PDA

View Full Version : Soulstitched [New Monster]

Logic
2006-11-29, 11:53 AM
Ok, so I came up with a "fluff" idea, and a name. I am hoping that the good people of the Giant in the Playground Boards can make a template based off of the name and description.

Apologies if this already exists somewhere.

A soulstitched can be compared to a flesh golem. Bits and pieces gathered from various hosts, nothing is quite identifying as belonging to anyone specific. Exotic necromancy is required to bring a soustiched into existance.
A soulstitched is composed of small portions of various souls, some living and some dead.

[Possible game information:] Any living creture that is ability drained by a soulstiched cannot have the ability damage healed or regained in any way short of the death of the soulstiched that caused the ability drain. Soulstiched become permanantly more powereful with each soul they siphon.

XtheYeti
2006-11-29, 12:37 PM
Ok thats cool, now how bout some stats, m'kay

Thistle
2006-11-29, 04:55 PM
Not complete but has most of the basics. I didn't think it would work too well as a template given the need for multiple creatures so this is what I came up with.

Soulstitched
Medium Undead (Incorporeal)
HD 4d12 (25 HP)
Speed Fly 40 ft. average (8 squares)
Init +3
AC 13 (+3 Dex); touch 13; flat-footed 10
BAB +2; Grp -
Attack Incorporeal touch +5 (1d4 plus 1d4 Wisdom and Charisma drain)
Full-Attack Incorporeal touch +5 (1d4 plus 1d4 Wisdom and Charisma drain)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft
Special Attacks Wisdom and Charisma drain, Keep the Soul
Special Qualities Darkvision, Undead traits, Incorporeal traits
Saves Fort +1 Ref +4 Will +4
Abilities Str -, Dex 16, Con -, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10
Skills
Feats
Environment Any
Organization Solitary
Challenge Rating
Treasure None
Alignment Neutral Evil
Advancement 5-10 HD (medium) 11-20 HD (large)
Level Adjustment –

A brightly colored, veiled figure approaches. They are composed entirely of transparent silks that swirl and shift as in a high wind.

A soulstitched can be compared to a flesh golem. Bits and pieces of souls gathered from various hosts. Exotic necromancy is required to bring a soustiched into existence.
A soulstitched is composed of small portions of various souls, some living and some dead.

Combat

A soulstitched’s fragmented spirit is constantly searching for a way to complete itself. This however is impossible, with the souls it gathers never fully becoming one. Any creature with a soul is subject to a soulstitched’s drive for a complete soul.

Wisdom and Charisma Drain (su): Any creature with a soul hit by a soulstitched’s incorporeal touch attack must succeed a DC 10 Will save or take 1d4 Wisdom and 1d4 Charisma damage. The save DC is Charisma-based. On each successful attack the soulstiched gains 2 temporary hp (this cannot exceed base hit points) and a new color of silk to its swirling mass.

Keep the Soul (su): Any living creature that is ability drained by a soulstiched cannot have the ability damage healed or regained in any way short of the death of the soulstiched that caused the ability drain.
In addition for every 5x current HD of Wisdom and Charisma drained a soulstitched gains one HD. When this occurs a soulstiched gains all normal benefits of increased hp, feats, skill points, ect, and raises Charisma and Wisdom scores by 2. Any Wisdom or Charisma drained in excess goes towards the amount needed to level again.

Logic
2006-11-30, 05:51 AM
Perfect. This was exactly the style I was looking for. I did not have my books with me, but I wanted to get the idea out there, to see if there were any people talented enough to take my idea and run with it.

As for challenge rating, I think that for the one presented 4-6 is probably appropriate.

icke
2006-12-01, 10:04 AM
Nice monster.

Level adjustment should be something like 5+extra levels gained?