PDA

View Full Version : Newb Material

Fireball.Man.Guy.
2006-12-09, 11:00 PM
This is my first homebrew attempt, the stuff comes from a favorite book of mine.

Celestial Bronze
Celestial Broze is a rare metal capable of affecting monstrous foes extremely well, but incapable of harming hamanoids. Despite the name, celestial bronze is found anywhere near a place a deity spends a significnt amount of time at.

Cost ?????????

Effect: Celestial bronze weapons act as both silver and cold Iron for the purposes of overcoming damage reduction. However, whenever a creature with the Humanoid type is attacked by a celestial bronze weapon, the weapon passes through harmlessly. Lycantheropes are an exceptence from this rule, and are affected normaly.

Now a weapon enhancement of my own making up.

Ultimate Bane
An ultimate bane weapon counts as whatever material will pierce an enemies damage reduction.
Price +3
Align Weapon, Magic Weapon

dukexx
2006-12-09, 11:09 PM
Sounds like a good idea. maybe make divine or demi-divine blood required to wield? as per the book, only divines and demi-divines had the celestial bronze.

Balesirion
2006-12-10, 01:18 AM
Out of curiosity, what book are you refering to?

Very nice, though you should add the base price modifier for celestial bronze.

dukexx
2006-12-10, 02:31 AM
1.The book's name is "The Lightning Theif." modern greek mythology. its about a hero, demi-god, son of poseidon, kid named percy.

2. should we add in the mist effect on the bronze, or would you consider that hero only?

3. asklusmous-esque concealability?

Fireball.Man.Guy.
2006-12-11, 06:56 PM
2+3: That would be taken care of with a separate enchantment. Most of the weapons at the camp that were bronze weren't concealable.

And I'm not sure how to price the bronze. Help?

Larrin
2006-12-12, 01:17 PM
Now a weapon enhancement of my own making up.

Ultimate Bane
An ultimate bane weapon counts as whatever material will pierce an enemies damage reduction.
Price +3
Align Weapon, Magic Weapon

wizards beat you to it, but you got the price right

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060303a&page=7

although, shadow striking requires it hit its target first, i'm not sure if its effect is immediate or take effect only on subsequent strikes...its unclear. in that way it could be slightly different then yours.

dukexx
2006-12-12, 04:31 PM
2+3: they never said those were made of celestial bronze.

while were at it. wanna go for the lightning bolt, or Hade's helm?