PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Options for Fighters (almost a fix) [P.E.A.C.H.]

Elricaltovilla
2013-07-21, 06:05 PM
I might be a bit of a rarity on this forum, but I think that the Fighter is actually pretty decent. The big problem is that it lacks versatility. So I'm taking a page from Rogue Talents, Magus Arcana, Witch Hexes, Alchemist Discoveries, Rage Powers and every other Pathfinder "mix and match" class ability set and giving the fighter some love. These are what I have now, I may add more over the next week or so until I'm satisfied.

Fighter Exploits for Pathfinder
Exploits are special tactics and maneuvers that Fighters can employ in combat. At any level where a fighter would gain either Weapon Training or Armor Training, they can choose to forgo that Weapon or Armor Training and take an Exploit instead. At 10th level, Advanced Exploits become available. Each Exploit can only be taken once unless otherwise stated.

Exploits

Shattering Strike- By spending a swift action when you make an attack against an object or make a sunder attempt, you can ignore an amount of hardness equal to your fighter level.

Sudden Blow- When you are attacked in melee, you can spend an immediate action to make a single attack of opportunity against the opponent who attacked you. This attack is made at your highest base attack bonus.

Fearsome Blow- Whenever you score a critical threat on a target, you can make a free intimidate check to demoralize your target.

Mighty Strike- Once per encounter you can automatically confirm a critical hit.

Warlord’s Charm- Gain a bonus to Bluff and Diplomacy equal to 1/2 your fighter level. Bluff and Diplomacy become class skills.

Warlord’s Vitality- When at less than 1/2 hit points, heal a number of hit points equal to your fighter level as a swift action.

Warlord’s Surge- Once per encounter, you may spend a swift action to grant each ally a single attack against any one foe in range.

Signature Weapon- You form a special bond with a single weapon. You can improve this weapon as if you had Craft Magical Arms and Armor, and gain the bonuses of Weapon Training with this weapon even if you do not have Weapon Training.

Swift Strike- When You make a full attack, you can spend a swift action to make one additional attack at your highest BAB. This extra attack does not stack with haste, the speed enchantment or other similar effect. You must be at least 6th level to select this Exploit.

Advanced Exploits

Powerful Strikes- When you power attack, increase the damage bonus for your attacks by +1.

Crippling Blow- You can spend a swift action to allow one of your attacks this round to do ability damage. Instead of doing normal damage, the attack does 2 points of either STR, DEX or CON damage.

Battlefield Control- The area you threaten is 5 ft larger than normal. If you would not normally threaten an area (such as when wielding a bow) you do not benefit from this increas

Combat Maneuver Mastery- Choose one type of combat maneuver, you gain a bonus on CMB checks with that maneuver equal to 1/4 your fighter level.
Special- this Exploit can be taken more than once, each time you take it, the bonus applies to a different combat maneuver.

Concussive Strike- By spending a standard action, you can make a single attack against an enemy. If the attack hits and that enemy casts spells, they lose 2d4 prepared spells or spell slots, starting with the highest level spells they are able to cast.

Fearful Might- Any time you succeed on a critical hit, all enemies within 30 ft. who can see you must make a Will Save (10+1/2 Fighter Level+ STR Mod) or become shaken for one minute.

Stalwart- You gain the Stalwart(ex) ability of the Inquisitor. See that class for more information.

Sheer Will- Once per encounter you can reroll a failed Will Save. You must take the new result even if it is worse.

Sheer Fortitude- Once per encounter you can reroll a failed Fortitude Save. You must take the new result even if it is worse.

Sheer Reflexes- Once per encounter you can reroll a failed Reflex Save. You must take the new result even if it is worse.