PDA

View Full Version : LOC (Lords of Creation) rule building

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

mystic1110
2013-06-05, 07:54 AM
I like this idea for an initial premise of a Lords of Creation game. ]

Woot! I love coming up with premises . . . thats why I was really sad when Answered Prayers fell through and History of the Usurpers got derailed. They had so much potential.

Perhaps make it that you have to have been playing for 2-4 weeks first before you can have a baby? :smalltongue:

I'm good with this? Anyone against this? something like:

When considering making another GOD, try to think of a thematic reason you would give birth to them - not just randomly getting preggers. Make them in a truely EPIC way. If you're making the god of fire - by all means try to expend some AP in their making - make a volcano and in that volcano have him RISE. Also try to be older than your hildren by a significant amount - unless you want to be a Teen Mom. Wait at least 2 rollovers before spawning another god. This is not a HARD rule, but just a strongly worded suggestion.

Emperor Demonking
2013-06-05, 08:01 AM
I don't think that's an awful rule, but it would be annoying to be the ninth person to sign up if your progenitor waits two rollovers.

mystic1110
2013-06-05, 08:05 AM
Well the 8 original God maximum is (or at least i always treated it that way) a guideline as well. We have had games with 10 original gods. 15. 4. 6.

Mynxae
2013-06-05, 08:58 AM
That would fit better, I think.

Of course, I dunno if we want to make it a set limit at all... Didn't I end up making you, for perfectly logical in-story reasons, less than that into my time in BW-ES? :smallconfused: It seems like it might fit better as one of the guidelines than a hard rule; that gives a bit more flexibility for telling cool stories while still acting as a check.

That's true.. But then your goddess giving birth to Isyldar didn't make too much sense thematically either did it? :smalleek:

I'm good with this? Anyone against this? something like:

When considering making another GOD, try to think of a thematic reason you would give birth to them - not just randomly getting preggers. Make them in a truely EPIC way. If you're making the god of fire - by all means try to expend some AP in their making - make a volcano and in that volcano have him RISE. Also try to be older than your hildren by a significant amount - unless you want to be a Teen Mom. Wait at least 2 rollovers before spawning another god. This is not a HARD rule, but just a strongly worded suggestion.

I don't think that's an awful rule, but it would be annoying to be the ninth person to sign up if your progenitor waits two rollovers.

Perhaps make it that a rollover or two is just a recommendation and/or guideline, rather than an enforced rule. I do like the possible AP expenditure and/or epic way to introduce a newborn god though. :smallamused:

mystic1110
2013-06-05, 09:35 AM
Note on my divine combat proposal. I've done some simulations and came up with the need to nerf the HP gain. Domains will now give you +4 and Artifacts will give you +2. This was because if you invested solely in HP even a god who invested solely for attack will fail to kill you more than 2/3 of the time. Additionally a battle between a god solely invested in defense verse one solely invested in HP will always be a draw (after a certain point - not in the beggining). Meaning if you want to WIN and not just NOT LOSE any divine battles around elder deity status you need to invest in attack.

The Mortal Combat works fine - as long as people are honest what martial is. . . problem is I can't differentiate between HOW martial. Society that has guns would get +1, while at the same time a society that has Horsemanship may also get +1. I might state that the society that has more of a technological/magical advantage will get the +1, but that would invite OOC debate.

But then I got to thinking. OOC debate is good IF IT IS STRUCTURED. Maybe something like this

0) Remember ALL COMBAT IS ENCOURAGED TO BE DISCUSSED AND FIGURED OUT OOC BEFEORE RESORTING TO RCR. RCR should only be used for close calls. If your society is martial in that they use spears and your opponent is martial because they use tanks - give up - admit you lost. You could resort to RCR, but frankly doing so would be against the spirit of the game. If you Truely believe you can win however - honestly win through terrain/tactics/magic/propaganda/leadership/ect - say so in the OOC before RCR.
1) Each mortal rolls 1d6. The Higher roll wins the encounter
2) If the mortal is part of a society that is thematically martial they recieve +1 to this roll. Be honest.
3) If the mortal is part of a nation that is thematically martial they recieve +1 to this roll. Be honest.
4) Mortals receive +1 for each organization they are in that is thematically martial. Be Honest. Organization bonuses can't exceed +2. (Multi-national organizations count for this maximum)
5) If the Mortal is a Hero they recieve +2. Leaders receive no bonus. Also if a hero would lose a RCR roll a 1d6. If it is a 6 they instead win the battel. This represents the 1 in a million odds that heroes fall into with annoying frequency. If the opponent was also a hero, then they may also roll a 1d6, and if it is a 6 the orginal outcome of the one on one is still valid
6) if the Mortal is a magical life and that species of life is has some sort of martial or offensive/defensive innate magic that the mortal recieve a +1
7) if the Mortal is a fabeled life and that species of life is has some sort of martial or offensive/defensive innate magic that the mortal recieve a +6 (FABLED LIFE IS FABLED. A DRAGON IS HARD TO KILL EVEN FOR A HERO)
8) If the mortal is carrying a relic or artifact given to him by a god she receives +3 (Because Relics and artifacts are now the same, this bonus is justified by the choice of giving up RCR for a god.. A mortal may only carry 1 Relic.
9) For each magical or advanced concept that your mortal knows that would give her martial advantage she receives +1. (Maximum of +3)
10) outsiders get +2 on their home plane.
12) The winning mortal may choose to do anything to the losing mortal, except kill that mortal unless it was discussed OOC first. Please be realistic - if your mortal would die, then allow that mortal to die.

One more RCR proposal

Breif proposal for Society vs. Society.

0) Remember ALL COMBAT IS ENCOURAGED TO BE DISCUSSED AND FIGURED OUT OOC BEFEORE RESORTING TO RCR. RCR should only be used for close calls. If your society is martial in that they use spears and your opponent is martial because they use tanks - give up - admit you lost. You could resort to RCR, but frankly doing so would be against the spirit of the game. If you Truely believe you can win however - honestly win through terrain/tactics/magic/propaganda/leadership/ect - say so in the OOC before RCR.
1) This RCR is reserved for WAR or the equivilant, be that a GUILD war, a COLD WAR. Political battles do not count.
2) Each group/army/nation/organization rolls 1d6. The Higher roll wins the encounter
3) If the group/army/nation/organization is part of a society that is thematically martial they recieve +1 to this roll. Be honest.
4) If the group/army/nation/organizationis part of a nation that is thematically martial they recieve +1 to this roll. Be honest.
5) group/army/nation/organization receive +1 for each organization they are in that is thematically martial. Be Honest. Organization bonuses can't exceed +2. (Multi-national organizations count for this maximum)
6) If the group/army/nation/organization is LED by a Hero they recieve +2. They must be led by the hero - not just have a Hero there. If they are LED by a Legend they recieve +4
7) if the race is a magical life and that species of life is has some sort of martial or offensive/defensive innate magic that the mortal recieve a +1
8) if the race is a fabeled life and that species of life is has some sort of martial or offensive/defensive innate magic that the mortal recieve a +6 (FABLED LIFE IS FABLED. A DRAGON IS HARD TO KILL EVEN FOR A HERO)
9) Just because the HERO is carrying a Relic, the group/army/nation/organization gets no bonus. Unless the relic has been approved to give one in the OOC.
10) For each magical or advanced concept that your group/army/nation/organization knows that would give her martial advantage she receives +1. (Maximum of +3)
11) group/army/nation/organization gets +1 for each LEADER that would reasonably aid them in such a battle (Maximum is +5!)
12) The winning group/army/nation/organization may choose to do anything to the losing group/army/nation/organization , except Destroy Entirely that group/army/nation/organization unless it was discussed OOC first. Please be realistic - if your group/army/nation/organization would be vanquished, then allow that mortal to die.

