PDA

View Full Version : Spellbook: Atner the blasphemous

inuyasha
2013-06-09, 09:39 PM
Similar to my spellbook contest (but not quite) I will be making sets of spells, this one is by Atner the blasphemous. Enjoy, and keep an eye out for more

Fluff
Atner was an ancient lich, who was once a beloved half elven boy, when tragedy struck him and his family, he descended into darkness, and became a necromancer who created many spells, most of which have been recorded, and slightly changed to allow more types of magic users to cast them.

Spells
Atner's Black Rain
Necromancy [Evil]
Level: Sor/Wiz 7 Cler 7
Components: V, S, M
Casting Time: One full round action
Area: 20ft+10ft/2 levels
Range: Long (400ft+100ft/level)
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: Fortitude half
Spell Resistance: no
Every round spent in the area of this spell creatures take 1d8 damage/2 caster levels+1 vile damage/2 caster levels. A fortitude save halves the damage, and negates the vile damage. In addition, every round the raining negative energy falls and sprouts into 1d4 ghasts. These ghasts last until destroyed or until the end of the spells duration, whichever comes first.
Material component: A vial of unholy water, which is consumed by the spell

Atner's Black manifestation
Necromancy [Evil]
Level: Clr 8 Sor/Wiz 8
Components: V, S, F
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: touch
Saving Throw: none
Spell Resistance: yes (harmless)
The target of this spell has the colors of his skin and equipment flipped (skin becomes black if skin is white, green skins turn red, black überdeath armor turns white etc.) and they gain the following abilities:

The ability to become incorporeal or corporeal at will for the duration of the spell
the ability to fire a bolt of pure darkness at a range of 30ft with a ranged attack roll, damage is 3d6 and undead are healed by that amount as opposed to damaged
Fire, Cold, Sonic, and Electricity resistance 10
Damage reduction 10/magic
the ability to do +1d4 points of vile damage with any successful attack (including the darkness bolt above). This can be switched on and off

Atner's Biting Whip
Necromancy [Evil]
Level: Sor/Wiz 3 Clr 3
Components: V, S
Range: Close (25ft+5ft/2 levels)
Target: One living creature
Saving Throw: reflex negates
When this spell is cast, a lash of negative energy strikes the target with a successful ranged touch attack, and then attaches, causing 1d6 damage/level, and then 1d6 damage each round after that as it digs into the targets body and soul.

Atner's papercuts between the fingers
Necromancy [evil]
Level: Wiz/Sor 1 Clr 1
Components: V, S, M
Range: touch
Target: one creature with fingers and/or toes
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
Spell Resistance: yes
The target of this spell is immediately nauseated, and takes 1 point of slashing damage
material component: a piece of paper

Atner's Death nova
Necromancy [Evil]
Level: Sor/Wiz 9
Components: V, S
Area: 10ft radius
Range: personal
Target: living creatures within 10ft of you
Duration: 1 round/2 levels
Saving Throw: fortitude negates
Spell Resistance: yes
Every creature (friend or foe) within a 10ft radius of you must make a fortitude save or die instantly. Creatures with 4 or less HD get no save.

Atner's form of death
Necromancy [Evil]
Level: Wiz/Sor 8
Components: V, S, F
Range: personal
Target: you
Duration: one minute
Saving Throw: none
For one minute, your body is replaced by that of an entropic reaper (LM) with access to all your equipment. You may not manipulate your body but can see through the reapers eyes and use the reapers senses. Essentially, for the duration, you dont exist, but the entropic reaper does.

Focus: A scythe

More to come from the horrible Atner

smoke prism
2013-06-10, 03:54 PM
I like most of these spells, the only queries I have are: Why dose Atner's Black manifestation give you the option to gain a Dex bonus, it seems out of place to me. My other question is how come Atner's Death nova has not effect on creatures with 4 HD or less ?

I also have an idear for a spell (In spoiler below):

Atner's Reverse phoenix, it is esensualy life to death

Hope this help :smallsmile:

inuyasha
2013-06-10, 05:06 PM
I like most of these spells, the only queries I have are: Why dose Atner's Black manifestation give you the option to gain a Dex bonus, it seems out of place to me. My other question is how come Atner's Death nova has not effect on creatures with 4 HD or less ?

I also have an idear for a spell (In spoiler below):

Atner's Reverse phoenix, it is esensualy life to death

Hope this help :smallsmile:

Yeah I think Im going to remove the +2 dex

and the death nova I meant it to be creatures with 4hd or less get no save :p

inuyasha
2013-06-16, 01:16 AM
Shameless bump!

I was wondering if anyone else wanted to see this :p