PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Characters

Fighter1000
2013-05-18, 03:03 PM
Out of all the characters you have ever played in your tabletop roleplaying experience, which would you say is your favorite? It doesn't matter what system it was for, but please do mention what system you used to make the character. If you can't decide on an absolute favorite, just mention two or three characters instead.
Thanks for your time, fellow playgrounders.

imaloony
2013-05-18, 08:05 PM
That's easy: Smidget, the Thief/Illusionist Kender from our AD&D campaign.
The guy playing him did such a fantastic job playing a Kender, and the number of crazy situations he got into was astounding, and I've already mentioned a few on this board.
He got his soul ripped from his body at least twice, he invented a new extreme sport for dwarves, he created a KENDER GOD (And became prophet of said God), there was "Smidget the Melee Weapon," the first few sessions in which he managed to do more damage to the party than the enemies, and that's just scratching the surface. This character was the funniest part of the whole campaign, and that's saying something.

genderlich
2013-05-18, 09:42 PM
Kevros Lucassen, a halfling paladin in a Pathfinder game that went from level 1-8 in just over a year. The party started as orphans in Waterdeep having grown up together in the same orphanage that they had just "graduated" from. Kevros was, in my mind, the quintessential Paladin: Compassionate, generous, soft-spoken, nonjudgemental and more apt to teach by example than coercion. Not a crusader against evil, but a defender of the weak and a kind healer. He wasn't much of a leader, which reflected my own personality and sometimes led to trouble for him, but he had very little regard for his own safety when it came to saving the innocent or helping his friends (he was a paladin of Ilmater, the god of self-sacrifice, which he lived up to often). He was definitely the party's soul and moral compass, and his church membership was often a great resource, sometimes to Kevros's chagrin - once the rest of the party stole a powerful artifact from the church vault without his knowing, which he got in huge trouble for later. He was also probably the strongest character in combat - halfling archery paladins are ridiculous, by level 8 he was getting 4 attacks a round which almost never missed and dealt around 15-20 damage each, and that's before any buffs besides Smite and without any magic weapons. That was definitely the best campaign I've ever played in, for a number of reasons.

A close second, though, is Pavo, the wizard in my current avatar. He was pretty much Kevros's polar opposite. He was an analytical genius (at level 8 he had 27 int), but also greedy and selfish. He lived for the acquisition of knowledge and lore, traveling the world to learn and study. He also was a prolific crafter of magic items, so he tried to amass as much money as possible for that purpose. But he knew his time was running short, so he came up with a plan to turn himself into a Lich; unfortunately the campaign ended before he was able to enact it, but I'm thinking about bringing him back for a higher-level game, post-undeadifying himself, or possibly as a villain if I run a game he'd fit in. Pavo was an excersize for me to actually play the overpowered Wizard in a real game. He mainly buffed the party and debuffed the enemies so the party thought they were soing the real work and still had fun/didn't feel useless, but in a pinch he was more than capable - he singlehandedly killed (who we thought was) the Big Bad in only 4 rounds, after winning initiative in the surprise round and using a Pyrotechnics spell to blind everyone in the room, then summoning a bunch of monsters to beat on the disabled villain. It was an epic moment.

Katasi
2013-05-18, 10:16 PM
Without a doubt, Arumfaerwed, who was a gnome conjurer/duskblade/spellsword in 3.5. My enjoyment of him had only a bit to do with his stats, though they where fun his HP was through the roof for a wizard, because he had 18 CON and Improved Toughness, and he rode around on a dire badger. He also managed to get his hands on an orb of blasting, which was devestating the first few battles he used it in. I never got him up to where he would have been totally awesome but I had calculations to put him in a mithril twilight breastplate, put his badger in adamantium full plate (or mountain plate) barding, and have him ride amongst his enemies as a living tank.

The thing that made him the most fun was on the roleplaying side however. He had a developing case of paranoid schitzophrenia and instead of battle cries he just spent every battle cursing nearly constantly, usually making some very suggestive comments about monster's ancestors. Oh yes, and he harvested body parts from slain enemies for using in his spells and magic items.

Now I want you to REALLY think about this.... it's a living tank, whose IFF system is going out. In fact I had planned that if the game went far enough this guy was going to start running through town throwing fireballs at the buildings because they're "giants" and generally causing trouble, not for the fun of it but because he thinks he's saving everyone..... while wielding an enchanted troll liver.

mistformsquirrl
2013-05-18, 11:24 PM
Holy crap I have a lot of favorites to tell you the truth... In fact I'd almost go as far as to say "every character I create I love in their own way"

That said I have a few standouts that I wish I'd gotten to play further, but for various reasons was unable to do so -

Elwynn - A Battle Sorceress who's left arm was withered by a bad encounter with a wraith. She was former military in her city-state and rather patriotic; but also quite nervous around the undead.

Inoue Ame - A young samurai woman on a journey to improve her skills - sadly the campaign died before she got to do anything really, but I loved the character concept and in a lot of ways brought it back in an older more mature fashion with one of my current characters, Inoue Kaede.

Atriel Whitewing - My very first D&D character - a half-celestial fighter/sorcerer/spellsword. I don't remember his background to be honest; but he was in a lot of ways a cross between a Jedi and an Angel. I may have to remake him at some point with a DM who ISN'T trying to kill me (and won't make "little mermaid" jokes about his name)

DisasterArea42
2013-05-19, 12:10 AM
So, mine involves a bit of a story.

I was playing a character that required more time than I had to plan things, due to classwork and what not. So, I go to my DM and tell him I want to do a ridiculous character. So I settle on playing the classic Barbarian Wizard (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195049). My DM, though, he knows I'll make this guy really fun. So he gives me a free Wish AND Iron Heart Surge, once per day. I had one sheet of notebook paper with everything I would need to know on it, just in case my party that I'm getting ready to antagonize wants to see my character sheet.

Enter Krog, Barbarian 9, the Half Orc so dumb we had to look up whether or not he would recognize his reflection, which would probably shatter mirrors because he was that ugly. The party thought I was just playing a barbarian that wouldn't be able to figure out what limb the shoes go on until they head off into a jungle to fight a dragon and I stay behind just to teleport to the camp ahead of them. I about wore my throat out after 1 session, got him arrested for replacing a residential area with a forest after 2 or 3 sessions, after which I went back to playing a character that wasn't made to annoy my friends and throw out puns left and right.

Grommen
2013-05-19, 01:31 AM
I can narrow it down to a top 3. And in no way decide what one would be #1
I've tried to keep it short too.

No pactular order.

Kellin - Elven Fighter/wizard (AD&D 1st and 2nd). I didn't create the character, he was out of some 1st edition adventure. I'm told the name means "Bog" in German. Don't know...don't care. The name means doom in the Realms. He was my first character. Retired some where around 18th level fighter / 22nd level wizard (Yes I'm aware they can't get that high legally in 2nd ed)

Kellin was fond of sneaking up to Elmenster's tower and casting detect magic on the sucker (back then everything magical glowed). A second sun would rise that day. Poor old wizard never figured it out cause Kellin had an Amulet of non detection that he never took off. Once fought and captured an achient red dragon, cause he wanted a pet. Was old enough to tell the upstart Mystra to "take a hike", cause he knew the original one. Kellin used claws similar to Wolverines (it was highschool peoples) made out of Admantine, was fond of casting meteor swarms. He retired after having a battle of the Wizards in the middle of Waterdeep (nearly leveling the place). He kinda won haveing shattered his staff of the maji that was fully charged. It killed everyone, but he died last. He was then given divinity and rules my home made world. Yep I realize that is a lot of hooie, but we were 18. What would you expect? He still rocked.

Then we have "Q"

"Q" was born Qulairious VonSteven III. And that should about cover the name. He is an Elf Spell caster in Shadowrun (2nd and 3ed). Because abusing one game system with a spell tossing warrior type was not enough. "Q" is a hopeless addict, and adrenalin junkie. Best spell tosser the world has ever seen (ours anyway. yours may vary). When sober, he is completely insane, having lost his battle with reality some time ago. I gave up calculating his karma around 300 points. Last I recall he is a grade 6 initiate, 8 will (before spells), sorcery 8, power focus 4, has a familiar with more karma than other player characters, and two bound level 6 elementals (I don't even know how they are still bound to him). Has a katana weapon focus that resembles a lightsaber (with sound). His last job was protecting "Big D"... Ya that didn't work out so well. He is currently the president of Grease after wakening up on the beach with no memory of his former past. His past however has a memory of him, and it keeps trying to kill him.

And lastly "The Jynx"

I started her in AD&D (2nd) and she is semi retired now (Yes this character is older than a lot of you reading this post). Converted her to 3ed and then 3.5. Jynx is 25th level, and a prestige bard/archmage. Jynx began life as a half-elf bard (con man). Her goal was to be the spy and information broker of the group. She had dozens of persona's, from old women, to young boys. Has always been fun to play. She also robbed a lot of people blind, and was banned from Coymer for starting up a thieves guild (seems that they just cleaned out the old one). Once robbed a dwarven temple of all it's gems by picking a fight with a dragon, then dragging the town into the frey to help her fight it. Wile they were busy fighting, she cleaned out the temple. Would have gotten away with it but the dwarves were so grateful for her help with the dragon they wanted to give her a reward. After decades of adventuring Jynx and her close friend Quintion "The Great" the only person in the world that could tell when she was lien, moved up to Darma to Lay low (seemed The Black Staff was looking for them). After saving the Bloodstone Valley and overthrowing the Witch King Jynx has been appointed the Magester of the newly formed county of Bloodstone. Ironically she is charged with keeping the law and order of the kingdom. The fact that she is the defacto leader of the thieves guild didn't seem to bother anyone. Her bluff skill (unmodified)is over 30. Lived by only one creed "I get half."

I think they are my favorites because the are nothing like myself in life. They lie, cheat, steal, get wasted, shoot people, blow stuff up, and have a nack for setting everything on fire. They are out going, loud, socially unacceptable, amoral people. And in the end they still manage to save the day. And not the gritty anti-hero way. Q and Kellin are raving lunatics, who make a habit of blowing up their problems. Jynx is simply a heartless sociopath, who made a liveing deceiving anything she could. Damm I love em all. :smallbiggrin:

Katasi
2013-05-19, 01:37 AM
Then we have "Q"

"Q" was born Qulairious VonSteven III. And that should about cover the name. He is an Elf Spell caster in Shadowrun (2nd and 3ed). Because abusing one game system with a spell tossing warrior type was not enough. "Q" is a hopeless addict, and adrenalin junkie. Best spell tosser the world has ever seen (ours anyway. yours may vary). When sober, he is completely insane, having lost his battle with reality some time ago. I gave up calculating his karma around 300 points. Last I recall he is a grade 6 initiate, 8 will (before spells), sorcery 8, power focus 4, has a familiar with more karma than other player characters, and two bound level 6 elementals (I don't even know how they are still bound to him). Has a katana weapon focus that resembles a lightsaber (with sound). His last job was protecting "Big D"... Ya that didn't work out so well. He is currently the president of Grease after wakening up on the beach with no memory of his former past. His past however has a memory of him, and it keeps trying to kill him.

I don't suppose he ever went out pestering Starfleet captains?

Grommen
2013-05-19, 02:36 AM
I don't suppose he ever went out pestering Starfleet captains?

Nickname was given to him because his hair was "White as a Q-ball", and it got turned into "Q". Harassing Star Fleet came latter. No one, includeing me could remember his official name till I found a very old character sheet.

Did have a replica of one of the James Bond cars, the lience plate (in chrome) read "Continuum".

My next Shadowrun wizard was named "K". No he did not wear a black suit, or sunglasses, nore did he work for the MIB.

Grommen
2013-05-19, 02:46 AM
Come to think of it. I forgot Been.

Been R. Shot. (the R was for Repeatedly).

He got his name because that was the first thing that ever happened to em. Shadowrun character. Was walking down the sidewalk in Seattle and the sun came out. We knew right then we were in trouble. Next thing we know a black sedan screeched around the corner and the windows rolled down.

Well Bob dodged, Been got shot.

No one ever managed to figure out how to kill Been though. In the end he has been shot, been stabbed, been possessed, hacked, set on fire, pummeled, framed. He survived being hit by a Panther Assault cannon (not lien here, used all his karma but he lived). He is co-owner of a nuke, a Delta Grade clinic, and island in the Caribbean. So awesome was he that he made it to the last encounter of a Shadowrun adventure before having to shoot every mother #@$#'er in the room.

DigoDragon
2013-05-20, 07:36 AM
My favorite all-time number one PC...?

I'm going to go with Trixie, the mashup character I had that was a combination of Booster Gold (Justice League Unlimited) and The Great and Powerful Trixie (My Little Pony).

It was left intentionally vague OOC on where she came from (past, future, other world, etc.) but in character she assumed that Earth was a low magic world she transported herself to. Magic was so common in her world that Trixie was a nobody, but on low-magic Earth she knew of the potential to become the biggest hero known.

So yeah, an altruistic spellcaster who loved the spotlight and the fame of being a superhero. Never was in it for the money though. I quite enjoyed hamming up my performance to the Nth degree. It was also fun to find creative ways to defeat technology with magic as she didn't like the idea of using anything that wasn't running on mana.

Angel Bob
2013-05-20, 09:01 AM
I've made a lot of characters I quite appreciate, but I'll limit myself to those who have actually seen play.

One of my favorites would be Lo-Kag. Despite being a goliath fighter/runepriest, I ended up playing him more like O-Chul: a tough-as-nails paladin-esque warrior who upheld law and order. He also had an Intelligence score of 8, meaning that he was occasionally a bit thick. Quite fun to play. A shame his campaign sort of burned out; I might bring him back sometime.

Another contender for my favorite would be Ghesh Heskan, whose character concept began as an "atheist paladin" for our group's evil campaign. He ended up as a dragonborn Doomlord who wielded a vicious greataxe, making his critical hits truly devastating. I recall there was one combat encounter with a band of drow, in which the PCs were entirely blinded by some of their dark elf magic. This didn't stop Ghesh from charging blindly ahead, swinging his greataxe... and rolling a natural 20 that took out about 75% of an enemy's health. The DM ruled that I'd severed his arm. Appearance-wise, he ended up looking like Ganondorf from Zelda: Twilight Princess, complete with black plate armour and thick cape. Ghesh was also fun to roleplay, because out of the entire party, he was perhaps the only sane man.

Speaking of a lack of sanity, the other evil PC I played in this campaign (we only had three people playing, so we took up multiple characters) was Thom the Drummer, a wild mage whose backstory was basically Rumpelstiltskin gone terribly wrong. Long story short, his mother promised her firstborn to a demon lord in exchange for arcane power, resulting in a demonically infused person of mass destruction: Thom himself. Whereas Ghesh was exciting on natural 20s, Thom was hilarious on natural 1s: in that same encounter above, he fired off a chaos bolt while blinded, rolled a natural 1, and then rolled to determine what happened. Turned out he switched places with the target, which had apparently been the middle of a prison cell. From there, he blasted a few chaos bolts out at the drow -- only to score another natural 1, and again switch places with the target. Next thing you know, one of our opponents was locked up in a cell, making the encounter substantially easier. That campaign was pretty hysterical, all things considered. :smalltongue:

Jay R
2013-05-20, 09:34 AM
Jean-Louis, a Flashing Blades Rogue:

[All of the following was his backstory, written before the game started.)

Jean-Louis is a Parisian street-rat. He was an orphan, raised by the nuns of Notre Dame, until he fled at age eight, upon hearing that he was to be taught Latin. Since then he has lived by his wits, developing the skills of a cutpurse and thief.

Jean-Louis particularly enjoys climbing, feeling happiest and most secure when climbing buildings. (He has discovered that most Parisians never look up.) In the last few years he has spent a lot of time exploring the architecture.

Flashing Blades characters get one Secret and one Advantage.

Secret Origins

Jean-Louis was a foundling, left at Notre Dame in a basket. Nothing is known about him except that he was left with a satin blanket with the monogram "JL". Is it a clue to his parentage? Is he the bastard son of a noble with those initials? Or was he born to a servant girl who stole the blanket? Is he the inconveniently legal heir that somebody wants dead? He does not know, although he still has the blanket.

Note to GM: Neither the character nor the player has any idea what this means. If you choose to clear up the mystery, the secret could easily develop into a Secret Identity, Sworn Vengeance, or Blackmailed, depending on the details. Feel free to use it any way you choose. A monogram cannot be traced (how many JLs are there?), but it might be recognized by a family member, washerwoman, or the original embroiderer. It could also be a blind to the child's identity.

Advantage: Contact - Master of the Fencing School

Jean-Louis, at age 14, was climbing and exploring. Finding an open window, he entered the lavish rooms. He was surprised in one room by a middle-aged man in a nightgown who grabbed a sword off the wall and challenged Jean-Louis.

Although Jean-Louis had a rapier, he had only fought untrained street ruffians like himself, and had an entirely unjustified high opinion of his own fencing skills. Drawing his sword and attacking, he was astounded to be:

1) parried,
2) sidestepped,
3) swatted on the butt with the flat of the blade, and
4) admonished to "Point your toe forward, don't lean over, hold the pommel up, keep your point on line, don't telegraph your blows."
Jean-Louis had no idea what was going on, and charged again, with similar results. This time he was told that he had managed to combine the elegance of a plough horse with the killer instinct of a milk cow. After the next pass, the man screamed, "Point your foot at me, fool!" Rather to his own surprise, Jean-Louis did. For the next five minutes, he was subjected to his first fencing lesson, at two in the morning, in a house he'd broken into, from a man in a nightgown.

It broke up when Jean-Louis's stomach rumbled. The fencing master asked him when he'd last eaten, and Jean-Louis said three days ago. (A flat lie -- he'd had a perfectly good crust of bread a day and a half ago. But street urchins always say they haven't eaten in three days, even when they're hopelessly overstuffed.)

The master fed him, and asked many questions. (Maítre Francis Toquin is involved in politics, and was frankly wondering which of his enemies had sent so hopelessly incompetent an assassin.) Deciding that Jean-Louis was too foolish to be a spy, the fencing master offered to teach him at the Toquin Fencing School.

Jean-Louis couldn't find the place the next day, since he had been too embarrassed to admit that he couldn't read. He next saw Maítre Toquin three weeks later, and was escorted to the school.

Several years later, Jean-Louis is an assistant at the school, and has the friendship of the master.

OctoberRaven
2013-05-23, 06:46 AM
The Blood Carver- SWd20. He had a name, which escapes me at the moment, but he was known simply as "The Blood Carver" in game because of the rarity of his species. His crowning moment of awesome happened in his second adventure- When the group was shanghaied by Hutts and taken to Nal Hutta for the apparent crime of Jedis being in their midst, he hid his blasters on his person and convinced the head Hutt that he was on his side so he could get close enough to the Hutt to assassinate it at point blank range. Why? Because he was hired by the group as protection. Nothing more.

Geisteskrank- D&D. Made for an evil campaign. A necromancer who believed his dead wife was not only still alive (just very ill) but actually had conversations with her. He also tricked a barbarian into thinking his knife contained the barbarian's soul as a form of interrogation.

Jay R
2013-05-23, 09:18 AM
I hadn't thought about him in a little while, but I created a D&D-style TOON character - Ragnar Rabbit, the Hanna-Barbarian.

Ragnar deliberately had low Smarts, because if a TOON character tries to do something clearly impossible, and fails his Smarts roll, he succeeds. The trick to playing Ragnar was to never try anything reasonable.

BWR
2013-05-23, 10:20 AM
I have so many it's hard to choose. And many of them are not necessarily favorites because they did stuff that dozens of other characters haven't done before but because I really grew fond of their personalities.
some of them include

Tramachus ex Bjoernar, a magus in Ars Magica. He was firm believer in the old maxim of a healthy mind in a healthy body and would have morning exercises in the courtyard of the Covenant. And because he was enamored with Classical Greece and had as much shame as a two-year old in a bath, he exercised buck naked. The Covenfolk quickly got used to him and tried not to look, and tried not to speak to him.
He also had prodigious lechrous appetites, which didn't exactly fit well with 13th century European ideas on fornication. He was also an atheist, which doesn't fit well with 13th century Europe, or the Ars Magica setting where god actually does exist. He was, thanks to his personality and the Gift, a walking, talking public relations nightmare. It didn't help that he and the local duke's wife got it on one night.
He also got Poseidon pissed at him at one point (damn botches).

Another favorite would probably be Hida Akira, from a pseudo-L5R/D&D setting in 16/17th century Japan. He eventually retired as a PC in favor of his children, grandchildren and now great-grand children. Basically, I'm terribly fond of just about everyone in that family, most of whom have been PCs at one point or another.
Some notable events that have happened:
- Akira's 5 year old daughter was kidnapped by agents of the Chinese emperor (part of a power play, since Akira was married to the Japanese emperor's daughter. long story). Akira's 8 year old son didn't take this lying down, snuck into his grandfather's room, stole some figurines of woundrous power and managed to make his way to China on his own, sneak into the Imperial Palace and nearly get out before being retrieved by friendly...specialists.

- One 14 year old great-grandchild escaped the assassins that came for him, tracked them back to where his younger sister was held as insurance, snuck in and killed 12 trained fighters in their sleep before fighting the last one fairly and beating him (basically a 1st level ranger faced off against a 5th level fighter and due to some spectacular dice rolls won), and rescued his sister.

Hunter Noventa
2013-05-23, 01:42 PM
Our first real Pathfinder game had me playing Saya Saeron, the most intimidating 16-year old girl in the world.

I mean, sure part of that had to do with single-handedly taking down a Paladin twice her level in single combat, but the idea of this cute and friendly girl being able to scare the crap out of nearly anyone int he world with a glare was just awesome.

Blackmoor
2013-05-23, 02:44 PM
Ozzy Van Halen the hard rocking bard. His motivation (that I wrote on the character sheet) is "To rock the world, and maybe score some babes and drugs while I'm at it." Think Ozzy Osbourne + David Lee Roth and you get an idea of his personality.

Felandria
2013-05-25, 06:35 PM
Six months ago, it would have been a Tossup.

Sera Silverthorne was a cleric, her deity was her battleaxe, Steve.

I intended her to be bat guano crazy, the comic relief of the group, but my DM took one look at her and decided to make Steve an actual deity, we made it a magical item that could cast fireball and cure mod wounds, it talked only to me until it eventually revealed itself to the rest of the party.

Every time we ended up at an inn, I'd go I to every room and put a Book of Steve next to the bed.

I ended up being the voice of reason in the group, the one keeping the others from doing something stupid.

But it's been years since I played her, and there's no doubt now that as far as characters I've played, Felandria is my favorite.

A tall, beautiful red headed sorceress who joined the party because she was tired of getting hit on by the same townsfolk everyday, started out as the sarcastic but caring type, kind of like a fem Jeff Winger, over the course of the campaign....

*fell in love with a fetching barmaid
*was nearly killed by an incompetent halfling rogue
*paralyzed with fear by a giant frog
*found a mysterious sword and shield that called to her
*banished from her hometown by the evil mayor who wanted the sword
*acted as bodyguard for a very Lannisterian pair of elven siblings
*slept with them
*cursed by a voodoo doll by them
*nearly violated by a possessed altar boy
*acquired the services of a ninja donkey (the party was attacked by goblins, donkey was attacked seven times, never got hit)
*watched in the shower by King's wizard
*Ventured into the underdark
*met a handsome vampire named Chance who wanted to make her his bride
*had body stolen by evil vampiric wizard
*had body used to kill best friend
*killed man who stole best friend's ashes
*developed slight drinking problem
*received gift of Righteous Might from King as reward for completing underdark quest
*discovered inter dimensional gateway in ice cave, frozen in a block of ice with a shield identical to one she found before
*permanently doubled in size by activating portal, awakening her dormant storm giant blood
*travelled to Olympus
*met real father, who is Zeus
*tasked with destroying evil children's book that poisoned Zeus
*travelled to hell
*fought Nalfeshnee demon on giant staircase
*fought undead beholder on River Styx
*watched helplessly as half of party killed in fire trap
*turned into vampire
*resented by rest of party IRL for getting to be both a giant and a vampire, despite it being totally DM's idea
*almost killed by Ares
*returned to Chance, given five minutes to finish mission before returning to him forever
*throws book and self into Orcus's mouth
*turns into green mist and teleported back to underdark
*spends five years as Chance's bride
*devamped after Chance mysteriously vanishes
*moves to Olympus to serve her father and learn how to be a Godling
*spends fifteen years under Zeus's tutelage
*develops additional powers, learns how to create and throw lightning bolts
*grows even more as her storm giant blood takes over
*assigned to create a grand sporting event known as the Olympiad
*hires new party to protect Olympus while gods are distracted
*blackmailed by creature known as The Collector to become centerpiece of collection in exchange for Chance's freedom.
*party defeats Collector, freeing her and Chance
*Chance releases her officially, knowing they have grown apart

As you can see, We've been through a lot together.

Callin
2013-05-25, 07:40 PM
Stitch (before the movie btw) a Human Hunter: Avenger in my First White Wolf Campaign.

Tommy a completely insane Mind Mage from White Wolf as well. He awakened in an insane asylum and was broken out by his familiar a 2' brewery rat. The Rat was also his Mentor who was teaching him Magic. Tommy was damn near a Marauder. He never spoke true sentences. He would just mutter in a sing song voice "Tommmmmy, Tommmmy" And point at the Rat.

And my first is always going to be my TOP Favorite. Callin Tryluck of house Tryluck. Elven Ranger from way back in AD&D. His first adventure was him and his half brother (played by my full brother) Calis Tryluck. Half Elf Ftr/Theif guarding a Caravan. I got my first Magic Item that game as well. A Dragonslaying (Blue) Sword. The blade was dyed Blue. It was Sept of 98 and I was just starting my Senior Year. Some of my good friends played so I convinced one of em to run something for me and my Bro. We played in my Kitchen on a friday night after school. TONS of Fun and because of that night I have enjoyed the rest of my life so far. I honestly dont think I slept at all my Senior Year of HS. Between work, parties, and 36 hour gaming sessions lol.

LordSeabass
2013-06-14, 05:01 AM
My Favorite Character woud have to be a level 6 wizard named Count Olaf
from a DnD 3.5 campaign.

we rolled stats and i got average scores, I dont remember how good and I cant check until I find his sheet.
He was 91 years old and had abysmal strength and dex (6 strength and 7 dex) due to age changes and thusly also had amazing wisdom and intelligence. his constituion i remeber being like 14 so yeah. I loved this guy because of 2 things. 1 was he was a grumpy old man and thus I was able to mess with npcs and harras them a little without retaliation because im "the old guy" and the second was that, well I never optimize in any real way other than stat dumping, which from my experience never amounted to anything and my idea behind this guy was that, well heck hes an old man, he cant dodge attacks, lets just let him take the hit and then die in one shot. I wanted a glass cannon that wasnt very good :p. we tpked, mainly because all our campaigns are short, we either win handily or tpk, no exceptions yet.

My fondest memeories would be of him grumbling while walking with his walking stick, always complaigning about something, or reminincing, or making lecherous stares at barmaids, making a lewd comment about my oak Staff, then hakking and coughing a storm.
and of course his death, he cast blinding tears on some gaint thingy that was throwing spears, this guy manager to roll 20s on everyone. essintially becoming the crying terror. Olaf died much like ace ventura, speared, corked, impaled (through the chest not the knees)

Obrimo
2013-06-14, 05:48 AM
Séan the 7th generation Ravnos antitribru from Ireland, 5' nothing and ginger. Carried a live hand grenade in his pocket because everyone assumed he was using illusions for everything and he had Fortitude and other people didn't. His best friend was the packs Priestess, a Malkavian with a shoppong list of crazy and a penchanct for making people happier through torture.

Some of my favourtie moments include, tricking a demon into giving him free power and using said power to drop a cavern on the head of the demons lackey trying to summon it into reality.

Being let out of a staking during the Week of Nightmares to go toe to toe with a Nosferatu Elder guarding Baba Yaga and winning.

Mnemophage
2013-06-14, 07:16 AM
Nessia.

Nessia was a seven-foot-something-odd humanoid styracosaurus made for a RIFTS Tundra Ranger game. She was birthed from the idea of dinosaur cavalry, and when that wasn't awesome enough, the natural extension of a dinosaur riding a dinosaur. While I didn't truly play her numerically well (I only discovered about halfway through what a massive damage boon being able to dive-bomb things with a terror bird was), she developed a wonderful personality and attitude that helped define my outlook as a roleplayer. As an insane roleplayer, who inevitably chooses the most explosive, bombastic choice regardless of how much it's going to bite me later on.

Nessia's world is an Earth-variant where the K-12 extinction event which heralded the end of the dinosaur age never happened. Offshoots of the major players specialized through evolution to the point where they possessed the intelligence and (usually) lifespan of current humans, and due to one of the laws of dimensional coherence, society progressed much as it did on root Earth apart from that one major change. Nessia is American, Catholic, and a military brat, having grown up in a family of flyboys who earned their reputations fighting Fritz in the Great War. When World War 2 bubbled into being, she eagerly joined the Air Force, but was ultimately denied the option of piloting an aircraft due to nearsightedness. Undeniably attracted to the sky, she instead wound up a paratrooper, and served admirably until one of the nigh-immortal, incredibly powerful "dracosaurs" decided to take a more hands-on approach to World War and died for its impetuousness. Nessia's transport was disabled and she was forced to deploy early - straight into a dimensional rift whose exit point was the Aurora Borealis on RIFTS Earth. She literally parachuted through a midair melee, through a crack in time and space amid whizzing bullets and chunks of dead dragon, drifting serenely down to the snow-bruised debris field at the North Pole.

The Aurora Borealis, in RIFTS Earth, is a permanently-open rift that tends to connect to whatever the plot needs it to. Things accumulate underneath. Spaceships, Viking tribes, tentacle monsters, phone booths, cherry blossoms. Dinosaur eggs. Alone, lost and critically underdressed, Nessia found a clutch of pterodactyl eggs spattered across the tundra with no present mother and a single survivor: the newborn Alto, her first and closest friend in this strange place. They survived and supported each other for many grueling weeks until they were discovered and taken in by the Tundra Rangers, with whom she has been training for years while she learned how this weird world worked.

Nessia was the only non-human in a party full of hairless pink monkeys, and she owned it. Her inadequate eyes were replaced with superior robot versions, and she possessed a physique that would have been Olympian-quality in her own reality. The tip of her crest would scrape against ceilings, and she took intense pleasure in buzzing rural communities on dino-back and giving kids shooting lessons/pterodactyl rides. On-mission, she was half-professional and half-berzerker, being as she figured she was never getting back home and, according to official records, would have been listed as killed in action in any case. Her morality was skewed by her experiences: she would be astonishingly friendly to people of virtue, but lacked any sort of restraint with those who trucked with or were representations in the dark parts of magic. She had this habit of leaping bodily on top of and wrestling to the ground things she had no business even being in the same room with. This resulted in a fiend biting off most of her left cheek, which scarred gruesomely and gave her a quite entertaining horror factor. At some point, she acquired a demon-seeking magical spear which only exacerbated her habit of finding her pterodactyl's flight ceiling and leaping from it to impale a target at terminal velocity. Which she survived. Routinely.

Despite the fact that I actively played out her literal death-wish, she survived the campaign. I do hope the DM runs a reprise, as she was a hell of a lot of fun to play and I want another shot at her.

Azreal
2013-06-14, 10:01 AM
I have two favorites the first being Rue the Elf Sorcerer in a 3.5 campaign, the second being a Planeswalker version of myself in a homebrewed Magic the Gathering campaign.

Rue was a total ass, had a superiority complex and I used a bunch of Draconic feats in his making. He because of the DM making jokes became the most beautiful of elves. He also had an ungodly Bluff check at like +14 first level with a fear and a viper familiar. He never ever failed a Bluff check. He managed over the course of things
*Start a tavern brawl at level one by making a Druids animal companion piss itself in the corner with a Cause Fear
*Got everyone arrested because he passed a Bluff check.
*got everyone to get an Attack of Opportunity on an ogre cuz Ghost Sounds can replicate dragon sounds and he failed his will save badly and ran right past all of us.
*accidentally break a bag of holding and everyone went through to a new dimension
*break the multiverse by putting magic into the portal making it explode and we watched things fly out disintegrate then in reverse time reform and fly backward back through. It leveled the forest for as far as we could see and we couldn't see the ocean as it got pushed past the horizon
*Tried to seduce a Minotaur fail, and then just Mage hand his keys anyway
*after arguing about releasing a Demon Pirate, watch the rogue pick the lock and seeing a cloud of darkness appear, turn into a Minotaur (described as the most beautiful Minotaur) and charge straight through the slaves I just released to sve myself and the ranger.

Drakescale was my persona made deck made character. He had a dragon he raised with him at all times, would light on fire when angry, and loved all things furry and scaled. His shining moment was summoning up 4 dragons to kill this guy who was capturing people and animals and ended up killing most of them trying to convert them to etherium (magic cyborg)

Traab
2013-06-14, 10:13 AM
For me it wasnt a tabletop game, it was Everquest, and its the only two characters I ever truly roleplayed with and had so much fun. First was Traab Fellhammer a human monk. His whole deal was that he was a fairly laid back kind of guy, he was sort of like Brock from pokemon in that he hit on ALL the women, but most especially elven women, (they were his nurse joys and officer jennys lol) He would serenade them with love songs and always offer to help when he saw a woman in danger. Lord help any creature that dared attack a woman in his presence, hoo boy. He would go full tilt berserker rage on whatever it is, and it didnt matter if it was some weakling goblin, or one of the gods, he would be the TANK for that fight. He also had a silly side though. Any time he entered a zone, he would start singing his own personal theme song to everyone in ear shot. It was a silly thing, based off Joxxur The Mighty if anyone ever watched Xena.

My other character was a halfling druid named Dobbin Evilsbane. He started his career as a warrior before he felt the call to protect nature and became a druid. But his time as a warrior left its mark. You see, he wasnt setup as a druid, he fought like a warrior that knew some spells. Instead of stacking caster gear on him, he grabbed the heaviest armor he could equip, got himself some melee haste gear, a nice club and a shield, and would go around beating everything to death, rarely using more than a couple of spells and some heals if needed. In groups he was always a frontline fighter, though he never forgot to heal his group mates. It wasnt optimal in any way, but it was fun, and it worked. While other druids are out kiting guards and such around 4 at a time blasting them from a distance, I am picking fights with hill giants and bashing their ankles till they fall over and can be finished off.

eulmanis12
2013-06-14, 01:05 PM
It was an NPC in a game I ran/am still running out of a homebrew system called powder and shot.

Colonel Harry Lee, Commander of the mountain rangers, and acting commander of the Mountanian Western Army. Expert marksman, and master of gerrilla warfare. Carries an expy of the Baker Rifle and a straight heavy cavalry sword. Was a lot of fun to write, and helped the PCs get into a large number of shenanagins, when the campaign continues at the start of the school year I'm planning on bringing him back into the game to pull the PC's out of the hornets nest the kicked over in the last session. (Prison riot/ jail on fire/ Two armies (neither particularly friendly) squaring off across their escape route/ BBEG just arrived, only the last of those problems was supposed to happen, the others, well lets just say "Players were here")

The Fury
2013-06-14, 03:44 PM
My top two are Javier the Pirate and Tess the Paladin.

Javier was kind of funny because after being unsure of what to make one of the other players said to make a pirate, so I did. Over the course of the campaign Javier acquired his own ship, hired a crew which was fun. He also got to play Reincarnate Roulette! Because he was the first to enter rooms, or set off traps Javier died most often out of anyone and the party had a creepy Druid that insisted that Javier "wouldn't want to come back in an expensive way,"
So Javier got reincarnated as a dwarf, a half elf and finally a lizardfolk. At the end of the campaign Javier got to kick the creepy druid off his ship and sailed off with his crew to whatever his next adventure was. Awesome.

Tess the Paladin was in one of the stranger player parties in that the DM would quit running the game so someone else would step up and start a new campaign, in a new setting with the same party. I think the player party visited three campaigns/settings in total. During which Tess questioned the logic of the kingdom having all towns and landmarks days' to months' journey apart from one another, much to the DMs annoyance. Afterward, ending up at an abandoned city with a Stargate which neither she nor anyone in the party can activate. In subsequent campaigns/settings Tess accidentally turned her hair pink with a Rod of Wonder and was convinced into becoming a salt merchant. Granted, Tess wasn't cool but she turned out to be funny.

QuintonBeck
2013-06-14, 06:11 PM
One of my favorites is actually an npc from a game I am currently DMing Horrace Bloodshine, a civilized, intelligent Orc fighter who helped the party (a group of relative noobies) through their first dungeon crawl and then my plan was to leave them to their own devises with Horraqce going off on his own quest to find some more of his people (Orcs are very much like Krogan in this setting). However, despite the non-Orc-trusting Fighter's objections at having an Orc tag along, the Monk, who had had so much fun "Corpse Bowling" with Horrace, insisted they helped him on his quest. He ended up taking over a tribe of Orcs in the new land the PCs were exploring and is proving to be a valuable ally to the PCs.

Prymetime
2013-06-15, 09:47 PM
I think my favorite character of all time would have to be Skreech the kobold druid. Skreech was abandoned by his parents when he was a baby in a swamp infamous for its dinosaur population. Instead of meeting the likely fate of being eaten by a dinosaur, he was instead raised by them, learning the laws of survival and self-sufficiency by evading tyrannosaurs. Skreech learned a connection to the land, and from it drew druidic powers.

Eventually, Skreech left the swamp, and lived on the outskirts of civilization, eating stray pets until his presence was noted by the populace, and then moving on. During his travels he heard talk of dragons--great, scaled beasts that could eat a man whole. From this description, Skreech surmised that the beasts he had grown up evading were dragons, and because no one had told him otherwise, made the logical leap that he was actually a baby dragon himself. It didn't help that when he met the group they all botched their knowledge checks to correctly identify him as a kobold, and thus their ignorance solidified his convictions.

And so began the story of Skreech, the kobold druid who fancied himself a dragon and would attempt to eat anyone who told him otherwise, who rode a raptor into battle and would wild shape into a tyrannosaur that shot lightning bolts out of its mouth; Skreech, who single-handedly shot down an enemy airship and ended up commandeering it and becoming a sky pirate. I miss that little guy.

mistformsquirrl
2013-06-17, 02:46 PM
Prymetime, that's awesome haha... sounds like he basically turned into Godzilla <@_@>

Marxism
2013-06-17, 11:23 PM
My favorite character's are the ones I make as a DM for the party to interact with.

The Mayor A LG aristocrat controlling a small mining town intent or insuring economic success with help of the PC's a very fun character I slowly developed him into a LN businessman willing to cross any line to save his town.

Zhukov LG paladin strategist playing against the Evil PC's as the led a demon army across the land destroying everything. He eventually fell in his efforts to stop them releasing Leviathans on them to stop their progress. When they faced him in person he had deliberately made himself into an undead abomination in a last ditch effort to kill them

Katrina A 14 year old girl turned into a Vampire and slowly shaped into a killing weapon by an evil wizard. A powerful warblade she was captured by the party and essentially held as an almost prisoner that eventually came to love them. Realizing what she truly was and how her vampirism would eventually result in her killing someone she sought out a cure and died trying to find it.

As I wrote this I realized I'm a bit of a Downer DM