For the above RCR if the battle is political or artistic or anything non-martial in nature, you may still roll for RCR, but every reeference to martial bonuses is replaced with the appropriate word (one change would be that Leaders would recieve +1). For example if you decide to have a political battle a flaming sword of light might not give you +3, unless you say you use it as a threat or as an attempt to evangalize, while a relic that is essentially the silver tounge of the god of lies, would give you +3 to political battles.

mystic1110
2013-06-11, 07:50 AM
So i'm guessing lack of response is tacit approval? :smalltongue:

Elricaltovilla
2013-06-11, 08:35 AM
So i'm guessing lack of response is tacit approval? :smalltongue:

Or that I'm busy at work. C'mon mystic you know I have an opinion about everything :smalltongue:

mystic1110
2013-06-11, 09:06 AM
Or that I'm busy at work. C'mon mystic you know I have an opinion about everything :smalltongue:

You do you do. . .

Okay: Outside the RCR rules and the AP which look roughly fleshed out although no one is truely happy with all of them, the bright side is that no one is truely upset with them. The Shard rules still need to be fleshed out. Apparently we aren't doing the whole "pay 1 AP: keep something secret thing" but with the artifact/relic rules as they are a relic that allows that could be easily approved. Hell it could be decree.

So I also started working on general advice. If you notice the rules have a bunch of advice like my curse/bless rant intertwined in them, to help players understand what an action is for.

So other peices of general advice.
>changes in bold

It is the actor's responsibility to play their role realistically. True Realistically is a relative term in a God game, but try to do things that make sense.
Your God is not confined to her domains, but is though guided by them - try to keep your actions flavored by your domains. Even the acquisition of new domains should be logical extensions of your old domains. (Not that hard - just be creative). Basically your power must reflect in all its aspects the character who invokes it, her mental state, situation, and outlook. Don't let your Power overshadow your character!!!
Remember your character is a god. This means mortals will regard most of your actions as miraculous
There are two goals in LOC: 1) creating a setting and 2) creating a good story. Try to acheive both and don't sacrifice one for the other.
Allow yourself to Lose. Losing provides depth to the story and development for its and your personal history. No one wants to play with twenty mary sues!
Don't restrict yourself to stereotypes, remember that what you create when you sit down to roleplay is totally unique to this particular LOC. The story you mutually envision should be your own.
Separate your knowledge and motivations from your character's. Basically try not to pay attention to the RCR mechanics OR efficent expenditure of AP, instead just play the game from your God's perspective.
Also just because you're a god in the game; doesn't mean the god isn't a person (does that make sense?): Never forget that your character thinks like a real person with real emotional responses to the universe around her. Seek out emotional scenes and get into them. Get sad, angry, despondent, loud, happy, frightened, worried, or intimidating as the story demands. Try to leave your own insecurities behind and stand boldly in the spotlight with every chance.
Some questions to ask about your god before you make her: Are there any adjectives which embody her personality? Does her personality remind you of an animal or object? What are her goals and motivations? How far will she go to achieve her goals? What does she fear most? What does she love most?How competitive is your character in various aspects of her life? What are her best and worst qualities?
You're allowed to extrapolate what happens in the game. If someone puts second moon in the sky, you can describe what happens to the ocean with out using AP. The important distinction is if you try to affect another players creations - you should have their approval or spend AP on it.
Finally: Due to the way this game is set up, some people will have power over others. People with power: you are free to abuse this power, but only in the game - meaning you are free to act tyranical in the game. People under control: you are meant to chafe at that power, you are allowed to respect your leader or rebel. That said, if you have a OOC problem with how someone is behaving in the game, or are abusing their power: Speak Up! The game is meant to be fun, and players found to be greifing, or just being *******s will be corrected. Sternly.

Any Other peices of advice? My hope is in the next couple days to basically have the generic LOC OP done.

Deadlykire
2013-06-11, 11:20 AM
Note on my divine combat proposal. I've done some simulations and came up with the need to nerf the HP gain. Domains will now give you +4 and Artifacts will give you +2. This was because if you invested solely in HP even a god who invested solely for attack will fail to kill you more than 2/3 of the time. Additionally a battle between a god solely invested in defense verse one solely invested in HP will always be a draw (after a certain point - not in the beggining). Meaning if you want to WIN and not just NOT LOSE any divine battles around elder deity status you need to invest in attack.

The Mortal Combat works fine - as long as people are honest what martial is. . . problem is I can't differentiate between HOW martial. Society that has guns would get +1, while at the same time a society that has Horsemanship may also get +1. I might state that the society that has more of a technological/magical advantage will get the +1, but that would invite OOC debate.

But then I got to thinking. OOC debate is good IF IT IS STRUCTURED. Maybe something like this

10) if the mortal's home is the material plane, she receives -2 to any roll not on the material plane. (this is because other planes are special and outsiders are more powerful on their planes)

I'd change this to outsiders get +2 on their home plane. Outsiders (could be construed as mortals) that were on the material plane wouldn't take a combat hit.

For your tips: I don't see a problem with using existing material/races/etc. I'd change the tip to "don't restrict yourself to stereotypes"

Also suggesting to not have routine/mundane actions while you require upkeep is a bit ironic. Suggesting that EVERY action must be miraculous might be a bit much as well. Instead I'd suggest the tip is "Remember your character is a god. This means mortals will regard most of your actions as miraculous." This covers the fact that when only other gods are present, no one considers your actions amazing. They are merely ordinary.

mystic1110
2013-06-11, 11:35 AM
I'd change this to outsiders get +2 on their home plane. Outsiders (could be construed as mortals) that were on the material plane wouldn't take a combat hit.

For your tips: I don't see a problem with using existing material/races/etc. I'd change the tip to "don't restrict yourself to stereotypes"

Also suggesting to not have routine/mundane actions while you require upkeep is a bit ironic. Suggesting that EVERY action must be miraculous might be a bit much as well. Instead I'd suggest the tip is "Remember your character is a god. This means mortals will regard most of your actions as miraculous." This covers the fact that when only other gods are present, no one considers your actions amazing. They are merely ordinary.

