PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Wizards loosing their familiars.

Grigori
2013-05-03, 01:35 PM
When a familiar abandons the master does the master have to wait a year and a day? All that I've read only refers to the death of a familiar or when the master dismisses their familiar, there's nothing about what happens when they leave you. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Gabe the Bard
2013-05-03, 06:43 PM
Assuming that the familiar CAN leave you without being dismissed, I think the same rules would apply, but that's just my opinion.

But my question would be whether the familiar is actually capable of leaving its master of its own free will, especially if the master is a vampire wizard, in which case the familiar may also be a vampire spawn.

Jeraa
2013-05-03, 07:07 PM
But my question would be whether the familiar is actually capable of leaving its master of its own free will, especially if the master is a vampire wizard, in which case the familiar may also be a vampire spawn.

They can if the master is a vampire.

Vampire sorcerers and wizards retain their class abilities, but if a character has a familiar other than a rat or bat, the link between them is broken, and the familiar shuns its former companion. The character can summon another familiar, but it must be a rat or bat.

KillianHawkeye
2013-05-03, 09:18 PM
It says that you can summon another familiar. There's no mention of a waiting period, so you can do so at your earliest convenience.