PDA

View Full Version : Dwarven Castle

Xerillum
2006-11-30, 10:32 PM
Located in the countryside rises an imposing structure. From a massive keep, there is a high inner wall, a slightly lower middle wall, and a twenty foot thick, 50 foot high outer wall, with towers at every vertex in the concentric octagons. It can provide shelter from war, and it can be the site of epic battles.
--------------------------
A large force of dwarves marches in, 50,000 in all, with another 50,000 coming soon.

Xerillum
2006-11-30, 10:36 PM
The rest of the army marches in, the dwarven army is full. ((I gotta leave.))

Renrik
2006-12-01, 01:58 PM
Goblin spies from the GSA wait outside the castle in hiding, watching it.

Xerillum
2006-12-01, 05:17 PM
Mages on the outer wall stand at attention, looking at the stretching plain. one of them lazily fireballs a lone tree.

McBish
2006-12-01, 05:19 PM
The tree cries as it burns. No more happy tree.

Xerillum
2006-12-01, 05:26 PM
The dwarven army takes up positions on the walls, as Xerillum grips his sword, thumbing a shard of glowing metal.

--------------------------------------
the dwarves march out, with Tor leading thenm. Xerillum flies overhead.

Fualkner Asiniti
2006-12-01, 09:59 PM
Me and my giant spider scale the walls. An army of smaller spiders follow. Chinites climb up behind them. they look like they come from many backgrounds. Fualkner climbs to the highest point and shouts:

It's mine now, suckers! Hahahaha!

Xerillum
2006-12-01, 10:07 PM
all the mages and elite guards fend them off. sucker.

Destro_Yersul
2006-12-01, 10:08 PM
((@Faulkner: First of all, welcome to the Town. We're very friendly here, and don't bite... much. Second, if you haven't read the Town's rules yet, may I suggest you do so? There's nothing we can do to enforce them, but they help to make Town more enjoyable for all))

Xerillum
2006-12-01, 10:11 PM
the dwarves march into the gate and take posts.

Xerillum
2006-12-02, 08:24 AM
Another corps of elven crossbowmen march in, as a thick black smoke rises from the castle, on it is the scent of a forge.

Rainspattered
2006-12-03, 02:01 PM
K'shakh limps towards the castle, his body not yet fully healed, or anywhere close to it. His bandages hang in rags, and the serpents that gather together in the form of his body and nowhere near enough to be complete.

Xerillum
2006-12-03, 04:18 PM
A sentry notices the undead and prepares a messenger.

Thri-Kreen_DK
2006-12-04, 04:25 AM
A group of 200 Thri-Kreen move over to the castle.
An Emmisary leaves the group to talk to the dwarves.

After (hopefully) being admitted into the area, they ask the dwarves/tell the dwarves the following things:
a) Why are you attacking the goblins
b) Would you like to exchange materials/trade with the Thri-Kreen.
c) Why is this castle even here?

(OOC: Whats your food source/water souce.
I need a reasonable explanation here with good reasons because what I'd going to do, trade-wise depends on it.
Please don't just say that they have food for no apparent reason. It's not good RP.)

Xerillum
2006-12-04, 08:06 AM
((underground fauna and flora and streams in the caves under it.))

Hello. one, they are our lifelong enemies. two, depends what you have. three. we built it.

Rainspattered
2006-12-04, 07:18 PM
"I come to negotiate peace before these hostilities continue and we are forced to take measures beyond those of mild defense. The conditions are simple; you may not attack the goblins any more. Self-defense will be permitted, although if it is found you instigated the Goblins to attack, we will still void the treaty. You may not go within one-hundred feet of the slums. Goblins are free to go where they please. If that seems unfair to you, consider first that you attempted genocide upon two seperate races in one war. If this still seems unfair, your a devils behind the masks of men and we wish no entreaty with your vile kind. Additionally, the next four-hundred-and-sixty adult, non-aged, dwarves to die must donate their corpses to replenishing the unjust slaughter of some of our guardsmen. The Goblins must be recompensated for any and all damages suffered, promply and as soon as they demand and you are able."

Xerillum
2006-12-04, 08:20 PM
the messenger climbs to the Grand Tower of the outer wall. Bah! those demands are unreasonable! That treaty will never be signed! Archers on the walls draw their longbows.

Rainspattered
2006-12-04, 08:35 PM
"Like I said, the Goblins have your genocide attempt on their side. However, I didn't honestly expect this to work. I'd prefer if you had the sense of sport not to shoot a crippled man in the back as he limps away, but I have no hard-and-fast expectations of such decency, so worry not of disappointing me."

Thri-Kreen_DK
2006-12-05, 01:01 AM
"Lifelong enemies you say? And you are attacking them unprovoked.
Let the grudge die, less We be forced to commit to war against you to rid the land of your predjiduced kind."

The envoy leaves after reply, wondering how roots that grow without light are able to support 100k dwarves.

Xerillum
2006-12-05, 08:11 AM
the elven snipers fire at the mummy. pfft. leave. now.

Renrik
2006-12-05, 01:51 PM
Goblin spies watch the castle from a hidden observatory on a hilll ways away, beyond arrow range, using a telescope.

Flabbicus
2006-12-05, 03:39 PM
The knight rides in, a large scroll at his hip. He stops his horse, dismounts, and walks towards the castle. He pulls out another, smaller scroll and reads it out, he drops it to the ground as the paper inflames and disintegrates. Despite the cold weather he removes his cowl, and rings out in a clear, concise, and articulate voice-

As you fine humanoids must surely know, attacking an unarmed enemy who is merely delivering a message is both underhanded, dishonorable, irrational, and wholly unjust. I will not hesitate to summon the herald of my god within your castle if you continue this chaotic, illogical, hostile, and racist and xenophobic crusade.

These specific undead have not slaughtered your people nor have they destroyed your crops, near as I heard from he rumors of the townspeople, and they are in the right in this conflict. Cease this actions or, despite my dislike for the anarchic institutions in this settlement, I will call you into court, and Arbath willing I will force you to accept the realities of this situation.

Rainspattered
2006-12-05, 10:28 PM
K'shakh, without turning or slowing his limp, casts a hellball on his feet, eliminating the first volley of arrows in a torrent of magical energy. The next set of arrows, he eliminates with a flaming pillar centered around himself, slightly wider than his body, reaching from the ground farther into the sky than the elves or dwarves can make out. Its heat alters the state of matter of the arrows instantaneously to a gas form. Limping along, he uses probability machinations, clearly not telekinesis, to alter the probabilities of reality so that the arrows of the next volley all manage to fall in such an organization as to build a neat little city of arrow-cabins about the right size for a large child's toy to live in.
"If I shared your sense of honour and value for sentient beings, I guarantee you every single living being in your castle would be dead." K'shakh says without a hint of bragging or hesitation; the simple truth, evidenced by the terrible magic he used with no effort to neutralize the arrow. Not a threat, not a promise, just a statement; I could kill you all without second thought, be grateful I'm not such a filthy, murderous wretch as whatever king you answer to.
To any listening, the message is clear and nearly impossible to mis-interpret. At different times, people simply notice that K'shakh is not there anymore.

Flabbicus
2006-12-05, 10:31 PM
The knight remains standing even after the undead disappears. He continues to stare at the men guarding the outer walls, waiting for them to respond.

Thri-Kreen_DK
2006-12-06, 12:00 AM
5 Thri-Kreen remain. They set up a bright red tent near the castle.

Xerillum
2006-12-09, 04:20 PM
A dwarven archmage fires a blast of force at the thi-kreen.

Flabbicus
2006-12-09, 06:08 PM
Good dwarves, cease and desist these shenanigans or Destruction will descend upon your castle.

He holds the scroll menacingly.

Thri-Kreen_DK
2006-12-09, 08:57 PM
The fire blast is negated by the anti-magic field around the tent.

A Thri-Kreen moves out of the field and casts a spell.
Flaming text appears in front of the Dwarven castle:
"You have just performed an unprovoked attack on a peaceful Thri-Kreen Embassy.
You must understand, that we have no choice but to kill all of you.
This means war!"

Renrik
2006-12-10, 05:51 PM
Goblin sappers from the tunnels below the city have finished making a tunnel into the food supply. Two battalions of goblin elite commandos from the mountains pour in to destroy the food source, some engaging the guards while others commence to tear at the ground with sharp tools and spill salt onto it.

-----------

Meanwhile, two portals open up in seperate barracks and armed goblins begin pouring through, attacking the dwarves.

Xerillum
2006-12-11, 05:05 PM
The caves are shut off, as are the barracks. the dwarves retreat to the second wall, and begin firing flaming arrows at the goblins.

Flabbicus
2006-12-11, 09:49 PM
The paladin pulls out another scroll and reads off an Amplify spell.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORDS THAT ARE COMING OUT OF MY MOUTH?

He doesn't seem to mind the battle raging on around him.

Renrik
2006-12-12, 02:02 PM
The goblins (I assume the dwarves in the barracks are dead if the dwarves closed off the barracks. They'd be outnumbered heavily) in the barracks attempt to break down the doors while others return fire from their crossbows.

The goblins in the cave area (again, I assume the dwarves there are probably either overwhelmed or being overwhelmed by the commandos) proceed to gather any food they haven't destroyed and pile it in the center of the room, while one half of them guards the doors. Once this is done, the half that were not guarding the door begin tunneling from the caves out to the walls.

Meanwhile, outside, two hundred volunteers, having hidden in the surrounding countryside, are beginning to assemble outside of bow-range in group of ten. Two of the groups are assembling a pair of small catapults.

Flabbicus
2006-12-12, 08:17 PM
The knight scowls and flags his horse down. He jumps atop it as it is still in motion. He tightens his grip on the hilt of his blade, as he digs his feet into the side of the horse, urging it onward into the town.

Kalbereth
2006-12-12, 08:17 PM
(What follows will have ample time for interruption, so to speed things up, I'm posting full intent. Any complaints or interruptions that would occur will be immediately noted and this post will be edited accordingly)

With a tremendous blast of wondrous trumpets, the entire hundred thousand matte-black soldiers, marching in perfect unison, identical ranks, and precise order surround the entirety of the battlefield, making absolutely certain all of the combatants are inside. It becomes quite obvious their immediate intent is to contain this battle and ensure that it doesn't spread into the surrounding countryside.

EDIT: They look like the picture in the spoiler below, only matte-black instead of silvery-gray. They all also have t-shaped visors in faceplates identical to Markan's, though done with a black plate and grayish visor to match the grayish wood forming their joints. Certain individuals stand out, with different colorations, wearing cloaks, or intricate designs. All of the different varieties designate leaders and special troops, be they artificers, wizards, warlocks, commanders, scouts, cavalry, etc.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/eb_gallery/82093.jpg

Xerillum
2006-12-12, 09:40 PM
the elite Dwarven Guard mans the walls, and fire ballista bolts at the goblins. in the4 keep, Xerillum mounts his dragon, and prepares for liftoff. the dwarven mages magically barricade the doors.

Kalbereth
2006-12-12, 09:41 PM
((Oh, thank you Xerillum, thank you so much...I've been wanting to waste a live dragon for a while...:smalltongue: ))

Xerillum
2006-12-12, 09:51 PM
((there are nine more where that came from! Remember the riots? 10 dragons, and I used them to take the gobbos on!)) the Great Gate of the second wall slams shut. a cacopfony of horns sounds from the castle.

Kalbereth
2006-12-12, 10:16 PM
((I'm waiting on the goblins here, mainly. I don't want to proceed until we clarify that there are no interruptions. Otherwise, prepare for the nastiest swarm of crossbow bolts ever...))

Thri-Kreen_DK
2006-12-12, 11:55 PM
A large force of 40k Thri-Kreen come to aide their goblin friends.

They come on the opposite side of the castle to the undead.
They also send magic messages to the goblins.

"Get above ground. Quickly. Earthquakes are coming soon"

Various mages surround there VERY spreadout soldiers, who march in squads of 10 in a checkered patern, 20ft apart from each other, readying spells to counter anything thing the dwarves send at them at the same time as casting several of their own.

A large wave of fireballs, and several meteors come from the group before a split second later, large walls of force are put around the troups protecting them from any heavy fire.

Penguinizer
2006-12-13, 01:33 AM
A Cloaked halfling like figure appears on one of the towers and examines the battle. contemplating if he should help the dwarves.

Renrik
2006-12-13, 02:17 PM
The goblins in the caves cannot get above ground, so instead, they abandon their small tunnels and retreat into the tunnel they came from, leading back to the town.

The goblins outside take fire from the ballistae, and spread out a bit more, save for the ones working on the catapults, now about halfway complete.

As the dragon takes off, some of the goblins outside obviously recognize it from the riot, and howl out anger, shouting in their native tongue. Some grab bows and begin shooting at it, while others (the shamans and apprentice wizards) fire off spells at the beast.

The goblins in the barracks continue attmpting to bash down the door while others of their number return fire at the dwarves.

Xerillum
2006-12-13, 04:31 PM
Xerillum dodges the blasts, as the dragon breathes fire on the goblins. the door gives way, opening onto the outer courtyard, with no dwarves out there. the only gate deeper into the castle is shut.

Thri-Kreen_DK
2006-12-13, 11:40 PM
The Thri-Kreen mages begin casting spells.

The entire castle begins to shudder as it is enveloped in an earthquake.
The second it stops, a new one begins... and then another.

After 10 earthquakes rock the castle, (hopefully) to the ground, crushing many, many dwarves, the Thri-Kreen soldiers pull out longbows and shower the castle in arrows, while mages try to kill any dragons with chains of spells, (the types of energy that actually affects whatever coloured dragon it is.) while more remain to conterspell the dwarves archmages.

Renrik
2006-12-14, 01:41 PM
The goblins hit by the fire fall, most dead, some wounded. The GSA medics do what they can to evacuate and treat them (which is,m admittedly, not much).

The goblins assembling the two catapults have finished doing so, and are preparing to fire.

The goblins in the barracks (lead by Ganclaw, the GSA advisor), having bashed down the door, pour into the courtyard, taking up positions and looking about for archers, aiming towards the windows with bows and crossbows. Others look around for something to use as a battering ram to get into the inner castle.

Reptilus
2006-12-15, 06:38 PM
Using a shamanic totem of smoke form, John Gibson Foster disguises himself among the fog of war enough to break the blockade of leonal and arrive amidst the Goblin command.
"You need an extra gun-arm for anything? Storming that castle anytime soon? I'll lead the way, they'll be damn lucky if they have any weapons that can hurt me."

The Unit
2006-12-15, 06:42 PM
Two riders can be seen watching the armies well out of bow range. They ride off.

AmberVael
2006-12-15, 10:13 PM
Verdandi flies overhead, contemplating the scene. She puts her gun in her belt and flies to a nearby hill. She kneels, drawing her sword and placing it in front of her. The white winged valkyrie begins to chant softly, runes flashing into the air around her of their own accord.

The Unit
2006-12-15, 10:17 PM
Vera might notice a figure watching the fight dressed in much the same manner as the two people she just talked to at the station. If she isn't to distracted by whatever she is doing.

AmberVael
2006-12-15, 10:20 PM
Verdandi spies the figure and plants her sword in the ground, leaving the runes intact in the air. She flies over to the person.

The Unit
2006-12-15, 10:22 PM
The man sees Vera flying at him and he seems to curse under his breath. He starts to run but quickly sees the speed she is flying at and pulls out a sword instead.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-15, 10:24 PM
Secret Agent Stick Omega arrives at the battle scene.
((the npc desk cop told him about this battle))
He activate his E-Razor laser swords, and his E-Razor handguns are combined with the swords. The guns disappear into the laser blades.
The lasers glow brighter and bluer, and the agent's clothing transforms into thick, full body armor, excluding his head.
He gains the ability to fly in the air, and as he moves in for the attack, he notices Verdandi. He moves into hearing range.
Hey, officer? Which side do we fight for?

AmberVael
2006-12-15, 10:25 PM
Verdandi lands in front of the uniformed man and nods. Hello there. Can you tell me what has been happening in the battle?

The Unit
2006-12-15, 10:28 PM
The young man holds the sword in front of him ready for an attack. "Hello? Well I don't rightly know. I've just been watching them to make sure they don't make any sudden moves. But it seems like everyone is laying siege to them there dwarfs."

AmberVael
2006-12-15, 10:29 PM
Verdandi nods, thinking over it. Do you know where the commanders are at?

The Unit
2006-12-15, 10:34 PM
"Um...Lily is going to kill me. Well I think the dwarf leader is riding the dragon. If that ain't him I bet he is in the castle somewhere. It seems like the goblins tunneled under the walls so their leader is probably down there. And," He points in the general area where Mark would be, "is my best bet for where the leader of those metal men is."

AmberVael
2006-12-15, 10:37 PM
Verdandi looks over it all again. Who has been the most successful in the fight so far?

Lord Magtok
2006-12-15, 10:38 PM
Umm, Verdandi? Hi, I got my guns back from Reptilus. Which side's evil and which side is good?

The Unit
2006-12-15, 10:41 PM
"Well I just started watching a few hours ago, but it seems to me that the dwarfs are alone in this fight. And the walls have been breached once, which is never a good thing. So I would say all the things fighting the dwarfs are winning. Oh and I forgot about those bug things. Honestly I don't know where there leader is."

Lord Magtok
2006-12-15, 10:44 PM
The losing side isn't neccesarily the most just and noble side.

AmberVael
2006-12-15, 10:45 PM
Verdandi gives Omega a disgusted look. Who ever said any of them were evil? We are going to stop this fight.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-15, 10:48 PM
Ah. My apologies. I fought an evil dictator in a decade long war back at home. Usually the only options were fight for justice, or fight for evil.

The Unit
2006-12-15, 10:48 PM
"Your going to stop this?"

AmberVael
2006-12-15, 10:52 PM
Verdandi nods to the man. If we can.

The Unit
2006-12-15, 10:53 PM
The man looks at her like she is crazy. "Um if you don't mind me asking, how?"

Lord Magtok
2006-12-15, 10:54 PM
Maybe we should organize a meeting between all the leaders.

He adds hastily:
With a way to prevent them from killing each other, though.

AmberVael
2006-12-15, 10:54 PM
No idea. I will figure out as I go along. I think I will talk to the commanders first, just to get an idea of what is happening.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-15, 10:58 PM
Your idea first?

The Unit
2006-12-15, 10:58 PM
"Well my lady I wish you the best of luck. But my commander will want to hear about this. So I'll take my leave. Ok?"

AmberVael
2006-12-15, 10:59 PM
Your commander is Lily, correct?

The Unit
2006-12-15, 11:00 PM
The man snaps back into his defensive stance again. "How'd you know that?"

AmberVael
2006-12-15, 11:03 PM
I met Dante and Jasmine at the Town Police Station. I am Senior Officer Verdandi.

The Unit
2006-12-15, 11:04 PM
"Oh. Is Dante ok then? Did they get him to a healer?" He steps out of his defensive stance.

AmberVael
2006-12-15, 11:06 PM
Dante appeared well when I met him. Verdandi looks back at her sword on the nearby hill.

The Unit
2006-12-15, 11:08 PM
"Well that is good then. You must have some mighty powerful healers in that there town. But I should go report to Lily." He whistles and a war horse that has been standing a ways of ways trots over and he swings into the saddle. "Good luck." He gallops off.

AmberVael
2006-12-15, 11:09 PM
Verdandi nods and goes back over to her sword and scribes a protective ward around it.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-15, 11:15 PM
What do we do first? The guy on a dragon might cause harm if not stopped soon.

AmberVael
2006-12-15, 11:20 PM
Verdandi nods. I will try and speak to him should he ever land and stop fighting. Otherwise I think it would be too dangerous to attempt to speak to him. In the meantime we should concentrate on finding the leaders of the others. I think I will try and locate the leader of that group of metal men. I would advise you speak to the leader of the insectmen. Those two groups seem to be quite effective.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-15, 11:26 PM
Ok, then.
((Insect people...Tri-Keen?))
SAS Omega flies off towards the insectoid army.

AmberVael
2006-12-15, 11:28 PM
((Yes, but Verdandi does not know what they are.))
Verdandi flies towards the Warforged and Markan.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-15, 11:31 PM
((We wait for them to log back in tomorrow?))

AmberVael
2006-12-15, 11:32 PM
((Or whenever they show. Who knows when they will.))

Lord Magtok
2006-12-15, 11:39 PM
((I'm off to the other threads, then.))

Thri-Kreen_DK
2006-12-16, 04:43 AM
Several Thri-Kreen notice the meeting of a group of renowned town authoritarians. After some brief disturbance in their ranks, a Thri-Kreen soldier teleports in front of them. His chiten is black, which is very unusual for Thri-Kreen and pronounces he is of an under-plane breed.
He is covered in runes, painted in what could be blood, but doesn't have the right smell, and it glitters and shimmers in the light.
He begins to speak to the group,
"You wonder about the battle nay?" he pronounces with a gutteral accent, "I shall explain the minor details to you:
about a month ago, a dwarven army appeared out of nowhere. The first thing they did was march on the goblins territory and attempt to attack them. Completely unprovoked and without discernilbe reason.
The dwarves were thrashed by the goblins, who after they managed to gain guard again, easily outnumbered them.
At this same time, the goblins were negotiating with us to trade for silks and food in return for other services.
About a week and a bit ago, this massive Dwarven army of Two-Hunded THOUSAND appeared! They began raids on the goblins at once killing many of them.
I sent an embassy to the dwarves, and asked them if they wished to trade, and requested them to stop attacking our allies, the goblins.
Not only were we completely rejected, and told that the dwarves were attacking them because "thats just what dwarves did, they always killed the goblins," but when a small group of unarmed civillians set up tents outside the castle, to act as ambassadors, they were fired upon by dwarven arch mages!
The insult was unbearable. We were forced to attack the dwarves, for the sake of our goblin allies, and just to rid the world of a group, completely bent on the genocide of all that is not dwarven."

Penguinizer
2006-12-16, 04:53 AM
George ((who was standing at the top of the castle)) appears.

That is un-acceptable. He says.

Thri-Kreen_DK
2006-12-16, 04:57 AM
(This is one of those times where I just wish I could say:
A very large, very angry looking tarrasque appears. It eats the dwarves adn their castle before opening its wings and flying away. )

Kalbereth
2006-12-16, 09:16 AM
((Ok, Markan's floating in midair about 100 feet off the ground over the lines of warforged. they're spread out in a massive blockade around the castle, to prevent the battle spilling over. They have not entered combat yet.))

Markan salutes Vera as she approaches, muttering under his breath about sticks in uncomfortable places. ((Wait...Vera is a paladin of some sort, isn't she? And also, back later to deal with this. Sorry.))

Lord Magtok
2006-12-16, 10:24 AM
So the dwarves are attempting to exterminate goblins? How can you justify exterminating their race with your own attempts of genocide? Sure, it sounnds like they have done wrong, but killing will only result in more killing. There must be a peaceful solution!
He then adds:
Personally, I fought a decade long war back at home. I know form experience war is heck.
((substitute heck for the "other word" if you wish))

Reptilus
2006-12-16, 10:56 AM
"From what I've managed to figure out, at least three people have tried to get the Dwarves to stand down from unprovoked attacks and they won't do it. So, now we're invading that castle and crushing their military force. It's not genocide, we're damaging their force until it can't fight effectively any longer because peaceful ways already failed," Foster explains, speaking for his own reasons on joining the Goblin army to the Goblins as well as SAS, if SAS is listening to him. ((I have no idea where the leaders are in the scheme of this map, so I'm just assuming all the leaders of the Anti-Dwarven alliance are close-knit.))

Lord Magtok
2006-12-16, 11:05 AM
SAS Omega is still skeptical.
Did the peaceful ways involve making demands, or making peace?

Reptilus
2006-12-16, 11:14 AM
"Probably a bit of both," Foster shrugs, "People tend to like to see genocidal war criminals guilty of random assaults upon and atrocities against sentient beings pay in at least some small way for their crimes."

Lord Magtok
2006-12-16, 11:57 AM
Shouldn't they "pay for their crimes" after they've been moved towards peace? Did the demands target individuals, or the entire race? There are peaceful dwarves, I'm sure.

Reptilus
2006-12-16, 12:14 PM
"Dwarves in this military force, to my understanding," Foster says, "Were to repay the Undead they assaulted in corpses for the mindless undead lost and give the goblins whatever payment was necessary to compensate their losses. Dwarves from this force were banned from entering the slums, as such an action would be considered an act of war by their military force. The treaty would be broken if any Dwarf from this force hurt a Goblin unless it was self-defense and such. A little unfair to the dwarves, maybe, but they did attack three different nations out of nowhere; saying their presence in the Slums indicates war is hardly unreasonable and sure as hell isn't unbased. Paying for war damages is normal for the ones who attacked with no reason, I think. Was where I come from, anyhow."

Flabbicus
2006-12-16, 12:25 PM
Olbrecht Corvus, the Knight Errant (http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/gifs/paladinguy7.gif) urges his steed back towards the Dwarven Citadel. He stares at the battle raging bellow, but his attention is diverted by the sight of Veradandi. He scowls as his mount trots over to the small group. He eyes the energy blades warily but stands his ground.

Surely there are peaceful dwarves, but none are here. They have attacked several envoys unprovoked, and ignored my offer of taking them to court to solve their differences in favor of wanton slaughter.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-16, 12:35 PM
Perhaps they can be agggresively, but nonviolently, be moved towards peace?

Reptilus
2006-12-16, 02:14 PM
"There are superior numbers outside their castle with tactical advantage and each troop is the same or more powerful than its dwarf counterpart. One of the armies against 'em hasn't even come yet. They're doomed. If they were going to find a peaceful solution after a show of force without violence, I think this counts, and they didn't. Most people would've surrendered and they refused to even negotiate at all. I don't know what you've got up your sleeve, but chances don't look great."

Penguinizer
2006-12-16, 02:26 PM
What I have in mind is to somehow remove the last shred of their protection. Somehow teleporting their castle away for instance. Forcing them to negotiate.

says George after listening for some time.

Reptilus
2006-12-16, 02:28 PM
"Dont' know much about magic, but teleporting a castle without what's inside it seems awful hard."

Penguinizer
2006-12-16, 02:32 PM
There arent too many things magic cant solve.

((The spell I had in mind was teleport object, can teleport any non-living and non-magical object))

Reptilus
2006-12-16, 02:34 PM
((The castle's probably magical in some way, I'd think, but that would work. Foster's from "the future," he knows nothing about this world's magic.))

Penguinizer
2006-12-16, 02:36 PM
((http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/spellsTtoZ.html#teleport-object <-- spell description, and it apparently was magical forces))

Reptilus
2006-12-16, 02:44 PM
((A caster level of several hundred would be required to teleport the weight, too. Although several casters together or that one mummy guy could do it.))

Lord Magtok
2006-12-16, 02:45 PM
Wouldn't the dwarves inside fall to their deaths if they were of high elevation?

Penguinizer
2006-12-16, 02:46 PM
Ah yes, I forgot about that. What about teleporting away the outer walls.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-16, 02:54 PM
It might work. This may seem evil, overly aggressive and dangerous, but what if the dwarves' leader(s) were captured and forced to officially make peace with everyone?

Reptilus
2006-12-16, 02:59 PM
"I could see it working if we could be sure it'd last. I mean, who's to say that the instant we let them go they won't just turn their troops back on us? Some kinda insurance or something would be nice."

((OOC: I'm thinking of something that starts with Chain and ends with Contingency. If they break the vow, they and all their soldiers instantly die with no chance of resurrection, undispellable. Something like that.))

Penguinizer
2006-12-16, 03:02 PM
((Cont-whatever it is with Mass Frog.(turns all medium creatures around into frogs)))

Reptilus
2006-12-16, 03:03 PM
((Someone suggest it IC. Foster's a Shadowrun character. HE doesn't know what Chain Cont. is))

Penguinizer
2006-12-16, 03:05 PM
What about using a supressed spell or ritual that would somehow demolish their army if they betrayed us.

((Lets use Mass Frog for humorous effect :P))

Lord Magtok
2006-12-16, 03:07 PM
A massive death thing would be evil. How about a instant warp into the police station's cells?

Penguinizer
2006-12-16, 03:12 PM
The ritual Mass Frog only polymorphs them into frogs, they can then be turned back to normal.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-16, 03:17 PM
Someone might go randomly stepping on the frogs. Maybe freezing them in their position?

Penguinizer
2006-12-16, 03:24 PM
That would probably work aswell.

((http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/spellsHtoL.html#imprisonment What about this spell))

Reptilus
2006-12-16, 03:29 PM
((Imprisonment would be good, although we'd have to be sure to block Freedom.))

Xerillum
2006-12-16, 03:54 PM
((sorry, been sick, hence my erratic posting schedule.)) the dwarves fire off offensive spells, as a halfling raises a staff topped with a ruby on the keep. Tempus Decelero! all but the leaders and the priest look like they are suspended in time, but they are actually moving so slowly, nobody can tell. Xerillum lands at the keep. I would like to call a peace treaty meeting.

Reptilus
2006-12-16, 04:09 PM
"It's about damn time you got some sense," Foster snorts.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-16, 05:07 PM
((SAS Omega is no leader, so he's fine, right?))
If so, he flies over to the dwarf.
Who's to attend?

Xerillum
2006-12-16, 07:10 PM
((only th common ground troops are affected, so the generals, and the PCs are safe, and I doubt a person gave their entire army pc-hood.))

All the leaders of the opposing forces.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-16, 07:30 PM
I don't fit that description, but perhaps it would be best if a certain police officer...
(gestures in Verdandi's direction, wherever she is.)
...and I attend. Mostly to prevent any attempt at assassination of one leader by another.

Xerillum
2006-12-16, 07:58 PM
It would not be possible. for you are frozen in time, just moving slowly. Any violence will be stopped.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-16, 08:31 PM
((What? Didn't you say the generals and PCs are safe from the effect?))

Thri-Kreen_DK
2006-12-16, 11:37 PM
"From what I've managed to figure out, at least three people have tried to get the Dwarves to stand down from unprovoked attacks and they won't do it. So, now we're invading that castle and crushing their military force. It's not genocide, we're damaging their force until it can't fight effectively any longer because peaceful ways already failed," Foster explains, speaking for his own reasons on joining the Goblin army to the Goblins as well as SAS, if SAS is listening to him. ((I have no idea where the leaders are in the scheme of this map, so I'm just assuming all the leaders of the Anti-Dwarven alliance are close-knit.))

(Yeah, they're close nit, enough. Or at leat the Goblins and Thri-Kreen are.)

Thri-Kreen_DK
2006-12-17, 12:01 AM
Deamundus dispells the magical effect with a quick casting of Mortekiens Disjunction.
"There will be no need fo any of this!" He glares menacingly at the Dwarven leader, "Who knows what else this spell does as we quietly chit-chat away. A waste, nether the less."
Deamundus steps away, turning his back to the Dwarf.
He suddenly turns around, flinging a force cage around the dwarf,
"And you will negotiate on MY terms:
My people will be paid 3,000,000gp in money and suitable goods to compensate for the losses we have gained from the war and to purchase my goodwill. Fail to raise that sum before two weeks from now and you shall see what remains of your pitiful army destroyed and you yourself will be cast inot a sphere of annihilation," Deamundus pauses, "And don't think that any will intervene."
He turns to the authoritarians, "and no, you shall not intervene, for if you are to say, 'you and what army will stop us,' I need only point out to that feild."
Turning back to Xerilium, "The goblins will take alot more than 3 million gp for you have damaged them alot more than us, and you hold no right to the corpses of your fellows any more. They belong to the undead now.

Command your troups from within your new cell to raise the white flag now.
You have waited too long to stop. There will not be "peace terms," but only surrender terms and repayment for the bother to put you back into your place."

Lord Magtok
2006-12-17, 12:07 AM
Whatever. I'm only a deputy. I'll leave this mess of a situation for Iames, and Verdandi.
SAS Omega flies off.

Penguinizer
2006-12-17, 02:15 AM
Killing is not the answer here. In killing them, you would only become like them.

Thri-Kreen_DK
2006-12-17, 05:45 AM
"Actually no, because we arent killing for the sake of killing.
We would be killing in self defence.
We would prefer peace, but if we must slaughter them ruthelessly to ensure our survival, then we will. They have killed us, or at least tried to, when allying would be far more beneficial for them, so in these circumstances, the same solution doesn't mean the same approach, or type of person to that matter.
(Besides, what you said is so cliche and we have to be original don't we?)"

Penguinizer
2006-12-17, 06:17 AM
((I like being cliche at times :P))

Xerillum
2006-12-17, 09:09 AM
The priest dispels the forcecage. the armies are still frozen. This is not a surrender. this is a peace treaty. we will pay half the gold, but not the corpses. As you can see, your army is useless for as long as the terms are discussed.

AmberVael
2006-12-17, 11:49 AM
((Ok, Markan's floating in midair about 100 feet off the ground over the lines of warforged. they're spread out in a massive blockade around the castle, to prevent the battle spilling over. They have not entered combat yet.))

Markan salutes Vera as she approaches, muttering under his breath about sticks in uncomfortable places. ((Wait...Vera is a paladin of some sort, isn't she? And also, back later to deal with this. Sorry.))
((Verdandi is a Paladin/Kensai. How Markan would know this is uncertain.))
Verdandi flies over to Markan with her usual speed. Are you the commander of these forces? She gestures to the warforged.

Rainspattered
2006-12-17, 11:55 AM
"Mine, dear Dwarf, are not," K'shakh growls, standing in the midst of the field with the undead's mindless army surrounding him. In unison, they shamble a step closer to the mummified serpent-creature. "Even if they were, I alone hold more than enough power to slay your entire army, and you don't have enough to cause me pain any longer. You will pay the full sum or see yourself annihilated. Besides myself and this force of thousands, Aercath and all the sentient mages sit around a slightly altered Scrying pool; one through which spells may be cast. The moment you move to attack any of us, your castle will be turned to mud and riddled with fireballs from mages you cannot combat, materializing precisely where they are intended to impact, giving you no time to counterspell.
"In addition, I have no great aversion to teleporting away all allied armies and creating a negative energy vortex once more. I will, this time, maintain it if you attempt to counter, and you know what would happen when the vortices intersected, I assume? I would be the only one to survive. I would release me from my curse and I would see my friends avenged. It is a sign of my mercy you even are allowed a chance to meet another fate. Is that understood, worm?"

Reptilus
2006-12-17, 01:57 PM
"Well, ain't that something," Foster snorts, "You warmongering sons of bitches might be held responsible for something you do! Imagine that, consequences to your actions!"

Xerillum
2006-12-17, 02:26 PM
The priest snaps his fingers, and five guards stand next to Foster. If I were you, I'd cut down on the sarcasm. We will pay the full sum to the undead if they leave now. The Goblins haven't given any terms as of now, so I am waiting on them.

Reptilus
2006-12-17, 02:38 PM
"So all the armies but your guards got time-stopped. Sorry about keeping up with the sarcasm, but somewhere along the line, I think that's unfair. I'd advise the undead not to leave until everybody's demands are met, just to be sure we don't get any more surprises about who you didn't really freeze, huh?" Foster says, hands on his guns in his pockets, in case he has to defend himself for his sarcastic remarks.

Xerillum
2006-12-17, 02:42 PM
No, our priest unfroze them. Do not draw your weapons. We will do no harm to anyone during this conference.

Reptilus
2006-12-17, 02:45 PM
"That's why you unfroze those guys, so they would not do harm to anyone? Explains the way you threatened me, too. I'm just saying, this peace conference is getting to look fishier and fishier."

Xerillum
2006-12-17, 02:55 PM
Fine. the priest snaps his fingers, and the guards are frozen. Happy now? Where ARE those goblins?

Xerillum
2006-12-17, 03:29 PM
A barbed arrow flies from a distant bluff, piercing Tor's heart. he falls, dead. Xerillum runs over. Tor! he pulls out the arrow, and poison drips from it. This was a dwarf.

Reptilus
2006-12-17, 03:42 PM
"I guess even the most unfriendly of peace talks is too friendly for some among your armies. As somebody with no real stake in the discussion, you want me to find who did this and bring him to you while you can stay for the rest of the peace discussions?"

The Unit
2006-12-17, 03:45 PM
Three riders can be seen riding at full speed toward the frozen armies. They are riding so close that they seem to be almost touching. You can see that the two on the outside have swords drawn.

Xerillum
2006-12-17, 03:52 PM
No. I had my doubts about who was giving the orders, pulling the strings. now it's all making sense... Tor was recieving orders from the Dwarven Council. The majority may have been compromised by an outside group. He didn't want to do this, but he did it on the orders of the council. If the council was compromised, then the war was ordered by an outside source. when Tor called a peace treaty, he was assasinated. The only group with the qualifications is the mob, but they have an alliance with the goblins. So, it was the splinter off of the mob that did this.

Reptilus
2006-12-17, 03:54 PM
"Where can I find them? I'll take care of them, at least hold them where they are, until you're all done with the treaty."

Xerillum
2006-12-17, 03:56 PM
they are in the woods, under the name the Other Mob. they have around twenty vigilantes, and their leader can turn into a dog, so watch for him.

The Unit
2006-12-17, 03:57 PM
The riders start riding towards the people that aren't unfrozen.

Reptilus
2006-12-17, 03:58 PM
"Got it, watch out for dogs. I can hold even against twenty wel larmed men for a long time, so don't rush negotiations."

Xerillum
2006-12-17, 04:00 PM
they stand like statues.

The Unit
2006-12-17, 04:08 PM
As the riders close on the unfrozen people you can see that one of them has a arrow in her shoulder. They continue to get closer to the group. They reach the group of people, I have some info you might like. The women with the arrow in her shoulder says.

Xerillum
2006-12-17, 04:11 PM
What is it?

The Unit
2006-12-17, 04:14 PM
Apparently this dwarven army is under the control of some splinter group. Something about a splinter mob. Some dwarves were telling me this when people started shoting arrows at us. Killing the dwarves.

Xerillum
2006-12-17, 04:19 PM
Yes. I came to that conclusion when Tor was shot.

The Unit
2006-12-17, 04:20 PM
Right, well than we're off. They ride away.

Renrik
2006-12-17, 07:29 PM
((Sorry I haven't been on in a while. The computer at home is a bit slow, so I tend to use the ones at school or at the library, but haven't had access to those lately.))

The GSA will agree to the terms of the treaty proposed by the Thri-Kreen leadership. A cease to hostilities in exchange for restitution and the banning of dwarven soldiers from the slums.

Thri-Kreen_DK
2006-12-18, 03:55 PM
"Ha! I do not believe him!
This is another one of his setups to attempt to bail from this situation!
And killing your own men aswell!
But you lied didn't you," Deamundus says scathingly, " You said it froze everyone! Well apparently we still arn't safe when trying to talk peace with you. I there-fore raise my demands, to 4 million. Each."

Flabbicus
2006-12-18, 04:04 PM
Seems like you all have the insanity under complete control.

He walks back to his horse, climbs atop it, and rides away from the castle.

Kalbereth
2006-12-18, 09:35 PM
((Whew, sorry Verdandi. Gone all weekend. And he doesn't, I was curious as a player. He was more referring to the brief encounter he had while in prison...or at least, I believe it was there. He met her somewhere...))

"I am. And I am seeking to prevent further bloodshed, by keeping the combatants contained. Should an irreperable situation occur, I am also prepared to send them in to utterly annihilate these genocidal dwarven soldiers, to prevent further wars from damaging the fragile peace of the Town. It seemed that the Gufipolice did not have the necessary force to persuade the dwarves against their course, so I stepped in to help. Is this a problem, ma'am?"

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 10:10 PM
Verdandi gives a relieved smile. Not at all, I am most appreciative of the help. I am Senior Officer Verdandi. It may be a futile effort, but I am going to try and stop this.

Kalbereth
2006-12-18, 10:25 PM
"Then it seems we are in agreement on this," he says. "I will notify the troops that you are to be let through the barricade if necessary. Is there anything else you require?"

The Unit
2006-12-18, 10:28 PM
Kalbereth may notice a lone horse man watching the armies from a distance.

Kalbereth
2006-12-18, 10:31 PM
((Probably, considering the magic lens of his mask that's like super-binoculars and his 200-300 foot altitude viewing point. Thanks for the note))

The Unit
2006-12-18, 10:31 PM
((No problem))

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 10:33 PM
Verdandi thinks and shakes her head. If you would like to come by the station after this is over, I am sure we can find some way to show our gratitude, whether it be monetarily or in another fashion.

Kalbereth
2006-12-18, 10:38 PM
Markan grins behind his mask. "Money is not something I am in need of. I will come by the station, but you'll never need to thank me for what I do to help the people here. It's just who I am."

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 10:41 PM
It is a thankless job, as I well know. We will think of something we can do for you. She gives a brief salute and flies off towards the meeting of the leaders.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-18, 10:44 PM
Iames appears near where Vera was standing, sees her flying off, and teleports next to her activating his psionic flight abilities before he can fall. Hello, Vera. Can you brief me on the situation?

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 10:47 PM
Apparently it is an all out war against the dwarves. I am unsure of what is going on, but they have called a meeting in order to try and reach a truce. We are heading towards the leaders of the armies now.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-18, 10:50 PM
Iames nods. Very well. What role are you playing in the meeting?

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 10:52 PM
The role of the crazy valkyrie trying to get people to shut up and stop fighting? Verdandi mutters under her breath.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-18, 10:59 PM
Iames smiles. I see. I suppose I'll just have to stay in the background, then.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 11:03 PM
Verdandi smiles fondly at him. I am sure we will find some use for you.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-18, 11:05 PM
Iames laughs. I'm sure you will.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 11:09 PM
Verdandi stops and lands just in front of the group of leaders arguing over the terms of the treaty. Well, what should we try and do?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-18, 11:16 PM
Iames lands next to her. Second, we find out what the terms of the truce are. Third, if we think they're fair, we encourage both sides to agree to them. If we don't think they're fair, we come up with changes that we think are fair and propose them. Fourth, we repeat the 3rd step until all sides are more or less satisfied. Fifth, the truce gets agreed to, posibly signed, and we can go home.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 11:21 PM
Verdandi smiles at him. You forgot the first step.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-18, 11:25 PM
Iames smiles back. This is the first part. He takes her in his arms and kisses her.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 11:27 PM
Verdandi puts her arms around him and kisses him back. Maybe you could leave an avatar to deal with it.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-18, 11:37 PM
Iames shakes his head. I'd rather be here myself. I mean, avatars are just... slightly different.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 11:39 PM
Well- if you want- its okay. Verdandi holds him tightly.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-18, 11:45 PM
Iames holds her tightly as well.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 11:48 PM
I am not sure I want to do this now.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-18, 11:53 PM
Iames takes a half-step back. Why? Is it because I'm here?

Thri-Kreen_DK
2006-12-18, 11:54 PM
Deamundus looks quissically at the couple. He wonders about humans alot more.

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 11:55 PM
Verdandi nods very slightly.

Thri-Kreen_DK
2006-12-18, 11:56 PM
A generic goblin from the army yells out, "GET A ROOM!"

AmberVael
2006-12-18, 11:59 PM
((Too bad the armies are frozen.))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-19, 12:03 AM
Then I'll trust your judgement and abilities. I really only wanted to check up on you. That sounds silly, but... He shrugs. May fate favor you, Vera. He gives her one more quick kiss.

AmberVael
2006-12-19, 12:05 AM
No- Iames- I didn't- I don't- don't go. Please.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-19, 12:13 AM
Iames looks confused. But I thought that my presence was making you nervous or something?

AmberVael
2006-12-19, 12:19 AM
I- its nothing. Just stay with me, Iames?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-19, 12:22 AM
Iames nods, still looking a little confused. Of course, if you want me to. Shall we join the others at the negotiation table?

AmberVael
2006-12-19, 12:24 AM
Verdandi nods and pulls away from him, taking one of his hands.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-19, 12:27 AM
Iames smiles and squeezes her hand reassuringly as they walk.

AmberVael
2006-12-19, 12:28 AM
Eventually they reach the negotiations and find everyone who is offline. Verdandi joins them in negotiations, and in being offline.
((Night.))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-19, 12:32 AM
((I'm calling it a night as well.))

Renrik
2006-12-19, 01:50 PM
The have the following demand: They want 3,500,000 gold peices, an act banning dwarven soldiers from entering the slums of the Town, and a cease to hostilities in and around the Town.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-19, 01:59 PM
Why do you want the 3.5 million gold?

Renrik
2006-12-19, 02:02 PM
Redfang (one of the generals of the GSA and the brother of Deadeye, the now-deceased founder.) replies:

We need to repair the damages done to our homes and our communities, as well as to provide some amount of economic backup for the families in our community who have lost sons in this war. We also intend to use the money to create some public works, offering safe places in the slums and jobs for those building them.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-19, 02:23 PM
Iames nods. That sounds reasonable to me. What do the dwarves want?

Reptilus
2006-12-19, 07:08 PM
((I think "not being wiped of the face of the earth," is what they're looking to negotiate up to at these meetings.))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-19, 10:21 PM
((Well, whoever is playing the dwarvesmight want to post that IC.))

Thri-Kreen_DK
2006-12-19, 11:41 PM
((I think "not being wiped of the face of the earth," is what they're looking to negotiate up to at these meetings.))
(Good call!)

Kalbereth
2006-12-21, 07:57 AM
((Really? Aww...that's what I was hoping to do...))

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-21, 12:25 PM
Iames turns to Vera. Let's go back into Town. I'll leave an avatar here for when the dwarves finally get their act together and decide what they want, but there's no reason for us to stay here. Especially not if they're going to be this rude to the other negotiating parties.

AmberVael
2006-12-21, 12:27 PM
Verdandi nods. I will need to get my sword. She points to the hill where she left it at.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-21, 12:31 PM
No problem. ((Is the hill within easy walking distance?))

AmberVael
2006-12-21, 12:33 PM
((No. It is fairly far away.))
Verdandi smiles and takes to the air, winging her way to her sword which is still surrounded by the runes she had scribed.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-21, 12:38 PM
Iames waits for Vera to come back. While he does, he turns to the goblin delegates and says, You may want to increase your demands, to make the point that it's not very nice to hold up truce negotiations.

AmberVael
2006-12-21, 12:41 PM
Verdandi pulls her sword out of the ground and considers what she should do about the enchantment she had set up. With hesitation she draws her sword through the glowing runes and absorbs the magic into it, then draws some into herself. The valkyrie trembles slightly as she does this, but slowly relaxes and makes her way back to Iames.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-21, 12:45 PM
When Vera reaches him, Iames smiles. Shall we go by air, or teleport?

AmberVael
2006-12-21, 12:49 PM
Whichever pleases you, Iames. Verdandi sheathes her sword and takes his arm.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-21, 12:52 PM
Air. It'll give us time to decide where exactly we want to end up. He smiles.

AmberVael
2006-12-21, 12:54 PM
Verdandi nods in agreement and smiles a little as she thinks about picking him up and flying off. She lets go of his arm and spreads her wings.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-21, 01:01 PM
Iames steps away to give her room for her wings and rises from the ground.

AmberVael
2006-12-21, 01:03 PM
Verdandi starts to fly towards Town at a speed that Iames can match.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-21, 01:14 PM
Iames accompanies her. You know, I feel kind of bad, slowing you down like this. Let's see if I can... Iames speeds up a little, and he grins. This should speed things up a bit. So, where to?

AmberVael
2006-12-21, 01:16 PM
We should probably check at the station and get on the job. There are a number of things that need to be done.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-21, 01:23 PM
Iames nods. I had Godric make up an index of all our current cases to help ease things along.

AmberVael
2006-12-21, 01:29 PM
That will be nice. Verdandi turns towards the station.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-21, 01:31 PM
Iames follows.

AmberVael
2006-12-21, 01:32 PM
Is there anything you want to do?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-21, 01:38 PM
Iames thinks. No, not really. He sighs. There really isn't much to do for pleasure around here, is there?

AmberVael
2006-12-21, 01:39 PM
Verdandi shakes her head and flies down to land in the streets.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-21, 01:45 PM
Iames follows.

Xerillum
2006-12-22, 03:14 PM
I accecpt your terms. being the temporary general, I can. We have twenty million gold pieces, and I accept your terms for the banning of dwarves from the slums and surrounding areas. I would also agree to the end of hostilities. The dwarven castle's standing army will be reduced to 150 career soldiers. The blockade of goblin ships wil end.
He signs a copy of the treaty that magically appears. ((Computer was broken.))

Renrik
2006-12-22, 05:42 PM
The goblin leaders sign the treaty.

Redfang steps forward and extends his hand to shake on the agreement.

Xerillum
2006-12-29, 12:41 PM
Xerillum shakes his hand. the armies are unfrozen, and the dwarves step down.

Kalbereth
2006-12-29, 01:02 PM
Seeing the debate resolved, Markan orders his troops out, and they march off the field. He conjures another portal, and they return from whence they came. Markan 'ports away.

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-30, 03:04 PM
Daedrous stares at the battlefield after walking from distant mountains.

Rainspattered
2007-01-02, 10:35 PM
"These are yours," K'shakh says, telepathically lifting the dwarven corpses and returning them to the dwarfs. "We will find five hundred more dead, in time, and mindless undead are easy to replace. Honour your fallen comrades, and let there be no ill will between our people. Your corpses are yours again. We relinquish any financial demands we may have made. Let the fences be as easily mended as the walls of our castles seem to be."

Xerillum
2007-01-05, 04:02 PM
A large army of dwarves marches away, as laborers fill the walls and rebuild towers and gates. A large silver inlay goes into the main gate, reading "Federal Reserve Bank of the Town." all barracks are being converted into vaults.