PDA

View Full Version : (PF) Class: Troubadour PEACH

Sylthia
2013-05-15, 01:15 PM
I've been thinking of making a class similar to the mounted healer from Fire Emblem. I've made a base class and plan to use it as an enemy in my campaign soon. I might still flesh it out a bit, to get rid of a few dead levels, but I think it doesn't have that many if you don't consider a new spell level a dead level. Without further ado, the Troubadour...

HD:d6, BAB:poor, Saves: Fort:poor, Ref:good, Will:good

Weapon Proficiency: A Troubadour is proficient with all simple weapons

Armor Proficiency: A Troubadour is proficient with Light Armor, but not Shields. A Troubadour does not suffer any arcane failure chance penalty if she obtains the proper armor profiency.

Skills: 6+Int modifier per level
Skill List: Appraise, Bluff, Craft, Diplomacy, Disguise, Escape Artist, Handle Animal, Heal, Knowledge: (Arcana, Geography, History, Local, Nobility, Religion), Linguistics, Perception, Perform, Profession, Ride, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spellcraft, Stealth, Use Magic Device

Mount: Much like a Paladin, a Troubadour often develops a special bond with her mount, often a heavy horse or a pony, but any suitable animal may be ridden. The troubadour's mount follows the rule of a druid's animal companion similar to the way a paladin's mount does the rules may be found here. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/druid/animal-companions

Spells: A Troubadour is a Charisma-based, spontaneous caster and follows the same spell progression and limit of spells known as a sorcerer or oracle. A Troubadour may select her spells known from the Cleric/Oracle spell list or from the Enchantment or Evocation schools of the Wizard/Sorcerer spell list. Additionally, a Troubadour receives all "Cure" spells that she is capable of learning at her spell level and they do not count against her limit of spells known.

Troubadour Performance: A Troubadour may inspire her allies as does a bard. A Troubadour is limited to Inspire Courage and Inspire Competence, but follows the same rules as read under Bardic Performance. http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard#TOC-Bardic-Performance

Battle Presence: A Troubadour lives to lead her comrades into battle and at level 2 may add her Charisma to her Initiative in addition to any other modifiers.

Hero's Boon: At 11th level a Troubadour may add her Charisma modifier to a single skill check once per day.

Mount Feats: At levels 5 and 13, a Troubadour's Mount gains a bonus feat. These feats must be selected from the animal feats.

Bonus Feats: At levels 9 and 17, a Troubadour gains a bonus feat. These feats must be Combat Casting, Improved Initiative, Spell Focus, an Item Creation feat, or a Metamagic feat.

Sylthia
2013-05-15, 05:55 PM
RP Fluff:

Alignment: Any

Troubadours are the heralds of battle as well as the keepers and tellers of great tales. Troubadours can be of any alignment, but are almost always servants of noble houses or churches. Solitary troubadours do exist, but they are rare, indeed. A troubadour often spends years honing her craft and usually knows scores of epics poems and tales with which to regale her comrades. A troubadour is often more disciplined than a bard and can live a lawful lifestyle, but is not required to do so. As such, troubadours tend more towards law than chaos, and more towards good than evil.

A Troubadour usually raises her mount from a very young age, and the two are inseparable. If a troubadour loses her mount, she must spend a week mourning before replacing it. These mounts are often bred from the finest stock of the local noble.

Tanuki Tales
2013-05-15, 08:31 PM
Tables are your friends. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15155519&postcount=3)