PDA

View Full Version : Cast Page is Up

The Giant
2006-12-06, 06:48 AM
For those who didn't see it, the cast page went up yesterday. Just go to the main Erfworld comic page and click on the question mark icon at the top in the navigation bar.

Rama_Lei
2006-12-06, 07:09 AM
Wow, I love it! They seem crazy enough for any good storyteller. Well done guys. Oh, and i love the Jetson's reference.

Blood
2006-12-06, 07:30 AM
I liked the "Knowing what he/she wants."

These characters seem interesting. I can't wait for the comic, or a daily updating. :smallwink:

Ikkitosen
2006-12-06, 09:40 AM
I like the fact that Ansom has a bigger head and stereotypical perfect comicbook eyes. Awesome.

PlugNPlay
2006-12-06, 10:36 AM
Sizemore Rockwell, eh? Nice one, Rob. References to obscure yet awesome local bands (http://superbigcool.com/assrockers/index.shtml) can only add to the intrigue of the comic. I can see where the earnest dweeb look comes from, but you could have at least given him a fu manchu.

pclips
2006-12-06, 10:52 AM
Sizemore Rockwell, eh? Nice one, Rob. References to obscure yet awesome local bands (http://superbigcool.com/assrockers/index.shtml) can only add to the intrigue of the comic. I can see the where the earnest dweeb look comes from, but you could have at least given him a fu manchu.

Heh, I borrowed only your names. I could never hope to capture the quintessence of Durt Sizemore and Riff Rockwell in the same character. The character comes from another source entirely. :smallwink:

Nazzo, the 102nd
2006-12-06, 11:03 AM
I like it. Particularly Jillian. :smallbiggrin:

I see something inspired in Final Fantasy, though. Being a FF fan, I really find this very cool. :smallsmile:

Can't wait for the big premiere tomorrow. Yay for daily comics!

TinSoldier
2006-12-06, 11:08 AM
My only problem is Jillian's tagline:
"I never stabbed anything that didn't stop being an immediate problem."

So, don't stop being an immediate problem around Jillian or you will be stabbed. That's kind of scary. Things start becoming immediate problems just out of a sense of self preservation.

faerwain
2006-12-06, 11:40 AM
^:smallbiggrin:

I have to admit I don't know any of the other works(given that I finally got DSL this spring you may imagine I'm quite new to webcomics) but the cast page was amusing enough that I'm looking forward to erfworld now.
(Is it there yet? Is it there yet ?)

Hilary Moon Murphy
2006-12-06, 11:52 AM
The cast looks quite interesting, though a bit small of yet. I'm assuming that these are just the characters that appear in the first six comics, and that the cast list will expand as we meet more characters. Eagerly awaiting the upload of the first strip.

Hmm

Tamis
2006-12-06, 12:00 PM
Some of the descriptions reminded me a bit of Kingdom of Loathing, but I don't mind that. I love KoL :smallbiggrin: (The familiar feeling might also come from the fact I've been playing a lot of it lately.)

The castpage actually made me curious about Erfworld, so that's a good thing.

(For those who don't know the game KoL (http://www.kingdomofloathing.com))

Om
2006-12-06, 12:17 PM
Looking very good. This has reassured me immensely and I'm actually looking forward to the comic proper.

PlugNPlay
2006-12-06, 04:03 PM
Those here who have played Rob's card game Get Nifty (http://www.getnifty.com/) will recognize the succinct and telling style of the Strengths and Weaknesses lists. And the mature, Times Roman font and generally proper spelling and grammar is evidence of seriousness of purpose, for those who need reassuring.

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-06, 05:11 PM
Hooray! Can't wait for the first comic!

inky13112
2006-12-06, 06:31 PM
:smallamused: Wanda Firebaugh looks awesome heh.

Also liked the knowing what he wants weakness and knowing what he wants strength.

Heads_or_Tails
2006-12-07, 12:50 AM
Ooh, I like Jillian and Wanda, it's just good to see a sense of humor as a weakness, and hack-slash-carve-stabbity-chopchop as a strength.

The Vanishing Hitchhiker
2006-12-07, 03:19 AM
"Scary hand puppets"? Could it be that Lord Stanley is an Orthodox Banjoist...or perhaps has heard the call of Banjulhu?

Hurray for the Arkenhammer's occupation. But can she reverse the polarity of the neutron flow?

Yes, I think the Arkenhammer is a girl. Go figure.

Shhalahr Windrider
2006-12-07, 08:27 AM
Hurray for the Arkenhammer's occupation. But can she reverse the polarity of the neutron flow?
One of her strengths is heaving lightning, so I bet Arky can do anything that involves polarity. :smallbiggrin:

Draz74
2006-12-07, 11:50 AM
Ooh, I like Jillian and Wanda, it's just good to see a sense of humor as a weakness, and hack-slash-carve-stabbity-chopchop as a strength.

"Weakness: Sense of Humor" means she doesn't have one, I think.

Thes Hunter
2006-12-12, 01:12 AM
Yeah, that character Jillian seems a bit too uncomfortably familiar to me. :smallwink:

And I have never been one for these kinda 'diet' coke posts, where one basically says nothing really that original or intellectual... beyond throwing laurels about for whomever.... But I do feel the need to say:

Good job guys, I am really looking forward to it.

Now, I have just made my first brown nosing post ever... I feel vaguely un-clean. :smallredface: