PDA

View Full Version : [PF Spell] Refine Elemental

iTookUrNick
2013-08-09, 12:29 PM
Author's note:
As always happens when Redcloak shows off his elemental summoning mastery, people realize how dissatisfied they are with current capabilities in the game. The following might not be the solution, but it was inspired by said event. Comments are very appreciated.

Refine Elemental I
School transmutation [see text];
Level bard 1, cleric/oracle 1, druid 1, ranger 1, sorcerer/wizard 1, witch 1

CASTING
Casting Time 1 round
Components V, S, M (raw elemental materials; see text)

EFFECT
Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Effect one transmuted creature
Duration 1 round/level (D)
Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance no

DESCRIPTION

This spell transmutes an amount of raw material into a fully fledged elemental. The elemental takes form in the spot where the raw material is and acts immediately, on your turn. It attacks your opponents to the best of its ability. If you can communicate with the creature, you can direct it not to attack, to attack particular enemies, or to perform other actions as you command.

Elementals cannot be summoned into an environment that cannot support them. Elementals created using this spell cannot use spells or spell-like abilities that duplicate spells that have expensive material components (such as wish).

The spell creates a tiny elemental (a small elemental to which has been applied the young template), provided you have enough raw materials for it. You choose which elemental to transmute, provided you have raw materials matching said elemental (a bonfire for a fire elemental, a body of water for a water elemental, and so forth), and you can change that choice each time you cast the spell.

Elementals created using this spell are outsider with the native subtype, and thus they are not subject to effect that affect extraplanar creatures such as banishment.

When the duration of the spell expires, the elemental reverts to the original raw materials.

When you use this spell to transmute an elemental with elemental subtype, it is a spell of that type.

Refine Elemental II
Level bard 2, cleric/oracle 2, druid 2, ranger 2, sorcerer/wizard 2, witch 2
This spell functions like refine elemental I, except that you can create one small elemental or 1d3 tiny elementals.

Refine Elemental III
Level bard 3, cleric/oracle 3, druid 3, ranger 3, sorcerer/wizard 3, witch 3
This spell functions like refine elemental I, except that you can create one medium elemental, 1d3 small elementals or 1d4+1 tiny elementals.

Refine Elemental IV
Level bard 4, cleric/oracle 4, druid 4, ranger 4, sorcerer/wizard 4, witch 4
This spell functions like refine elemental I, except that you can create 1d3 medium elementals or or 1d4+1 elementals of the same size from a lower-level list.

Refine Elemental V
Level bard 5, cleric/oracle 5, druid 5, sorcerer/wizard 5, witch 5
This spell functions like refine elemental I, except that you can create one large elemental or 1d4+1 elementals of the same size from a lower-level list.

Refine Elemental VI
Level bard 6, cleric/oracle 6, druid 6, sorcerer/wizard 6, witch 6
This spell functions like refine elemental I, except that you can create one Huge elemental, 1d3 large elementals or 1d4+1 elementals of the same size from a lower-level list.

Refine Elemental VII
Level cleric/oracle 7, druid 7, sorcerer/wizard 7, witch 7
This spell functions like refine elemental I, except that you can create one Greater elemental, 1d3 Huge elementals or 1d4+1 elementals of the same size from a lower-level list.

Refine Elemental VIII
Level cleric/oracle 8, druid 8, sorcerer/wizard 8, witch 8
This spell functions like refine elemental I, except that you can create one Elder elemental, 1d3 Greater elementals or 1d4+1 elementals of the same size from a lower-level list.

Refine Elemental VIII
Level cleric/oracle 9, druid 9, sorcerer/wizard 9, witch 9
This spell functions like refine elemental I, except that you can create 1d3 Elder elementals or 1d4+1 elementals of the same size from a lower-level list.

Feat: Refined Transmutation
Prerequisite: Spell Focus (transmutation)
Benefit: When transmuting or animating a creature or object using a transmutation spell (such as animate rope or Refine Elemental), the resulting creature gains +4 to its Stength and Constitution scores. If the creature does not have a Constitution score, it gains 2 hit points/Hit Dice and +2 of Fort saves instead.

Feat: Concentrated Materials
Prerequisite: Refined Transmutation
Benefit: When transmuting or animating a creature or object using a transmutation spell (such as animate rope or Refine Elemental), you can decide to use twice the amount of raw materials as usually needed. The resulting creature gains full hit points from its hit dice.