Remember that upkeep as it is in the rules at the moment is not a cost you have to pay, but rather an action you have to take. Meaning that the 1 AP you must use to keep up your nation isn't being wasted, only that 1 AP must be used on your Nation. So it can be things like bountiful harvest, promoting another leader, raising another city, giving them the concept of archery, horseman ship etc. It can even be plauge. You can torture your own nation if you want - it's still considered upkeep.

But otherwise yeah those are good edits to my suggestions! Thanks!

Any others? :smallsmile:

---

Edit: I like the edit of the outsider rules :smallsmile:

Elricaltovilla
2013-06-11, 03:28 PM
I have a question for your new Society vs. Society rules mystic:

Let's say we have Country A. They're a highly militarized country, with a strong expansionist government.

Their neighbors are Country B. They have access to a lot of mineral wealth and easy trading routes the world over, but not much in the way of military strength.

Country A attacks Country B to sieze their mineral wealth. Neither country's player wants to admit that their country would lose, even though Country A is clearly the stronger military force. Country B's player, when pressed, says that it's because Country B provides almost all of the raw goods that Country A uses to fuel its military, and will stop providing those goods (i.e. collapsing mines, burning fields whatever) if they're attacked.

How do you think this sort of thing should be handled? (And does anyone want to weigh in on who would "win?")

Mynxae
2013-06-11, 03:35 PM

Let's say we have Country A. They're a highly militarized country, with a strong expansionist government.

Their neighbors are Country B. They have access to a lot of mineral wealth and easy trading routes the world over, but not much in the way of military strength.

Country A attacks Country B to sieze their mineral wealth. Neither country's player wants to admit that their country would lose, even though Country A is clearly the stronger military force. Country B's player, when pressed, says that it's because Country B provides almost all of the raw goods that Country A uses to fuel its military, and will stop providing those goods (i.e. collapsing mines, burning fields whatever) if they're attacked.

How do you think this sort of thing should be handled? (And does anyone want to weigh in on who would "win?")

Just going to have my opinion on this although Mystic's would be better:

Country B would still lose the war, if at least partially. The warfront from Country A would grind to a halt after the supplies from Country B ceased to be traded, so therefore there would be damage to both sides, more-so for Country B, although the army would be pushed back easily from lack of supplies. It's kind of a stalemate. No supplies for Country A, no real army for Country B.

Deadlykire
2013-06-11, 04:19 PM
If you look at the scenario with some realism, I'd think:

A decimates B. They then take over B's mines/etc for themselves. While B may withdraw their support when the threat of attack is made, A is already established. This doesn't retroactively remove the armaments from A. While A is initially sluggish (as is any recent conqueror) it wouldn't be long before they take over B's supplies. They can then hoard them and continue trading.

A's only worry would be the former trading partners of B reinforcing OR reprisal attacking. If A maintains the trading lanes... old friends would probably care less. Very much a "Dune" scenario, the spice must flow. This would also result in a significantly stronger A in the future.

mystic1110
2013-06-11, 04:21 PM

Let's see:

If neither thinks they should lose than it will go into RCR. OOC wise everyone would be able to see that country B makes a reasonable arguement. It's not like they're saying that their vast suply of daisies are what's allowing them to win. Thus it is a close call - not one or the other would be the clear victor. Honestly the close call thing is for "My Dragon Army of Dragon Wizards of the Nazi Dragon Empire attack the generic dark age country sans magic and lack of trained soldiers and knights in easily melted steel"

So they roll. On that note I would think that Country A would get +2 because their society and nation are militarized and Country B isn't.

( 1d6+2 vs 1d6 ) I think that looks reasonable.

It even makes sense if you think about it. yeah Country B can shut down all of it's supplies to country A, but only before the war for it to matter, and not even then (japan was able to mount impressive military campaigns even after being cut off from its traded oil supply by the U.S.). When the war begins why does trade matter? Country A can appropriate all of it's supplies from country B! If country B follows total war it would still need some thing else like general winter (look at russia burning down moscow) to help them win.

As such I think if no player admits they "should" lose - and they decide to roll dice 1d6+2 vs 1d6 in favor of country A seems to be an appropriate approximation of real life. obviously not exact, but not terrible.

Edit: looking at the make up of the army however I'm sure country A being militarized will have even a bigger bonus depending on what you gave them such as leaders/ heroes / advanced miliary concepts / organizations. . . . depending on how much AP was spent - it may very well end up not being a close battle. And that too would make sense . . . for example Pretend China had no miliarty but was still our trading partner - if we decide to attack and take control . . . it wouldn't really matter at this point that they would have stopped trading with us.

Elricaltovilla
2013-06-12, 06:12 PM
In a more general sense, I'm asking how your system handles an RCR conflict between two groups using different strengths. Maybe Country A is militarized, but Country B has the largest naval fleet in the world... and is on an island. Or maybe Country A uses a lot of magic, but the society that makes up Country B is immune/resistant to magic.

I think your system does a good job for the most part, but there needs to be some way of determining how RCR modifiers are deployed. Everyone is going to try to play to their nation/country/society/organization's strengths, so RCR conflicts may be won or lost by MODs or other players deciding on who gets the biggest bonus, not who rolls what.

Gnomes2169
2013-06-17, 10:02 AM
Hey, can we get a compilation of all the current rules in one post somewhere? (Hopefully in the OP) Digging through all these posts is somewhat distracting and inconvenient.

mystic1110
2013-06-17, 10:06 AM
Hey, can we get a compilation of all the current rules in one post somewhere? (Hopefully in the OP) Digging through all these posts is somewhat distracting and inconvenient.

Actually yeah - I'm hoping to get them done after work, so like aroudn 10 PM EST tonight

Gnomes2169
2013-06-17, 10:10 AM
Sounds good! I'll save my review for then. :smallbiggrin:

Deadlykire
2013-06-17, 06:31 PM
It is past fathers day in the US! Objection to your review! :smalltongue:

While I wish no ill will on other LoC games, I do hope to see one with the newer rule set start soonish...so that i may partake. Hopefully mystic will PM me when he starts it. (We all know it'll be him)

mystic1110
2013-06-17, 06:36 PM
It is past fathers day in the US! Objection to your review! :smalltongue:

While I wish no ill will on other LoC games, I do hope to see one with the newer rule set start soonish...so that i may partake. Hopefully mystic will PM me when he starts it. (We all know it'll be him)

HER :smallmad: - and Probably :smallfrown:

Mynxae
2013-06-17, 07:08 PM
HER :smallmad: - and Probably :smallfrown:

Hey, I thought you were a he at first too Mystic. Then I found out that you were a she and yeah. :smallredface:

mystic1110
2013-06-17, 07:14 PM
Hey, I thought you were a he at first too Mystic. Then I found out that you were a she and yeah. :smallredface:

Lol don't worry about it peoples :smallbiggrin:, and yeah I'll get this done tonight! Sorry!!!

Gnomes2169
2013-06-17, 08:39 PM
*Raises hand nervously* I thought you were a she. .-. Also, get it done! I want to use Voidy already and I need ruuuuules. :P

Elricaltovilla
2013-06-17, 08:46 PM
Hey mystic, just thought I'd get this out of the way now:

I object to everything you've posted on an individualized and itemized scale, and demand that we scrap all the changes made to LOC so far so that we can simultaneously return to the original LOC rules whil also updating them to be new and completely different, thus dredging up month old arguments and destroying every single iota of progress we've made on these rules before slowly progressing back to where we were when you first posted the rules update.

So now that that's over with, we can just go right into how to make sure all the numbers add up properly and have the right amount of statistical variance to make combat interesting without being completely randomized. :smallbiggrin:

mystic1110
2013-06-17, 11:13 PM
Hey mystic, just thought I'd get this out of the way now:

I object to everything you've posted on an individualized and itemized scale, and demand that we scrap all the changes made to LOC so far so that we can simultaneously return to the original LOC rules whil also updating them to be new and completely different, thus dredging up month old arguments and destroying every single iota of progress we've made on these rules before slowly progressing back to where we were when you first posted the rules update.

So now that that's over with, we can just go right into how to make sure all the numbers add up properly and have the right amount of statistical variance to make combat interesting without being completely randomized. :smallbiggrin:

:smalleek:

anyway guys here is my best shot. I know most people won't be entirely happy but hopefully it is tolerated. ( I couldn't clean it up to make it presentable . . . i'm the worst! :smallfrown:)

RCR

DIVINE RCR

1) Players Start with 1d6 Attack, 1d6 defense and 10 HP
2) Each domain adds +2 to attack or defense or +6 HP.
3) When players make artifacts the artifact may give +1 to attack or defense or +3 HP.
4) ALL COMBAT IS ENCOURAGED TO BE PLOTTED OUT OOC FIRST
5) Players must pay 2 AP to Initiate Combat.
6) Each rolls attack and defense
7) Each player subtracts from their attack roll their opponents defense roll.
8) Each player subtracts from their HP the result of their opponents roll from part 7.
9) Combat lasts till one god is reduced to 0 HP
10) You may aid another god by paying 1 AP, doing so adds +1 to their attack or defense.
11) The losing god IS NOT DEAD unless the losing player agrees to it
12) The Winning player may make up 1 free AP to use for a land action to display the result of the divine battle (this may be used on any plane!)
13) The winning player may impose the following choices on the loser; each time the winning player wins against the loser he must choose a different choice

1) Comand: Obey one comand from the winning god, as long as following that command does not involve spending more than 1 AP
2) Imprison: Imprisionment is displayed with a free divine word action that reads "Losing God may not spend AP on anything but coutnering this divine word"
3) Maim: Maim the losing god permentantly. This is displayed by the losing god having a permenant -1 to attack OR a -1 to defense. And a free action crafting lost body part into a land or relic with a Cosmetic bonus. The losing god is allowed to pay the cost of an RCR relic to replace his lost body part, after the next rollover - the loser may use this action even if she currently has the maximum allowed number of RCR relics.
4) Mercy (Nothing)
5) WOUND (This is a thematic action, there is no affect to the losing God)
6) BLOODY (This is a thematic action, there is no affect to the losing God) - You may only use this action if you already WOUNDED during combat.
7) Strip: Make the losing god lose one of his domains. Winners choice - you are stripping the loser of one of her divine authority. The losing god thus drops in divine rank. If the losing God was a fledging - they become a mere legend. They will no longer be capable of ascending or gaing more domains. They are almost mortal now. Unlike legends though - they may still weild relics and they have no maximum AP. You may only choose this option if you BLOODIED the losing god during this combat.

14) after divine combat both players HP is returned to 10 if they were below 10 (Relic and domain HP bonuses apply
15) If their is no winner after 3 rounds of dice rolling - the divine battle is declared to be a draw. More AP must be spent in order to continue battle otherwise you acknoledge your opponent as a worthy rival.
16) If it is a draw and both players do not engage in anymore RCR they may each make a free 1 AP mold land action to display the effects of their battle to a draw.

Mortal RCR.

Remember ALL COMBAT IS ENCOURAGED TO BE DISCUSSED AND FIGURED OUT OOC BEFEORE RESORTING TO RCR. RCR should only be used for close calls. If your society is martial in that they use spears and your opponent is martial because they use tanks - give up - admit you lost. You could resort to RCR, but frankly doing so would be against the spirit of the game. If you Truely believe you can win however - honestly win through terrain/tactics/magic/propaganda/leadership/ect - say so in the OOC before RCR

1) Each mortal rolls 1d6. The Higher roll wins the encounter
2) If the mortal is part of a society that is thematically martial they recieve +1 to this roll. Be honest.
3) If the mortal is part of a nation that is thematically martial they recieve +1 to this roll. Be honest.
4) Mortals receive +1 for each organization they are in that is thematically martial. Be Honest. Organization bonuses can't exceed +2. (Multi-national organizations count for this maximum)
5) If the Mortal is a Hero they recieve +2. Leaders receive no bonus. Also if a hero would lose a RCR roll a 1d6. If it is a 6 they instead win the battel. This represents the 1 in a million odds that heroes fall into with annoying frequency. If the opponent was also a hero, then they may also roll a 1d6, and if it is a 6 the orginal outcome of the one on one is still valid
6) if the Mortal is a magical life and that species of life is has some sort of martial or offensive/defensive innate magic that the mortal recieve a +1
7) if the Mortal is a fabeled life and that species of life is has some sort of martial or offensive/defensive innate magic that the mortal recieve a +6 (FABLED LIFE IS FABLED. A DRAGON IS HARD TO KILL EVEN FOR A HERO)
8) If the mortal is carrying a relic or artifact given to him by a god she receives +3 (Because Relics and artifacts are now the same, this bonus is justified by the choice of giving up RCR for a god.. A mortal may only carry 1 Relic.
9) For each magical or advanced concept that your mortal knows that would give her martial advantage she receives +1. (Maximum of +3)
10) Outsiders have +4 on their home plane
12) The winning mortal may choose to do anything to the losing mortal, except kill that mortal unless it was discussed OOC first. Please be realistic - if your mortal would die, then allow that mortal to die.

God Vs. Mortal RCR Proposal:

1) A GOD or a LEGEND may spend at least 1 AP to automaticaly win the fight in anyway they want.
2) If a GOD or a LEGEND do not spend AP they can LOSE. Mortals can punch out cuthulu sometimes.
3) GOD's and LEGENDS are treated as mortals with a +20 RCR bonus. Meaning that a mortal can never beat them in a RCR.
4) Thus a mortals only chance is to be a Hero and have a 1d6 "comeback" roll.
5) The GOD or LEGEND, like another Hero will also have a "comeback Roll" as well - except unlike a Hero a GOD or LEGEND will have as many comeback rolls as they have Domains.
6) Legends count as feldgings and thus count as having two domains.

