PDA

View Full Version : Playable fey eladrin to replace elves: The Eladrin of Isitu [3.5 races]

4th number
2013-05-31, 06:12 AM
I'm making some Eladrin player races for a campaign that's gonna be full of 'em. I'd love feedback on the mechanics.

Here's the setting they'll be a part of. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15340963)

They're all of type Fey(Eladrin). Eladrin don't have a lot of distinctiveness in 3.5 outside of maybe Forgotten Realms, so I'll be be stealing from AD&D Monstrous Companion Appendix II for fluff instead.

I'm aiming for a fair bit better than the core races, maybe around or below Pathfinder race power level.

Shiere Eladrin

Medium, 30ft movement
+2 Str
+2 Cha
Tongues
Darkvision
+4 to all saves vs cold, fire, electricity
+1 deflection bonus to AC per 3 levels

Coure Eladrin

Small, 20ft movement
-2 Str
-2 Con
+2 Dex
+2 Cha
Tongues
Darkvision
1/day per 3 levels, transform into any Diminutive animal for up to an hour

Ghaele Eladrin

Medium, 30ft movement
-2 Str
+2 Int
+2 Cha
Tongues
Darkvision
+2 to saves vs cold, fire, electricity
+2 to Spellcraft, Knowledge(Arcana) and (Religion)
1/day per 3 levels, deal 1d6 unavoidable damage per character level to a single target

Eldan
2013-05-31, 07:28 AM
If you are using second Edition fluff, shouldn't they be Outsiders? And veiled, when on the prime?

These seem more like a Kind of Sidhe to me.

4th number
2013-05-31, 07:34 AM
If you are using second Edition fluff, shouldn't they be Outsiders? And veiled, when on the prime?

These seem more like a Kind of Sidhe to me.

They're going to be native to this plane, so I'm skipping the outsider bit and making them fey.

I'm holding off on lore until I find my book, which will be shortly, but I'm going to keep and discard as I please.