PDA

View Full Version : Searching for artist for semi-established webcomic

PhantomFox
2013-05-06, 09:54 PM
So after a year and a half, the partner I had been working with for Deep Forest (http://deepforestcomic.com/comic/?p=4) is moving on due to some personal reasons. Thus, I am stuck as a webcomic writer without an artist or personal artistic abilities.

So I appeal to the Playground to see if there is anyone interested in picking up where we have left off at. The webcomic has its own site, and a small but growing readership. Updates are 1/week with potential to increase. So by any small chance would there be someone interested in working with me?

Domochevsky
2013-05-07, 06:00 AM
Aw, that is unfortunate. :/
(And I can't help you there at all, due to already working on two comics.)

TheWombatOfDoom
2013-05-07, 07:46 AM
Is it a paid job or are we just talking on a volenteer basis?

PhantomFox
2013-05-07, 08:31 AM
Is it a paid job or are we just talking on a volenteer basis?

Not paid, but an equal share in any profits made in the future in case this takes off. So far all I have is add revenue which I've been reinvesting into advertising.

PhantomFox
2013-05-23, 04:16 PM
If I were to pay someone, what is the average going rate for a 1/week schedule of 6-8 panels?

Domochevsky
2013-05-23, 04:45 PM
Hm, back when I did that for a while my rate was 45$ (Full Effort) per page; being below standard, which is more around 60$. :smallconfused:

PhantomFox
2013-05-23, 05:47 PM
Well nertz. I was afraid of that. The quotes I've received so far are reasonable for the amount of work being done, but I simply can't afford it at this point. Which is a shame. Guess I'm going to have to try and hard sell someone on the story so they want to be a part of writing it.

Dr.Epic
2013-05-24, 03:37 PM
Have you considered a kickstarter? If it's semi-established, how hard can it be to raise some funds for an artist?

PhantomFox
2013-05-24, 10:46 PM
Because then I'm essentially holding the comic hostage for donation money, and that'd be kinda scumbagish of me.