Society vs. Society.

1) This RCR is reserved for WAR or the equivilant, be that a GUILD war, a COLD WAR. Political battles do not count.
2) Each group/army/nation/organization rolls 1d6. The Higher roll wins the encounter
3) If the group/army/nation/organization is part of a society that is thematically martial they recieve +1 to this roll. Be honest.
4) If the group/army/nation/organizationis part of a nation that is thematically martial they recieve +1 to this roll. Be honest.
5) group/army/nation/organization receive +1 for each organization they are in that is thematically martial. Be Honest. Organization bonuses can't exceed +2. (Multi-national organizations count for this maximum)
6) If the group/army/nation/organization is LED by a Hero they recieve +2. They must be led by the hero - not just have a Hero there. If they are LED by a Legend they recieve +4
7) if the race is a magical life and that species of life is has some sort of martial or offensive/defensive innate magic that the mortal recieve a +1
8) if the race is a fabeled life and that species of life is has some sort of martial or offensive/defensive innate magic that the mortal recieve a +6 (FABLED LIFE IS FABLED. A DRAGON IS HARD TO KILL EVEN FOR A HERO)
9) Just because the HERO is carrying a Relic, the group/army/nation/organization gets no bonus. Unless the relic has been approved to give one in the OOC.
10) For each magical or advanced concept that your group/army/nation/organization knows that would give her martial advantage she receives +1. (Maximum of +3)
11) group/army/nation/organization gets +1 for each LEADER that would reasonably aid them in such a battle (Maximum is +5!)
12) The winning group/army/nation/organization may choose to do anything to the losing group/army/nation/organization , except Destroy Entirely that group/army/nation/organization unless it was discussed OOC first. Please be realistic - if your group/army/nation/organization would be vanquished, then allow that mortal to die.

For the above RCR if the battle is political or artistic or anything non-martial in nature, you may still roll for RCR, but every reeference to martial bonuses is replaced with the appropriate word (one change would be that Leaders would recieve +1). For example if you decide to have a political battle a flaming sword of light might not give you +3, unless you say you use it as a threat or as an attempt to evangalize, while a relic that is essentially the silver tounge of the god of lies, would give you +3 to political battles.
Character Creation

A Godly Name
TWO Domains (choose what domains gives you; 1) +2 to Attack; 2) +2 to defense; 3) +6 HP; OR 4) knowing when someone else is using an action tied to that specific domain
An associative portfolio
And a character description: include Alignment and goals here.

You start off with 1d6 attack, 1d6 defense, 10 HP plus whatever you choose with your additional domain.

If you are a progenitor take that responsibility seriously. Your spawn will be part of your family and your pantheon. When considering making another GOD, try to think of a thematic reason you would give birth to them - not just randomly getting preggers. Make them in a truely EPIC way. If you're making the god of fire - by all means try to expend some AP in their making - make a volcano and in that volcano have him RISE. Also try to be older than your hildren by a significant amount - unless you want to be a Teen Mom. Wait at least 2 rollovers before spawning another god. This is not a HARD rule, but just a strongly worded suggestion.

Other Rules

You gain 1+X AP per rollover, where X is how many domains you have. Players start with 15 AP and have a maximum AP of 20. Rollover is Saturday 12 PM EST

Rank Name| Weekly AP | Infusions| Required Domains
Fledgling Deity | 3 |1 |2
Lesser Deity | 4 |1 |3
Intermediate Deity | 5 | 2 |4
Greater Deity | 6 | 2 |5
Elder Deity| 7 | 3 | 6
Over Deity*| ? | ? | 12!

*YOU MAY CONTINUE GETTING MORE DOMAINS AFTER YOUR 6th BUT THEY PROVIDE NO BONUS NOR DO THEY ALLOW YOU TO MAKE MORE RCR ARTIFACTS. GETTING YOUR 12th DOMAIN IS A HUGE EVENT! DISCUSS IT OOC FIRST

Gods above Fledging may not access the material plane

You may only have 1 Shard per every Infusion you have left/used. Shards are just shards of a god, they can engage in battle or be attacked, The god who's shard is destroyed knows about it's destruction.

Pantheons

When you a born into the game - you automatically join a pantheon between your progenitor and yourself, unless your progenitor is already part of a pantheon and in that case you will join that pantheon. THIS RULE IS OPTIONAL – IF IT WONT MAKE SENSE FOR YOUR GOD TO BE BORN TO ANOTHER GOD WORK IT OUT WITH THE MODS. A god may only be a member of one pantheon at a time.

The pantheon is a sacred bond of fealty to the leader - gods in a pantheon aren't equals but instead sworn to the Leader.

Once per week the leader of a pantheon may ORDER a god in their pantheon to perform any action they are capable of performing OR may ORDER the pantheon as a whole into a cause - disobedience results in eviction from the pantheon. A god is never forced to use AP to fulfill an order.[ IF A PANTHEON MEMBER DOES NOT FOLLOW AN ORDER THE LEADER MAY EVICT HIM/HER FROM THE PANTHEON; MAY ENGAGE IN RCR WITHOUT PAYING AP; OR CHOOSE TO DO NOTHING.

But being a leader brings it's own responsibilities. The leader of any pantheon must obey these rule:

Pantheon leader cannot openly act against the good of the pantheon. If he does, the strongest member may challenge him for the crown. Strongest is Highest Rank. If more than one player is tied for highest rank it is the one with highest AP. A challenge is not an RCR challenge but a democratic vote between the pantheon members. The challenger and challengee do not get to vote (meaning that an effective change of command can only work in a pantheon with 3 or more members). This also means unpopular pantheon leaders can be displaced. The ousted leader will become a regular member of the pantheon.
Good of the pantheon is OBJECTIVE. Thus when you create a pantheon you must state a Pantheon GOAL. This rule does not apply to the automatically generated pantheons of family members. In that case GOOD is simply defending each other from non-family members. GOALS ARE ENCOURAGED TO BE VAUGE
Pantheon leader must defend members of his pantheon against attacks of other gods (that he knows of), either by himself or by sending other members of the pantheon.

Create Pantheon: 1 AP
Join a pantheon: 1 AP
Subordinate your pantheon to another pantheon: 1 AP.

Pantheons collectively gain 1 AP per every three members of the Pantheon ever rollover, which can be used for Pantheon actions. The Pantheon AP is used by the leader of the pantheon – but it is expected that all players have a choice in deciding how to use this AP. Pantheon AP accumulates but it has a maximum of 10 per pantheon

Societies

When you make a race - in the beginning they live spread out - in a loose tribal system as the default. Use the create Society action to begin to form social connections and a collective history. Once you are ready to have your race progress into groups of more than a village of a hundred use the Form nation action to collect your race into a country or even an empire. Once you have a nation set up you may create guilds, religious groups or secret societies within with the form organization action.

Now all empires and civilizations have their golden ages, and their falls.

When a deity uses Create Nation, he must spend at least 1 AP every week on that nation to maintain it. He may use any action he chooses, but he must spend at least 1 AP on an action that affects that nation and that nation alone. This action could be a Omen, Word, Nexus, Mold Land, or any other action the deity's player chooses. IF A GOD DOES NOT USE 1 AP TO "MAINTAIN" THE NATION - THE NATION WILL FALL NEXT ROLLOVER UNLESS THE GOD USES 3 AP to "MAINTAIN" THE NATION. [/U]

THEMATICALLY USING A HEROE'S OR LEGEND'S AP TO MAINTAIN THE NATION CAN BE DISPLAYED AS THE NATION NOT GETTING ANY DIVINE HELP.

Organizations survive the fall of the nation - but never as they once were. They either may seek power to become a nation of their own (Think the church through the fall fo the roman empire into the Vatican); shadow rulers (think the masons); or simply forgotten (Think The templars)

You may form nations of other people’s races – a god never has complete control/ ownership over every single individual being of the race he or she creates. You may even form organizations in other nations.

1 AP Form Society : Organizes an existing sapient race into an organized society, whether that is a tribe, nation, small kingdom, etc.
2 AP Create Nation : Expands an existing society into a powerful empire. An empire is much larger than a society and tends to have many citizens and powerful armies at their disposal.
1 AP Form national Organization
2 AP create a multinational or non-national organization.

Land Actions

A big part of being a god is changing the landscape around you!

Alter Land 1 AP: Alter land allows a god to change already existing landscapes. It can be used to create mountain ranges, vast forests, lakes, swamps, or any other kind of "land type" you could think of. This includes razing and raising cities! Alter land can also be used to raise small chains of islands from the sea. These islands cannot be very big, but can be large enough to support a small kingdom. Think about the size of Hawaii. Alter land actions can also be used to change the layout of existing land, such changes can be the creation of the largest mountain in the world to the greatest forest.

Create Land 2 AP: allows a god to create land where there is none. It can be used to raise a small continent from the sea, or create large, floating islands in a plane where there is no planet. Land created by Create Land can be up to the size of Russia

Forge Astronomical Object 3AP: Use this action to create a celestial body such as a moon, planet, asteroid, or sun. If your astronomical object has special properties such as an empathic link to yourself, or can move contrary to the rules of gravity and physics – it is a Relic NOT an Astronomical Object

Form Nexus 1AP: You may create a location of mystic and divine energy connected to a preexisting sanctum your god control/owns. A nexus may be a building, a door, a portion of a forest, a specific cave, but must be a specific location – it cannot be “the ocean.” Promoting mortals to higher rank of mortal can only occur in a Nexus.

Weave Sanctum 2 AP: You may create a location of divinity attuned to your god. This location may be anywhere not on the material plane. Your seat of power may be a layer of a plane, or a simple foreboding castle. Gods may only enter another God’s sanctum if they have permission or initiated combat.

Imagine Plane 5AP : Imagine Plane allows a god to create the fabric of their own reality. Planes are entire dimensions apart from the normal world, and can take any form a god can imagine. Hell, Heaven, or Limbo, are examples of planes. When weaving a plane, the creating god must decide on any special features it has, such as accelerated time, or empowered magic. A god may also decide how many layers there are initially. This can vary from one, to thousands, though most planes have less than three. Unlike a sanctum a god gets no special benefit for being within his or her own realm or plane. Your god does not "own" a plane he made - in fact other gods creating and living in a plane you made is encouraged!!

Relics:

(No distinction between Relics or Artifacts)

When Relics are made can only do 1 of 3 things:

Grant a cosmetic bonus for roleplaying effect
OR grant +1 to attack; OR +1 to defense; or +3 to HP;
OR grant a thematic BONUS. (DISCUSS ANY THEMATIC BONUSES IN THE OOC FIRST - YOU NEED PUBLIC MOD APPROVAL FOR THIS.)

You may only create 1 non-cosmetic relics per each domain you have (maximum is thus 11 before over diety status). This is creation not just possession - so if you give away an artifact it still counts towards your limit )

Relics are 2 AP

Infusions

Infusions are the vestiges of your divine spark. You have 1 infusion available when the game starts and you gain 1 more infusion when you gain 3 domains, and a third and final infusion when you gain 5 domains.

With the expenditure of an infusion you may:

5 AP Unfold Divinity: Your powers as a god increase as you flower into a form closer to your true divinity. From now on you will gain 1 extra AP per rollover for each time you used Unfold Divinity.

5 AP Break the Chains: You struggle to break the bars that keep you from the mortal plane. With this action you may ignore the rule forbidding gods above fledging from accessing the mortal world.

5 AP Divine Decree: While Divine Omens can affect a person and a divine word can affect a small nation the divine decree affects Everything Everywhere! The divine decree simply states a new constant of the universe; be that all life is immortal; that souls are real; the gravity does not exist; or even that everything is now yellow. Divine decrees can be countered with a divine word action or a divine omen action: but that action still only affects the usual area. So while divine decree can make everything feel love, a god can make the people of a small nation incapable of love through word, or a single person in capable of love through an omen

Omens and Words.

Omens and Words are the will of the gods made manifest. They can range from a golden age for an empire, or to increase the mortal population. The population that finds themselves under the pleasure of a god will find their crops prosperous and their ways smoothed, as the subtle magic of the god is worked in their favor, The population that finds themselves under the curse of a god will find their crops barren and their land blighted, as the subtle magic of the god works against them.

The important thing to remember is to try to keep Omen and Words subtle – the ocassional overt action of a god is impressive but it gets boring quickly – make blesses and curses much much more than: “everyone is super strong now” – instead go for blesses like “I impart the wisdom of martial training and harsh conditions to my people – over the years they become stronger, more durable – their children fit for survival in my vision of the world”

The difference between Omens and Words is the area of their effects:

Divine Omen 1 AP: From a single person to an average-sized town's worth of people. A section of an army. An exceedingly sparsely populated area.

Divine Word 3 AP: Anywhere from a large city's worth of people. A small army in its entirety. A rural, but settled are to a large nation or kingdom, and all within it, including settlements of any size. Anyone matching a SPECIFIC descriptor (I.e., Arcane Spellcasters, Commoners, those who worship a certain god)

Anything broader than a word would require a Divine Decree and the use of an Infusion.

Blesses and Curses can be countered by other gods, however. Each time it is countered, it becomes harder and harder for the gods to exert their will over each other. An omen only takes 1 AP to create, and 2 AP to counter, however, once countered, it takes 3 AP to reinstate the curse, and 4 AP to recounter it, and so on.

Do not treat “curse wars” like this:

1 AP: Make super healing plants.
2 AP: Kill all super healing plants.
3 AP: Recreate super healing plants.
4 AP: Kill all super healing plants.
5 AP: Recreate super healing plants.

