PDA

View Full Version : Empire Builders....

kkortekaas
2006-11-30, 03:28 PM
Greetings all,
I need to replace Hobgoblins with some other type of exotic race (OGL if possible) that built an Aztec type civilization on the backs of Halfling slaves. The Slaves revolted, and the Empire builders fled with greatly reduced numbers over a large mountain chain and haven't been seen in quite awhile...

Suggestions?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2006-11-30, 03:35 PM
Githyanki? Githzerai? I don't know, those just seem to pop out in my mind.

kkortekaas
2006-11-30, 03:40 PM
I didn't even think of those two...guess ye olde brain hops right to planar travel at the mention of those names....but I'll have to look into that.

Umarth
2006-11-30, 06:48 PM
What about (Azer (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/azer.htm)). Uncommon race that's naturally powerful enough to dominate halflings. Also with there unusual background it would explain a strange sun worshiping culture.

Plus there are some nice minis of them put out by WoTC.

icke
2006-12-01, 05:04 AM
If You want something like the Quetzalcouatl legends, then any reptilian/snake people will be fine: Yuan Ti, Salamander, Lizardfolk, what You like.

Currently DMing a similar campaign and with me it's Yuan Ti ruling humans. Works fine.

kkortekaas
2006-12-01, 08:10 AM
I'm hoping to possibly publish the Homebrew I'm working on, so I'd prefer to use something under the OGL. I didn't think that the Yaun-ti were able to be used (they were my original first choice...)

icke
2006-12-01, 09:40 AM
Hmm... why not build Your own race, something that fits best?