PDA

View Full Version : Devourer (PrC PEACH)

inuyasha
2013-06-20, 03:18 PM
warning: big image http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/4/43563/2015940-gluttony_is_hungry.jpg
Im still hungry...
~Gluttony, a devourer

Devourers eat, a lot, thats all they do, and they never stop. They kill anything in their way, almost becoming animalistic in behavior when theirs edible food around (i.e. anything)
Prerequisites

Alignment: Any non good
BaB: +10
Special: must have willingly commited a cannibalistic act (this means eating your own species, not just other sentient creatures like some people believe), or another evil act focused around consumption (DMs digestion, discretion)
Feat: Great fortitude

Devourer
HD: d12
Skill points per level: 4+int mod
Skills: Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Climb (Str), Swim (Str), Move silently (Dex), Spot (Wis), Search (Wis), Listen (Wis)
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Bite damage

1st|
+1|
+2|
+0|
+0|Bite, Obesity|1d4

2nd|
+2|
+3|
+0|
+0|Iron stomach|1d4

3rd|
+3|
+3|
+1|
+1|Acidic bite +1d6, scent|1d6

4th|
+4|
+4|
+1|
+1|Fast healing 1|1d6

5th|
+5|
+4|
+1|
+1|Gluttonous transformation|1d8

6th|
+6|
+5|
+2|
+2|Acidic bite +2d6|1d8

7th|
+7|
+5|
+2|
+2|Soul devouring|1d10

8th|
+8|
+6|
+2|
+2|Fast healing 2|1d10

9th|
+9|
+6|
+3|
+3|Acidic bite +3d6|2d6

10th|
+10|
+7|
+3|
+3|Pure gluttony|2d6[/table]
Weapon and armor proficiencies
Devourers gain no new weapon or armor proficiencies.
Bite (Ex)
A devourer gains a bite attack that progresses as it levels up, this is a primary natural attack that adds the characters strength modifier*1.5 to the damage. This damage assumes medium size, and increases by one catagory if the size is large, decreases by one if the size is small, etc.

Obesity (Ex)
At 1st level, the devourer gains willing deformity (obese) even if he/she doesnt meet the prerequisites. If the character already has the feat, his/her weight doubles again, and an additional +2 con and -2 dex is gained, as well as a -2 on all charisma based checks other than intimidate because this character is so obviously tainted by the sin of gluttony.

Iron stomach (Ex)
The character can now eat anything for nutrition, including objects such as coal, couches, glass mugs, cats, raw cats, moldy fish...okay you get the idea. In addition to that, the character is now immune to injested poisons.

Acidic bite (Ex)
As the character progresses, his bite becomes acidic, doing +1d6 acid damage at 3rd level, +2d6 acid damage at 6th level, and +3d6 acid damage at 9th level

Scent (Ex)
At 3rd level, the devourer gains the scent ability

Fast healing (Ex)
Beginning at 4th level, the characters metabolism improves, giving them regeneration 2, with one material or energy that can bypass it, at 8th level this becomes regeneration 4

Gluttonous transformation (Ex)
at 5th level, the character increases 1 size catagory, his/her weight doubles, and he/she requires 3 times as much food as she did before. A benefit is that he/she gains a +2 to strength, a +2 natural armor, and 2 slam attacks dealing 1d4+str bonus damage. This does not increase her bite damage like changing size normally would.
Size increases by one catagory, consult the chart for changes. Bite damage increases by one size catagory (in addition to any increase because of level), and 2 slam attacks are gained, and they add 1/2 the characters strength bonus to damage, and are considered secondary
{table=head]Old size|new size|strength|NA|weight|food needed|slams
fine|diminutive|+0|+0|*2|*2|.5
diminutive|tiny|+2|+0|*2|*2|1
tiny|small|+2|+1|*2|*2|1d2
small|medium|+2|+2|*2|*3|1d3
medium|large|+4|+2|*2|*3|1d4
large|huge|+4|+3|*3|*4|1d6
huge|gargantuan|+6|+4|*4|*5|1d8
gargantuan|collossal|+6|+5|*5|*5|1d10
[/table]
Soul devouring (Su)
At 7th level, the devourer now can devour souls. Within one round of someones death, the character can go over and spend a full round action to devour the soul from the corpse, this prevents all forms of ressurection or reincarnation other than divine intervention. Instead of automatically failing however, such spells bring back the corpse totally intact, but filled with maggots and still not alive.

Pure gluttony (Ex)
Size increases again as the character has a final metamorphosis, in addition, since the characters entire body is soaked with the sin of gluttony, anyone that is hit by the characters bite must make a fortitude save (con based) or take +1d4 vile damage
{table=head]Old size|new size|strength|NA|weight|food needed|slams
diminutive|tiny|+2|+0|*2|*2|1
tiny|small|+2|+1|*2|*2|1d2
small|medium|+2|+2|*2|*3|1d3
medium|large|+4|+2|*2|*3|1d4
large|huge|+4|+3|*3|*4|1d6
huge|gargantuan|+6|+4|*4|*5|1d8
gargantuan|collossal|+6|+5|*5|*5|1d10
collossal|collossal|+6|+5|*6|*6|2d6
[/table]

Flickerdart
2013-06-20, 03:39 PM
Minor formatting nitpicks: BAB for PrCs never indicates iteratives, the hit die is never numbered.

Breakdown by level.
1: The first level is pretty good. Easy to get into, a bonus feat (which counters the lost feat to enter), a natural attack, good HD. Nothing stellar, but not bad.
2: I would never take this level. All you get is +1 BAB, +1 to 1 save, and a useless ability. When was the last time your character got injected by a poson?
3: Scent is useful, basically also a feat. 1d3 acid damage is negligible, and nobody owns a d3 anyway. Recommend making this a d6.
4: Would not take this level either. +1 BAB, +1 Fort, and the part doesn't need to use wand of lesser vigor charges on you. Not terribly useful.
5: I get bigger! Yay! So, uh...why does my natural weapon damage not change? Speaking of which, what happens to my natural weapon damage if I enter this class as a Large or Small creature? Do I get the stat boosts that a creature is entitled to when getting bigger?
6: Another dead level. +1 BAB, +1 Fort, and an average increase of 0.5 damage on my acid. At least make it 2d6 here.
7: Dead level. Actions in combat at level 17 are too valuable to just waste on making sure someone doesn't come back. If you really need to, there are better ways of doing it.
8: Another dead level. Fast Healing 2 is not meaningfully different from Fast Healing 1.
9: Fourth dead level in a row? Ouch. At least make the damage 3d6 here.
10: For a capstone, we get...size increase again (so good luck entering buildings and such), more minor boosts, and a tiny bit more damage. Does THIS size increase affect my natural weapons? Do I get the stats for a creature that goes from Large to Huge?

Overall this is a 1-level class. If I could get in at level 6. Maybe 3, if you really want Scent and you never want to be caught unprepared against trolls. But having to wait until level 11? I would never take this class for even one level.

Sgt. Cookie
2013-06-20, 03:58 PM
nobody owns a d3 anyway.

http://i.stack.imgur.com/jiFfM.jpg

There are more people that own a d3 than there are that own a d20. It's called "half of a d6".*

Overall, this class looks... fairly substandard. I agree with Flickerdart, not that good.

*Green may indicate that I am poking fun and no offense is meant.

inuyasha
2013-06-20, 04:20 PM
Breakdown by level.
1: The first level is pretty good. Easy to get into, a bonus feat (which counters the lost feat to enter), a natural attack, good HD. Nothing stellar, but not bad.
cool thanks
2: I would never take this level. All you get is +1 BAB, +1 to 1 save, and a useless ability. When was the last time your character got injected by a poson?
what do you suggest i replace it with?
3: Scent is useful, basically also a feat. 1d3 acid damage is negligible, and nobody owns a d3 anyway. Recommend making this a d6.
okay, changes made, 1D6 acid
4: Would not take this level either. +1 BAB, +1 Fort, and the part doesn't need to use wand of lesser vigor charges on you. Not terribly useful.
Changes made, regeneration 2 [one weakness] added
5: I get bigger! Yay! So, uh...why does my natural weapon damage not change? Speaking of which, what happens to my natural weapon damage if I enter this class as a Large or Small creature? Do I get the stat boosts that a creature is entitled to when getting bigger?
Changes made, chart for size changes made
6: Another dead level. +1 BAB, +1 Fort, and an average increase of 0.5 damage on my acid. At least make it 2d6 here.
changes made, 2D6 acid
7: Dead level. Actions in combat at level 17 are too valuable to just waste on making sure someone doesn't come back. If you really need to, there are better ways of doing it.
Changes made, swift action?
8: Another dead level. Fast Healing 2 is not meaningfully different from Fast Healing 1.
Regen 4 [one weakness] now, too OP?
9: Fourth dead level in a row? Ouch. At least make the damage 3d6 here.
3D6 acid
10: For a capstone, we get...size increase again (so good luck entering buildings and such), more minor boosts, and a tiny bit more damage. Does THIS size increase affect my natural weapons? Do I get the stats for a creature that goes from Large to Huge?
Size chart

:) my responses are bolded

inuyasha
2013-06-21, 11:52 AM
Bump? Any more responses to the recently buffed devourer?

gurgleflep
2013-06-21, 09:39 PM
I don't know if it's substandard as Sgt. Cookie and Flickerdart said, but having looked through this, I think it sounds kinda fun! The cannibalistic halfling that's name and location escape me (Jarren? Heroes of Horror? :smallconfused: Please inform me if I'm correct or wrong!) would be perfect for this class. A mind flayer too, if you play that far into their racial progressions or play in an epic campaign.

Are there any particular classes that you've got in mind that'd PrC into this? Barbarian or fighter perhaps?

Also, with the response thing where you've put your comments in bold: that makes it a bit more difficult to reply to. Maybe take away the quotes, italicize the text that isn't yours and bold the responses?

inuyasha
2013-06-21, 10:22 PM
Well, its no longer substandard since I made changes. And yes i was assuming figher types

gurgleflep
2013-06-21, 11:51 PM
Well, its no longer substandard since I made changes. And yes i was assuming figher types

I hadn't realized you'd made changes... Probably should have after reading through the reply post though :smallredface:
Either way, I like it :smallsmile:

inuyasha
2013-06-22, 12:06 AM
thank you :D. Im almost considering making a PrC for each of the deadly sins...idk though

EDIT: I mean the homonculi from FMAB...thats easy XD

gurgleflep
2013-06-22, 12:34 AM
thank you :D. Im almost considering making a PrC for each of the deadly sins...idk though

EDIT: I mean the homonculi from FMAB...thats easy XD

Seven deadly sins in the form of PrCs? I find the thought of a slothful class particularly interesting :smallamused:

What's the B stand for? I know FMA is Full Metal Alchemist, but I don't know of this "B".

inuyasha
2013-06-22, 12:44 AM
Seven deadly sins in the form of PrCs? I find the thought of a slothful class particularly interesting :smallamused:

What's the B stand for? I know FMA is Full Metal Alchemist, but I don't know of this "B".

Brotherhood. There were 2 anime's. The first one wasnt that close to the manga surprisingly, and then there was a second one FMA:brotherhood, which followed the manga perfectly

And yes, the slothful one is actually the hardest one for me to think of i think...a big behemoth with insane adrenaline surges

gurgleflep
2013-06-22, 12:51 AM
Brotherhood. There were 2 anime's. The first one wasnt that close to the manga surprisingly, and then there was a second one FMA:brotherhood, which followed the manga perfectly

And yes, the slothful one is actually the hardest one for me to think of i think...a big behemoth with insane adrenaline surges

Sadly, I don't watch much anime or read any manga - never could get into it :smallsigh: I'll take your word for it though.

Maybe some class feature that gives whoever's taking the PrC a mechanical chair to keep him from having to move himself?
Something like (it's kinda big) this:
http://www.imperial-library.info/sites/default/files/tdgtd_dwemer_yagrum.jpg

inuyasha
2013-06-22, 01:04 AM
well this is getting a little off topic, I'll post more PrCs later, anyways...eew nasty picture!

gurgleflep
2013-06-22, 01:28 AM
well this is getting a little off topic, I'll post more PrCs later, anyways...eew nasty picture!

Yeah, sorry. I wasn't much help for keeping it on track :smallredface:
That's a dwarf (dwemer) from Morrowind, by the way.

*Ahem*
For the gluttony PrC, had you considered a morale or demoralization bonus of some sort caused by eating certain things?

inuyasha
2013-06-22, 01:45 AM
you mean like: gaining a bonus to intimidate checks for being so awesome that you can eat shards of glass safely? No I had not considered it...

gurgleflep
2013-06-22, 11:49 PM
you mean like: gaining a bonus to intimidate checks for being so awesome that you can eat shards of glass safely? No I had not considered it...

Yeah, something like that. I don't know how it could be meshed into what you've already got - or if it would even be able to get added on - but it's an idea.

Edit: Ah, just saw you'd already done it!

dethkruzer
2013-06-23, 10:53 AM

Or possibly bonuses to Intimidate after you bite off someones nose and proceed to munch down on said nose?

themourningstar
2013-06-23, 12:11 PM
The "Slothful" PrC sounds interesting- the whole collection does. I would give it auras though, something similar to a bard's abilities. All of them would be debuffers- Apathy, -2 on all checks. Maybe a slow aura as well? One that makes the area around it difficult terrain? Could be an interesting debuffing class...