PDA

View Full Version : Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Anya Jenkins)

drax75
2013-07-10, 03:26 PM
For reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anya_Jenkins

Anya is a Vengeance Demon in the Buffy Universe, who later becomes a human.

My request is help turning her Demon form into a Race/Class.

I have a player who would like to play her in a game, and thus i need some help homebrewing a class and or racial class that would fit.

I would imagine it would be an outsider of some sort, and likely have a alignment of LE.

She would have to have some magical ability in things like mind control, and illusions.

She should also have alter form humanoid of medium size at minimum.

and near the end of the progression would get Grant wish and Soul Bind similar to a Fiend of Corruption.

Please help me, and thank you very much for your time or links to places i can find this if its done already.

Tanuki Tales
2013-07-10, 03:45 PM
Keep in mind that the best you'll probably get is something that is an homage to a Vengeance Demon and not something that is one. Since they can create Alternate Timelines and Realities, which is far outside the scope of a lot of DnD and far more than a player should be allowed.

Edit:

Also, use this link instead:

buffy.wikia.com/wiki/Vengeance_demon

Debihuman
2013-07-10, 06:18 PM
The LA would be disgusting: granting wishes, teleportation, immortality, shapeshifting,

Here are standard demon traits (see online SRD)

Demon Traits
Most demons possess the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).

Immunity to electricity and poison.
Resistance to acid 10, cold 10, and fire 10.
Summon (Sp): Many demons share the ability to summon others of their kind (the success chance and type of demon summoned are noted in each monster description). Demons are often reluctant to use this power until in obvious peril or extreme circumstances.
Telepathy.
Except where otherwise noted, demons speak Abyssal, Celestial, and Draconic.

Now add: wish granting, shapeshifting (to appear human) and other abilities. The LA is going to be nasty.

Playing a demon means that the PC can be affected by dismissal and banishment spells.

Debby

Baniff
2013-07-10, 08:28 PM
Some kind of warlock variant may work. Replace Eldritch blast with an unarmed fighting pprogression and full BAB. Change around some of the invocations. A human warlock fits flavor wise, atleast.

Or somekind of cleric with D'Hoffryn as their patron. I don't know, warlock sounds better to me.

Usage/ day teleport and wish isn't anymore broken than core spellcasters(which still doesn't mean it's a good thing, I know). But remember that the Wish has to be made by someone else, has to be used for vengeance, and has to fit in the demon's portfolio (ex lover, wronged child, etc). Could be fun for role play that you have to grant X wishes per week to keep some of your class features.

Hope some if this was helpful, I've been meaning to finish my buffy d20

OzymandiasX
2013-07-11, 01:11 PM
I don't see any homebrewing as necessary. The simple answer is to have her play a Tiefling Sorcerer. As a sorc, she'll be able to pick spells that are equivalent to Anya's abilities as she levels up.

Roleplaying the spells (like when she'd cast a wish, for example) has tons of potential to be fun and add all the flavor of the character without having to break any rules.

On the other hand, if you have a player who expects to play a starting character who is much more powerful than the rest of the group... have a talk with the player. A player who expects to play a 'Q' from the Star Trek universe has expectations that are not compatible with the D&D game system... and everyone involved will end up frustrated/disappointed if it isn't worked out ahead of time.

drax75
2013-07-11, 06:56 PM
So far the closest thing i have been able to come up with is the Succubus racial class from the savage specie's book.

It gives most of the things needed to make the class work. Then i traded the Capstone of "Summon a Tanari" and made it Limited Wish a couple times per day....

this is a on-going project as i try to make this work.

I was hoping someone might be able to right up a class progression for a monster sort of thing as my skills at doing it, well frankly suck.

Network
2013-07-11, 09:00 PM
So far the closest thing i have been able to come up with is the Succubus racial class from the savage specie's book.

It gives most of the things needed to make the class work. Then i traded the Capstone of "Summon a Tanari" and made it Limited Wish a couple times per day....

this is a on-going project as i try to make this work.

I was hoping someone might be able to right up a class progression for a monster sort of thing as my skills at doing it, well frankly suck.
If you are to make the class, I suggest you give something more powerful than that. The ability to permanently change a person into a giant worm (as in season 7) is more akind to Polymorph any object, which Limited Wish cannot allow.

The creation of an alternate reality could be simplified to a Plane Shift for the vengeance demon and its client, with the added effect that the latter isn't aware of that and takes the place of his/her alternate self. Then again, Limited Wish only allow the normal spell, not a modified version.

According to Savage Species which you seem to have, wish granting is worth LA +3. As you remove the 12th-level ability, you would only need to somehow expand the class by 2 levels (3 if you add more class features) and it should be fine.

Edit : I just realized you may give Limited Wish at ECL 12, and then improve it to Wish at ECL 14. That way, you would just have one dead level to fill in.

Belial_the_Leveler
2013-07-12, 05:12 AM
Mindbend [Su]
At 1st level you can cast detect thoughts and detect alignment at will. As a standard action, you can attempt to overwhelm the senses of a creature you can see; if they fail a will save DC 10+1/2 level+charisma modifier they are dazed for 1 round. If they fail 2 saves in a row, they fall asleep for 1 minute. At 5th level, creatures immune to sleep are paralyzed instead. At 10th level, creatures immune to sleep and paralysis are stunned instead. At 15th level, creatures immune to sleep, paralysis and stunning are dazed instead.

Warp the Senses [Sp]
At third level, as a standard action, you may cast a modified Blindness/Deafness SLA. First, the SLA can curse any one sense instead of sight/hearing. Secondly, it requires a will save rather than fortitude. And third, instead of disabling the sense, they curse the victim to sense the world as they want it to be. However, victims you know nothing of their desires receive a +4 to their saving throw, victims you know some things of receive a +2 to their saving throw, victims for which you have discovered their fondest wishes save normally and willing victims receive no saving throw.

Dreamworld [Su]
At 8th level, as a standard action, you may attempt to alter reality for a creature you touch. If they fail a will saving throw, they are plane-shifted to the Dreamheart, where the world around them is naturally shaped after their fondest dreams. A DC 25 Sense Motive check allows victims thus trapped to realize something is up with their dream world. A DC 30 Knowledge: The Planes check allows them to realize they are in some sort of alternate reality. A DC 35 Knowledge; The Planes check allows them to realize they are in the Dreamheart. In any case, victims of this ability are not magically compelled to remain or deceived into staying - the checks are only to recognize the reality of the plane. Provided they have some sort of magic that allows them to return or someone goes there to get them, they can return at any time.
This ability can be used a number of times equal to your charisma modifier.

Wish of Vengeance [Sp]
At 10th level, as a standard action, you may grant a Limited Wish to another. The creature must willingly, knowingly and freely ask you for the wish -you can't use this ability on your own- and they are limited to one wish per creature per day. The Limited Wish can never benefit anyone - it can only be used for destructive vengeance. This is equivalent to a 5th level SLA.
At 14th level you can grant full Wishes instead - the limitation on purpose, time and being asked still apply. This is equivalent to a 7th level SLA.

Nightmare [Sp]
At 17th level, as a standrard action, you can open a Gate to another plane of existence. Instead of being able to call creatures or travel through it yourself, this Gate functions as if you cast it in the destination plane to call creatures through; such creatures are sent there as if Gated normally. However, such Gates can only be opened to nightmarish dimensions such as the Abyss, Tartarus, Gehenna or weird alternate versions of the world lost in the Temporal Storm. And the 1 round per level of control you get on the creatures Gated can only be used to command them to use up or destroy things that would help them escape or survive the nightmare.
Using this ability costs 10.000 GP and it is usually employed to get rid of summoned or called creatures or to banish annoying wizards there and force them to spend 20 rounds of destroying their items, dispelling their protections and using up their spell slots. It can be blocked or prevented by anything that would prevent someone from opening or using a gate.

Worst Nightmare [Su]
At 20th level, as a standard action, you may employ the "Transport Travelers" option of Wish. Unlike a normal Wish, this is limited to casting creatures into the Far Realm so they can experience a nightmare - not their worst nightmare but the worst nightmare anyone in the universe ever had. Also unlike Wish, such beings are banished, as the spell; for 24 subjective hours they cannot return through their own power. A will saving throw DC of level+charisma modifier negates the effect for that creature. Due to the timeless nature of the Far Realm, beings return at the exact moment of their departure and the exact state of their departure resource-wise. Naturally, if someone does not immediately reappear it means either they were prevented from returning in some horrifyingly appropriate fashion or they never got the means of return.
Using this ability requires 20.000 gp as a material component.

stephanecrowe
2014-09-22, 04:44 AM
I appreciate spike who acted well an important role and i really appreciate his costume which he wore in the serial i have seen this costume at many online stores but i got it from Famous Jackets (http://goo.gl/5emXdx), after this i praise this serial story it's too nice.