PDA

View Full Version : skype and Windows live messenger united... ???

dehro
2013-07-16, 05:58 AM
so, some time ago I updated skype after a reinstall of my computer. it turned out that my messenger (I used to be on msn messenger before it was eaten by windows live) account had merged with my skype account, even resuscitating the accounts of people I thought I had deleted from my various lists.

after some perplexity, I moved on... adding a skype contact here and there, as needed. now however I would like to add a messenger contact (so an email address of the "[email protected]" variety).. but find myself unable to.
how does that work? do I really have to re-install windows life or something else? won't it just keep meshing with skype again?

what to do?

factotum
2013-07-16, 06:38 AM
Messenger doesn't exist outside of China anymore, so how would it help you to add a Messenger contact? @hotmail.com doesn't mean it's a Messenger contact anyway, it just means it's a Hotmail e-mail address--you can use those for Skype as well as you can any other address.

Frozen_Feet
2013-07-16, 07:09 AM
If you can't add a contact, it's likely because that account was never updated to Skype and hence does not exist anymore.

dehro
2013-07-16, 07:43 AM
If you can't add a contact, it's likely because that account was never updated to Skype and hence does not exist anymore.

mmmh..yeah.. I suspect this must be it.

factotum
2013-07-16, 10:02 AM

Ah...I think I misunderstood the question, in that case! Sorry. :smallredface:

dehro
2013-07-16, 11:00 AM
no worries :smallwink: