!

inuyasha
2013-05-02, 09:20 AM
while that link is a good source for help, I feel I could also make a good one from goodman games metatemplate (a template to make a creature into a half creature template to add to another creature [confused? Good {its from their book of templates}]) would you like to see my version?

gurgleflep
2013-05-02, 12:55 PM
while that link is a good source for help, I feel I could also make a good one from goodman games metatemplate (a template to make a creature into a half creature template to add to another creature [confused? Good {its from their book of templates}]) would you like to see my version?

Yeah, that confused me :smalltongue:
If you're willing to make one, sure :smallsmile: