PDA

View Full Version : Warlord (Barbarian PrC)

Grimsage Matt
2013-06-17, 12:34 PM
What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie?
I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky.
The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing;
Rush in and die, dogs—I was a man before I was a king. Conan the Barbarian

Many nobles lie rich and fat, but another and truer breed still comes every now and then. They are not fancy city dwellers, not cultured men, but laughing warriors, giants and gods of the proving field, leaders not through guile and inheritence, but stregth in all its forms and not a little spilled blood.

Requirements;
Class; Barbairan (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227466)
Class Feature; Mighty Rage, Brute Power(Terrifying Rage)
Abillity scores; Strength 16+, Wisdom 12+, Chrisma 12+.

Hit Die: d12.
Class Skills: The barbarian’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Listen (Wis), Ride (Dex), Spot (Wisdom), Survival (Wis), and Swim (Str).
Skill Points per Level: (4 + Int modifier)

{table]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Features
1|+1|+2|+0|+0|Front Line Leader, Barbarian Warrior
2|+2|+3|+0|+0|Enchanters Bane
3|+3|+3|+1|+1|The Truth of Life
4|+4|+4|+1|+1|A Bloody Crown
5|+5|+4|+1|+1|The Riddle of Steel[/table]

Barbarian Warrior(EX); Warlord levels stack with Barbarian levels for determining Rages per day, Rage Upgrades, Damage Reduction and Fast movement bonuses.

Front Line Leader(EX);
"This day you become knights!" he laughed fiercely, pointing with his dripping sword towards the hillmen horses, herded nearby. "Mount and follow me to hell!"

Enchanters Bane(EX);
"Civilized men laugh," said Conan. "But not one can tell me how Zogar Sag can call pythons and tigers and leopards out of the wilderness and make them do his bidding. They would say it is a lie, if they dared. That's the way with civilized men. When they can't explain something by their half-baked science, they refuse to believe it."

The Truth of Life(EX);
He shrugged his shoulders. "I have known many gods. He who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply. I seek not beyond death. It may be the blackness averred by the Nemedian skeptics, or Crom's realm of ice and cloud, or the snowy plains and vaulted halls of the Nordheimer's Valhalla. I know not, nor do I care. Let me live deep while I live; let me know the rich juices of red meat and stinging wine on my palate, the hot embrace of white arms, the mad exultation of battle when the blue blades flame and crimson, and I am content. Let teachers and priests and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and am content."

A Bloody Crown(EX);
Gleaming shell of an outworn lie; fable of Right divine—
You gained your crowns by heritage, but Blood was the price of mine.
The throne that I won by blood and sweat , by Crom, I will not sell
For promise of valleys filled with gold, or threat of the Halls of Hell!

The Riddle of Steel(EX);
After Conan seeks out the group that murdered his people, Doom explains to him, "Steel isn't strong, boy. Flesh is stronger. Look around you." Thulsa motions to some of the thousands of followers surrounding his mountain who worship him as the mouthpiece of God. He points up to the top of a cliff, "There, on the rocks, that beautiful girl." He motions to the girl, "Come to me, my child." The girl steps off the cliff and falls to her death. "That is strength, boy. That is power: the strength and power of flesh. What is steel compared to the hand that wields it? Look at the strength of your body, the desire in your heart. I give you this ...such a waste. Contemplate this on the tree of woe. Crucify him."

Crunch will come in a bit, but yes, he is ment to be badass.