PDA

View Full Version : [N-HIGH] Nexus High AU: Like Spin-Off Babies, Only Worse!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Lord Magtok
2013-05-06, 01:17 PM
"Hello students, and welcome to Nexus High! Now, I'm sure you have plenty of questions right now, like where all your magical powers went, how everyone you knew is suddenly more or less the same age as each other, why everyone is suddenly an orphan, or an explanation for how there are teachers, but never any actual classes being RPed. Those are all very important questions, and I'll be happy to ignore them completely for you, if you'll just bear with me for a minute.

My name is Mr. Luciferbaddon Beelzesnake Satanman the Third, but since that's quite a mouthful, you can all call me Principal Sirtch! For kicks and giggles, you're all going back to school, and you're all being turned back into kids. No, Magtok, you can't opt out of this by forcing some other clone to participate, or by kicking me in the shins. Yes, Harnel, minds are going to be wiped, but genders should stay the same. I mean, unless you really want to change, of course. Boys and girls can stay boys and girls, but we can't very well have a Nexus High AU with everyone running around with their boring, mature, grown-up adult minds, can we?

No, no, of course we can't. Of course we can't. Anyways, that's enough out of me. The current Location is High School Hallways, until someone feels like going elsewhere. Feel free to trample all over establish canon, rewrite relationships, and more or less...well, go nuts! You only get to be a kid once, am I right? Haahahahahaha!"

The rictus-faced devil in a white suit vanishes in a puff of brimstone, leaving only a startled and unprepared narrator behind to try to make sense of it all. Anyways, as the Devil expy said, this is Nexus High, where everyone's a pimply-faced, melodramatic teenager and the points don't matter (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KAGwNtI26w). Yep, they're just like Nexus Prime's economy, absolutely irrelevant and handwaved at every opportunity!

As for the high school itself, it's more or less what you'd expect from a place called Nexus High. Its design is inspired in equal measure by awful 80s movies, modern day high schools, and the very Nexus its cast has been drawn from. There's no definite map of the setting, and distances between locations vary every time you walk from one place to the next, so the route that got you five minutes early to PE yesterday might cause you to show up a half hour late the very next day. The same generic lockers line every wall, broken every now and then by the shrill cries of a helpless nerd who's been locked inside by one of the nasty jocks. The cafeteria's food is absolutely repulsive, and at least a couple students attest to having seen it wink at them before. Eww. At least the kids in the town of Skoolside throw awesome parties, though. Awesome parties where absolutely no one is drinking below the legal age limit or shacking up with anyone under the age of sixteen. I know, I know, not terribly realistic for a high school setting, but I don’t want anyone calling Officer St. Jude on us, okay? Just be cool, man, and don’t do anything to spoil the fun for everyone else, okay?

Now, as always, you're free to play who you want, and how you want, but personally, I think the more iconic characters would be best. Reinholdt playing Ilpholin as a stereotypical stuck-up rich girl sounds way funnier and is more of a wacky farce than Reinholdt playing...I dunno, Examplia Parson, The New Girl Nobody's Heard Of, in the same role, because as far as anyone can tell, Ms. Examplia might as well be the very thing we're parodying here. You can't very easily poke fun at people who we've never seen before, right? New people aren’t unwelcome, of course, I just think it’d be less confusing to start elsewhere, since most of the older characters are likely to be widely distorted, completely screwy versions of whatever they’d normally be.

Additionally, Guns and fireballs and such are off-limits, because this is a school. You might be able to get away with being in an archery club or something, but if anyone whips out a Glock in the cafeteria, resident reality-bender Principal Sirtch is going to freeze time, pull the student's hand off, and promptly expel them forever. This is Sirtch's own private little funhouse mirror world to toy with at his leisure, and the last thing he wants is for someone to ruin the mood with a school shooting, act of arson, or bombing. To put it simply, if you can't refrain from murdering anyone, high school is not for you.

Also, obviously, if you're going to play Felandria as an obscenely tall unwed teen mother who claims Magtok fathered her babby, you'll have to run it by me first (unless she's lying, in which case, go ahead and throw your baseless accusations around all you like, Fel). Same goes for any other sort of canon you might be establishing with another player. Ghar needs to ask Shadowcaller if Sakura and Cessie have been best friends since elementary school, he can't just put that in a post and demand SC treats that as Nexus High canon. Honestly? I respect all you Nexus peoples, and don't think I really need to tell anyone any of this, but there's always a chance someone might forget, and I wanted to make this post look longer, so I went ahead and told you anyways.

Now, if you want your character to have a completely blank slate here, that's equally okay, and you're well within your rights to revamp and revise established personalities and the like. For example, this setting's Magtok has a lot in common with Nexus Prime's Magtok, but even powers/resources aside, they’re definitely not the same person, understand? While still quite vain and bombastic, I wouldn't expect the poor boy from Skoolside to be quite as socially adept as he is in Nexus Prime, being a nerdy little cyborg and all. He's probably going to run for Student Council President, but as everyone knows, those things are just glorified popularity contests, and I don't think he has nearly as good of a chance of winning as he would if he was Nexus Prime's tok, running for the same thing. There's a good chance he won't be hanging out with the same crowd that he does in Nexus Prime too, and obviously that's going to have an impact on his behavior as well.

Lastly, on a side note, no, to be honest with you, I don't actually expect this thread to go anywhere, or even reach the 50 page limit. Nevertheless, I'm bored, and after/during the stressful mess that is the end of a college semester and all its final exams, lots of us could probably use some light-hearted, wacky, immature nonsense right now. So...here we go!

TL;DR: Nexus characters, except as high school students, in the city of Skoolside’s own Nexus High. No class schedules, as Nexus stuff works better with some ambiguity. Feel free to reinvent your PCs in new and exciting ways, but no godmodding, and no murder. Discussion can go in the regular Nexus OOC thread, unless this gets enough attention to warrant its own OOC thread. Totally not gonna happen, though.

Mindfreak
2013-05-06, 02:02 PM
Library
Dave and Megan, both pimply faced and with braces, are finishing their diorama for science class in the library.
"No! No! Xernes has 10 moons, not 9 and a half!"
"Everyone knows that the 10 moon was blown up last week! It counts as a half!"
"But the teacher assigned this two weeks ago! It should be accurate for that point in time!"
Dave's eyes lite briefly with flames of passion for a moment before slamming a chessboard down onto the table, yielding a "SHH!" from the librarian.
"Chess battle to decide this, right now."
It's a good things there's no jocks around to harass them!:smallwink::smalltongue:

Beans
2013-05-06, 02:30 PM
[Library]
Carrie (http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/975/tek5188030f52ed33054667.png) sits quietly, her wings helping to block those two squabbling over moons or whatever.
She sighs a little, typing away at her essay for English. People are dumb and loud and ugh, could they try not being so distracting?

OrchestraHc
2013-05-06, 03:07 PM
Library

Of course there are no jocks. Jocks don't go near the library, so many words in one place make their head hurt.

But if no jocks are going to bully these nerds, how's about a pair of losers to pester them. Justin, who's blond, short, and wearing his traditional blue and yellow hoodie in proud defiance of any school colors, especially if they are yellow and blue, then they are a very defiant shade of yellow and blue, carries a small pile of manga and comic books that the school never tell kids they actually have, and his buddy Romeo, who's long black hair horribly conflicts with his sweatervest, carries the book they actually needed for the English assignment. The two stop and stare at the two nerds having their chess battle, and utterly drawn in by how invested they are sit down to watch.

While Romeo watches with rapt attention, Justin sits next to Dave, pestering him with "You should use the Horse."

happyturtle
2013-05-06, 03:11 PM
Detention

Charity Evans is in detention... again... for protesting the JROTC (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jrotc) drill. By throwing paint on their uniforms. Other offenses include swearing at teachers, smoking pot behind the school with Needs, and skipping class to make out with boys.

She has her feet propped up on the seat in front of her, and is idly sketching the other students. School is soooo lame. :smallannoyed:

Lost_Deep
2013-05-06, 03:24 PM
Detention

Vrivecka is put in the detention room now. She looks upset about it, which is unusual... usually she's indifferent to smug. She sits down with a huff, and pulls out her own sketchbook.

If charity pays attention, she'll notice that the sketchbook is... lovecraft-themed.

happyturtle
2013-05-06, 03:26 PM
Detention

"What did you get busted for?" Charity asks.

Lady Serpentine
2013-05-06, 03:36 PM
[Library]

Karyana (http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/5222/tek518814c0cd24c8641977.png) slips off the table she was sitting on, setting her book down where she was, and walks over to Carrie, gently laying a hand between her wings when she gets there.

"I'm thinking we might want to move... Getting awfully loud in here for a library, after all," she says softly, smiling at her friend. "Seems like it would actually be easier to just compose in traffic on the way home, even."

Edit: ((Fixed Karyana's appearance, since I forgot to include stuff...)

Lord Magtok
2013-05-06, 03:37 PM
Hallways

Magtok leans in front of his locker, quietly mumbling profanities to himself. He doesn't know what he was thinking, trying to upgrade the lock on his locker. A simple three-number combination was fine, he didn't need a high security quadruple-digit lock with attached retina-scanner, fingerprint-reader, and seven digit passcode (GODLARK) with a timer set to trigger a silent alarm if anyone took more than three minutes with any of the above. It probably didn't help that the 'silent' alarm was so high-pitched that only dogs and cyborgs can hear it, either. Yep, this definitely wasn't one of Maggy's better ideas.

"Raptor Christ, finally..."

At least the locker is open now, though. Magtok shoves some books in, takes some out, and takes a moment to rest his head. That obnoxious alarm really took a lot out of him. He'd have the unholy thing uninstalled, but that'd probably just trigger the alarm all over again, would it?

Lost_Deep
2013-05-06, 03:42 PM
Detention

"Surprise locker check. I had accidentally left my 'home' sketchbook in there and... they didn't approve." She does not mention what was in it. "Wouldn't be so bad if they didn't confiscate it. I guess I should be happy they're not allowed to burn things on school grounds."

FireFox
2013-05-06, 03:45 PM
Hallways

A new transfer student arrives, wearing the uniform (http://layersandswathes.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/article-1169133-0464c5df000005dc-604_468x337.jpg) from his previous school and a dour Scowl. There are already a few rumors about him. His family is obscenely rich, his IQ is above genius level, he was expelled from his last school for murdering another student. But the only thing that can be said with any degree of certainty is his name: Tobias Goswell. He stops by the cyborg's locker to stare at the upgraded security system.

Beans
2013-05-06, 03:48 PM
[Library]

Karyana (http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/5222/tek518814c0cd24c8641977.png) slips off the table she was sitting on, setting her book down where she was, and walks over to Carrie, gently laying a hand between her wings when she gets there.

"I'm thinking we might want to move... Getting awfully loud in here for a library, after all," she says softly, smiling at her friend. "Seems like it would actually be easier to just compose in traffic on the way home, even."

Edit: ((Fixed Karyana's appearance, since I forgot to include stuff...)
Meeping softly, Carrie saves and shuts down her laptop, slipping it into her bag as she turns with a weak smile to her friend and, depending who you asked, her lookalike.
Guess so, yeah... She quietly stands, wings folding tight to her back as she puts her bag back on and starts for the exit.

Lord Magtok
2013-05-06, 03:56 PM
Hallways

"What's with the suit? You going to a funeral or somethi-"

Aaaaugh, it's potentially murderous new guy! And Magtok just said the worst possible thing he could if the murder rumors are true! He does a quick double-take, before cringing in terror. Shooooot! :smalleek:

FireFox
2013-05-06, 04:03 PM
Hallways

What's with the lock? Afraid someone will steal your calculus notes? His accent is so posh it has its own servants. Hmmm... does that open from the inside? His grumpy look turns into amusement at Magtok's cringing.

Slii Arhem
2013-05-06, 04:08 PM
Detention

"Surprise locker check. I had accidentally left my 'home' sketchbook in there and... they didn't approve." She does not mention what was in it. "Wouldn't be so bad if they didn't confiscate it. I guess I should be happy they're not allowed to burn things on school grounds."

Detention

A third face not often, or probably not often enough, seen in the detention room leans over the desk behind Vrivecka and toys with a strand of wavy blue-blonde hair, "Oh, you two are artists then? That's totally cool. I just got sent here because of another stupid dress code violation." Misha plucks at the frumpy grey shapeless hoodie and sweat pants that the faculty made her put on over her usually immodest attire. The rumored nudist wasn't often sent home or punished for her bikini tops and indecent skirts, but when a teacher was having a bad day she was an easy target to find and rant at about propriety.

Not the least because she favored yellows and blues that made her stand out in a crowd, or her uncommonly well developed looks even for a senior student. As airheaded and friendly as she could be, she wasn't exactly social. The rumors of promiscuity and weirdness kept most other girls from approaching her, and guys only ever came up to her with an ulterior motive.

Lady Serpentine
2013-05-06, 04:10 PM
Meeping softly, Carrie saves and shuts down her laptop, slipping it into her bag as she turns with a weak smile to her friend and, depending who you asked, her lookalike.
Guess so, yeah... She quietly stands, wings folding tight to her back as she puts her bag back on and starts for the exit.

"Where to, then?", Karyana asks quietly, reaching over to take her friend's hand as they go. "Other than someplace quiet, I guess... That's kinda broad, after all. House?"

She shrugs, not really caring, but wanting to have somewhere picked out so she knows what they're doing, and to keep anything from distracting them on the way....

Hattish Thing
2013-05-06, 04:12 PM
Hallways

I always wondered how some of my characters would be at a younger age. Clegg walks through The Hallways, much younger, but still looking far too mature for his age. There are dark circles in his eyes from studying late into the night. He wears a frighteningly clean uniform, white dress shirt, black pants, navy vest, and black tie. He's kind of a dorky looking student. He walks with a cane, and a limp. He has metal rings around his thigh and knee, to help straighten the twisted bone he got at birth. He's a weird kid, pale and tall. Far too mature for his age. His dark brown hair is gelled back, and his gray eyes glare at the two obsessing over Magtok's lock. What have you done now? Tinkering with your lock again? I don't believe your lock coincides with regulations...

Beans
2013-05-06, 04:15 PM
[Library > Halls]
Carrie blushes madly; very few people other than her mothers could touch her without her shying away, and even though Karyana's her best friend she still feels a little squirmy with her hand being held.
Um, well, I guess, once school's out and all... but, um, I have no idea about right now.

Lord Magtok
2013-05-06, 04:21 PM
Hallways

"W-what lock?" Magtok asks with a fright, as he rips something shiny right off of his locker's exterior. An incredibly high-pitched sound that only dogs and robots can hear follows, causing him to wince in agony, but at least the locker looks exactly like it's supposed to now, right?

"Looks exactly like a regulation locker to me."

Oh Maggy, you are just the worst at lying. Can't you just accept that you're in trouble with some measure of dignity? Hiding a retina scanner behind your back really isn't going to convince anyone of anything, you know.

Lady Serpentine
2013-05-06, 04:33 PM
[Halls]

Karyana blushes a bit as well, having forgotten Carrie doesn't like to be touched, and lets go of her hand, smiling apologetically.

"Umm... I dunno, courtyard out back, maybe? That should be quiet; it's usually pretty empty this time of day. Or building three's got a pretty cool attic with an outlet in it, and it's right over the computer lab so you'd still get internet if you needed to look anything up?"

FireFox
2013-05-06, 04:34 PM
Hallways

Oh good, so this... institution does have regulations after all. I was beginning to worry. Tobias remarks to no one in particular.

Hattish Thing
2013-05-06, 04:46 PM
Hallways

"W-what lock?" Magtok asks with a fright, as he rips something shiny right off of his locker's exterior. An incredibly high-pitched sound that only dogs and robots can hear follows, causing him to wince in agony, but at least the locker looks exactly like it's supposed to now, right?

"Looks exactly like a regulation locker to me."

Oh Maggy, you are just the worst at lying. Can't you just accept that you're in trouble with some measure of dignity? Hiding a retina scanner behind your back really isn't going to convince anyone of anything, you know.

Clegg's eyes slit and he growls angrily at Magtok. The limping young man moves closer, slowly albeit. Clegg's leg is still under mend at this age, but he could stand and walk with it for brief amounts of time due to the metal rings keeping his leg functioning. His cane helps him move. It would be pretty easy to snap the cane from under him. He glares and speaks. You're pathetic. What are you hiding in their? Sneaking around? Principal Sirtch would probably not approve. Eh? You lie... Snake. He'll then merely throw his wooden cane up and attempt to bat Magtok's left arm into dropping the lock.

He looks at Tobias, enjoying the man's accent, crisp. Royal. Yes, we do have regulations. I do wish they were stricter. Take a note from me, and abide them. Punishment can be severe.

Felandria
2013-05-06, 04:47 PM
Gymnasium

Felandria heads out to the court for volleyball practice, she takes her place at the net in the center.

She had been named captain at the beginning of the year and took the responsibility seriously.

Come on, girls we have to get to work, we're facing our rivals in three days, we have to be ready.

Beans
2013-05-06, 04:51 PM
[Halls]

Karyana blushes a bit as well, having forgotten Carrie doesn't like to be touched, and lets go of her hand, smiling apologetically.

"Umm... I dunno, courtyard out back, maybe? That should be quiet; it's usually pretty empty this time of day. Or building three's got a pretty cool attic with an outlet in it, and it's right over the computer lab so you'd still get internet if you needed to look anything up?"
The shy, winged girl nods, hands fidgeting. Oh, um... sure, that's a good idea, let's head for the attic...

Lady Serpentine
2013-05-06, 05:00 PM
The shy, winged girl nods, hands fidgeting. Oh, um... sure, that's a good idea, let's head for the attic...

The other shy winged girl nods, and, without further ado, sets off for an old service entrance at the back of building three, one that looks as though it hasn't been used regularly since about the time that the school was first built.

Morcleon
2013-05-06, 05:04 PM
Gymnasium

Felandria heads out to the court for volleyball practice, she takes her place at the net in the center.

She had been named captain at the beginning of the year and took the responsibility seriously.

Come on, girls we have to get to work, we're facing our rivals in three days, we have to be ready.

Gymnasium

"Yes ma'am!" A white haired girl shouts out enthusiastically at their new captain. Yuki stretches her arms up and smirks over at Felandria. "Alright then. What do we start with, oh captain my captain?"

((...yes, it is fem!Sonozaki Yuki... >.>))

Beans
2013-05-06, 05:17 PM
The other shy winged girl nods, and, without further ado, sets off for an old service entrance at the back of building three, one that looks as though it hasn't been used regularly since about the time that the school was first built.
[Building Three]
Heading in with her friend, Carrie looks around. She likes old, abandoned places. They're somehow very welcoming, perhaps because they tend to be quiet and not crowded, where everyone brushes against you and sometimes you can feel your skin on theirs and it's all you can do to keep yourself from making a noise.

Gullara
2013-05-06, 05:22 PM
[Hallways]

Sakura hurries down the hall a best she can in her green dress and with a pile of books held over her stomach. "Hey Cessie! You got your bio homework done, right?" A young dryad stops suddenly before the other girl at her locker. She struggles to maneuver her hands to get her own locker open.

The dryad's difficulty getting around is compounded by the fact she's pregnant enough that she couldn't hide her belly if she tried. There are all sorts of rumours about it. Some say she has a boyfriend in another school or the next town over, and that he can't visit much or he ran out on her. Others say she's just a slut and has been sleeping around with any number of potential fathers. Kal perhaps? Or maybe Kirk? There are a couple desperate individuals that claim they "got with that"; she did get plenty of male attention before they were driven off by her current state. It's all very distressing for the dryad, as Cessie knows, but she manages to stay cheerful from day to day.

Lady Serpentine
2013-05-06, 05:42 PM
[Building Three]

The attic is somewhat dark, lit only by a single high-set window, and rather dusty, with cobwebs trailing throughout it, but also filled with all kinds of interesting junk, including quite a few candles set up in one section.

"So... What do you think?", Karyana asks, sounding somewhat nervous. "I mean, I know it could probably use some cleaning, but..."

((All in all, it looks much like the attic from Neverending Story.))

Beans
2013-05-06, 05:58 PM
[Building Three]
Carrie smiles softly, her wings gently wafting some of the dust way from the area with the outlet as she plugs her computer in.

Lord Magtok
2013-05-06, 05:59 PM
Hallways

Magtok's left arm doesn't so much as flinch when hit, oddly enough. He pockets something, and then closes his locker as he turns to leave.

"If you really want to know, get a warrant, Clegg. Until then, shove off."

Maggy really has no idea how school rules work, does he? Hopefully he'll have time to go back to the locker and empty it out before Clegg gets the combination off of a school admin, or convinces one to search the locker themselves for whatever Mag might be hiding.

FireFox
2013-05-06, 06:02 PM
Hallway

I certainly don't want to be punished. Unfortunately, as you may already know, I am new to this school. I would be most grateful if you could tell me a bit about the regulations. Tobias smiles. For instance, what is the punishment for striking another student?

Lady Serpentine
2013-05-06, 06:05 PM
[Building Three]

Karyana quietly settles in nearby, wings wrapping around herself as she starts to read again, apparently intending to simply sit here until Carrie's done with her paper.

The Bushranger
2013-05-06, 06:10 PM
Gymnasium

"Don't worry, we could take them with one hand tied behind our back." Patty grins, the raven-haired girl stretching to limber up before practice starts. Her reputation was mixed; some whispered she was the third-worst in the school when it came to 'propriety'...while others envied her for her firmly curvaceous figure and comfortable air. She always dressed modestly enough - except at PE, where the volleyball team outfit showcased her well-tanned figure.

[Locker Room]

Meanwhile, a very short, red-haired figure rushed through the locker room, not paying attention to the path ahead even as she moved so fast some swore she blurred. "Sorry! Excuse me! Coming through! I'm gonna be laaaaaaaaaaate!" Dani wailed, the hyperactive girl desperately trying to reach cheerleading practice before getting dinged for spending too much time in the cafeteria. Again!

Lost_Deep
2013-05-06, 06:19 PM
Lunchroom

Over lunch, the Kyland sisters always sit together with their matching lunchboxes full of lovingly hand-made lunch. Kate, the older one, is quiet. She doesn't have any friends in school, she goes to her classes, and she goes home, and that's it. No extracurricular activities, no nothing. As far as the rumor mill is concerned, she does not exist.

Copi, her younger sister, is more notable. She's only a bit younger than Kate, but has surpassed her sibling academically in every way. Half the time you can't even find her at the school because she's taking university classes. The rumor mill doesn't say anything about her, either, apart from the fact that maybe her attendance record is TOO perfect?

Reinholdt
2013-05-06, 06:33 PM
Hallways

Standing behind a small table located near the cafeteria is a clean cut boy wearing, of all things, a suit and tie. A full Sunday best, looking quite professional. Beyond that he's moderately tall and almost a little lanky.

Currently he's busy handing out fliers to whoever will take them, advertising volunteering at the old folks home this coming Saturday as part of the R.E.L.I.E.V. club (Really Encouraging Life Improvements Ensuring Vitality).

Anyone can come up with a better acronym if they wish and throw it my way. Oddly enough, I knew a kid in High School who actually did wear suit and tie to school most days.

Ashen Lilies
2013-05-06, 06:34 PM
[Detention]

"That's the establishment for you. See any trace of individuality and they just step on it." Says a smooth, accented voice from near the back of the room. "It offends them, yeah? 'Cause they can't control it. Well **** 'em. We got our own little party right in here, huh?"

The source of the voice is of course our lovable almost permanent resident of the detention hall, Kal. The tall, lanky 19-year old Senior lounges insolently at a back desk, feet propped up on the tabletop as he lazily bounces a small rubber ball off the floor, wall and ceiling back into his hand with intense precision. He pauses briefly to flick a loose strand of his red hair out of his eyes with a brown finger, grinning conspiratorially at everyone else in the room and giving them an amber-eyed stare as he continues sending the ball on its chaotic orbit around his corner of the room. He's no longer dressed in his swanky black jacket, no, that hanging limp off the back of his chair, but he still cuts quite a sharp figure in his silky red shirt, unbuttoned to reveal the sharktooth-and-red-feather pendant hanging over his chest.

There's no doubt he's a figure of much whisper and rumor at Nexus High. I mean, there's the promiscuity, sure. Who knows how many women and... uh... not-women he's gotten into the pants of in and out of school. But personal, ehm, 'charm' aside, there's also the subject of his Family. No one knows what they do for certain, not really. But there's a lot of them, you probably don't want to cross them, and they sure as hell aren't all of them properly related.

Beans
2013-05-06, 06:39 PM
[Building Three]

Karyana quietly settles in nearby, wings wrapping around herself as she starts to read again, apparently intending to simply sit here until Carrie's done with her paper.
Carrie finds Karyana's devotion simultaneously heartwarming and slightly baffling, but she's given up on asking her about it.
Eventually she closes her laptop and packs it up again.
Well, that's done... what do we do now?

Shadowcaller
2013-05-06, 08:36 PM
[Hallways]

Sakura hurries down the hall a best she can in her green dress and with a pile of books held over her stomach. "Hey Cessie! You got your bio homework done, right?" A young dryad stops suddenly before the other girl at her locker. She struggles to maneuver her hands to get her own locker open.

The dryad's difficulty getting around is compounded by the fact she's pregnant enough that she couldn't hide her belly if she tried. There are all sorts of rumours about it. Some say she has a boyfriend in another school or the next town over, and that he can't visit much or he ran out on her. Others say she's just a slut and has been sleeping around with any number of potential fathers. Kal perhaps? Or maybe Kirk? There are a couple desperate individuals that claim they "got with that"; she did get plenty of male attention before they were driven off by her current state. It's all very distressing for the dryad, as Cessie knows, but she manages to stay cheerful from day to day.

[Hallways]

The young students eyes can't help but to be drawn to her friends baby bulge, no matter how many times she'd seen it before. It was just so wrong, so improper that she couldn't quite get over it despite the fact she was the one supposed to support Sakura right now.

"I did." Look away Cessie, her face is up there. She meets the dryads eyes. "You didn't have any problems with it did you?" Biology was Sakura's best subject after all.

Gullara
2013-05-06, 08:55 PM
[Hallways]

"Nope! It was pretty easy actually. I finished it right after schoo-" Sakura cuts off when her pile of books slips and most of it tumbles to the floor. She tries to catch them, but she only manages to clutch a few against her chest. The dryad draws a heavy sigh and starts to carefully lower herself to her knees to pick them up.

Artemis97
2013-05-06, 09:09 PM
[Lunchroom]

A drow sat, rather improperly, on one of the tables in the Cafeteria, propping a foot up on one of the chairs, a guitar cradled in his hands. He had a pencil stuck between his teeth and, every once in a while, after playing a few chords, he would remove it and jot down something in a notebook.

The dark-skinned elf wore his white hair long, tied back in a loose ponytail. He was dressed in a blue shirt, one of those puffy kind with ruffles, along with a pair of black pants which some might consider to be distressingly tight, and a set of high black boots. The effect made him look like he stepped off the stage of a Shakespeare play, which was probably the case.

Raril Xar'Cha, Junior, was a rising member of the school's drama club and played guitar for the Jazz band. He also fronted a heavy metal garage band after school. Rumor had it that his music was a bit... off and did strange things to the listeners' minds. Most would know of his younger brother, Sszinyon, a freshman who'd just made the Varsity football team.

Morcleon
2013-05-06, 09:10 PM
Gymnasium

"Don't worry, we could take them with one hand tied behind our back." Patty grins, the raven-haired girl stretching to limber up before practice starts. Her reputation was mixed; some whispered she was the third-worst in the school when it came to 'propriety'...while others envied her for her firmly curvaceous figure and comfortable air. She always dressed modestly enough - except at PE, where the volleyball team outfit showcased her well-tanned figure.

[Gymnasium]

Yuki rolls her eyes at Patty, sticking out her tongue at the other girl and beginning the stretching process as well. "Yeah, get any more overconfident and we could just intimidate the other team into losing."

Some thought she was albino. She never said anything about this, but she never denied it either. While her figure certainly wasn't bad, the paleness would sometimes drive people away. In spite of (or maybe because of) this, Yuki had an interesting reputation of being very flirty and spontaneous, but entirely unwilling to commit to anything major. She enjoyed dressing in curious and esoteric outfits and, while her volleyball uniform couldn't really be modified without a serious chewing out, she did keep a large violet ribbon in her hair, tying in back into a ponytail.

Lost_Deep
2013-05-06, 09:21 PM
Lunchroom

Kate won't really care, but Copi will give Raril a glance or two. She wonders what he's doing... writing a song? That seems to be it. He might notice her interest, as she's not trying to hide it.

Gullara
2013-05-06, 09:23 PM
Hallways

Magtok's left arm doesn't so much as flinch when hit, oddly enough. He pockets something, and then closes his locker as he turns to leave.

"If you really want to know, get a warrant, Clegg. Until then, shove off."

Maggy really has no idea how school rules work, does he? Hopefully he'll have time to go back to the locker and empty it out before Clegg gets the combination off of a school admin, or convinces one to search the locker themselves for whatever Mag might be hiding.

Hallway

I certainly don't want to be punished. Unfortunately, as you may already know, I am new to this school. I would be most grateful if you could tell me a bit about the regulations. Tobias smiles. For instance, what is the punishment for striking another student?

Hallway

At this present time, and rather close behind Maggy, Mimi is shoving her latest F test into her locker. Stupid english teacher is such a stupid jerk. So what if she only wrote a half a page on that paper. Papers are dumb anyway.

The Bushranger
2013-05-06, 09:29 PM
Hallways

Standing behind a small table located near the cafeteria is a clean cut boy wearing, of all things, a suit and tie. A full Sunday best, looking quite professional. Beyond that he's moderately tall and almost a little lanky.

Currently he's busy handing out fliers to whoever will take them, advertising volunteering at the old folks home this coming Saturday as part of the R.E.L.I.E.V. club (Really Encouraging Life Improvements Ensuring Vitality).

Anyone can come up with a better acronym if they wish and throw it my way. Oddly enough, I knew a kid in High School who actually did wear suit and tie to school most days.

Rapidly approaching is a small, redheaded blur, dodging one table, vaulting over another, maneuvering around a...

...oh, hey, the Goth girl seated in the chair she was maneuvering around just stuck out her leg, perfectly tripping the passing Dani. Who does a magnificent impression of a hummingbird as she flails, tumbling, directly torwards Flyer Boy's table and the well-suited young man himself!

Oh dear.

Artemis97
2013-05-06, 09:32 PM
[Lunchroom]

Raril does notice Copi's attention and grins at her. The effect of his usually pleasant smile is somewhat lessened by the fact that he still has the pencil between his teeth. He stops messing around with chords, then, and plays through the song as he has it so far. It's a little rough, but full of strong chords that would draw out a reaction from the listener.

Lord Magtok
2013-05-06, 09:36 PM
Hallway

At this present time, and rather close behind Maggy, Mimi is shoving her latest F test into her locker. Stupid english teacher is such a stupid jerk. So what if she only wrote a half a page on that paper. Papers are dumb anyway.

Hallways

Magtok's liable to back up right into Mimi, then. He's not watching where he's going, suddenly very engrossed in the idea of Clegg being in trouble for laying his hand on another student. That would definitely be something, wouldn't it? The hall monitor finally getting sent to detention for overzealousness, trapped with all the people he'd sent there time and time again.

Lost_Deep
2013-05-06, 09:36 PM
Lunchroom

Copi listens, and Kate also takes note. After hearing it, Copi asks, curiously, "Is it going to have lyrics? I'm not quite sure what to make of it as is."

Reinholdt
2013-05-06, 09:37 PM
Hallways

Well that's not very nice. =x
Flyer boy has no particular means to stop Dani from crashing into the table and knocking him and everything over, though he does at least attempt to reach out over the table and catch her.

Beans
2013-05-06, 09:48 PM
[Hallway - Lockers]
Neca dumps her stuff into her backpack, feeling drained, scooped-out.
Figures the day after the school nurse made her drop out of the JROTC she'd come to watch her friends drill and get paint thrown on them by that Evans girl.
She still hasn't told her mother they made her drop out, and if she tells her about the local bad grrl's little protest... well, she'd rather think about something else now.
Like her leg hurting.
She starts making her way to the nurse's office for her meds.
Again.

Gullara
2013-05-06, 09:49 PM
[Hallways]

"Hey!" The thin, but certainly not wispy, fey shouts as Magtok bumps into her. She may not be big, but when she tries to grab Maggy and shove him into the locker, he'll find that she's a lot stronger than her size would normally dictate. Of course, he might recognize her as one of the star players of all the school's most violent sports. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Oh, and she's angry.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-06, 09:59 PM
Hallway

Jace, Junior, is at his locker, stowing his saxophone case, which takes up a large portion of his already small storage space. He's dressed in jeans and that blue hoodie he always wears.
After this he'll probably be going to do what he usually does: continue to blow off any and all of his homework so he can do it frantically the period before, hand in his piecemeal sheet, and still somehow get a B. After that he'd probably have to go fetch Zebes from detention. He'd been caught trying to put games on the school computers, and not even his "brother's" testimony could get him out of it this time. Jace always found it funny that despite being almost a foot and a half taller, with completely different eyes, hair, and mannerisms, people couldn't technically prove they weren't related.
He absentmindedly thinks on how few friends the two of them have. Oh well, thinking about depressing things is stupid. It might make you depressed! With a snap, Jace shuts his locker and turns to head off...

---

Detention

Meanwhile, Zebes, one blond-haired, gold eyed, and very short Freshman, is asleep during detention. Again. This could end badly.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-05-06, 10:08 PM
[Detention]

A chuckle comes from the lovely lips of the girl seated against the wall. She looked like she was sleeping, but her laughter reveals that she wasn't. She opens her hazel eyes to look at Kal, a wide grin on her face. She brings up a hand to shove her bleached bangs out of her face.

A party, huh? I like the way you think.

Ivaz's reputation was almost as big as Kal's, and for some of the same reasons.

Course, we'd need a few more things...who wants to make a snack run?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Lunchroom]

A girl with short, white hair and grey eyes sits at a table, nursing a Mountain Dew and half listening to the guitar music. It was good, she'd admit that. There's a creak of her leather jacket as Zel leans back a little, taking this time to relax as much as she could.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Library]

A thin, brown haired, green eyed girl carries a stack of books to a table, setting them down next to a tan canvas shoulder bag. Alysha takes the one from the top, a book about the connections between worlds by a man named Ansem.

BladeofObliviom
2013-05-06, 10:12 PM
[Hallways]

There's one more member of the less-than-stellar youth strolling through the halls of Nexus High today, and miraculously not in detention, either! Seems like he's been a good boy for once.

This version of Cyrus is rather different from the one in Nexus Prime, to say the least: He's hardly the surprisingly charismatic madman seen there, and he doesn't tend to show off his magical prowess when it's not actually useful. Nor does he kill or maim people. That's kind of a big no-no in High School, after all.

Here, he's just a lanky, tall Junior with short red hair, brown eyes, and one of those lucky faces that never seems to sprout more than one or two fairly small zits at any given time. He's definitely picked up a reputation as a troublemaker, but he's not always bad news. He's also that guy whom most of the teachers swear would be a straight-A student if he put in any effort whatsoever, but just doesn't care enough to.

As is, he actually does get an A in his elective Magic class and Math, for some reason, but gets B's everywhere else.

At any rate, Cyrus is wandering the halls! And also watching Maggy get shoved around by a girl half of his size with faint bemusement. He's kind of mean like that.

The Bushranger
2013-05-06, 10:15 PM
Hallways

Well that's not very nice. =x
Flyer boy has no particular means to stop Dani from crashing into the table and knocking him and everything over, though he does at least attempt to reach out over the table and catch her.

Becky smirks at the scene she caused, then turns to slip away.

Dani, meanwhile, has an expression of pure panic on her face! As she's probably caught!
"Ohmigawds I'm sorry I'm so sorry I didn't mean to I tripped and couldn't help it can I help you clean up please it'll only take a minute but then I have to run 'cause it's cheerleading practice and I'm gonna be laaaaaaaaaaate!"

Yes.
All of this comes out in one breath.

Artemis97
2013-05-06, 10:17 PM
[Lunchroom]

Raril nods and finally pulls the pencil out of his mouth, frowning at the realization that he's been chewing on it the whole time. Wasn't that attractive? Oh well. The drow shrugs it off and closes the writing utensil up in his notebook before responding to Copi. "Eventually. I have to find the right words. Need a decent melody too. But the baseline is there. A good foundation on which I can build. Did you like it so far, though?" He asks, a bit of uncertainty showing on his face.

Beans
2013-05-06, 10:20 PM
[Hallways]
Coming back from the nurse's office, Neca sighs. Pantheology to study for, Bio test next week... could stuff maybe just stop happening for a while?
That'd be nice.
Head down, she doesn't really notice where she's going, still favoring her leg a little.

Lord Magtok
2013-05-06, 10:41 PM
[Hallways]

"Hey!" The thin, but certainly not wispy, fey shouts as Magtok bumps into her. She may not be big, but when she tries to grab Maggy and shove him into the locker, he'll find that she's a lot stronger than her size would normally dictate. Of course, he might recognize her as one of the star players of all the school's most violent sports. "What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Oh, and she's angry.

"Oh ****. I didn't mean to, I wasn't looking where I was going, I-"

Oh crap he's about to get beaten up by a girl.

"Clegg! Cleeeeeeegg!"

You're wasting your breath, cyborg. There's not a snowball's chance in hell he's going to notice you after what you said to him, Maggy. Something about getting a warrant before he can do anything to enforce the rules, if I remember correctly?

The Bushranger
2013-05-06, 10:49 PM
[Lunchroom]

"Mind if I join you?"
Zel might well find herself addressed by someone she might recognise as being one of the star ballplayers, his white hair and green eyes marking him as John O'Connell.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-05-06, 10:57 PM
[Lunchroom]

Now, this version of Zel was different from Nexus Prime Zel. And these differences stem from the fact that this Zel hasn't had nearly as many events in her life as Nexus Prime Zel. She hasn't become an Abyssal Exalted yet. Hasn't been possessed by demonic jewelry. Hasn't run away from the orphanage and lived on the streets. Hasn't signed up for a military project that would increase her powers and give her lots of mental and emotional scarring.

Hasn't had the man she loved die in her arms yet.

So, while both Zels may be a little anti-social, this one's reason for that is fairly simple. Her life as an orphan so far has made her kind of shy around others.

Oh, um, sure. Yeah. I mean, no. I don't mind. She gives a small, nervous smile.

Gullara
2013-05-06, 11:16 PM
[Hallways => Women's Room]

"Shut it." Mimi's in no mood for his shouting. She's feeling like causing some bodily harm right now, and Maggy offered himself up on a silver platter. She grabs hold of the front of his dres- shirt and start to drag him along toward... the women's room? If he doesn't come up with some clever means of escape, she'll kick the women's room door open and drag him toward the stalls. :smalleek:

Deathkeeper
2013-05-06, 11:16 PM
[Hallways]
Coming back from the nurse's office, Neca sighs. Pantheology to study for, Bio test next week... could stuff maybe just stop happening for a while?
That'd be nice.
Head down, she doesn't really notice where she's going, still favoring her leg a little.

Hallways
Jace, still watching his locker as he closes the door, turns and almost walks straight into Neca, reacting just fast enough to weave out of the way, resulting in only a small bump instead of a full-on collision.
"Sorry!" he says, back now against the lockers.

The Bushranger
2013-05-06, 11:21 PM
[Lunchroom]

And likewise, this version of John, aka BR, hasn't had all of his emotional baggage loaded down on him. So he's a bit shy despite his sports prowess, but doesn't have 'me against the world' moments.

And the smile is returned, as he takes a seat. "Thanks. Say, what was that you're reading?" he asks, seeking to start a conversation and blushing just a little.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-05-06, 11:23 PM
[Lunchroom]

Um... Zel looks to the empty expanse of table in front of her for a moment, then back to John, slightly confused now. She glances at the bottle in her hand, then raises it a little.

The ingredients of Mountain Dew?

Beans
2013-05-06, 11:24 PM
Hallways
Jace, still watching his locker as he closes the door, turns and almost walks straight into Neca, reacting just fast enough to weave out of the way, resulting in only a small bump instead of a full-on collision.
"Sorry!" he says, back now against the lockers.
The blue-and-green-haired girl winces, stumbling to the other side.
Watch where you're---I mean...
'S fine, whatever.
She sighs, turning to keep going.

Lord Magtok
2013-05-06, 11:29 PM
[Hallways]

"Shut it." Mimi's in no mood for his shouting. She's feeling like causing some bodily harm right now, and Maggy offered himself up on a silver platter. She grabs hold of the front of his dres- shirt and start to drag him along toward... the women's room? If he doesn't come up with some clever means of escape, she'll kick the women's room door open and drag him toward the stalls. :smalleek:

It's not a dress, it's a ro-

Oh wait, it's not a robe in this setting, either. Huh. So yeah, I guess it's a shirt this time around. A perfectly ordinary purple shirt that's just been dragged into the women's room along with its terrified owner.

"Aaaaaaaaagh!"

It's probably a good thing that Magtok doesn't hit girls. I mean, this one looks like she wouldn't even feel it if he tried, and she's already mad enough as is, isn't she? Those scrawny little cyborg arms couldn't hurt a fly.

OrchestraHc
2013-05-06, 11:30 PM
[Lunch Room]

Rabbit-eared and footed Thelonious Greyfoot, fencing club member, currently has the majority of a table set up for himself. A variety of sandwiches, pies, fruits, slices of pizza, and dozens of little juice cartons cover a vast surface of the cafeteria table, while Thel himself is rather preoccupied with making cover disappear. Thel is mostly known for two things, the first is his appetite, the second is that he is old money, with a coat of arms and everything, which is how he affords the "meals of a champion" he so frequently enjoys. Neither of these are about how great a fencer he is, so he has no idea there's talk about his family or jokes about his appetite.

That food is going fast and he's not slowing down.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-06, 11:35 PM
The blue-and-green-haired girl winces, stumbling to the other side.
Watch where you're---I mean...
'S fine, whatever.
She sighs, turning to keep going.

Hallways

Jace ignores the near-hypocrisy of the first part of that. He looks at her, curious.
"Hey, are you okay? Generally trudging down the hall with your head down isn't positive behavior."
He might not have Zebes' pernicious attitude, but he shares his sarcasm.
Speaking of which...
---

Detention

Zebes starts awake. He has heard speak of food!
"Huh? What? Snacks? Did I hear snacks?"
Kind of weird for someone his size to have a trigger like that, but he's a pretty weird kid to begin with.

The Bushranger
2013-05-06, 11:42 PM
[Lunchroom]

Um... Zel looks to the empty expanse of table in front of her for a moment, then back to John, slightly confused now. She glances at the bottle in her hand, then raises it a little.

The ingredients of Mountain Dew?

((Ah, I misread slightly and had a brain burp. :smalleek:))

"...are you sure you want to know what's in there? Besides 120% caffination," John observes, looking slightly embarassed at his faux pas!

Gullara
2013-05-06, 11:43 PM
[Women's Room]

Mimi pays no mind to the screaming boy. She drags him across the bathroom, kicks open a stall, and shoves him inside. He won't have a moment longer to protest before she practically flips him upside down to stick his head in the toilet. "Don't ever run into me again, got it?!" She yells.

Beans
2013-05-06, 11:44 PM
Hallways

Jace ignores the near-hypocrisy of the first part of that. He looks at her, curious.
"Hey, are you okay? Generally trudging down the hall with your head down isn't positive behavior."
He might not have Zebes' pernicious attitude, but he shares his sarcasm.
Fine. Just waiting for my meds to kick in.
She lightly taps her leg and winces, wondering if he knows. Was he there the day of the accident, did someone tell him?
Or maybe he just has no idea.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-05-06, 11:46 PM
[Lunchroom]

Zel grins a little and chuckles.

Um, my name's Zel, by the way.

Hattish Thing
2013-05-06, 11:50 PM
Hallway

Clegg moves back, limping.. timing and measuring the exact distance. His locker was right by Magtok's, and the lock was off, on the floor. Clegg had been stopping by. New? Oh yes. I've heard rumors, you're the talk of the school. Now... Don't be a troublemaker, understand? I'm Mr. Sirtch's favorite, so respect me. I enforce rules around here, order. Law. So, sir, listen closely. Striking a student? The punishments would be... severe.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-06, 11:51 PM
Hallways

Well, you see, like his player, Jace is very bad at remembering people and names. Plus he's mostly a part of the Somewhat Nerdy advanced student crowd, so unless it was so huge that even those folks are gossiping about it, he's not aware of it.
"Oh, um, sorry then. I didn't..."
He appears to be having trouble finding the words.

Beans
2013-05-06, 11:55 PM
[Hallways]
It's fine.
She shakes her head, feeling... very little. She should be mad or upset but she's just really, really tired. All she wants is to stop.
Turning again, she goes to leave.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-07, 12:03 AM
Hallways

Jace recognizes the tired look, but he's not really sure what he can do.
"Okay. See you around, then."
And only after that does he realize he still has no idea who that was.

The Bushranger
2013-05-07, 12:10 AM
[Lunchroom]

Zel grins a little and chuckles.

Um, my name's Zel, by the way.

"John O'Connell," John introduces himself, starting to offer his hand for shaking, then pausing. "Um, I always forget; is it proper for a guy to offer a handshake to a lady?"

KerfuffleMach2
2013-05-07, 12:12 AM
[Lunchroom]

Zel shrugs. Don't know. Never learned any of that.

Since his hand's there, though, she'll go to shake it.

The Bushranger
2013-05-07, 12:40 AM
[Lunchroom]

And shook it is!
"So, ettiquite not your thing?" John asks with a chuckle, before looking down at his MagMeal. "Anything in particular you do like to study, then?"

happyturtle
2013-05-07, 05:38 AM
((Does anyone want to play the unfortunate teacher or staff member who is stuck minding detention? :smallbiggrin:))

Detention

Detention

Detention

A third face not often, or probably not often enough, seen in the detention room leans over the desk behind Vrivecka and toys with a strand of wavy blue-blonde hair, "Oh, you two are artists then? That's totally cool. I just got sent here because of another stupid dress code violation." Misha plucks at the frumpy grey shapeless hoodie and sweat pants that the faculty made her put on over her usually immodest attire. The rumored nudist wasn't often sent home or punished for her bikini tops and indecent skirts, but when a teacher was having a bad day she was an easy target to find and rant at about propriety.

Not the least because she favored yellows and blues that made her stand out in a crowd, or her uncommonly well developed looks even for a senior student. As airheaded and friendly as she could be, she wasn't exactly social. The rumors of promiscuity and weirdness kept most other girls from approaching her, and guys only ever came up to her with an ulterior motive.

[Detention]

"That's the establishment for you. See any trace of individuality and they just step on it." Says a smooth, accented voice from near the back of the room. "It offends them, yeah? 'Cause they can't control it. Well **** 'em. We got our own little party right in here, huh?"

The source of the voice is of course our lovable almost permanent resident of the detention hall, Kal. The tall, lanky 19-year old Senior lounges insolently at a back desk, feet propped up on the tabletop as he lazily bounces a small rubber ball off the floor, wall and ceiling back into his hand with intense precision. He pauses briefly to flick a loose strand of his red hair out of his eyes with a brown finger, grinning conspiratorially at everyone else in the room and giving them an amber-eyed stare as he continues sending the ball on its chaotic orbit around his corner of the room. He's no longer dressed in his swanky black jacket, no, that hanging limp off the back of his chair, but he still cuts quite a sharp figure in his silky red shirt, unbuttoned to reveal the sharktooth-and-red-feather pendant hanging over his chest.

There's no doubt he's a figure of much whisper and rumor at Nexus High. I mean, there's the promiscuity, sure. Who knows how many women and... uh... not-women he's gotten into the pants of in and out of school. But personal, ehm, 'charm' aside, there's also the subject of his Family. No one knows what they do for certain, not really. But there's a lot of them, you probably don't want to cross them, and they sure as hell aren't all of them properly related.

"They took your sketchbook?!" Charity whispers, clearly outraged. "We'll have to break into the office and steal it back for you."

Girl's Bathroom

[Women's Room]

Mimi pays no mind to the screaming boy. She drags him across the bathroom, kicks open a stall, and shoves him inside. He won't have a moment longer to protest before she practically flips him upside down to stick his head in the toilet. "Don't ever run into me again, got it?!" She yells.

Sunny Evans, sister of the infamous Charity, is drying her hands when Mimi bursts in. She couldn't be less like her sister. Rumours say she's autistic, but high functioning enough to be in a mainstream school. She barely speaks to anyone, and her grades in english and history are terrible. She's near the top of the class in maths and science, and regularly wins science fair ribbons.

First, she squeaks in surprise when a boy - a boy! - comes into the girl's room! What if she'd been on the toilet? She never used the stall with the broken latch, but even the stalls that locked had those dreadful gaps between the doors and the cubicle walls that could let someone see into them! She snatches up her books, holding them in front of her protectively.

Then her eyes go even wider as she realizes that the boy is being pushed in by that mean bully Mimi.

What do I do? What do I do?

Cherry would know what to do. She'd make the bullies stop, just like she did when they were mean to Sunny. But Cherry was in detention.

"St-stop it!" Sunny forces herself to say, looking terrified. "You can't do that! It's mean!"

Zefir
2013-05-07, 07:10 AM
Detention

The 'unfortunate teacher' sitting at the front desk lowers his newspaper as voices rise in the room. The old man looks over his glasses. His hair are long time gone so the light reflect from his bald head. Most students can't speak out his name and it's to long for most computer systems so people call him Mr. C.

"SILENCE!" He shouts at the students. "This isn't one of your ****y chatroom things. You are in dention and students in dention keep quiet. Kal! You earned another session for your words."

He takes a note and then returns to read his newspaer. Holding it right in fron of him. He doesn't like to see in the eyes of these kids.

Reinholdt
2013-05-07, 07:19 AM
Hallways

Becky smirks at the scene she caused, then turns to slip away.

Dani, meanwhile, has an expression of pure panic on her face! As she's probably caught!
"Ohmigawds I'm sorry I'm so sorry I didn't mean to I tripped and couldn't help it can I help you clean up please it'll only take a minute but then I have to run 'cause it's cheerleading practice and I'm gonna be laaaaaaaaaaate!"

Yes.
All of this comes out in one breath.

Hallways

"It's ok ma'am." The boy says. A few flyers were scattered, but the table didn't take a hit, so it could be worse. "I'll pick up if you're going to be late ma'am." He says, going to help Dani upright and steady.

"Why don't you take one with you ma'am?" He offers her one of the flyers still on the table.

Lost_Deep
2013-05-07, 08:26 AM
[Lunchroom]

Raril nods and finally pulls the pencil out of his mouth, frowning at the realization that he's been chewing on it the whole time. Wasn't that attractive? Oh well. The drow shrugs it off and closes the writing utensil up in his notebook before responding to Copi. "Eventually. I have to find the right words. Need a decent melody too. But the baseline is there. A good foundation on which I can build. Did you like it so far, though?" He asks, a bit of uncertainty showing on his face.

"As I said, I'm not quite sure. It really depends on how it all comes together as a whole. A lot of songs with very nice baselines, or even just overall good music, are ruined for me if the lyrics don't match." She shrugs. She seems somewhat apologetic, like she would like to tell him it's very nice, but she is instead going to be completely honest.

Detention

Vriveka looks at Mr. C and frowns. They've got a grumpy one today, she should probably whisper so that she doesn't irk him and spend more time with the detention crowd. She's a regular, but she doesn't want to spend every day in here. "Nah, I'll get it back when I go. They don't want it on school grounds, right?" She smiles slightly, knowing that there won't be any real consequences to this. "They'll try to call home, of course, but my mom has so many kids in so many schools that she can't keep straight who all is in trouble on a given day."

Beans
2013-05-07, 08:29 AM
Carrie stands, gingerly patting Karyana's shoulder.
Pat.
Pat pat.
[B]C'mon, let's get to class soon, okay hon?
---
[Hallways]
Neca hears a bit of a commotion from the ladies' room.
She could see what's going on, orrrrrr just... like, not. She doesn't have the urge to actually use the facilities in there, why go?
Wallowing in indecision, she stops.

Ashen Lilies
2013-05-07, 08:32 AM
Clegg moves back, limping.. timing and measuring the exact distance. His locker was right by Magtok's, and the lock was off, on the floor. Clegg had been stopping by. New? Oh yes. I've heard rumors, you're the talk of the school. Now... Don't be a troublemaker, understand? I'm Mr. Sirtch's favorite, so respect me. I enforce rules around here, order. Law. So, sir, listen closely. Striking a student? The punishments would be... severe.

[Hallway]

"Your punishments are stupid, your laws are stupid, and you're stupid. The reason you cling to higher authority for respect is because you yourself are contemptible and have no respectable qualities yourself. My locker is behind you. I need to put my books down. I'm late for volleyball practice."
This series of rather abrupt announcements come, if Clegg and Tobias care to look, from the plucky and very tiny Sophomore standing just near by, having apparently snuck up on them with surprising quiet, considering her burdens. She indeed, it seems, has some books she needs to put down: a rather large stack of them, tall enough to almost hide her from view entirely, as well as a large backpack almost ripping at the seams from the weight of what's inside. More books, no doubt. The girl herself, as mentioned, is tiny, black-haired, not grown into her proper figure yet and rather skinny with it, though clearly strong if her burdens are anything to go by. She stares Clegg down from over the top of her stack of books, dressed in a 2001: A Space Odyssey t-shirt, denim shorts, mismatched socks and large white sneakers. Her right knee is scraped, and in general she carries about her an air of industry mixed with half-contained madness.

The Bushranger
2013-05-07, 08:50 AM
Hallways

"It's ok ma'am." The boy says. A few flyers were scattered, but the table didn't take a hit, so it could be worse. "I'll pick up if you're going to be late ma'am." He says, going to help Dani upright and steady.

"Why don't you take one with you ma'am?" He offers her one of the flyers still on the table.

"Thanks!" Even as she's set upright, the tiny redhead's speech is rapid-fire, as if she were on a perpetual high from high-test chocolate mixed with Mountain Dew and spiked with Red Bull.

And that's before she has her first soda of the day.

"I mean I guess I should watch where I'm going better and I'm so so sorry I ran into you and I can help later to make up for not being able to help now" She breathes, taking one of the fliers. "And sure I'll take the flier thanks!" Smiling beamingly at the young man, she bounces up and tries to aim a quick peck at his cheek - he deserves it, being so so polite! - and then tears off, showing no more regard for reasonable rates of speed but with an almost preternatural ability to dodge things. (At least as long as she sees them coming...) "Gonna be laaaaaaaaaaate!"

((Compressed post due to internet troubles and un-sure-ity as to when I'll be able to post again.

Also: Yay Butler!!))

Shadowcaller
2013-05-07, 08:52 AM
[Hallways]

"Nope! It was pretty easy actually. I finished it right after schoo-" Sakura cuts off when her pile of books slips and most of it tumbles to the floor. She tries to catch them, but she only manages to clutch a few against her chest. The dryad draws a heavy sigh and starts to carefully lower herself to her knees to pick them up.

[Hallways]

Cessie kneels down to help her pick the books up, preferably before the dryad starts to bend down. "I'll take them."
Hastily picking up the books which she then hands to her friend. "You feeling alright?" There were always concerns with... that condition.

Slii Arhem
2013-05-07, 09:17 AM
((Does anyone want to play the unfortunate teacher or staff member who is stuck minding detention? :smallbiggrin:))

Detention

"They took your sketchbook?!" Charity whispers, clearly outraged. "We'll have to break into the office and steal it back for you."

"As I said, I'm not quite sure. It really depends on how it all comes together as a whole. A lot of songs with very nice baselines, or even just overall good music, are ruined for me if the lyrics don't match." She shrugs. She seems somewhat apologetic, like she would like to tell him it's very nice, but she is instead going to be completely honest.

Detention

Vriveka looks at Mr. C and frowns. They've got a grumpy one today, she should probably whisper so that she doesn't irk him and spend more time with the detention crowd. She's a regular, but she doesn't want to spend every day in here. "Nah, I'll get it back when I go. They don't want it on school grounds, right?" She smiles slightly, knowing that there won't be any real consequences to this. "They'll try to call home, of course, but my mom has so many kids in so many schools that she can't keep straight who all is in trouble on a given day."

Detention

The 'unfortunate teacher' sitting at the front desk lowers his newspaper as voices rise in the room. The old man looks over his glasses. His hair are long time gone so the light reflect from his bald head. Most students can't speak out his name and it's to long for most computer systems so people call him Mr. C.

"SILENCE!" He shouts at the students. "This isn't one of your ****y chatroom things. You are in dention and students in dention keep quiet. Kal! You earned another session for your words."

He takes a note and then returns to read his newspaer. Holding it right in fron of him. He doesn't like to see in the eyes of these kids.

[Detention]

Detention

Mr. C's outburst provokes an eyeroll from Misha, though she has the good sense to close her eyes before she does it so he doesn't get even more snippy. Instead she just murmurs out of the corner of her mouth at Kal, only barely loud enough for him to hear.

"So Kal, what is it going to take to convince you to rejoin the swim team this year? The few times you showed up were really good for morale you know? I keep trying to petition to make the teams co-ed to give us an advantage, but no one takes it seriously coming from me." She is the one with the current fastest swim time on the team, though no one quite knows how with her less than hydrodynamic shape. They'd probably blame it on special swim-wear if she wore anything but the smallest bikinis she could get away with.

FireFox
2013-05-07, 09:28 AM

[Hallway]

"Your punishments are stupid, your laws are stupid, and you're stupid. The reason you cling to higher authority for respect is because you yourself are contemptible and have no respectable qualities yourself. My locker is behind you. I need to put my books down. I'm late for volleyball practice."
This series of rather abrupt announcements come, if Clegg and Tobias care to look, from the plucky and very tiny Sophomore standing just near by, having apparently snuck up on them with surprising quiet, considering her burdens. She indeed, it seems, has some books she needs to put down: a rather large stack of them, tall enough to almost hide her from view entirely, as well as a large backpack almost ripping at the seams from the weight of what's inside. More books, no doubt. The girl herself, as mentioned, is tiny, black-haired, not grown into her proper figure yet and rather skinny with it, though clearly strong if her burdens are anything to go by. She stares Clegg down from over the top of her stack of books, dressed in a 2001: A Space Odyssey t-shirt, denim shorts, mismatched socks and large white sneakers. Her right knee is scraped, and in general she carries about her an air of industry mixed with half-contained madness.

You just struck that student with your cane. Since you care so much about the regulations, will you be heading straight to detention or do I have to talk to the principal? The British boy gives a vulpine smirk. And then he looks over at the newcomer, stepping back to make room for her as he sizes her up.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-05-07, 09:38 AM
Detention

Once Mr. C goes back to his paper, Ivaz points at Kal and gives a lot of silent laughter. Him getting yelled at amused her a lot.

She'll lean back against the wall again and prop her heavy black boots up on the chair across from her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Lunchroom

Zel shrugs again, then finishes off her pop.

Not really. You? Besides baseball?

Ah. She did recognize him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hallway

A younger girl makes her way to the bathroom. Her hair is short and seems to be made our of strands of crystal. Like you'd find in a fiber optic cable. Her eyes are pure white. No pupil or iris or anything.

And her hands are covered in the remains of a bottle of Sprite that had somehow gotten shaken up before she opened it. Her denim jacket suffered some damage as well. She was headed to the bathroom to try and clean herself up.

Viera Champion
2013-05-07, 10:00 AM
Gymnasium

Eldena comes walking smoothly into the gym, all ready for volleyball. She does not really seem to be worried that she is practically late. Nor does she really notice that she is much to busty to be fitting into her team uniform. She walks up to the rest of the team without saying a word, her bunny ears flopping around every now and then.

Hallways

A small boy with black hair and streaks of pink in it is walking down the hallway, not really minding if anyone is in his way. Except for his height and stature, he looks about 16, and adorable in a little kid kind of way. He looks like the kind of kid who is always smiling because he knows it might make someone else feel better. His shirt is a little too tight, and his shorts a little too short.

It's Colin Aldaro, the kid everyone knows is too nice for his own good. He never gets angry, and he always gives everyone the benefit of the doubt. Contrary to popular belief, this kind of personality does a better job of driving people away from him than it does making him friends. It is a little lonely, but Colin does not let that get to him.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-07, 10:14 AM
Hallways

Jace is back to wandering the halls, moderately confused after his last encounter, on his way to...wherever.

---

Detention

He's been here twice this year, but he hasn't really learned any names, so Zebes just sits there quietly, hoping something happens, because he's hopelessly bored.

BladeofObliviom
2013-05-07, 10:18 AM
[Hallways]

Cyrus silently watches an unfortunate Magtok getting shoved into the girls' bathroom, his look of bemusement fading as the situation escalates. Still, while Maggy hardly did anything to deserve that kind of treatment, any gratitude the youthful planeswalker might get from helping him out probably wouldn't be worth crossing Mimi, nor would it be worth the brand of a creepy pervert for entering the girls' washroom.

Shrugging, he continues walking down the hall, a grin on his face in spite of the mild sick feeling in his gut, and offers a quick, unusually friendly wave to Colin as he passes by.

He's not seeking a conversation out with the other fellow, but there's no sense in being rude without any reason.

Terumitsu
2013-05-07, 10:23 AM
[Girl's Bathroom]

Clarissa was staring in the mirror when Mimi had come crashing in with her captive. Just before then, she had been considering just ditching next period but her therapist was already making her get confirmation of her attendance as part of her 'treatment.' She really didn't want to dwell on other stupid assignment the therapist had given her but there wasn't much she could really do about it. Least, not if she wanted to stay enrolled and that was something her sister had made clear as being a necessity if she wanted to live under her roof. Admittedly, it was better there even if her sister was a bit of an OCD neat freak about the place.

Looking over to Sunny, she frowned and shrugged to herself before saying; "Just don't get involved." That had to count as one 'conversation' with another person or something, at least. Something she could mark off in her journal assignment as being attempted even if she was quite doubtful Sunny would reply. Of course, Sunny may not like being addressed by a person of her reputation, what with the rumors of her short suspension abounding everywhere between her just having threatened someone with a knife to having actually stabbed someone. The truth was nothing so dramatic but it wasn't as if she had anyone to tell otherwise given that she had just transferred here in the middle of last year and had yet to form any sort of social circle.

McBish
2013-05-07, 11:04 AM
[Lunchroom]

Angie makes her way through the line at the caffeteria filling a tray with food and grabbing a carton of milk and finding an empty spot to sit in. A junior here at Nexus High Angie tends to drift around the school without a clique of friends. She tends to stay quiet and out of the way in any activity she joins. She has worked in the drama department, mostly backstage, but sometimes filling a small role on stage. She was class treasurer last year. She didn't even bother to run for the postion this year. She doesn't play any sports but sometimes writes articles for the school newspaper about the schools various teams.

She stands 5'9" and her only features that really would make her stand out is her golden blond hair and bright blue eyes. She tends to dress in baggy cargo pants and t-shirts. But with spring in the air she has decided to wear a sundress today instead. Plenty concleaing compared to what some of the other girls in this school like to wear.

The rumor mill at NH has a few stories about Angie. The most common is not to play her in poker. She has been to a few parties with a card game going and cleaned house with the other players. Seems she is very good at reading people. There was also her brief expuslion last year when she was caught with a stolen scalpel and other lab items fromt the science lab. It was only a couple of days but there was plenty of speculation about what she was doing with stuff. Other then that she is a fairly average student. Good at science and english, but often struggling with math and histroy.

She sits down and pulls out her Trigonometry book to get some work done while she eats.

Artemis97
2013-05-07, 11:39 AM

[Lunch Room]

A slight frown flickers over Raril's face before he nods, understanding. "Fair enough. So, do you have any songs that you do like?" The drow asks, grinning.

Gullara
2013-05-07, 11:53 AM
[Hallways]

Cessie kneels down to help her pick the books up, preferably before the dryad starts to bend down. "I'll take them."
Hastily picking up the books which she then hands to her friend. "You feeling alright?" There were always concerns with... that condition.

[Hallways]

"Thanks Cessie." Sakura straightens before she gets far and smiles at her friend. She opens her lock now that her hands are mostly free, and opens it so Cessie can put the books right in.

"I'm doing pretty good, and I'm finally getting caught up on the homework I had after missing all that school." Cessie will remember that Sakura was in a bad state in her early pregnancy. The dryad peels off her shoes and shoves them in her locker too. "I hate my shoes, though. they're so tight now and my feet ache all the time."

The Bushranger
2013-05-07, 12:27 PM
Lunchroom

Zel shrugs again, then finishes off her pop.

Not really. You? Besides baseball?

Ah. She did recognize him.

"Baseball in summer, Blood Bowl in the fall," John answers with a grin. "Plus I take the automotive class, and work on a stock car as part of it."

That last seems to be his favourite of the three...

Lord Magtok
2013-05-07, 12:30 PM
[Women's Room]

"It was an accident! I didn't mean t-"

Oh wow. Of all the times to have his mouth open, that was by far the worst. I don't think he'll ever live this down. Not even with a hundred years of therapy. People have turned into completely insane supercriminals over less humiliating circumstances than this. :smallyuk:

Gullara
2013-05-07, 12:40 PM
[Women's Room]

Mimi doesn't pay Sunny any mind, or even here her for that matter. Nope, she just dunks Maggy as intended, as if the other girls weren't even there. She's not overly malicious about it, at least. Once his head is in the toilet, she holds him there for just a moment before letting him go. His lesson has been learned as far as she's concerned.

"What's your problem?" She says, glaring at Sunny as she leaves the stall. She pauses only a moment, though, before going to push past Sunny (if she's at all in the way) and exit the bathroom.

Lost_Deep
2013-05-07, 12:43 PM
Lunch Room

"A few, I would like to find a few more. The classics, like Pachelbel's Canon, can go unsaid. However, for the most part I prefer some older works: Dont Fear The Reaper, I Write the Songs, Old Fashioned Rock and Roll. Of more modern works, I like a number of things that Johnathan Coulton has written, and I have been recently introduced some more modernist pieces that I find interesting... so, yes, there is, and don't ask me for what Genre because I doubt I could give you a straight answer."

Kate stifles a snerk. The idea of Copi ever giving a straight answer is humorous; she writes long answers for short answer questions and real essays for essay questions.

Artemis97
2013-05-07, 01:03 PM
[Lunchroom]

Raril simply smiles and nods approvingly. "You have good taste. I'd play you a bit of B.O.C. but this wouldn't do it justice." He pats the side of his guitar, a simple acoustic which couldn't handle the demands of most rock songs. "Besides, someone might get upset if I threw an impromptu concert." He shrugs, trying to play it off cooly, but damn the man for keeping him down!

Beans
2013-05-07, 01:11 PM
[Hallway > Ladies' Room]
Neca sees Mimi coming out of the bathroom, and heads in once she's a few yards down the hall.
Her slight limp more subtle now that her meds are working, she glances about.
There's that Clarissa girl, the other Evans girl---Sunny, was it?---and... oh. A swirlie victim, a dude at that.
Classy, Meems. Classy. Rolling her eyes, she peeks into the stall, wondering if Miss Angrypants managed to drown this one.

Lost_Deep
2013-05-07, 01:26 PM
Lunchroom

Copi thinks for a moment. "B.O.C... I'm not familiar with that one. What are some of the things they have written?"

Artemis97
2013-05-07, 01:29 PM
[Lunchroom]

Raril blinks, frowning in confusion. " Blue Oyster Cult? They play Don't Fear The Reaper...?" He says, uncertainly.

Felandria
2013-05-07, 01:37 PM
Gymnasium

Eldena comes walking smoothly into the gym, all ready for volleyball. She does not really seem to be worried that she is practically late. Nor does she really notice that she is much to busty to be fitting into her team uniform. She walks up to the rest of the team without saying a word, her bunny ears flopping around every now and then.

Glad you could make it, El.

Felandria playfully elbows Eldana.

Now that you're here, I'm throwing a victory party at my house after the game, so let's not spoil it by losing.

She grins at her team, then peeks behind her at all the boys who came in to watch the girls practice, and by practice I mean watch cute girls in short shorts jump up and down.

Felandria didn't mind, she liked to give them a thrill, even though half of them were too scared to talk to her.

Despite her outgoing and friendly nature, Felandria felt a bit isolated at times, being pretty and popular does that sometimes, and being 6'4" didn't help either.

She didn't mind being so tall, she was a good athlete and was in line for a full ride scholarship at NU, but most boys were too intimidated to ask her out.

And sometimes, in the locker room, she wasn't sure if she was entirely interested in boys.

*sigh*

Oh well, back to practice, she wanted to win this weekend, it would look good on her record and help lock up her scholarship.

Lost_Deep
2013-05-07, 01:51 PM
Lunchroom

"Ah. I did not know the name of the group. Only that I like the song." That's... an unusual situation.

Halae
2013-05-07, 02:04 PM
[The Hallways]

There's an albino walking the halls. It's Amlin, in all his RPG playing bespectacled glory. He's not only skeletally scrawny (metabolic disroder, he's really quite healthy), but the albinism, his weird hobbies, and the fact that his dad runs a funeral home have made him something of a pariah.

Currently, he's wearing a black turtle neck and a pair of overly baggy jeans, as he carries his books from class to class. Among them is an extra book, sitting on top - an obscure DnD book called "Kingdoms of Kalamar" that he found at a garage sale. He's not really watching where's he's going, but he has enough spatial sense not to run into anybody that's not trying to run into him.

Artemis97
2013-05-07, 02:34 PM
[Lunchroom]

"Ah, that's alright. It is one of their most popular songs." The drow grins again. "Do you like jazz at all? I play in the jazz band." Raril points out. "Maybe you'd want to come to one of our concerts some time?" He suggests.

[Hallways]

"Hey, Amlin." A short girl fell into step beside the albino. She was dressed gothic style in all black. A blouse with a corseted front and long flowing sleeves, peasant style layered skirt that fell just past her knees, and high leather boots with a tall platform which only brought her close to average height. The look was topped off with black lace gloves and a gauzy scarf around her neck. In sharp contrast to all of the black, her deep red hair fell in a straight sheet down her back and partially over her bright grey eyes.

Amlin would recongize her as Brie Swift, probably one of the few people in school who didn't shun him, mostly because she was on the outside herself, though she seemed to like it that way, or, at least, that's what she said. He would probably also pick up on the scent of smoke hanging around her. Rumor said she would sneak cigarettes in between classes, though she'd never been caught with them by a teacher.

"Where are you heading?" Brie asks, politely.

Lost_Deep
2013-05-07, 02:39 PM
Lunchroom

"I like some jazz, yes. I can't list anything in particular, but I do like some. And I might sit in sometime if I knew when you would be preforming, yes." Copi nods. Kate kind of shrugs; she probably wouldn't but she didn't want to say so...

Halae
2013-05-07, 02:40 PM
[Hallways]

"I think I found a way up to the roof," Amlin says, nodding towards Brie. She'll know him as the sort of person that will never lie about something, to the point of hard and brutal honesty. With people shunning him anyways, telling them what they don't want to hear has never really bothered him, "I was going to see if my way up actually worked. Want to come with?"

She'll also know that despite his very skinny frame, he's not weak in the least. What mass he does have is muscle, as he needs to keep in shape to keep himself from wasting away, and he eats about twice as much as most people.

The Bushranger
2013-05-07, 02:46 PM
Gymnasium

Patty grinned at the tall girl as they praticed, the dark-haired girl flipping into a handstand after a few minutes, balancing. "Don't worry. We're gonna stomp them, 'cause we Refuse to Lose!" she declares, her grin growing as she backflips once more, tossing her hair back and reaching for a bottle of Gatorade.

Mindfreak
2013-05-07, 03:01 PM
Library

Of course there are no jocks. Jocks don't go near the library, so many words in one place make their head hurt.

But if no jocks are going to bully these nerds, how's about a pair of losers to pester them. Justin, who's blond, short, and wearing his traditional blue and yellow hoodie in proud defiance of any school colors, especially if they are yellow and blue, then they are a very defiant shade of yellow and blue, carries a small pile of manga and comic books that the school never tell kids they actually have, and his buddy Romeo, who's long black hair horribly conflicts with his sweatervest, carries the book they actually needed for the English assignment. The two stop and stare at the two nerds having their chess battle, and utterly drawn in by how invested they are sit down to watch.

While Romeo watches with rapt attention, Justin sits next to Dave, pestering him with "You should use the Horse."
Library
Dave instead moves a pawn, as does Megan.
"Erm, um, hello." Dave said.
Megan looked down at the chessboard, trying to avoid eye contact.

Artemis97
2013-05-07, 03:08 PM
[Lunchroom]

"Cool. I'll let you know when our next performance is." The drow grins again, pleased that she seemed interested. "We're working on some really great stuff!"

[Hallways]

"Sure!" Brie loved finding little secret places to hide away. No one would try looking for her on the roof if she decided to skip class.

Slii Arhem
2013-05-07, 03:13 PM
[Women's Room]

Mimi doesn't pay Sunny any mind, or even here her for that matter. Nope, she just dunks Maggy as intended, as if the other girls weren't even there. She's not overly malicious about it, at least. Once his head is in the toilet, she holds him there for just a moment before letting him go. His lesson has been learned as far as she's concerned.

"What's your problem?" She says, glaring at Sunny as she leaves the stall. She pauses only a moment, though, before going to push past Sunny (if she's at all in the way) and exit the bathroom.

"It was an accident! I didn't mean t-"

Oh wow. Of all the times to have his mouth open, that was by far the worst. I don't think he'll ever live this down. Not even with a hundred years of therapy. People have turned into completely insane supercriminals over less humiliating circumstances than this. :smallyuk:

Women's Room

As Mimi exits the little party they've got going on in the rest room, She nearly smashes the door into the perfectly manicured hand of one of the more dangerous girls in school. Physically Julie isn't much to contend with, but she has a reputation as a reputation destroyer and insatiable gossip. Though nothing she's spread around has been provably lies, she's been known to twist the truth and only say what she wants others to hear.

Stepping back from Mimi's warpath, she peers into the washroom as she steps around and through the door. Three girls at the sink, an angry little athlete girl, and an open stall with dripping and gurgling coming from it?

Oh my, this is just marvelous, isn't it?

Her grin grows catty as she fishes out a napkin and tube of lipstick from her purse, "Don't mind me girls, just here to freshen up. Have to look my best for ballet this evening." Why her uncle Waldorf insisted that she attend a ballet class with such boring snobs is beyond her, but she at least enjoyed showing off enough to continue with it.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-05-07, 03:14 PM
Lunchroom

Zel also seems to pick up on that last one a little.

Really? What kinda car?

----------------------------------------------------

Hallway

Krystal hears somebody walking quickly towards her, and looks up in time to see Mimi walking quickly in her direction. The young mutant twists out of her way, very much not wanting Mimi to run into her.

Krystal watches Mimi walk away for a moment, then turns back to the ladies' room.

Lost_Deep
2013-05-07, 03:15 PM
Lunchroom

Copi nods. "I look forward to it. What's your name, though? I don't believe you said it."

Halae
2013-05-07, 03:17 PM
[Hallways -> The Roof]

Amlin will lead her along, into the old art room. it's never really used all that much except by the loner kids who don't want to be around others, thus they'll know this location well.

"See the air vent? there's two nearby exits, one into the teacher's lounge and one onto the roof, near as I can tell. We get a stick to block the fan and climb through the vents and we'll be able to put a ladder or rope onto the roof for when we want to climb up. I've actually got some plans for that." He says, "the trick is getting up to the vent."

Artemis97
2013-05-07, 03:30 PM
[Lunchroom]

"Oh, right. I'm Raril. Raril Xar'Cha." He touches his hand to his head as if tipping an invisible hat. "And what's your name?"

[Old Art Room]

Brie peered up at the vent. "Hmm... if you give me a boost, or something, I could probably slip through." She was fairly tiny, especially if she ditched those big boots she wore. "We might want something stronger than some old stick to hold back the fan, though. Maybe a bit of pipe? Something metal, at least. Don't want it to break."

happyturtle
2013-05-07, 03:32 PM
Girl's Bathroom

Sunny shrinks away from Mimi and Riss both. She wants to just leave, but what if she ran into Mimi again?

What if Mimi tried to do that to her?

And then Julie... Julie is so scary!

It's all too much for Sunny, who darts into the stall at the end (not the stall with a cyborg in it!) and locks the door.

Lost_Deep
2013-05-07, 03:34 PM
Lunchroom

"I'm Copi, and this is my sister Kate." Kate, finally in a situation where she can't be quiet without looking like a quiet freak, says, "Hello."

Halae
2013-05-07, 03:35 PM
[Old Art Room]

"What about a couple of the old chair legs?" the room was being used as storage at the moment for some of the more broken pieces of furniture. a few metal chair legs are lying around, with their broken sources.

Amlin will put his books down and get into position to boost Brie up, assuming she goes to get a chair leg.

Viera Champion
2013-05-07, 03:36 PM
Gymnasium/

Eldena breaks her uncaring face and smiles at Felandria.
We could always have a not-victory party, I've got just the dress.
And while it is clear she is joking, she very likely does have just the dress. She's known as the girl who has an outfit for everything, and it's only made slightly better by the fact that they all look perfect on her. It is an inborn talent.
The ref better not call a penalty if it hits my ears again.
She says, pulling them down over the sides of her head.

Artemis97
2013-05-07, 03:52 PM
[Lunchroom]

"Nice to meet you both." Raril replies. "So, what year are you two? I'm a junior."

[Old Art Room]

"Good idea." Brie picks up a pair of busted chair legs. She also takes a moment to kick off her heavy boots and, probably to Amlin's shock, shimmy out of her skirt. Fortunately, she wore opaque black tights underneath. Last of all she pulled a ribbon out of her bag and tired up her long hair. "Alright, I'm ready." She stood in front of Amlin, and, with his help, presumably gets lifted up to the vent.

Lost_Deep
2013-05-07, 03:58 PM
Lunchroom

"I'm a sophomore," Kate replies, "Copi's a freshman." Copi nods, confirming this.

Halae
2013-05-07, 04:06 PM
[Old Art Room]

A blush colors Amlin's pale face when Brie takes off her skirt, though his face remains stoic out of respect for her. Don't want such a thing catching on anything in the air vent.

He'll lift her up, and true to form, there's an air vent just past a fan leading out onto the roof.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-05-07, 04:07 PM
Girl's Bathroom

Krystal enters the room right after Sunny locks herself in, so she doesn't see the frightened girl. She pauses in the doorway, seeing who all was here.

Doesn't take long to notice the pair of feet sticking out of a stall.

What the-? She'll look into the stall and see the facedown cyborg boy. She gives a sigh and goes to pull him up by his shoulders.
Come on, let's get you cleaned up.

Part of her guessed that this was Mimi's doing. The other wondered why nobody did anything to help him.

Earl of Purple
2013-05-07, 04:13 PM
Lunchroom

Currently sitting a distance away from anybody else is a 14-year-old boy with short brown hair and brown eyes. He's wearing jeans and a red hoody with a skull emblazoned on the front. Pinned to his hoody is a small metal badge shaped like a two-tailed scorpion holding its claws close whilst its tails curve in different directions. At the moment, he has his eyes closed and his hands held in front of him with a packed lunch resting on the table before him.

His lunch seems to be a honey sandwich with a bag of crisps and an apple resting nearby.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-07, 04:25 PM
Hallways->Lunchroom

Jace arrives here, pulling a lunch out of his bag. He doesn't know anyone here, surprise, surprise.
He stops in front of the nearly-empty table and the red-clothed kid.
Hey. These seats taken?

Gnrlshrimp
2013-05-07, 04:29 PM
[Hallways - Just outside the Women's room]

As Mimi steps out of the bathroom, she'll be greeted by a hiss that probably sounds familiar.

The hiss belongs to Damon, who also happens to take part in all the more violent sports available. His clothes are torn and old, his hair's a mess, nobody's ever seen his parents. He's mocked for his odd hissing speech and the rumours are that he's homeless and just sleeps on the school grounds somewhere.

But he's also considered untouchable. The last time someone tried to mess with him, it was only the timely intervention of a teacher that saved the poor fool from getting his arm broken.

Damon has also made a fair few visits to detention.

"Bitch. All he did wass bump into you."

Devixer
2013-05-07, 04:34 PM
Hallways

Merrick Hayes is walking down a hallway, carrying a bookbag and a smaller shoulder bag with him. Others avoid his gaze - he isn't in the rumor mill much, but people are still afraid of generally afraid of him. Occasionally some whispers arise about what he carries in his smaller bag or why he's never seen in anything outside of school, but those stop as quickly as they begin for some reason.

Earl of Purple
2013-05-07, 04:36 PM
Lunchroom

"No, they are not. Would you like to sit down?" The boy opens his eyes to regard Jace.

Beans
2013-05-07, 04:38 PM
Girl's Bathroom

Krystal enters the room right after Sunny locks herself in, so she doesn't see the frightened girl. She pauses in the doorway, seeing who all was here.

Doesn't take long to notice the pair of feet sticking out of a stall.

What the-? She'll look into the stall and see the facedown cyborg boy. She gives a sigh and goes to pull him up by his shoulders.
Come on, let's get you cleaned up.

Part of her guessed that this was Mimi's doing. The other wondered why nobody did anything to help him.
Neca sighs a little, not really caring about Julie. What reputation did she have here besides "oh it's that girl who got hurt and the JROT dropped her" anyway?
Watching Krystal help the poor schmuck up, she looks at the cyborg guy.
What did you do, accidentally close your locker too loudly?
---
[Halls - Lockers]
After class, Carrie heads to her locker. So far, she thinks, this new school has been nice. Nobody's done anything all that bad to her yet, so hopefully she won't get kicked out.
For what it's worth, she thinks, that guy's stupid wrist will be fine eventually. And she did tell him to stop touching her.

Artemis97
2013-05-07, 04:45 PM
[Lunchroom]

Raril nods. "That's cool. I've got a brother who's a freshman too."

[Old Art Room => Vents]

Brie watches the fan for a long moment, trying to pick the exact right time to shove one of the chair legs through the blades. If that stops the fan's turning, she'll wedge in the second one too, for added security, before trying to squeeze through the gap.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-07, 04:48 PM
Lunchroom

"No, they are not. Would you like to sit down?" The boy opens his eyes to regard Jace.

Lunchroom

Jace is a few years older than the kid, but otherwise looks pretty average in his blue outfit.
"I would, if you don't mind."
And unless the answer is immediately no, he does!

Ashen Lilies
2013-05-07, 04:52 PM
[Detention]

Kal's grin slips open a few notches as Mr. C goes on his tirade. He leans towards Misha, adjusting his aim on the bouncing ball slightly so that the next throw will bounce off of Ivaz's head, rather than the wall.
"Well, I'm so glad to have been a source of inspiration for you guys, but the swim team just takes too much time off my hands. Why be swimming when there are so many other wonderful things I could be doing instead, yeah?"

[Hallway]

The girl takes the opening given by the British boy to shove her way over to her locker, slamming it open to reveal a small duffel bag, which she removes, and replaces with her books and backpack. The inside of the locker, if anyone cares to look closely, is plastered with a strange combination of science fiction posters, pictures of robots and torn out notebook pages scrawled all over in diagrams, notes and technical schematics. She closes the locker. She might be 16, but looks much younger, still sporting the thin, shapeless frame of a young girl, only accentuated by her lack of height. She carries herself with a slight slouch, her face locked in a permanent expression of belligerent defiance.
"Thanks." She says as she steps away from the locker, not really sounding thankful at all though.

Earl of Purple
2013-05-07, 04:55 PM
Lunchroom

"I see no reason why you should not." The boy then closes his eyes and resumes his prayer.

His lunch seems to be undefended at the moment, should Jace choose to grab it and run.

Halae
2013-05-07, 05:01 PM
[Vents]

Bria will stop the fan! she is now capable of getting up to the roof. Huzzah!

[Old Art Room]

Amlin, meanwhile, is left with the removed vent cover and awkwardly holding Bria's skirt for her.

Artemis97
2013-05-07, 05:05 PM
[Vents]

Brie carefully makes her way through the vents up to the roof. Once she's sure the path is clear, she comes back down. Back in the art room, she peeks her head out the vent. "Amlin, it worked! Did you bring a rope or something?" He did say he had it all planned out.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-07, 05:06 PM
Lunchroom

Thanks. is all he says, giving a respectful silence for the kid's concentration. He pulls a sandwich out of his own bag and starts eating, mostly quiet.
Jace really wishes Zebes were here, but alas, he's still in...

---

Detention

Zebes is getting impatient. How much longer is he going to have to sit here?!
Hey, when's this stupid thing over? he whispers to the nearest person.

Earl of Purple
2013-05-07, 05:09 PM
Lunchroom

It doesn't take too long for the boy to finish his prayer, and when he has he takes his honey sandwich and starts to eat. The sandwich seems to be very fresh- the honey hasn't soaked into the bread.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-07, 05:13 PM
Lunchroom

Jace does in fact notice that detail. Which is odd; most people prepare school lunches beforehand.
You make your meals here?

Halae
2013-05-07, 05:15 PM
[Vents]

"Of course," he says, before opening up his binder to reveal a long rope, meant for camping excursions, which he'll toss up to Brie.

Earl of Purple
2013-05-07, 05:20 PM
Lunchroom

"No. I brought it with me this morning. My bees make a very special honey." It seems he's an apiarist, judging by his words.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-05-07, 05:20 PM
Detention

After propping her feet up, Ivaz had leaned her head back and closed her eyes again.

So, she doesn't see the ball coming at all.

As soon as it hits her, Ivaz let's out a cry of surprise and snaps her eyes open again, looking for the guilty party.

Gullara
2013-05-07, 05:21 PM
[Hallways - Just outside the Women's room]

As Mimi steps out of the bathroom, she'll be greeted by a hiss that probably sounds familiar.

The hiss belongs to Damon, who also happens to take part in all the more violent sports available. His clothes are torn and old, his hair's a mess, nobody's ever seen his parents. He's mocked for his odd hissing speech and the rumours are that he's homeless and just sleeps on the school grounds somewhere.

But he's also considered untouchable. The last time someone tried to mess with him, it was only the timely intervention of a teacher that saved the poor fool from getting his arm broken.

Damon has also made a fair few visits to detention.

"Bitch. All he did wass bump into you."

[Hallways - Outside Women's Room]

"Nobody asked you, Damon!" Mimi snaps. She is nowhere near in any mood to take his crap. Not even the slightest bit of worry of fear marks her face as she glowers up at him. Nope, this girl is fearless.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-07, 05:26 PM
Lunchroom

"Oh, you keep bees? That's neat. Special how?"
Jace seems genuinely interested.

Earl of Purple
2013-05-07, 05:30 PM
Lunchroom

"They have been blessed by a priest of Dalachrech." Though this particular version of one of my characters had to persuade the priest, and couldn't perform the feat themselves.

Gnrlshrimp
2013-05-07, 05:33 PM

"Sso? Nobody assked you to ssnap at the poor guy either." Damon doesn't show it on his face, but he does kind of admire Mimi for being able to stand up for herself, it's just that "You know, I can resspect ssomeone who can look after themsselvess, but what'ss the point in picking on the little guyss?" Probably not the best phrasing to use, considering Mimi is currently glowering up at him, but Damon isn't even aware of any implied insult.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-07, 05:36 PM
Lunchroom

"Ah, and that improves them and their honey?"
Personally he thinks gods have better things to do than give kids better lunch ingredients, but he's pretty sure that's not how it worked. Not to mention he's not familiar enough with Dalachrech to know if this is a regular thing.

Artemis97
2013-05-07, 05:37 PM
[Vents]

"Cool." Brie says, catching the rope. "I'll find a place to tie it off and toss it down to you. Did you have a spot in mind? Somewhere out of the way would be best."

Earl of Purple
2013-05-07, 05:42 PM
Lunchroom

"I think it does. So do most who taste it." So Dalachrech might not have actually blessed the bees. Well, He did, because the priest did, and Dalachrech is more active than other deities. He can't afford not to, yet.

The Alexandrian
2013-05-07, 05:43 PM
[Hallways - Possibly Near Carrie?]

High School Description, Backstory, and Rumors - Valaira: Everyone's favorite rich fox-tailed angel-demon knockout of a girl is here and in this setting she is as well connected as she is well endowed. She's a sixteen year old version of herself. She's a little smaller and shorter than she is in Nexus actual, but aside from that, she looks pretty much the same. Today she is rocking a cute light blue striped t-shirt and hot blue short-shorts upon the seat of which a dark red pentagram has been emblazoned.

Whispers have flooded the grape vine about the buxom lass and underhanded schemes she has had her mitts in in the past. She has lived in this community for quite some time. In middle school, after her father died, her mother took to guzzling alcohol to cope with her situation. Soon after, Valaira came to school with a big hand-shaped bruise around her wrist. Marks of an abusive relationship between Valaira and her now good for nothing mother that seemed hellbent on drinking the family fortune away surfaced and rumors about Valaira's situation spread around the school like wildfire. It is whispered in only the most hushed and most secretive of voices that the following month (in March, during the ides, no less) Valaira arranged to have her mother killed. It was no secret that she was fully initiated into and rolling with a gang for several months prior to the freak car accident that torched her mother alive, but that's all speculation. There was no evidence of foul play merely mechanical malfunction. Custody of Valaira was transferred to her aunt and uncle and both of them allow her to do whatever she likes with her wealth. She maintains a private apartment in the upscale part of town and is known not only to throw sick parties but as the gal who can get her hands on anything you want to get your hands on but can't. You want the answers to next week's math test? Chances are, she has them or can get them. You want your science grade to be an 'A'? She might be able to persuade someone to slice into the computer systems and fix that small misunderstanding with your teacher for a small fee. You want the tar beat out of a dirty snitch? She's your gal. You want tickets to that R-rated movie this weekend? She has you covered. She doesn't handle any illegal things though, so if you want any sort of illegal thingy, you're barking up the wrong tree. Of course, she rarely gets her hands dirty in her acquisitions work. Mostly she hires other more qualified people to do the jobs; she simply sets things up as a manager and takes a little cut of the pay. Most people either love her or they fear her. There's little to no grey area where she is concerned.

That was the status quo in middle school, anyway.

Being a freshman in high school, she has to build her empire back up again from square one. With brains, brawn, and looks (mainly looks), she's already one of the more popular people in the school despite the rumors of her matricide. While she does maintain an entourage of drooling boys and chatty girls from the jock clique in transit between classes, she often goes out of her way to ditch them and seek out more interesting people from other school factions to touch bases with. She's a member of the debate team, dance team, mock trial club, biology club, anime club, and chemistry club but she's more active in basketball, tennis, volleyball, soccer, gymnastics, and racquetball. She hunts or surfs almost every weekend she isn't booked for. She drops a mean beat on the piano...sometimes. She's trying to learn, but she isn't that good yet. She manipulates people to get whatever she feels like getting whenever she feels like getting it.

Action: Anyway, Valaira is bored. Sure, she could go practice volleyball or something, but she has a doctor's appointment today and by the time she changes into her sports clothes, it'll be time to leave. Maybe she'll just get her stuff and head to the doc's office early...

Or...

She could try talking to the kid she heard really, really roughed another student up.

Valaira attempts to walk right up to Carrie and lean against the locker beside her's.

"What's up? Hey, I heard you're the girl who taught a certain dude to mind his manners around those of the fairer gender. Nice work."

-------
[Hallways - Outside of Detention Room]

It has been too long since I've rped Percilia, and I'm of the belief that she'd fit into this setting seamlessly, so here goes nothing!

Description of Percilia:

The girl's figure is getting to be shapely and vivacious, but she hasn't quite matured that much yet. She stands at a height of 5'8". Her facial features are soft. Her snowy white eyes glow with an otherworldly radiance. Her hair is of an auburn hue and is styled into a bun pulled tight against the back of her head on inspection days and a long pony tail that dangles just above her shoulders every normal day. Her smooth skin is of a warm tan tint. Her lips are blood red. Overall, she has a very delicate look to her. She can't be much older than sixteen.

Description, Backstory, and Rumors - Percilia: There's a girl waiting outside of the detention room for one particular student to be released from captivity. Judging by the streaks of bright paint splattered across her otherwise immaculate BDUs (her boots spit shined, her clothes starched and ironed to perfection, all rank insignia properly displayed, and etcetra), she's waiting for Charity to exit the room so she can exact revenge upon her! That said, she isn't here to beat anyone up or exact revenge...not yet, anyway. She's here to plot her revenge by tailing that weird intolerant hippie to her locker! That crazy hippie disrespected her and the uniform and she must pay for her insolence by being the victim of an equally childish and silly prank!

Percilia, in this setting, may be just another pretty freshman, but she's an avid supporter and member of the JROTC (Army JROTC, to be exact). She's on the drill team (armed and unarmed), precision rifle team (the high school I attended had a permanent indoor range where they fired air rifles (and .22s for awhile)), saber team, PT team, and color guard. When she isn't busy with these clubs, she tutors students after school. She also participates in the debate team, mathletes, knowledge bowl, robotics club, tennis team, Star Trek club, Star Wars club, gaming club, and fencing team, if sometimes infrequently. She's often tired because she runs herself ragged with an unending onslaught of extracurricular activities. Sometimes she falls asleep in her AP classes, but she always has her homework done and always scores high on her tests no matter how much studying it takes to do so. She tends to run herself into the ground at the end of every term and during this time she has been known to exhibit signs of having psychological issues (but who wouldn't with so much exertion and so little rest)! But for all of her school related extracurriculars, she hates high school and most of the teachers and most of the kids, though she does a laudable job of hiding it. She refuses to wear class colors on spirit days and she has a tongue sharp enough to put anyone in his/her place if they try to mess with her. She's also one of the few skateboarders and cyclists who hasn't broken any (important) parts of her body...during a school week...yet.

Action: Waiting for detention to end is boring so she's currently listening to her music player. Her hatred of high school is reflected in her music choice, High School Never Ends by Bowling For Soup.

OrchestraHc
2013-05-07, 05:43 PM
Library
Dave instead moves a pawn, as does Megan.
"Erm, um, hello." Dave said.
Megan looked down at the chessboard, trying to avoid eye contact.

"Howdy," Justin says without any irony or fear of intrusion.

"Uhh, Justin, I think we should go, we're probably-"

"Kibitzing? Yeah, sorry about that, bad habit. I probably gave away the opening move, sorry."

"So what were you two arguing over that suddenly demanded a battle of the minds." His eyes turn to the diorama. "Is that it? Diorama, that seems a little,"

"Incredible," Romeo says his eyes drawn to the model. "But didn't Xerxes tenth moon got blown up last week?"

Halae
2013-05-07, 05:46 PM
[Vents]

"Cool." Brie says, catching the rope. "I'll find a place to tie it off and toss it down to you. Did you have a spot in mind? Somewhere out of the way would be best."[Vents]

"Already accounted for. On the east side of the building, where the garden club does their stuff. we can hide the rope among the vines," Amlin says back, "I'll meet you out there." and he'll leave to head over to that side of the building.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-07, 05:47 PM
Lunchroom

"I think it does. So do most who taste it." So Dalachrech might not have actually blessed the bees. Well, He did, because the priest did, and Dalachrech is more active than other deities. He can't afford not to, yet.

Lunchroom

"Huh. Sounds pretty cool. My brother and I deal with the normal stuff most of the time."
He reaches for his second half before inspecting it and lifting the top. He sighs.
"Dammit, Zebes." and replaces the second half in its bag.

Gullara
2013-05-07, 05:54 PM

"Sso? Nobody assked you to ssnap at the poor guy either." Damon doesn't show it on his face, but he does kind of admire Mimi for being able to stand up for herself, it's just that "You know, I can resspect ssomeone who can look after themsselvess, but what'ss the point in picking on the little guyss?" Probably not the best phrasing to use, considering Mimi is currently glowering up at him, but Damon isn't even aware of any implied insult.

"Hmph. I wasn't picking on him. He just... got me angry." Mimi says, not entirely convincingly. The girl isn't really known for being the bully that picks on those weaker than her. She'd try and punch out Damon or Maggy if either of them gave her half a reason.

Artemis97
2013-05-07, 05:56 PM
[Vents]

"Grab my stuff for me, ok?" Brie asks, waving a hand at her bag and boots and skirt before disappearing back into the vent. By the time Amlin makes it over to the east side of the building the rope will be down and he should be able to get up onto the roof.

Earl of Purple
2013-05-07, 05:59 PM
Lunchroom

"What do you mean by 'normal stuff'? If you are a priest, then matters of faith are 'normal stuff'." The boy sounds curious, eating both halves of his sandwich.

Halae
2013-05-07, 06:00 PM
[The Roof]

Amlin will put Brie's skirt into her bag and then carry it separately as he heads out to the roof. it'll be about ten five minutes before Brie sees him climb up the wall, given he had to make sure nobody was watching. "Hey, how's it look up here?"

Lost_Deep
2013-05-07, 06:04 PM
Lunchroom

"Ah. Is he nice, or a more typical little brother? I understand that my respect for Kate is... uncommon."

"If even half the stories are true, you're the best little sister ever," Kate idly comments. Copi can be annoying at times, but she's never caused Kate real trouble...

Artemis97
2013-05-07, 06:10 PM
[The Roof]

Brie offers to help him up over the lip of the wall. "Pretty flat, smells a bit like tar, hot as all Nine Hells, too, but it's private and the view isn't too bad." She points back behind Amlin, where the surrounding city skyline could be seen, and the tall, snowcapped mountains beyond it.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-07, 06:13 PM
Lunchroom

"What do you mean by 'normal stuff'? If you are a priest, then matters of faith are 'normal stuff'." The boy sounds curious, eating both halves of his sandwich.

Jace smiles. "Well, what I meant was the ordinary things you buy at a story, but for the sake of the argument, the works of gods is considered special because for the most part they don't go out of their way to improve the lives of people save for their faithful, which makes Their favors are special from a world view, even if it becomes commonplace for those that carry it. In my opinion, when magic, divine or arcane, becomes common and stops being special, it stops being magic and is nothing more than power. And flat power is awfully boring."

Gnrlshrimp
2013-05-07, 06:14 PM

"You dragged him into the girlss bathroom, and by the ssound of thingss dunked hiss head in a toilet. Becausse he bumped into you..." Damon puts it rather bluntly. "What'ss got you sso rattled today? Don't the ssportss help you deal with your anger?"

Halae
2013-05-07, 06:19 PM
[The Roof]

"I can bring in a few materials tonight to make it more livable," he says, "maybe a lean-to for protection from the sun," he'll hand her bag back to her, "Any specific requests? Nothing loud. We don't want people knowing we're up here."

Beans
2013-05-07, 06:23 PM
[Hallways - Possibly Near Carrie?]
Anyway, Valaira is bored. Sure, she could go practice volleyball or something, but she has a doctor's appointment today and by the time she changes into her sports clothes, it'll be time to leave. Maybe she'll just get her stuff and head to the doc's office early...

Or...

She could try talking to the kid she heard really, really roughed another student up.

Valaira attempts to walk right up to Carrie and lean against the locker beside her's.

"What's up? Hey, I heard you're the girl who taught a certain dude to mind his manners around those of the fairer gender. Nice work."
Carrie looks away from the pretty foxy girl. Stupid Valaira, being intimidatingly hot.
Her wings fold tighter as one finger runs under her stripety arm-warmer on the opposite arm.
Well, um... i-it's just, he wouldn't get away and I... really don't like being touched, it wouldn't have mattered much if he hadn't been a guy or whatever...
She bites her lip. Maybe she'd be a little less freaked if Valaira was touching her, but nice cleavage still didn't get anyone a free pass. Or magical unbreakable wrists.

Earl of Purple
2013-05-07, 06:30 PM
Lunchroom

"I agree, and am very lucky. My mentor is a cleric, and my hive was blessed privately. Many of the larger apiarists make donations to the nearest Temple of Dalachrech to have a blessing placed upon their hives to help keep invertebrate predators and parasites away. Dalachrech does not do the same for other crops or livestock, because all invertebrates deserve to live." Blessing beehives helps ensure that the bees get their chance without interference.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-07, 06:53 PM
Lunchroom

Jace nods. "Makes sense. It sounds like a pretty reasonable stance on that sort of thing.
Jace doesn't actually know much like what bees' invertebrate predators are, but he's fine with going along with it.

Gullara
2013-05-07, 07:01 PM

"You dragged him into the girlss bathroom, and by the ssound of thingss dunked hiss head in a toilet. Becausse he bumped into you..." Damon puts it rather bluntly. "What'ss got you sso rattled today? Don't the ssportss help you deal with your anger?"

"I don't need to deal with my anger!" Mimi shouts, only reinforcing his point. She looks plenty angry, and dunking Maggy's head in the toilet didn't make her feel any better. "I just... failed that stupid English paper and it's got me pissed off." She mutters.

Earl of Purple
2013-05-07, 07:04 PM
Lunchroom

Wasps, spiders, mites (parasitic ones are a main cause for hive collapse), and there's a species of parasitic bee which pretends to be a queen bee of other species to steal honey and royal jelly by releasing pheromones telling other bees to feed it.

"Yes, but if He is offended, then He is capable of influencing populations of locusts, weevils, mosquitoes and so on, sending plagues to crush His enemies." Which make Him a dangerous deity to offend on a large scale. Armies can be defeated; monsters can be driven away; disease can be cured; but famine, working with plague and spoiling food supplies? That's hard.

Gnrlshrimp
2013-05-07, 07:11 PM

"...did you actually try and do a decent piece of work for once?" Damon asks, folding his arms. "If you didn't put the effort in, it'ss your own fault you failed."

Deathkeeper
2013-05-07, 07:12 PM
Lunchroom

Jace resists shuddering. He's really not much of a bug person. And mosquitos are always terrible to him.
"That sounds...unpleasant, as I suppose is to be expected from a god's wrath."

McBish
2013-05-07, 07:16 PM
[Lunchroom>>Hallway's]

Angie barely touches her lunch as she struggles with her math homework. She eventually glance up at the clock and slam her book shut. She grabs the apple of her tray and downs the last of her milk. She dumps the rest of her lunch in the garbage on her way out. She carries her books heading to her locker. She still needs to head to the computer lab to finish up a paper that's deadline is fast approaching.

Earl of Purple
2013-05-07, 07:18 PM
Lunchroom

"A god that cannot make Their enemies afraid is not worthy of the title. My name is Terrowin, by the way." As I got bored of constantly referring to him as 'the boy'.

The Alexandrian
2013-05-07, 07:19 PM
[Hallways]

"Yeah, I totally agree with you. People should respect other people's personal space. I mean, admiring someone's body is fine, but if someone were to put their hands on me and wouldn't knock it off, I'd wanna see them expelled or taught a lesson too."

Or in a full body cast. Or covered in lesions from head to toe. Or dead. Dead works for Valaira too.

"I just wanted to let you know that I think you did the right thing today, even the teachers and principals say otherwise. Oh! I'm Valaira by the way, but you can call me Val if you want."

Valaira nods to Carrie and flashes a little toothy smile at her. She's trying to be friendly, after all. It doesn't hurt that she thinks that Carrie's wings are absolutely gorgeous either.

Artemis97
2013-05-07, 07:19 PM
[Lunchroom]

"He's annoying." Raril says frowning. "Tries way too hard. Made the track and football teams, and I heard him saying to our mother last night that he was going to make the Honor Roll too." The drow shakes his head, disapproving.

[The Roof]

"Just some creature comforts." Brie suggests. "I think I can grab some chairs, maybe a table. Might even be able to get some snacks." She tells him, smiling.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-07, 07:22 PM
Lunchroom

Jace looks surprised. "I'm sorry, that was quite rude of me. I'm Jacen; call me Jace."
He's always so bad at this sort of thing. Forgetting his name, I mean, really?

Halae
2013-05-07, 07:24 PM
[The Roof]

Amlin nods, "Cool. Tell a few people you trust, alright? The roof is a haven for us, but it doesn't just have to be us." of course, Amlin doesn't really have anybody else he'd tell, so it's on her to choose who.

Earl of Purple
2013-05-07, 07:24 PM
Lunchroom

"It's good to meet you, Jace." Terrowin smiles.

I think I'm running out of conversation.

The Bushranger
2013-05-07, 07:32 PM
Lunchroom

Zel also seems to pick up on that last one a little.

Really? What kinda car?

"Charger stock car," John says with a grin; if it had a horn no doubt it'd play Dixie. "It still needs a lot of work though; the last time it was out the driver tried to knock down the wall. The wall remained undefeated." He leaves out, of course, where the driver was him.

Deathkeeper
2013-05-07, 07:32 PM
Lunchroom

What a coincidence, so was I.
"And same to you. But alas, I'm out of time. I'll see you around."
And with one more look at his watch he'll stand up to go.

Gullara
2013-05-07, 07:34 PM

"...did you actually try and do a decent piece of work for once?" Damon asks, folding his arms. "If you didn't put the effort in, it'ss your own fault you failed."

"Shut up, Damon! I wrote, like, a whole half a page. I hate that stupid class. It's way too hard and all those papers are so dumb." Mimi protests. It's clearly not her fault she failed.

Beans
2013-05-07, 07:37 PM
[Hallways]

"Yeah, I totally agree with you. People should respect other people's personal space. I mean, admiring someone's body is fine, but if someone were to put their hands on me and wouldn't knock it off, I'd wanna see them expelled or taught a lesson too."

Or in a full body cast. Or covered in lesions from head to toe. Or dead. Dead works for Valaira too.

"I just wanted to let you know that I think you did the right thing today, even the teachers and principals say otherwise. Oh! I'm Valaira by the way, but you can call me Val if you want."

Valaira nods to Carrie and flashes a little toothy smile at her. She's trying to be friendly, after all. It doesn't hurt that she thinks that Carrie's wings are absolutely gorgeous either.
((It wasn't actually today; the wrist-breaking happened at her last school last year and stuff, which is why she goes here now~))
Blushing, Carrie glances shyly up at her for a moment before looking back down at her shoes. Ugh, did she really have to be this hot? Stupid Val and her stupid being attractive.

Oh, um, thanks... I... I'm Carrie. Just... Carrie, I guess. She knows some people call her Carrion 'cause of her vulture-like wings, but screw those people. She gives the hot foxygal a shy little smile, reaching up to toy with her hair nervously.

Artemis97
2013-05-07, 07:45 PM
[The Roof]

"Right, but we have to be careful. One slip and we'll lose it all." Brie didn't really know of anyone she trusted enough to confide in, just yet. Maybe that would change, though.

She grabbed her bags and got her shoes and skirt back on, before carefully checking on the situation down below. Seeing it was clear, the redhead smiled back at Amlin. "See you down stairs." She says before dropping out of sight.

Halae
2013-05-07, 07:49 PM
[The Roof]

Amlin nods, and will follow down shortly after, before hiding the rope rather well behind the garden club's vines. It's why he got the green color of rope, after all.

time to head to class, he guesses. It's possible he'll be interrupted in the hall though.

Gnrlshrimp
2013-05-07, 07:51 PM

So she didn't really try at all.

Damon doesn't say anything, just...kinda...stares at her for a minute, as if trying to make his mind up on something. Eventually, he speaks up "Do you want me to help you with the next one?"

Earl of Purple
2013-05-07, 07:54 PM
Lunchroom

"Goodbye. I hope to see you again." Terrowin will smile and wave as Jace leaves.

Morcleon
2013-05-07, 08:02 PM
Glad you could make it, El.

Felandria playfully elbows Eldana.

Now that you're here, I'm throwing a victory party at my house after the game, so let's not spoil it by losing.

She grins at her team, then peeks behind her at all the boys who came in to watch the girls practice, and by practice I mean watch cute girls in short shorts jump up and down.

Felandria didn't mind, she liked to give them a thrill, even though half of them were too scared to talk to her.

Despite her outgoing and friendly nature, Felandria felt a bit isolated at times, being pretty and popular does that sometimes, and being 6'4" didn't help either.

She didn't mind being so tall, she was a good athlete and was in line for a full ride scholarship at NU, but most boys were too intimidated to ask her out.

And sometimes, in the locker room, she wasn't sure if she was entirely interested in boys.

*sigh*

Oh well, back to practice, she wanted to win this weekend, it would look good on her record and help lock up her scholarship.

Gymnasium

Patty grinned at the tall girl as they praticed, the dark-haired girl flipping into a handstand after a few minutes, balancing. "Don't worry. We're gonna stomp them, 'cause we Refuse to Lose!" she declares, her grin growing as she backflips once more, tossing her hair back and reaching for a bottle of Gatorade.

Gymnasium/

Eldena breaks her uncaring face and smiles at Felandria.
We could always have a not-victory party, I've got just the dress.
And while it is clear she is joking, she very likely does have just the dress. She's known as the girl who has an outfit for everything, and it's only made slightly better by the fact that they all look perfect on her. It is an inborn talent.
The ref better not call a penalty if it hits my ears again.
She says, pulling them down over the sides of her head.

[Gymnasium]

"Oh be quiet Eldena. We aren't losing this one," yawns Yuki. She gives a mock glare to the rabbit-girl. "And you complain about your ears every day. Maybe you could gently tie them down or something?"

She gestures to her own violet ribbon, winking. "I have an extra if you want it~"

[Lunchroom>>Hallway's]

Angie barely touches her lunch as she struggles with her math homework. She eventually glance up at the clock and slam her book shut. She grabs the apple of her tray and downs the last of her milk. She dumps the rest of her lunch in the garbage on her way out. She carries her books heading to her locker. She still needs to head to the computer lab to finish up a paper that's deadline is fast approaching.

[Hallways]

As Angie approaches her locker, she may notice a short boy standing at said locker, trying to open it. He doesn't seem to notice her, though, and is getting increasingly frustrated from putting in his own combo, also not noticing that it's the wrong locker.

