PDA

View Full Version : Dragonslayer Fix (3.5 PrC, PEACH)

Kane0
2013-05-18, 04:43 AM
Hi everyone! Nothing too fancy this time, just a 5-level revamp of the Dragonslayer PrC from the Draconomicon, seeing as the original is pretty lacking, especially compared to the Dragonstalker just two pages later. I figured one of the most iconic parts of the D&D experience (Fighting a dragon) needed a little addressing.
Edit: Also makes for a good dip class for those looking for Evasion at full BAB, with only a single feat as a tax for entry if you're not a ranger.

Requirements:
BAB +5
Feat: Power Attack
Language: Draconic
Favored Enemy (Dragon) or the Dragonfoe Feat
Must have personally fought and defeated a dragon or draconic creature.

HD: d10
Skills per level: 4 + Int
Class Skills: Climb, Craft, Intimidate, Know (Arcana, Local, Nature), Jump, Spot, Swim, Listen

{table=head] Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Special | Spellcasting / Manifesting / Initiating / Etc
1st| +1 | +0 | +2 | +2 | Dragonslayer's Aura | +1 of Previous Class
2nd| +2 | +0 | +3 | +3 | Evasion |
3rd| +3 | +1 | +3 | +3 | Dragonbane Strikes | +1 of Previous Class
4th| +4 | +1 | +4 | +4 | Size Means Nothing |
5th| +5 | +1 | +4 | +4 | Energy Resistance | +1 of Previous Class
[/table]

Class Features:
Dragonslayer's Aura:
The Dragonslayer becomes immune to fear, and grants all allies within 30' (including himself) a +2 bonus to saves against spells and effects originating from creatures with a [Dragon] type or subtype.

Special Ability Progression:
At levels 1, 3 and 5 you gain additional Spells, Powers, Maneuvers, etc as if you had taken a level in the class that granted that ability (such as Sorcerer, Psion, Warblade, Binder, Warlock, etc). If you have multiple classes which grant special features like these you select one to progress. Once made this decision cannot be changed.

Evasion:
As Rogue

Dragonbane Strikes:
All weapons a Dragonslayer wields are treated as having the Dragon Bane enhancement (+2 higher encantment bonus and +2d6 damage) and overcome any DR of a creature affected by the Dragon Bane quality.

Size Means Nothing:
Opponents of the Dragonslayer gain no size bonuses against him. This applis to size bonuses to AC, grapple checks, opposed strength checks, etc.

Energy Resistance:
The Dragonslayer gains resistance 10 to Fire, Cold, Electrical and Acid damage.

And there we go, PEACH away!

CinuzIta
2013-05-18, 07:49 AM
okay this looks fine to me, but I'm afraid that I don't find it to be particulary exciting..just a personal opinion anyway..

maybe you could split up the various energy resistances in the various levels and fill the 5th level with a new cap ability..

Again, this is just my call anyway:)

Kane0
2013-05-18, 06:19 PM
Thats the idea. No fancy tricks, just a solid dragon asskicking PrC. Beig only 5 levels it leaves you with plenty of room for other, more interesting class options (such as my Castle Crasher or Telestepper PrCs, also 5 levels) as well.