PDA

View Full Version : [3.5 PrC] The Rakus WIP/PEACH

Debatra
2013-07-04, 12:44 AM
This PrC is based on The Mark of Kri and its sequel, Rise of the Kasai. Anyone familiar with these games should feel free to comment with ideas to implement the rest of Rau's fighting style. Please limit suggestions to his sword.

The Rakus

Prerequisites:

Alignment: Any non-evil
Base Attack Bonus: +11/6/1
Feats: Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword), Weapon Focus (Bastard Sword)

HD: D10
Skill Points: 4+Int modifier

Class Skills
Balance, Climb, Craft, Concentration, Escape Artist, Gather Information, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (Dungeoneering, Geography, History, Local and Nature), Listen, Move Silently, Profession, Search, Sense Motive, Spot, Survival, Swim, Tumble, Use Rope

Table: The Rakus
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
1st|+1|+2|+2|+0|Heart of a Warrior, Weapon Specialization, Whirlwind Step
2nd|+2|+3|+3|+0|Spirit Guide, Fua Toko Rutu
3rd|+3|+3|+3|+1|Fua Toko Faahu
4th|+4|+4|+4|+1|Ground Impale
?|?|?|?|?|Other Levels?
?|?|?|?|?|Vorpal Strike[/table]

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
The Rakus gains no additional weapon proficiencies. Rakus are proficient with light armor.

The abilities of a Rakus (with the exceptions of Heart of a Warrior and his bonus feat) can only be used with a Bastard Sword, and while wearing light or no armor.

Heart of a Warrior
Your Rakus levels are treated as Fighter levels for prerequisites.

Weapon Specialization
At first level, the Rakus gains Weapon Specialization (Bastard Sword) as a bonus feat. If he already has it, he may instead take any other feat he meets the prerequisites of.

Whirlwind Step (Ex)
Swinging his blade in a wide arc; the Rakus steps forward, slashing through three men at once.

A Rakus can take a 5' step while attacking each enemy on either his left or right, as well as his target. Make a single attack roll with a cumulative -2 circumstance penalty for each creature to be hit, not counting the attack's target. This ability deals only half damage to creatures other than the main target and only applies weapon enchantments (other than straight enhancement bonuses to attack and damage rolls) to the main target of the strike. Only the main target is subject to precision damage.

Whirlwind Step hits enemies and allies alike. This ability can be used once per round, and can lead off a Full Attack.

I can see in my head what I want this move to do, but am having trouble putting it into words.

Visual Aid
{table=head]A|B|C|D|E
|X|X|X
|R||T
|Y|Y|Y[/table]
{table=head]A|B|C|D|E
|||
|R|X|X
|Y||X
|Y|Y|T
|||[/table]

The Rakus could use this ability to 5' step to his Target while hitting either all the Xs or all of the Ys, but not both. Also, he must attack everything in range of one of his arcs when using Whirlwind Step.

Also, I'm not quite sure if the attack penalty is enough.

Spirit Guide
At second level, the Rakus receives his Spirit Guide. Treat this ability as a Wizard's Familiar, with your effective Wizard level being your Character level. However, there are two differences:

A Rakus' Spirit Guide must be able to fly. He is thus limited to choosing between a Bat, Hawk, Owl or Raven unless he also takes Improved Familiar or similar.

So long as the Rakus and his Guide are on the same plane, they may see and hear through each others' senses at will.

Fua Toko Rutu (Ex)
Distracting him by hammering away at his foe's upper body, the Rakus suddenly cuts the man's legs from under him.

After having made exactly three attacks during a Full Attack (all against a single enemy) and having hit with at least one, a second-level Rakus can make a Trip attempt as a free action. This trip is with your Bastard Sword, and thus does not provoke an attack of opportunity.

This ability can be used once per round. You can not make other trip attacks with a Bastard Sword without some other ability that would normally allow it.

Fua Toko Faahu (Ex)
A few quick strikes to one side draw his enemy's attention away from his empty hand, and the Rakus lurches forward, grabbing the man by his neck.

After having made exactly three attacks during a Full Attack (all against a single enemy) and having hit with at least one, a third-level Rakus can make a single Grapple attempt at your highest BAB as a free action. Using this ability does not provoke an attack of opportunity. You may treat a Bastard Sword as a light weapon while using this ability, but its base damage is reduced to 1d6.

This ability can be used once per round, but not during the same Full Attack as a Fua Toko Rutu. You can not use Bastard Swords during other grapples without some ability that would normally allow it (if you have such an ability, you may use it as normal with Fua Toko Faahu).

Ground Impale
"Fua, Toko, Rutu!" His opponent was too slow picking himself off the ground. The Rakus presses his advantage, driving his blade into the man's stomach.

A fourth-level Rakus can attempt a Coup de Grace against a prone opponent, even if the target isn't helpless. This otherwise follows all the normal rules for a Coup de Grace.

Vorpal Strike (Su)
When a Rakus reaches his highest level of skill, any Bastard Sword he wields is treated as having the Vorpal property (keep in mind: the Vorpal property specifies needing a natural 20 on your attack roll, as opposed to just a confirmed critical hit).
---
I'm still trying to figure out abilities to fill out another level or two.

As for the BAB requirement, I wasn't entirely sure (and I'm still not) whether I should do it as-is, or make the requirement +16 and base the idea around giving up your last attack for the round for the special moves. Though I guess that decision wound up being made for me if this is going to be a 5+ level PrC.