This one is dressed in a dark red plaid shirt, with sleeves rolled halfway up his arms, and white shorts. He's carrying a black computer back slung over one shoulder, matching his short black hair.

...he's also quite clearly a freshman. :smalltongue:

Terumitsu
2013-05-07, 08:04 PM
Women's Room

As Mimi exits the little party they've got going on in the rest room, She nearly smashes the door into the perfectly manicured hand of one of the more dangerous girls in school. Physically Julie isn't much to contend with, but she has a reputation as a reputation destroyer and insatiable gossip. Though nothing she's spread around has been provably lies, she's been known to twist the truth and only say what she wants others to hear.

Stepping back from Mimi's warpath, she peers into the washroom as she steps around and through the door. Three girls at the sink, an angry little athlete girl, and an open stall with dripping and gurgling coming from it?

Oh my, this is just marvelous, isn't it?

Her grin grows catty as she fishes out a napkin and tube of lipstick from her purse, "Don't mind me girls, just here to freshen up. Have to look my best for ballet this evening." Why her uncle Waldorf insisted that she attend a ballet class with such boring snobs is beyond her, but she at least enjoyed showing off enough to continue with it.

Clarissa rolled her eyes at Julie and simply did what she could to slide past the accumulating clog of people... Though some jostling was necessary due to the small crowd and it would be hard to tell if it was intentional but Julie may find her arm being bumped as she was applying her lipstick. Likely this would be a bit messy.

There would be enough time to try and call her out on it, of course.

But if not, then the hallway would be the next place she'd be going. Probably to the lunch room after that. She didn't exactly have any clubs or anything she belonged to so it was a lot of free time that she didn't have much to do with. Well, maybe draw a little bit or write in her journal but she didn't feel like it at the moment.

Lost_Deep
2013-05-07, 08:12 PM
[Lunchroom]

"He's annoying." Raril says frowning. "Tries way too hard. Made the track and football teams, and I heard him saying to our mother last night that he was going to make the Honor Roll too." The drow shakes his head, disapproving.

Copi raises an eyebrow. "Hmm... well, if he isn't overextending himself, I don't see the issue. He might be, but only time will tell on that."

The Alexandrian
2013-05-07, 08:12 PM
[Hallways]

((Ah. So it's old news, but still noteworthy news.))

Valaira has her own set of angelic wings tucked away under her shirt. She wishes her plumage were dark like Carrie's. That'd be so rad! She doesn't want to try to dye her wings. It'd be too much of a hassle and she never lets anybody see her wings if she can help it anyway.

Valaira finds Carrie's shyness incredibly cute. It's a big compliment in her book blushing, staring at her shoes, and toying with her hair like that.

"Pleased to meet you, Carrie."

"You interested in any of the teams or clubs this year? I was thinking of joining debate team, but it's a really big time commitment so I really don't know."

McBish
2013-05-07, 08:20 PM
[Hallways]

Angie watches the freshman try to open her locker for a bit before clearing her throat to get his attention. "I would check the locker number one more time." She smiles at him waiting for him to step aside so she can get to her locker.

Beans
2013-05-07, 08:33 PM
[Hallways]
I... don't really do any clubs, I wouldn't know, sorry. Carrie bites her lip, glancing up again before going back to her shoes.
At least her feet are nice too.
I... well, honestly, I just sort of hang out with my friend Karyana, sometimes some others and stuff...

Gullara
2013-05-07, 08:36 PM

So she didn't really try at all.

Damon doesn't say anything, just...kinda...stares at her for a minute, as if trying to make his mind up on something. Eventually, he speaks up "Do you want me to help you with the next one?"

Mimi doesn't stop glowering at him after his offer, but nor does she immediately say no. After a moment of inner conflict, the girl nods reluctantly. "Sure, I guess." She's not happy about it, but she really doesn't want to repeat English.

Gnrlshrimp
2013-05-07, 08:45 PM

"There'ss a condition to it, though. You want my help? Don't throw anyone elsse into a toilet. Jusst come find me when you get your next asssignment. You know where I'll be at lunch, right? Corner table. By mysself. Ssame ass alwayss." Damon lets out a hollow, hissing laugh. "I'm not hard to find."

Ashen Lilies
2013-05-07, 08:45 PM
Detention

After propping her feet up, Ivaz had leaned her head back and closed her eyes again.

So, she doesn't see the ball coming at all.

As soon as it hits her, Ivaz let's out a cry of surprise and snaps her eyes open again, looking for the guilty party.

[Detention]

Well it's totally not the one guy in the room bouncing a rubber ball against the wall. Totally not.

5a Violista
2013-05-07, 09:02 PM
[Calmly Walking in the Front Doorway, obviously late]

Harley the Evil Shapeshifter walks in, truant. She's wearing a black blouse, dark blue jeans, a way-too-large belt, and an uncaring attitude. In her black hair, she has a skull-shaped hairclip, and she has a bright orange and red kitten hanging on her shoulder.

After entering the school, she sits on a bench, almost daring someone to catch her as she puts on her fingerless Band Name Brand gloves.

Gullara
2013-05-07, 09:15 PM

Mimi rolls her eyes. "Fine, I won't do it again. Just don't tell anybody I'm getting help." And with that, the girl walks off in the opposite direction, still looking rather peeved.

Perhaps someone will encounter her? Though no one could blame anyone for giving her a wide berth.

The Alexandrian
2013-05-07, 09:24 PM
[Hallways]

"To be honest, I wouldn't participate in any of the clubs or teams they offer her either but, y'know, the more extracurricular activities you're involved in, the easier it is to go to the university of your choice and get scholarships. I know you've probably heard that a million times from the stodgy teachers and condescending councilors littering the school's offices and polluting our air and doing nothing but bark at us all the time but it's true! You should try a couple of them out or start your own if they don't have anything you're interested in!"

The better prepared people are for college, the more likely they are to win at life, Valaira believes!

Carrie's shoe-staring is beginning to get to Val at this point. Did she forget to fasten something that by all rights should be fastened? No, that usually makes people stare at her, not stare at anything but her. She takes a moment to check herself over just in case. She thinks everything is where it is supposed to be? Maybe?

-------
[Hallways - Outside of the Detention Room]

If Mimi wanders past this area, she could run into the paint-splattered Percilia if she wants.

Lord Magtok
2013-05-07, 09:31 PM
Ladies' Room

[Hallway > Ladies' Room]
Rolling her eyes, she peeks into the stall, wondering if Miss Angrypants managed to drown this one.

"Uuuuurgh..."

If only. Nope, Magtok's just going to have to live with the shame! He takes his time picking himself back up, not exactly in a rush to get on with his life again. It's only going to get worse from here on out, isn't it? After all, these kinds of miserable, awful, completely unbearable series of events always come in threes, right? First we had Clegg, then we had Mimi, and now it's someone else's turn. No reason to throw ourselves at this next assailant any sooner than strictly necessary, right?

Morcleon
2013-05-07, 09:35 PM
[Hallways]

Angie watches the freshman try to open her locker for a bit before clearing her throat to get his attention. "I would check the locker number one more time." She smiles at him waiting for him to step aside so she can get to her locker.

[Hallways]

"...huh? But this is..." He looks up at the number label, pauses, and slumps down slightly, sighing. "...not my locker, right. Thought that was a nine..."

He moves over three lockers and succeeds in opening the locker that actually is his. Giving a sideways glance to Angie, he smiles a little. "Thanks for that. If you hadn't come along, I'd probably have been stuck there for a lot longer."

"Oh, by the way, what's your name? I'm Nigel."

KerfuffleMach2
2013-05-07, 09:42 PM
[Lunchroom]

Zel winces a little. Ow. Poor car.

Not a care for the driver, though.

How long ago was that?

[Detention]

Ivaz is in detention. Therefore, she's doing as little thinking as possible right now. Not that she does much normally, but still.

Ivaz will give Kal a smirk. And the finger. Then she'll lean back again, but not closing her eyes this time. She doesn't wanna get hit with anything again.

[Girl's Bathroom]

Magtok's third awful event will just have to wait. Krystal will guide him over to the sinks and grab a handful of paper towels.

Hey, you okay? She'll use some to start wiping his face off. If he goes to grab the paper towels and do it himself, she won't resist at all.

Devixer
2013-05-07, 09:51 PM
Hallway - Lockers

Merrick heads to his locker, which happens to be next to Angie's. Without a word or even acknowledgement of either hers nor Nigel's presence, he turns the combo lock and opens the locker, grabbing a couple of his books from inside. The locker itself is clean and organized to the point of creepiness.

Beans
2013-05-07, 10:08 PM
[Hallways]

"To be honest, I wouldn't participate in any of the clubs or teams they offer her either but, y'know, the more extracurricular activities you're involved in, the easier it is to go to the university of your choice and get scholarships. I know you've probably heard that a million times from the stodgy teachers and condescending councilors littering the school's offices and polluting our air and doing nothing but bark at us all the time but it's true! You should try a couple of them out or start your own if they don't have anything you're interested in!"

The better prepared people are for college, the more likely they are to win at life, Valaira believes!

Carrie's shoe-staring is beginning to get to Val at this point. Did she forget to fasten something that by all rights should be fastened? No, that usually makes people stare at her, not stare at anything but her. She takes a moment to check herself over just in case. She thinks everything is where it is supposed to be? Maybe?

Carrie nods, biting her lip again. She's wealthy enough that she won't need a scholarship, most likely, but she won't go telling that to people. She's okay being 'that weird gloomy chick'; adding 'rich kid' into the mix would be bad. No. Not happening.

Um, well... maybe I will, I guess... I dunno what kind of club I'd want to start, unless an 'abandoned building' club is okay...
She realizes Val is unnerved by her shoe-staring and tries to look at her face... okay, her vision drops down... lingers... and she decides maybe looking at her shoulder works.

McBish
2013-05-07, 10:17 PM
[Hallways]

"I'm Angie, nice to meet you Nigel. Don't worry about it. Who knows maybe if you had given it enough tries you would have accidently stumbled on my combo." She says as she opens up her locker. She glances over at Merrick moving over a bit to give him space. Her locker has tall stacks of papers and books almost tipping out of her locker. She maneuvers to pull out what she needs before quickly shutting her locker.

5a Violista
2013-05-07, 10:20 PM
[Hallway]

Harley, now done sitting, stands up and walks down the hallways, taking a look at all the interesting posters lining the walls.

Wow, look at that one.

((Is there anybody free who I could have her run into?))

KerfuffleMach2
2013-05-07, 10:26 PM
[Hallway]

Harley, now done sitting, stands up and walks down the hallways, taking a look at all the interesting posters lining the walls.

Wow, look at that one.

((Is there anybody free who I could have her run into?))

Harley may notice a pile of books walking in her direction. A pile that is held up by a thin girl with long brown hair.

Alysha doesn't seem to notice Harley around those books, though.

Devixer
2013-05-07, 10:28 PM
Hallway

Merrick closes his locker as quick as he opened it, and walks on down the hall to one of his classes, not bothering to look at the other two that were right next to him. Angie probably knows enough about him to know that he's generally avoided anyway.

He might be headed in Harley's direction, if he isn't interrupted.

Library

Aiden is sitting at one of the tables in the corner of the library. He had meant to come here to catch up on homework, but he seems to have fallen asleep. Many people have talked about why Aiden has been seeming so tired and haggard from his sophomore to his senior year, as well as why he dropped out of every one of his extracurricular activities, even though he was on track to make captain on the hockey team.

5a Violista
2013-05-07, 10:31 PM
[Hallway]

Unfortunately for Alysha, Harley isn't paying much attention to where she's going, either. Too busy looking at the walls.

Assuming everything continues as-is, that means they'll crash into each other.

Merrick, along with everyone else in the hall, will probably see what's coming.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-05-07, 10:36 PM
[Hallway]

Alysha continues walking, humming a song that sounds a lot like "Under the Sea".

And then...crash! She walks right into Harley.

She'll fall back onto her butt, dropping all of her books.

Ow! Oh, what did I hit? She'll look up and see that it was a person. Oh no! I'm sorry! I didn't see you. Are you okay? I'm sorry! Her sentences are rather quick.

The Alexandrian
2013-05-07, 10:37 PM
[Hallways]

Val can't determine whether Carrie is looking at her shoulder, neck, or chest (though she has a sneaking suspicion that it's probably the last one), but she's accustomed to people staring at those, so it doesn't faze her in the least.

"Sounds like you might want to see about starting an architectural club or a historic site preservation club."

Valaira shrugs. She's never heard of a club founded with the goal of doing something with abandoned buildings.

"Do you hang out in an abandoned building or something?"

She curiously inquires.

That isn't necessarily a bad thing to do from Val's perspective, but it is weird thing to say the least.

Devixer
2013-05-07, 10:41 PM
Hallway

Merrick sees the impending traffic accident, and he doesn't bother to warn either. He keeps on walking, and he might even step on a book or finger. He doesn't intend to, but he doesn't intend not to either.

5a Violista
2013-05-07, 10:42 PM
[Hallway]

Harley falls over, as well. In addition, her orange kitten leaps off her shoulder to avoid getting squished.

"Ow, Yes, I'm alright. I should've been paying more attention. I was pretty distracted," she says, looking first down and then at Alysha. "Here...I'll help you get your books..."
Harley leans towards Alysha to pick up a book or two.

The Bushranger
2013-05-07, 10:43 PM
[Lunchroom]

Zel winces a little. Ow. Poor car.

Not a care for the driver, though.

How long ago was that?

"Last weekend. It'll all be fixed by Saturday though," John says with a grin. "And yeah, the driver could have done...better."

KerfuffleMach2
2013-05-07, 10:44 PM
[Hallway]

Harley may notice that a few of the books share a common author. A man named Ansem.

Oh, thank you. Again, I'm really sorry about that. Lotta books, you know?

Harley may also notice that Alysha has a canvas shoulder bag. Which seems to be empty. It's big enough that it could probably hold at least half of the pile of books.

[Lunchroom]

So, who was this mystery driver, and did you kick his ass for doing that to your car?

Beans
2013-05-07, 10:45 PM
[Hallways]

Val can't determine whether Carrie is looking at her shoulder, neck, or chest (though she has a sneaking suspicion that it's probably the last one), but she's accustomed to people staring at those, so it doesn't faze her in the least.

"Sounds like you might want to see about starting an architectural club or a historic site preservation club."

Valaira shrugs. She's never heard of a club founded with the goal of doing something with abandoned buildings.

"Do you hang out in an abandoned building or something?"

She curiously inquires.

That isn't necessarily a bad thing to do from Val's perspective, but it is weird thing to say the least.
Carrie giggles nervously, wings ruffling. Um, well, ever been to the old unused Building Three here? Karyana found this cool attic, nobody goes there... I-I like peace and quiet, so abandoned places are good for that...

She tries again to look the prettier girl in the face.
It's good getting away from the crowds...

Hattish Thing
2013-05-07, 10:52 PM
You just struck that student with your cane. Since you care so much about the regulations, will you be heading straight to detention or do I have to talk to the principal? The British boy gives a vulpine smirk. And then he looks over at the newcomer, stepping back to make room for her as he sizes her up.

Clegg rolls his eyes and completely ignores the young woman behind him, his sexist nature showing a bit. He doesn't crack a smile, but merely barks out the words in a tone much like a teacher explaining something simple to a child that just doesn't understand. Oh child... I was enforcing rules. Assisting in the punishment and capture of a known rule-breaker. I'm allowed to bend the rules, for the greater good. I should go find Magtok, and guide him to detention. Take care you do not follow. He'll then be off to find Magtok!

Ladies Restroom

Clegg... walks in, limping. Completely careless, not minding being inside a woman's restroom. He'll walk in and look to see Magtok. Or possible bump into him. Magtok! Come here, now.

5a Violista
2013-05-07, 10:53 PM
[Hallway]

Ansem? Who's that? He must be some famous romance novelist, Harley figures.

Harley, upon giving the books she collected back to Alysha, points at the bag. "Why don't you just carry some of them in the bag? It would be a lot easier that way, wouldn't it?"

While speaking, Harley reaches back to grab her kitten again.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-05-07, 10:56 PM
[Hallway]

Alysha stares at Harley for a moment.

You know...that is a brilliant idea! Why didn't I think of that? She'll happily start to stuff some books into her bag.

Until she sees the kitten that is. Once her eyes gaze upon its fluffiness, Alysha gives out a little squeal of joy.

Aw, it's so cute! Can I pet it? What's its name? It it a boy or a girl? Can I please pet it? Somehow, she seems to be more hyper than she was earlier.

5a Violista
2013-05-07, 11:03 PM
[Hallway]

Okay...this is embarrassing. Harley looks up and down the hallway and hopes that nobody notices her.

She blinks, and holds the cat out to Alysha. "Her name is Lasair," she says. "You can hold her, if you want." Anything to make her less hyper. It could hurt Harley's image to be seen in public with someone like this.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-05-07, 11:06 PM
[Hallway]

Alysha will happily hold the cat. Aw, she's so cute! She'll try to gently snuggle Lasair.

Those who know Alysha here know that she is probably the nicest person you could run into. She's a little enthusiastic about things, and not the brightest bulb in the chandelier.

Beans
2013-05-07, 11:10 PM
Clegg rolls his eyes and completely ignores the young woman behind him, his sexist nature showing a bit. He doesn't crack a smile, but merely barks out the words in a tone much like a teacher explaining something simple to a child that just doesn't understand. Oh child... I was enforcing rules. Assisting in the punishment and capture of a known rule-breaker. I'm allowed to bend the rules, for the greater good. I should go find Magtok, and guide him to detention. Take care you do not follow. He'll then be off to find Magtok!

Ladies Restroom

Clegg... walks in, limping. Completely careless, not minding being inside a woman's restroom. He'll walk in and look to see Magtok. Or possible bump into him. Magtok! Come here, now.

Neca turns and just... looks at him. Tired, not wanting to deal with his crap.
Hi, you're a dude, get your ass out, end of message.
She puts herself in his way, starting to get sick of people.

5a Violista
2013-05-07, 11:15 PM
[Hallway]

Even worse! How can Harley maintain a cool, aloof tough-girl act when people know that she associates with a nice person!?!

The horror of being forever known as "Nice-Person's Friend" is apparent on Harley's face for a second or two.

Alysha's comment knocks her back into reality. "Oh. Um...yeah. Yeah, Lasair is." Harley takes a deep breath, and steels her voice into a gruffer voice. "Anyway, I was wondering if you knew where I could find a key to the boiler room." That is where she wanted to go, but she wasn't planning on asking anybody about it. This is just to make her look tougher.

The cat, being snuggled, purrs happily, and seems to literally warm up a couple of degrees (Fahrenheit, of course.)

KerfuffleMach2
2013-05-07, 11:19 PM
[Hallway]

Alysha thinks for a moment, still snuggling with Lasair.

Um...well...I would guess the janitor would have one. I mean, they kinda have to, right? Or the maintenance guy. Maybe the office staff? She shrugs a little. I don't know. Why do you want to go into the boiler room?

Oh, she's warm.

The Alexandrian
2013-05-07, 11:26 PM
[Hallways]

I don't know if I'd call Val prettier. Beauty is ofttimes in the eye of the beholder and the beauty of the body is much less important than the one's true inner beauty, the beauty of one's spirit. The beauty of the body withers away with the ravages of time and fades into eternity while the beauty of the spirit endures. Then again, this is high school and most of the average high school students don't think about romance and dating on that level, that there is not love but lust at first sight.

"I heard that that place was haunted! But yeah, I feel you. It's nice to be alone sometimes. Just be careful not to hurt yourselves in there!"

Because nobody would be there to help them. That's a scary thought.

"Anyway, I have a doctor's appointment to get to so I gotta jet. I have to get a tetanus shot."

Val winces. Gosh she hates shots.

"Do you want my phone number? If you ever need something, I've got your back and if you ever want to hang I'm game for it."

Valaira is turning out to be a whole lot nicer than I had thought she'd be.

5a Violista
2013-05-07, 11:30 PM
[Hallway]

Now, Harley nods. "Yeah, she does that sometimes. It's not pretty when she's hungry, though." She knows that from experience.

Now, back to business. Really important business. "Well, the thing is, I heard that, in the Boiler Room, every day from midnight to 1 AM, there's a haunted mirror that appears in there, because a couple of years back, a young transfer student girl got locked down there and couldn't get out and turned into a ghost." Harley's older sister told her so. "I heard that if you meet her, then she comes out of the mirror and will either grant you a wish or eat your soul or something similar like that."

"I just wanted to see if it's true or not."

((Edit: Wow, what a coincidence that who characters say the place is haunted, one after another!))

Beans
2013-05-07, 11:32 PM
[Hallways]
Carrie certainly thinks of Val as prettier, but then again so many people think too much or too little of themselves.
Or both.

Carrie whips her phone out, nodding as she opens up the new contact screen.
I-I-I, yes, yes please... I'd like that, thank you.
And I haven't had to have Carrie flip out on anyone yet!

Dark Elf Bard
2013-05-07, 11:35 PM
Carrie giggles nervously, wings ruffling. Um, well, ever been to the old unused Building Three here? Karyana found this cool attic, nobody goes there... I-I like peace and quiet, so abandoned places are good for that...

She tries again to look the prettier girl in the face.
It's good getting away from the crowds...

*jumps in*

It's been a hard day for Charlotte so far; getting to her new school, registering, the schedule... Being homeschooled was much easier. But, her older sister doesn't know everything, so she has to transfer here.

Charlotte is a very attractive dakr elf girl, a sophomore. Her gray face is pretty and smooth, but part oof it is covered by her hair. She wears a blue hoodie and is trying to inconspicious as she stares at the girl with wings.

Trip! Charlotte's textbooks go flying everywhere!
Sorry, sorry, that was my fault, I'm being clumsy. The drow manages a weak smile towards the other two as she scrambles to pick the books up.I-it's my first day, hi. M-my name is Charlotte. She looks scared out of her wits, but hey, it's kinda rude not to apologize to someone after dropping stuff on them!

KerfuffleMach2
2013-05-07, 11:36 PM
[Hallways]

Alysha listens to Harley story with intent. By the end of it, her eyes are wider than they were earlier.

Really? Wow...that's cool! Her excitement seems to be picking up again. Let's go get the janitor to let us in there!

Without waiting, Alysha will turn in the direction of the janitor's office and start walking. Still holding Lasair, mind you.

FireFox
2013-05-07, 11:36 PM
[Hallway]

The girl takes the opening given by the British boy to shove her way over to her locker, slamming it open to reveal a small duffel bag, which she removes, and replaces with her books and backpack. The inside of the locker, if anyone cares to look closely, is plastered with a strange combination of science fiction posters, pictures of robots and torn out notebook pages scrawled all over in diagrams, notes and technical schematics. She closes the locker. She might be 16, but looks much younger, still sporting the thin, shapeless frame of a young girl, only accentuated by her lack of height. She carries herself with a slight slouch, her face locked in a permanent expression of belligerent defiance.
"Thanks." She says as she steps away from the locker, not really sounding thankful at all though.

Toby curiously looks at the schematics, then smiles at the girl, offering his hand. You're quite welcome. I'm Toby Goswell, the transfer student from Eton. Thenadier is ignored, except for a brief clenching of his fists.

5a Violista
2013-05-07, 11:46 PM
[Hallways] => [Janitor's Office]

Harley blinks, several times. Wow, this could be a lot easier than previously thought. If Alysha gets the key for her, then Harley wouldn't have to take it by stealth.

"Okay," she says, not really minding that her cat is still in Alysha's hands. Of course, she'll want it back sooner or later, but not necessarily right now. "Do you think it'll work?"

KerfuffleMach2
2013-05-07, 11:48 PM
[Hallways - Janitor's Office]

Alysha shrugs again. No idea. But what's the worst that could happen? He says no?

Still smiling, Alysha will reach out and politely knock on the door.

((You wanna be the janitor for this?))

5a Violista
2013-05-07, 11:59 PM
[Janitor's Office]

((Sure, I'll be him.))

A gruff voice answers the knocking, while the door remains closed. "Tell Ms. Witherspoon that I'm on my way," he says, apparently annoyed. "Just got to finish something first," he says through the door.

Harley wonders what's the deal with that.

KerfuffleMach2
2013-05-08, 12:02 AM
[Janitor's Office]

Alysha gets a confused look for a moment, then shakes her head a little and clears her throat.

Um, actually, we were wondering if you could open the boiler room so we could go in and see about a haunted mirror down there? To see if it's real and stuff.

The way she sees it, there's no reason to lie to him about their motives at all.

The Alexandrian
2013-05-08, 12:05 AM
[Hallway]

Carrie flipout time now? :smallconfused::smalltongue:

"Okay, it's..."

INCOMING!!! Hit the deck! Hit the deck! :smalleek::smalleek::smalleek:

Valaira has stuff dropped on her feets!

Huh. She didn't even move a muscle in response to that book spillage. She quickly turns her attention to the clumsy new kid. Eh, it's the girl's first day. Val is more than willing to cut her some slack.

"First day, huh? Pro tip: if you carry your books around like that between classes, someone is bound to push you out of their way and you'll drop all of them and then you'll be late a second late for your class with a teacher and he'll assign you detention time."

Val warns as she stoops over to help Charlotte gather her books, stealthily studying any strange notes or drawings that Charlotte might've dropped.

Beans
2013-05-08, 12:10 AM
[Hallway]
Carrie meeps, trying to step out of the way and scoring a textbook to the chest and another to the leg; she stumbles back, bumps into Val, and feels a warm, smooth brush of skin against skin.
Yelping in alarm, she recoils and trips over the poor drow girl, landing flat on her back in the hall.
S-sorry...

5a Violista
2013-05-08, 12:15 AM
[Janitor's Office]

There's a grunt.
Finally, the door opens.

It's a fat dwarf with a nametag that says "Jo" on it. "Yeah, sure. I just love to help kids go into dangerous rooms so I can get in trouble with The Boss," he says with so much sarcasm that you can see it. "If anybody can trace this back to me, I'll be fired before you can count to seventy. So, no."

He goes back into his office and slams the door.

However, if either Alysha or Harley look at the ground where he was standing, they'll notice that he dropped a key.

Dark Elf Bard
2013-05-08, 12:40 AM
[Hallway]
Carrie meeps, trying to step out of the way and scoring a textbook to the chest and another to the leg; she stumbles back, bumps into Val, and feels a warm, smooth brush of skin against skin.
Yelping in alarm, she recoils and trips over the poor drow girl, landing flat on her back in the hall.
S-sorry...

The drow girl lets out a small yelp as well when Carrie falls.

No, d-don't apologize, I should have been paying attention. She blushes a deep blue, standing out against her dark gray cheeks. She seems both embarassed and ashamed at knocking Carrie over.

I didn't know that... th-thabks for the advice?

Gnrlshrimp
2013-05-08, 12:57 AM
Ladies Restroom

I would like to point out that Damon was still standing just outside the restroom, and he's not going to let someone just walk into the girls' room. But fair enough, I'm alright assuming Clegg managed to open the door before Damon could get to him.

So, seeing Clegg has decided to behave like a total ass, Damon tries to grab him by the back of his shirt and drag him back out of the restroom, stepping into the restroom for as little time as possible "Ssorry girlss, let me get thiss pig out of here for you." He says, keeping his eyes fixed on Clegg and nothing else.

The Alexandrian
2013-05-08, 12:59 AM
[Hallway]

Oh her gods! Oh her gods! Oh her gods! :smalleek: That looked like Carrie took a rather nasty spill!

Valaira drops everything she was about to try to do and wastes no time in rushing to Carrie's side. Oh her gods she hopes both of the girls are alright.

"Ohmygods! Are you okay, Carrie? How many fingers am I holding up?"

Val urgently asks in a worried voice, holding two finger up in front of the decked gal and offering her other hand to Carrie to help her get up if she really is uninjured.

That was, like, totally bogus, dude!

Zefir
2013-05-08, 01:31 AM
[Dention]

Mr. C looks up from his newspaper again as he hears the cry. He writes a note on his list. Then he shakes his head in the 'that kids' way. Before he turns the newspaper up, he looks at the clock. 10 minutes to go and he is nearly donw with the newspaper. He sights and continues to read the newspaper.

[Hallway]

A young boy is walking up the hallway. His spiky brown hear look a bit rumpeled up. He took a nap at one of the sports halls. His jeans and t shirt looks a bit weared out as well. He yawns and barly pays attention to what's going on right now, maybe he is to tired, since he looked the documatation of the handball championchip last night.

Felandria
2013-05-08, 01:47 AM
[Gymnasium]

"Oh be quiet Eldena. We aren't losing this one," yawns Yuki. She gives a mock glare to the rabbit-girl. "And you complain about your ears every day. Maybe you could gently tie them down or something?"

She gestures to her own violet ribbon, winking. "I have an extra if you want it~"

That's the spirit.

And don't worry, El, you aren't the only one with ear issues.

Next person calls me Spock is getting spiked.

The Bushranger
2013-05-08, 01:53 AM
[Lunchroom]

So, who was this mystery driver, and did you kick his ass for doing that to your car?

John shakes his head bemusedly at that.
"Honestly, I wish I could, but unfortunatly I'm insufficently flexible to be able to do that to myself..."

happyturtle
2013-05-08, 06:47 AM
Detention

"As long as you get it back," Charity says. She'd be livid if the school tried to confiscate her sketchbook - on which she's currently working on a drawing of a certain smoking hawt troublemaker :smalltongue:. "What was in it? They've never tried to take any of mine."

Slii Arhem
2013-05-08, 07:00 AM
Ladies' Room

"Uuuuurgh..."

If only. Nope, Magtok's just going to have to live with the shame! He takes his time picking himself back up, not exactly in a rush to get on with his life again. It's only going to get worse from here on out, isn't it? After all, these kinds of miserable, awful, completely unbearable series of events always come in threes, right? First we had Clegg, then we had Mimi, and now it's someone else's turn. No reason to throw ourselves at this next assailant any sooner than strictly necessary, right?

Clarissa rolled her eyes at Julie and simply did what she could to slide past the accumulating clog of people... Though some jostling was necessary due to the small crowd and it would be hard to tell if it was intentional but Julie may find her arm being bumped as she was applying her lipstick. Likely this would be a bit messy.

There would be enough time to try and call her out on it, of course.

But if not, then the hallway would be the next place she'd be going. Probably to the lunch room after that. She didn't exactly have any clubs or anything she belonged to so it was a lot of free time that she didn't have much to do with. Well, maybe draw a little bit or write in her journal but she didn't feel like it at the moment.

Neca turns and just... looks at him. Tired, not wanting to deal with his crap.
Hi, you're a dude, get your ass out, end of message.
She puts herself in his way, starting to get sick of people.

I would like to point out that Damon was still standing just outside the restroom, and he's not going to let someone just walk into the girls' room. But fair enough, I'm alright assuming Clegg managed to open the door before Damon could get to him.

So, seeing Clegg has decided to behave like a total ass, Damon tries to grab him by the back of his shirt and drag him back out of the restroom, stepping into the restroom for as little time as possible "Ssorry girlss, let me get thiss pig out of here for you." He says, keeping his eyes fixed on Clegg and nothing else.

Ladies' Room

When Clarissa bumps into Julie's elbow the most reaction it gets is the lipstick being pulled from her lips to prevent smudging and a raised eyebrow at the retreating girl. Good effort, but not quite good enough for her chosen target.

And then the nonsense with Clegg begins to happen, and Julie takes the time to finish applying a fresh coat, smack her lips, and turn sinuously towards the door, her face contorting into a mask of horror and shock that's likely fake for how practiced it is, but still admirably realistic.

"EEEEEEEEEK PERVERT!!! CREEP!! GET THE HECK OUT OF HERE CLEGG!!!" Anyone in the halls will likely hear Julie's perfect soprano shriek as she whips her hand into her purse and grabs the first thing she finds to hurl at Clegg. A halfway open packet of sanitary napkins, the kind soaked in antiseptic and usually sealed up, is on a collision course with his forehead.

If she sees that he's being pulled out by Damon, she'll also attempt to shove the door closed behind him with an angry huff and jam the tip of one of her high heels under the crack to keep it shut.

[Detention]

Kal's grin slips open a few notches as Mr. C goes on his tirade. He leans towards Misha, adjusting his aim on the bouncing ball slightly so that the next throw will bounce off of Ivaz's head, rather than the wall.
"Well, I'm so glad to have been a source of inspiration for you guys, but the swim team just takes too much time off my hands. Why be swimming when there are so many other wonderful things I could be doing instead, yeah?"

Detention

"Because swim team actually takes the least practice time out of any of the sports teams in school since our coach is a lazy ass who's coasting on our success, and yet it still provides a full sport credit for the year? Besides, if you back me up on a group coed team, there's nothing stopping us from pushing for coed showers to save more of your precious time and put that morale boosting smile of yours to good use."

And of course, she wouldn't be bargaining with Kal if she didn't know she'd have to sweeten the deal, "And you know I'd be really grateful for it, don't you? Really really grateful." Misha attempts to slip one leg off of her hard plastic chair and let her sandal drop off of it as she slides it back behind her, trying to touch Kal's ankle with her toes.

((I'm picturing Misha sitting at the desk in front of Kal for the purposes of the conversation, if you thought different disregard the last part.))

Viera Champion
2013-05-08, 07:33 AM
[Gymnasium]

That's the spirit.

And don't worry, El, you aren't the only one with ear issues.

Next person calls me Spock is getting spiked.

Gymnasium

El shoots a mock glare at Yuki.
My ears are my pride, you would not want to take away the pride of your Libero would you?
She likes throwing out her unique position on the court. She then grins over at Fel before picking up a ball and hitting it to her.

((Finally, my experience managing my school's Volleyball team this year is coming in handy :smallbiggrin:))

Beans
2013-05-08, 07:49 AM

Neca helps, reaching to shove Clegg out. Next time you come in here, idiot, you'll be the one breathing toilet water.
Damon, cram him in a locker or something.

[Hallway]

Oh her gods! Oh her gods! Oh her gods! :smalleek: That looked like Carrie took a rather nasty spill!

Valaira drops everything she was about to try to do and wastes no time in rushing to Carrie's side. Oh her gods she hopes both of the girls are alright.

"Ohmygods! Are you okay, Carrie? How many fingers am I holding up?"

Val urgently asks in a worried voice, holding two finger up in front of the decked gal and offering her other hand to Carrie to help her get up if she really is uninjured.

That was, like, totally bogus, dude!

Carrie winces, shaking her head. Two... I-I don't think I hit my head, I'm okay. She gently brushes Val's hand aside and starts to get up by herself.
I'm fine, I just got startled and fell a little, I've had worse...

Lost_Deep
2013-05-08, 08:08 AM
Detention

Vriveka smiles and stifles a snigger. "There might have been some pictures of certainly not anyone at this school... suffering horrible fates. Maybe a few references to things that teachers would prefer were fiction. I got the feeling that they wanted to take my lovecraft books, too, but couldn't because it's, you know, classic literature."

She nods. "Thankfully, I left my fanfic at home. If they had found that, they might have suspended me, and told my mother to get me professional help. Because it's not like all the best writers of ever were disturbed."

...I don't want to know.

Shadowcaller
2013-05-08, 08:32 AM
[Hallways]

"Thanks Cessie." Sakura straightens before she gets far and smiles at her friend. She opens her lock now that her hands are mostly free, and opens it so Cessie can put the books right in.

"I'm doing pretty good, and I'm finally getting caught up on the homework I had after missing all that school." Cessie will remember that Sakura was in a bad state in her early pregnancy. The dryad peels off her shoes and shoves them in her locker too. "I hate my shoes, though. they're so tight now and my feet ache all the time."

[Hallways]

"You can't go around shoeless in school Sakura." That was irregular! "Maybe you should buy a new pair? I know a store which sells these all the best brands. My sisters and I go there all the time." Yes, since your friend can totally buy new shoes just like that Cessie.

Lord Magtok
2013-05-08, 09:12 AM
Ladies Restroom

Oh look, there's painful and/or embarrassing event number three, right on schedule! Wait...or is it? Do repeats count? I mean, technically this is just an extension of the first miserable incident that happened just a few moments ago. Looks like Clegg is even being ambushed by the other students before they can reach Mag, too. They're either shoving him out or grotesque body-morphing monsters a la The Thing, depending on whether or not Magtok can believe what he's seeing, with all the toilet water in his eye.

"I'll be fine. Just a little damp."

Blugh, this is just what Magtok needed. He was happy enough in his own little world, ignoring and being ignored by the girls of this school. Now they're all going to giggle about this behind his back, or worse, they're going to pity 'the poor swirlie kid.' The last thing Thomas 'Magtok' Godlark ever wanted was anyone's pity.