Treat them Like this:

1 AP: Make super healing plants.
2 AP: Super healing plants are struck with a disease like real world plants and large cluster of them die because of lack of genetic diversity, now they only exists but far spread out, rarer and never in large clumps.
3 AP: Super healing plants emit an aura that make them easy to find.
4 AP: Plant poisonous plants around the world that emit the same aura, look the same and kill instantly, so a person looking for these plants will have to journey towards them but will never know if they will die or survive at the end of the journey.
5 AP: Create spirit guides that aren't an actual species but a manifestation of that super healing plant's benevolence, and like the will o' wisps in "Brave" they lead people away from the poisonous plants.

Heroes and Legends

What are myths without heroes? You may create a mortal to work in your gods stead or even against yourself on the material plane.

1 AP Promote Leader: Leaders are more like bureaucrats to a hero’s warrior. They are important and powerful – but they aren’t what epics are written about. They can be spy masters, mob bosses, kings, guild leaders etc. They don’t grant any bonus, but you don’t need a nexus to promote them and you can have as many as you like.

2 AP Raise Hero: You may only use this action inside a Nexus you control. You may have any amount of heros you like. As long as you have a hero you gain 1 AP per hero, granted that you don't gain more AP than you have nations . A Hero grants +1 AP at rollover (This AP can be used to pay for a nation’s upkeep – when the nation your hero belongs to falls, your hero loses this 1 AP bonus). The trick is to expend this extra AP in a way to enhance the Hero’s stature – don’t just use the Hero to farm for more AP – try to tell a story with the hero. Make us care

3 AP Create Legend: You may create a legend out of a hero. You may only use this action inside a Nexus you control. The only other restriction is that a hero must have existed for at least 2 rollovers to become eligible to becoming raised to a legend – you can also create a legend out of a leader but only provided that the leader has existed for at least 4 rollovers! A legend is basically a demi god. In fact Legends count as fledging gods that may not use a gain domain action. (they have 1d6 attack, 1d6 defense and 10 HP!) They gain 2 AP each rollover and have a max of 4 AP. You may only have 1 Legend at any one time. Legends dont have domains so they can't make or recieve non-cosmetic artifacts!

Life

Life is defined here as anything animate that can act of its own, or a god's will. Humans, Golems, and Undead, all fall under this category.

Mundane Life 1 AP: You create non-Sentient Animals (bugs, germs, gerbils) (you may use this action for free any amount of times when you use a create land action or an alter land action.)
Monstrous life 1 AP: non-sentient monsters Giant Spiders, Dire Animals, Purple Worms, or hell, Dinosaurs. You can't use an alter land action/create land action and make monstrous life. So while you can use alter land to make a land full of honey and bees without a mundane life action, you can't make Jurassic park with dinosaurs with just an alter or create land action.

Sentient Life 2AP: Of any type of life that is roughly equal to a human sapience. Sentient Life does not have a bonus for combat, but they have the ability to use any mundane concepts unlike monstrous life

Create magical life 3 AP: If the sentient life you create has any innate OR APTITUDE for magical abilities simply by existing then use this action instead. (I.E. elves)

Fabled life 5AP: such as Dragons, Greater Demons, Giants, Vampires, Fey, Powerful Angels, Titans, or other blatantly supernatural and extremely powerful beings.

Alter life 1AP: you may alter an existing race into a race equal to or one removed on the level of mortal races. So sentient can be turned into a monstrous life or magical life. Magical life can be turned into a non-magical life or fabled. Fabled can be turned into another fabled or just magical.

Create Concept

-Mundane 1AP: Non-military Concepts that would have been easily found in ancient rome or greece. Blacksmithing, Literature, Sculpture, and Architecture are examples of Mundane Concepts.

- Advanced 2AP : Advanced concepts are technological marvels that revolutionize the way a society works. Things such as engineering, Gunpowder, Steam Power, and Plumbing, are Advanced Concepts. Military concepts such as armies, sword fighting, martial arts, dueling, archery, discipline would be advanced concepts.

- Magical 3 AP: Magical Concepts are ways of using power that allow the wielder to accomplish great things. Pyromancy, Necromancy, Abjuration, Healing these are all Magical concepts. Remember a Magical concept CANNOT make magic, it can only make a school of magic - use Legendary concept action to make a system of magic. You CANNOT make a school of magic without a system of magic already existing.

-Legendary 5 AP: Like Magical Concepts, Legendary Concepts are far from mundane. However, unlike Magical Concepts, Legendary Concepts are more than ways to use power. They are power itself. Arcane Magic, or Divine Magic, Immortal Souls, Afterlife are examples of Legendary Concepts. Remember a Magical concept CANNOT make magic, it can only make a school of magic - use Legendary concept action to make a system of magic. You CANNOT make a school of magic without a system of magic already existing. ALL MODERN/SCIFI CONCEPTS ARE LEGENDARY.

REMEMBER THAT ALL CONCEPTS ARE ASSUMED FREE USE UNLESS CLAIMED OTHERWISE.

Gain Domain

4 AP Gain Domain: The Gain Domain action allows a god to gain an additional Domain and an accompanying Portfolio. The god must first have spent 16 AP worth of AP since the last time they used this action. The 16 AP used must somehow justify the domain. This is easy. If you want a Fire Domain and you want to make a Curse - burn something. If you want to make a Hero - make him a Solar hero . . . etc

[/SPOILER]

Grinner
2013-06-17, 11:37 PM
I think it has turned out quite strangely. It bears many marks from the journey from what it was to this. I see elements of Lords of Destruction which was, as I recall, actually a joke. It has civilization rules, adding a layer of perhaps unnecessary complexity. However, they include the upkeep rule, which had been met with violent opposition originally.

It's heavily reliant on player moderation and arbitration, which I can't say I agree wholeheartedly with. There's a lot of work here, though. Too much to competently review through discussion.

I think it's time for a playtest.

Elricaltovilla
2013-06-17, 11:42 PM
1. You might want to change the name of the #7 divine RCR victory choice from strip to something less... innuendo laden. I suggest rend, but I'm sure someone else will come up with a better word for the act.

2. I noted you haven't implemented the Ages System into the rules, or the optional Themes variant. Would you like me to write those up, or are we dropping them?

3. I think that the 4th Domain ability (the one about knowing when someone is acting within your Domain) shouldn't be an automatic success. It should have a roll and provide bonuses to that roll the more you take it (especially when you take multiple Portfolio Elements in the same Domain). Like if you have Fire(volcanoes) with the Fire Knowledge Domain Ability, and pick up Fire(forges) you can take the Knowledge ability again to get a bonus to finding out when people are mucking around in your domain.

4. I'm against the current Mortal Vs. God RCR system, especially the 1 AP win button and the ONLY HEROES/LEGENDS stand a chance thing. Sometimes a common man becomes a Hero by defeating a Legend or a God. Greek mythology is full of examples. On the other hand, I'm at a loss for a better way to handle it.

It's worth noting that A Mortal (1d6) Hero(+2) from a Martial Society(+1) that formed A Martial Nation (+1) with a membership in two Martial Organizations (+2) with access to three martial or magical advanced concepts (+3), whose race is both Legendary (+6) and highly Magical (+1) carrying a Relic (+3) while being an Outsider on their home Plane (+4) in combat with a god or legend has a modifier of +26 (2+1+1+2+3+6+1+3+4) to their RCR, meaning they actually have a better than even chance of fighting a nonspecced God or Legend and winning, even with their +20 bonus just for being deific.

5. I don't really get what Leaders are for, but it's close enough to something I wanted to see anyway that I'll probably just use it for that. Specifically the 1 AP "This dude will be important later but I don't have the AP/Nexus/Space to make him a Hero or Legend right now, so don't kill him you sadistic bastards" action that the game so desperately needs.

mystic1110
2013-06-17, 11:43 PM
I think it has turned out quite strangely. It bears many marks from the journey from what it was to this. I see elements of Lords of Destruction which was, as I recall, actually a joke. It has civilization rules, adding a layer of perhaps unnecessary complexity. However, they include the upkeep rule, which had been met with violent opposition originally.

It's heavily reliant on player moderation and arbitration, which I can't say I agree wholeheartedly with. There's a lot of work here, though. Too much to competently review through discussion.

I think it's time for a playtest.

The only thing is shares with LoD/GoD is the HP/attack/defense system which I threw around ten pages back and was met with . . . well luke warm response. The civilization/upkeep rules are sort of complex but they were Rizbans suggestion and were met fairly favorably. It is fairly reliant on well alot of things, unfortunately no more or less than any of the old rules - the game will never be clear cut. But this is the best I was able to do :smallfrown:. Anyway we can talk about this more tomorrow. I'm tired and am going to pass out now :smallsmile:.

All in all. . . . it's been a strange journey. Thanks everybody!

Deadlykire
2013-06-18, 12:26 AM
Divine RCR:
Shouldn't 14 read MAX HP. Thought we'd simplified this already.

Pantheons:
If you are removing the leader clause thing from pantheons, the leader being able to order a pantheon no longer makes sense.

Relics:

Thought non-cosmetic relics were getting capped based on divine "rank" not domains? Though with 2/rank the max would be 10 and accessible faster than 1/domain. So guess it all balances out. *Shrug* either way works.

Ages:
I believe people were against ages/etc. Think the general census was if you want them in your game, have it mentioned up front by the GM that the game will be using ages.

Mortal Vs. God RCR:

Add a bonus cap of 15 or 20. This means a highly specialized, divine favored, martial, bad ass of being bad ass, with some magic for fun mortal can only rival a god in power. Still a *bit* much, but hey.

This is a non-issue with the 1 ap "I win" button.

Rend/demote/humiliate are all options to replace "strip"

Queen Sapes
2013-06-18, 12:44 AM
Ages:
I believe people were against ages/etc. Think the general census was if you want them in your game, have it mentioned up front by the GM that the game will be using ages.

I don't think there were very many people against ages (I for one like the idea of jumping forward every once in awhile), I think that themes were what divided people more (I for one do not like the idea of having a changing theme for every age, as I think that it can create an unnecessary divide in the playerbase, and can seriously hurt creativity).

Gnomes2169
2013-06-18, 08:04 AM
I don't think there were very many people against ages (I for one like the idea of jumping forward every once in awhile), I think that themes were what divided people more (I for one do not like the idea of having a changing theme for every age, as I think that it can create an unnecessary divide in the playerbase, and can seriously hurt creativity).

After reading through the thread, you were actually only one of the two people who supported the idea. Everyone else seems to be neutral or against it... so just add a note in your games that your LOC game will be using the Age system (if you choose to implement it). I don't think we need to list variants in the "Core rules" post/ area.

About Heroes vs Gods:

I think that if God adds their Attack stat to their RCR that the Mortal really stands no chance against them (assuming that it is higher than 1 or 2). That being said, right now it is impossible for a mortal to realistically win against a God in combat, so if you want this to actually happen at some point you should probably change the numbers/ variables/ etc... Perhaps instead give the God a base RCR of 10, add 1 per attack AND defense stat your god has, and 1 for any combat-related cosmetic artifact, then roll as normal. This will give the mortal more of a chance while still making it really bloody hard for them to actually win. The auto-win on 6 would be true for both sides, though the God would be able to roll once for every two domains they have (to make winning on a 6 actually possible).

Queen Sapes
2013-06-18, 12:53 PM
After reading through the thread, you were actually only one of the two people who supported the idea. Everyone else seems to be neutral or against it... so just add a note in your games that your LOC game will be using the Age system (if you choose to implement it). I don't think we need to list variants in the "Core rules" post/ area.

Ah, well I guess I was mistaken on my assumption then. Anyway, I believe we can all agree that we would like to get a game with the new rules ruining, seeing as they are now past the finalization date.

Plus I have so many gods I want to play as. From Vectrisis, the robotic god of learning and preservation who controls entire swarms of monstrous robot bugs, to Muldraught, the six armed craftsmanship god. Then there's Olare and Marilos, the twin gods who travel the multiverse (which isn't the same multiverse as you think) and interfere in other gods business. And Inkvyzim, the goddess who twists life into monstrous shapes by her very presence, and Rhe, the goddess of death and machines who wants to kill the world because it is what she isn't. Just to name a few concepts...

Kaworu
2013-06-18, 07:25 PM
I do not know if it's a proper place to ask, but...

Second edition of the rules claim that Hero can use "fabled" concept. It's legendary concept? Or perhaps a left-over of prototype rules? Raise Hero is the only section where the word comes up, so...?

[I do not know if LoC wiki is somehow old source and this "bug" was fixed, or the "fabled" spelling error should be fixed in yet-to-come edition...]

Elricaltovilla
2013-06-18, 08:26 PM
I do not know if it's a proper place to ask, but...

Second edition of the rules claim that Hero can use "fabled" concept. It's legendary concept? Or perhaps a left-over of prototype rules? Raise Hero is the only section where the word comes up, so...?

[I do not know if LoC wiki is somehow old source and this "bug" was fixed, or the "fabled" spelling error should be fixed in yet-to-come edition...]

Its legendary concept. Fabled was one of the names that was suggested for it originally.

twilsemail
2014-06-19, 12:18 PM
Loads of Rules stuff

I feel like there are portions missing from the rules at this point.

Best example: What's a fledgling god?

I don't see anything fleshing out what are probably some pretty basic assumptions.

Fledgling = 1 Domain
Everything else = >1 Domain?

Are the rules kept anywhere like an accessible google doc that people can reference without editing? I found LoC through the wiki, but that's a hair out of date. :smallbiggrin: