PDA

View Full Version : Big Stack of Exalted Feats [PEACH (eek!)]

The Mentalist
2013-05-04, 12:49 AM
I have around 70 more but I don't know how to label them so that they're not breaking the "Real World Religion" rule so for now the Blessed X series.

All of the below feats have the [Exalted] Tag
All abilities granted by these feats are Supernatural

Blessed Endurance
Pre-reqs: Sacred Vow, Con 13
Benefits: You gain DR X/Evil where X is twice the number of Exalted feats you have

Blessed Ear
Pre-Reqs: Sacred Vow, Wis 13
Benefits: You gain permanent Comprehend Languages

Blessed Tongue
Pre-Reqs: Sacred Vow, Cha 13
Benefits: Your speech is automatically understood by any creature with an Int Score greater than 2

Blessed Lightness
Pre-Reqs: Sacred Vow, Dex 13
Benefits: You gain a +50% bonus to your base movement speed and Permanent Featherfall
Special: This feat may be taken multiple times; its effects stack

Blessed Weightlessness
Pre-Reqs: Sacred Vow, Blessed Lightness
Benefits: You gain a flight speed equal to your land speed with Good Maneuverability.

Blessed Shield
Pre-Reqs: Sacred Vow, Con 13
Benefits: You gain a permanent Protection from Evil
Special: You may take this feat multiple times (up to Con Mod times), the resistance and armor bonuses from the Protection from Evil stack.

Blessed Truth
Pre-Reqs: Wis 13, Sacred Vow, Blessed Sight, Blessed Ear
Benefits: You gain permanent Discern Lies and True Seeing

Blessed Sight
Pre-Reqs: Wis 13, Sacred Vow
Benefits: You gain permanent Detect Evil and Detect Snares and Pits

Blessed Voice
Pre-Reqs: Cha 13, Sacred Vow
Benefits: You may speak through any statue or painting that bears your visage

Blessed Visage
Pre-Reqs: Sacred Vow, Blessed Voice
Benefits: You may see and hear through any statue or painting that bears your visage as Clairvoyance/Clairaudiance

Enduring Voice
Pre-Reqs: Blessed Voice, Sacred Vow, Cha 15
Benefits: You may speak with the Blessed Voice feat even after your death.
Special: If you have Blessed Visage this feat also functions on that ability

Blessed Messenger
Benefits: You may activate your Blessed Voice and Blessed Visage effect through one race of animal
Special: You may take this feat multiple times, each time it applies to a new race of animal

Blessed Ordination
Pre-Reqs: Sacred Vow, Level 6+ Wis 15, Cha 15,
Benefits: You may grant the first level of adept to any being with NPC levels that shares your faith. This adept is considered a divine caster
Special: This does not overwrite the level of NPC class, but adds to it. It may only grant the first level of the class.

Blessed Vanguard
Pre-Reqs: Sacred Vow, Level 6+ Con 15, Cha 15,
Benefits: You may grant the first level of paladin to any being with NPC levels that shares your faith.
Special: This does not overwrite the level of NPC class, but adds to it. It may only grant the first level of the class.

Blessed Listening
Pre-Reqs: Sacred Vow, Wis 15
Benefits: You gain Permanent Detect Thoughts

Blessed Friends
Benefits: You automatically command creatures of less than 1/3rd your HD with less than 3 Int. You may only control one creature for every Exalted feat you possess. This command only lasts while you are within 10' per exalted feat you possess and for 1 hour after for every Exalted feat you possess.

Blessed Touch
Pre-Reqs: Sacred Vow
Benefits: Choose two of the following effects:

Remove Blindness/Deafness, Cure Disease, Neutralize Poison, Remove Curse, Remove Paralysis, Cure Moderate Wounds, Bless, Calm Emotions, Dispel Evil, Remove Fear, or Stone to Flesh, Bear's Endurance, Bull's Strength, Cat's Grace, Eagle's Splendor, Fox's Cunning, Owl's Wisdom, False Life, prevent a creature for aging for 1 year, sustain a creature without food for HD days, regrow a limb.

With a touch, you may confer these effects on a creature of the same faith a number of times per hour equal to the number of [exalted] feats you possess.

Special: You may take this feat multiple times, each time you may pick two more effects.

Blessed Word
Benefits: All the effects of your touch may be delivered by hearing you speak for 1 round.
Special: This effect may not increase the number of targets your touch may effect if there is such a limit

Blessed Tears
Benefits: As a full round action you may cry, producing tears that have the effects of your touch. These tears function as an oil.

Blessed Presence
Pre-Reqs: Sacred Vow, Blessed Word
Benefits: All the effects of your Touch may be delivered by being within 5'/4HD of your person
Special: This effect may not increase the number of targets your touch may effect if there is such a limit

Deathless Touch
Pre-Reqs: Sacred Vow, Blessed Touch
Benefits: The effects of your Blessed Touch and Blessed Tears may be granted after death, in addition your body never decays, even if disintegrated, as through a permanent Gentle Repose

More to follow as I rename them. Also Vestiges based off of such things.

Amechra
2013-05-04, 02:14 AM
Blessed Tongue: No one can understand you. Because everything overlaps.

Tongues already gives you what you want.

The Mentalist
2013-05-04, 02:18 AM
I was hoping to avoid the fine print of tongues that says you only speak in one language at a time. I'll either re-phrase or use tongues.

Amechra
2013-05-04, 02:47 AM
Well, you could just have it state that all creatures can understand you as if you were speaking whatever language they are most comfortable with.

The Mentalist
2013-05-04, 03:01 AM
Fixed and mandatory character lengthening.

EdroGrimshell
2013-05-04, 12:03 PM
:smalleek:

I was just making an epic level Ozodrin / Xenoalchemist / Sower of Strangeness / Menacing Manor that runs a town as a sort of quasi-deity/archpriest (and acts as the Church itself), these greatly help the concept, even if they do lock him into an alignment. You, my good sir, have made me a very happy man :smallbiggrin:

Now, as for the actual feats themselves...

Blessed Endurance
Pre-reqs: Sacred Vow, Con 13
Benefits: You gain DR 1/2 HD/Evil

Good for survivability in a true believer, nothing much to say beyond that since it's fairly generic. However, I'd love to see Exalted feats that grow as you become more exalted instead of just giving a bonus based on your level.

Blessed Ear
Pre-Reqs: Sacred Vow, Wis 13
Benefits: You gain permanent Comprehend Languages

Blessed Tongue
Pre-Reqs: Sacred Vow, Cha 13
Benefits: Your speech is automatically understood by any creature with an Int Score greater than 2

Useful, though I'd likely take Blessed Ear first and possibly make it aprerequisite for Blessed Tongue.

Blessed Lightness
Benefits: You gain a +50% bonus to your base movement speed and Permanent Featherfall
Special: This feat may be taken multiple times, it's effects stack

Blessed Weightlessness
Pre-Reqs: Sacred Vow, Blessed Lightness
Benefits: You gain a flight speed equal to your land speed with Good Maneuverability.

These are pretty good, a decent benefit for the first and a really useful one for the second, I like them. And the fact it covers one of the main problems with VoP makes the second one a VERY appealing feat.

Blessed Shield
Special: You may take this feat multiple times, it's effects stack

Interesting benefit, but I'd limit the number of times you can take it to either Con Mod, Wis Mod, or Cha Mod and change the prerequisites to match the ability used. Honestly I'd use Wis to represent faith governing the ability over physical health.

Blessed Truth
Pre-Reqs: Wis 13, Sacred Vow, Blessed Sight, Blessed Ear
Benefits: You gain permanent Discern Lies and True Seeing

Blessed Sight
Pre-Reqs: Wis 13, Sacred Vow
Benefits: You gain permanent Detect Evil and Detect Snares and Pits

An obvious expansion on Blessed Sight and Blessed Ear, rather useful. I like them.

Blessed Voice
Benefits: You may speak through any statue or painting that bears your visage

Blessed Visage
Benefits: You may see and hear through any statue or painting that bears your visage as Clairvoyance/Clairaudiance

Enduring Voice
Pre-Reqs: Blessed Voice, Sacred Vow, Cha 15
Benefits: You may speak with the Blessed Voice feat even after your death.
Special: If you have Blessed Visage this feat also functions on that ability

Blessed Listening
Pre-Reqs: Sacred Vow, Wis 15
Benefits: You gain Permanent Detect Thoughts

Now we come to something like being a quasi-deity/chosen vessel of a deity. These are VERY nice and offer a very interesting challenge for parties going against the one with these feats (either with the one with them being EXTREME LG or the party being nongood.)

Blessed Messenger
Benefits: You may activate your Blessed Voice and Blessed Visage effect through one species of animal
Special: You may take this feat multiple times, each time it applies to a new type of animal

Blessed Friends
Benefits: You automatically command all creatures of less than 1/3rd your HD with less than 3 Int

Nice benefit, gives a decent messaging system that can't be intercepted and makes gives a theme for a particular individual. I like these a lot.

Blessed Ordination
Pre-Reqs: Sacred Vow, Level 6+ Wis 15, Cha 15,
Benefits: You may grant the first level of cleric to any being with NPC levels that shares your faith.

Blessed Vanguard
Pre-Reqs: Sacred Vow, Level 6+ Con 15, Cha 15,
Benefits: You may grant the first level of fighter to any being with NPC levels that shares your faith.

These seem a bit powerful, honestly I'd set them to a modified Adept and Warrior NPC class that replace NPC class levels so it's not as powerful and gives something interesting. I'd say allow the adept to Turn Undead and draw spells from the cleric/paladin list and the warrior to take Domain feats or be able to smite evil. Take it or leave it, the choice is yours on that, it's just the direction I would go.

Blessed Touch
Benefits: Your touch has the effect of two of the following spells: Remove Blindness/Deafness, Cure Disease, Neutralize Poison, Remove Curse, Remove Paralysis, Cure Moderate Wounds, Bless, Calm Emotions, Dispel Evil, Remove Fear, or Stone to Flesh, Bear's Endurance, Bull's Strength, Cat's Grace, Eagle's Splendor, Fox's Cunning, Owl's Wisdom, False Life, you may also choose to allow your touch to prevent a creature for aging for 1 year, sustain a creature without food for HD days, or regrow a limb
Special: You may take this feat multiple times, each time your touch grants two more spell effects.

Blessed Word
Benefits: All the effects of your touch may be delivered by hearing you speak for 1 round.

Blessed Tears
Benefits: As a full round action you may cry, producing tears that have the effects of your touch.

Blessed Presence
Pre-Reqs: Sacred Vow, Blessed Word
Benefits: All the effects of your Touch may be delivered by being within 5'/4HD of your person

Deathless Touch
Pre-Reqs: Sacred Vow, Blessed Touch
Benefits: The effects of your Blessed Touch and Blessed Tears may be granted after death, in addition your body never decays, even if disintegrated, as through a permanent Gentle Repose

Now we're getting into some powerful stuff, most of the spells you can choose are 2nd level spells, and you can take this feat at level 1 as a human, I'd say put higher prerequisites on Blessed Touch an limit it to those that share a faith (or at least alignment) with the user.

I'd also limit uses of it, the number of people that can benefit from it as a time, or give it a cooldown time so you can't just hand out the benefits constantly. Possibly a combination of the three.

Otherwise, I LOVE this concept, absolutely perfect to get the "Good Cult" leader thing going.

The Mentalist
2013-05-04, 04:48 PM
Responses to Edro

I was just making an epic level Ozodrin / Xenoalchemist / Sower of Strangeness / Menacing Manor that runs a town as a sort of quasi-deity/archpriest (and acts as the Church itself), these greatly help the concept, even if they do lock him into an alignment. You, my good sir, have made me a very happy man :smallbiggrin:

Always Glad to please, you could also rework Exalted Feats into Exemplar feats and do them as another alignment.

Good for survivability in a true believer, nothing much to say beyond that since it's fairly generic. However, I'd love to see Exalted feats that grow as you become more exalted instead of just giving a bonus based on your level.

That actually sounds like a very good idea, making the change.

These are pretty good, a decent benefit for the first and a really useful one for the second, I like them. And the fact it covers one of the main problems with VoP makes the second one a VERY appealing feat.

That was most of the idea, not tremendously useful if you don't take VoP but gives you something good to dump those spare Exalted Feats into if you have it and corrects the lack of flight.

Interesting benefit, but I'd limit the number of times you can take it to either Con Mod, Wis Mod, or Cha Mod and change the prerequisites to match the ability used. Honestly I'd use Wis to represent faith governing the ability over physical health.

Considering, not sure yet. I like the Con for Fighters to take without having to pump other stats, A +2 AC against approximately half of the monsters you'll be fighting (more in an exalted game) would be a good use of a Feat

Now we come to something like being a quasi-deity/chosen vessel of a deity. These are VERY nice and offer a very interesting challenge for parties going against the one with these feats (either with the one with them being EXTREME LG or the party being nongood.)

I'm considering expanding it to animating statues of yourself as Simulacrum temporarily.

These seem a bit powerful, honestly I'd set them to a modified Adept and Warrior NPC class that replace NPC class levels so it's not as powerful and gives something interesting. I'd say allow the adept to Turn Undead and draw spells from the cleric/paladin list and the warrior to take Domain feats or be able to smite evil. Take it or leave it, the choice is yours on that, it's just the direction I would go.

Maybe Paladin instead of Fighter (as it's basically an NPC class itself), adding a Monk option, Cleric is a bit powerful come to think of it, maybe Favored Soul instead or modify the Adept is actually seeming like the better option.

Now we're getting into some powerful stuff, most of the spells you can choose are 2nd level spells, and you can take this feat at level 1 as a human, I'd say put higher prerequisites on Blessed Touch an limit it to those that share a faith (or at least alignment) with the user.

I'm actually considering making this three feats with progressively higher level spells, though I will definitely add the share a faith with the user bit.

I'd also limit uses of it, the number of people that can benefit from it as a time, or give it a cooldown time so you can't just hand out the benefits constantly. Possibly a combination of the three.

Cooldown time seems like a very good idea, maybe once per hour per Exalted feat?

Thanks for your feedback.

I also have those other feats that break the Real World Religion rule on the forums that I can PM some of the better ones to you if you'd like.

TuggyNE
2013-05-04, 06:43 PM
I like these. :smallsmile:

I also have those other feats that break the Real World Religion rule on the forums that I can PM some of the better ones to you if you'd like.

Technically, PMs still need to follow forum rules, so no go. :smallsigh:

Blessed Lightness
Special: This feat may be taken multiple times, it's effects stack

That last comma needs to be a semicolon and the last apostrophe should go.

Also, what exactly is the effect of having three copies of this feat? +150% movement?

Blessed Shield
Special: You may take this feat multiple times (up to Con Mod times), it's effects stack

How do they stack? Getting multiple copies of protection from evil doesn't do anything. Instead, you should note that succeeding instances increase the deflection and resistance bonuses by +2 each time.

Blessed Messenger
Benefits: You may activate your Blessed Voice and Blessed Visage effect through one species of animal
Special: You may take this feat multiple times, each time it applies to a new type of animal

Don't say species or type; use race (poorly-defined as it may be, it's better than the other two, and type in particular is quite confusing).

Blessed Friends
Benefits: You automatically command all creatures of less than 1/3rd your HD with less than 3 Int

Needs a bit more explanation; does this apply to mindless creatures, undead, constructs, elementals, outsiders? What's the range? What check would someone need to make to rebuke, command, or turn them away from your command (assuming this is functioning like Command Undead)? Is there any total HD limit on your commanded pool, as is customary?

If there are literally no limits, say hello to ALL THE MINIONMANCY. Also, say goodbye to a practical game. :smalleek:

Blessed Touch
Benefits: your touch has the effect of two of the following spells: Remove Blindness/Deafness, Cure Disease, Neutralize Poison, Remove Curse, Remove Paralysis, Cure Moderate Wounds, Bless, Calm Emotions, Dispel Evil, Remove Fear, or Stone to Flesh, Bear's Endurance, Bull's Strength, Cat's Grace, Eagle's Splendor, Fox's Cunning, Owl's Wisdom, False Life, you may also choose to allow your touch to prevent a creature for aging for 1 year, sustain a creature without food for HD days, or regrow a limb.

You may only use this touch once per hour per Exalted feat you possess
Special: You may take this feat multiple times, each time your touch grants two more spell effects. The effects of your touch only affect those who share your faith.

I'd reorganize this a bit; say something like "Choose two of the following spells: <list>. With a touch, you may confer these effects on a creature of the same faith a number of times per hour equal to the number of [exalted] feats you possess. Alternatively, your touch may prevent a creature from aging for 1 year, <etc>" Also, clarify whether you can choose the auxiliary aging/sustaining/regeneration effects whenever you make a touch, or when you gain the feat.

Blessed Tears
Benefits: As a full round action you may cry, producing tears that have the effects of your touch.

Are these an oil? I assume they don't apply to yourself when you're producing them.

The Mentalist
2013-05-04, 07:20 PM
I like these. :smallsmile:

Thanks.

Technically, PMs still need to follow forum rules, so no go. :smallsigh:

Email then! Or he can get a free copy of the pdf I'm going to sell them in if he helps me edit them, whatever.

Thank you for your feedback, corrections have been made.

EdroGrimshell
2013-05-04, 07:26 PM
Thanks for your feedback.

Always glad to help, if you'd like to send them to me, sans names if you'd prefer to leave out the RL Religion thing. I can give a quick critique and name ideas for them.