PDA

View Full Version : Milani's New Domain: "Alcohol" (Pathfinder)

The 23rd Kraken
2013-06-28, 06:04 PM
So, I am playing in a pathfinder game and I have been trying to convert Pirates to my deities religion. And, will over time I started to use Alcohol to try and convert them and my DM is ok with this... So Now I was wondering if anyone could help me with ideas for what spells or powers would fall under this domain.

http://www.epicwords.com/attachments/11684
Key part from my Journal post:

That night the whole outpost was in high spirits, so much so that there was a festival. Everyone drank, cheered, parties, feasted, sang, danced, toasted, and even I gave a speech, feeling that this would be a grate time to try and convert some people to the way of Milani.

Zanithar's Speech
My good people, I come to you with joyest news! The Lady Milani is here for you. To help you with your freedom in life! She is here to fight against oppression and unjust rule wherever it is found! I know you all enjoy to drink, fight, gamble, and have sex from sundown to sunup, and I just want you to know there is nothing wrong with having fun! Even the lady would agree with you on this one. The only things she asks is that you do not harm other without a just reason, that you take that extra step to help someone who is being oppressed.

Like all of us, she was mortal one, human at that. Until the death of Aroden in 4606 AR, the goddess Milani was simply one of dozens of saints within the Last Azlanti's faith. She was the beacon of hope to all those who fought against repressive regimes, giving courage to those who had little but their desire to live a free life. The death of her patron, combined with the tremendous upheaval and suffering that followed his death, gave her a focus and attracted many new followers. Those devoted to her found the courage to organize the rebellions against the infernal takeover of the Chelaxian Empire, helping many of her outlying territories break free of its control. They fought against the slow slide into barbarism, restoring people's hope that a just and good society could be restored. Milani has never been as popular as Aroden's other followers, such as Iomedae, perhaps because the Inheritor's worship had already been firmly established before their patron's passing.

Because of her faith and show of bravery she was rewarded with a small part of Aroden's former domain on the plane of Axis and now she is a goddess, one of great power. If you show true faith one day you too may gain your own domain.

The people seemed to react to the speech with a few boos. However I could tell that most the the boos were more of a "I'm just gonna boo cause everyone else is and I don't wanna look like a fool." I could tell that my words reached some of the people. I know at this moment in time, that the people of Outsea would wish to learn more about the ways of Milani. After some time passed, mainly to let my words soak into the hearts of the people, I felt that this would be a good time to ask the people to put money together to help build this town a Temple in the ladies name and I will start the donation with 100g.

I could still sense the peer pressure in the area, for only two people were brave enough to admit there desire to learn more. One of which was a man by the name of Samuel Drown. Samuel is the Outsea's only Brewer. The towns leading source for Ale and we all know how people of the pirate lifestyle love there ale. Samuel approached me, with a feeling of discovery upon his face saying, "I believe Milanai is what I have been looking for in my life. All the drinking I have been doing, I have been avoiding where my heart should go. With this donation I hope a temple can be established and more people can join our faith." Please with this I asked, "Samuel, it pleases me to see one who sees the Light of Milani's way. It is with your help that I ask if you can add a small flier to the people of Outsea, Explaining the ways of Milani and asking people to join together one day a week so that they may all learn more. Seeing how you know the most about this place, you should pick the location that we all meet up."Samuel more then pleased responded with, "So you want ME to host a meeting? Well, right in my brewery is by far the best location. I can serve Alcohol and we can discuss the ways of Milani!" At first I was kinda taken back by this idea, serve Alcohol at a gathering? No one has ever heard of such an idea. Yet, the more I thought about it, it was not a horrible idea. After all, nowhere in the teaching of Milani does she frown upon the drinking of Ale as they celebrated Milani's ways. Infact she was a warrior of the light herself before she ascended to godhood. Like most warriors, I am sure she celebrate in the company of ale at least once or twice in the life. However, there should be something to make it seem more justified as a reason. It was then that I thought of an idea, "That sounds like a fine idea, there is nothing like a group of people getting just and have a good time talking about things they enjoy all in the name of Milani! However, Seeing how this is to better support the church of Milani, may I ask that you donate a percentage of your prophets to the church. Yo know, to help it grow faster!" He seemed to be somewhat calm and mellow with his answer at first, "A percentage of my profits go to the church.... I will be happy to, when I get them would you would want me to save up enough to build a church here in Outsea? I'm not a man who wants to see the peoples money here in outsea, be sent to somewhere far far away. We are starting to get used to calling this home, which is a rare occurrence for us sea lovers." With a smile I told him, "Well yes, that is the main goal. I wish for each place I travel to to gain a church in the name of Milani. All the donation gained from this outpost would be going toward the Churches construction, upgrades, and costs. Honestly, seeing your love for Milani has shown me that you are the one chosen by Milani herself to guide the people of Outsea to salvation. *Hands him a "Bible" of Milani* With this, I wish for you to be the one to run the church and teach the people Milani's ways!"

Some time later:

"I was feeling parched, most likely from all the ale I have been drinking. It made me wonder if what I did was wrong, if teach that Milani is fine with people drink in her name was the right thing to do. Even if it was to help unite people into her teaching. I poured a glass of water and drank half of it to help quench my thirst. I left the rest of the water on the nightstand next to the bed and went to sleep. that night I had a dream sent to me from Milani herself:

Dream:
I dreamt of ale and wine. People in an inn drink from wine that has been blessed by Milani. I noticed none have been disease or sickness, through their religion they have been brought peace. As I watch this joyful scene an unknown voice from behind me said, "In the history lavish drinking and faith are rare, and to absolve them of their aggression and of their sickness, it is an option my child. When I turned to look to see who it was I awoken."

The glass of water by my bedside had been turned to wine, a clear sign from Milani herself."

Also if anyone know about something that I am doing wrong with her teaching please feel free to inform me otherwise. But as far as I know, there is nothing that say anything against what I have been doing.

Lateral
2013-06-28, 09:49 PM
Level 1: Create Alcohol. As Create Water, except booze. Like the Djinn's SLA create wine, but not restricted to wine- you could make grog, whiskey, rum, mead, grain spirit, etc.
Level 2: Rage.
Level 3: Confusion.

Jormengand
2013-06-29, 05:54 AM
Try to find the Booze Domain - that should be sufficient.

Debihuman
2013-07-15, 11:37 PM
Here is the Booze domain: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12660871&postcount=1

Debby