PDA

View Full Version : Shadow Hunters [Setting assistance, please?]

Absol197
2013-08-11, 07:21 PM
Hey there! So, I went to see The Conjuring in theaters recently, and that got me interested in continuing (yet another) half-formed setting that I've begun. It's an altered d20 Modern, with a theme very much like Shadow Chasers, and somewhat like the movie Blade. Essentially, humanoid monsters exist, and the characters would be people who, whether in an organization or by themselves, help to hunt them down.

Now, here's the thing I need help with: I know vampires are likely going to be the primary antagonists in this setting (and I don't want the Monster Manual for it to be too extensive), but I decided I wanted a race of creatures to match each of the seven deadly sins.

So far, what I've got is:

Pride: Vampires
Wrath: Werewolves
Greed: ???
Envy: Shadows or allips or something similar
Gluttony: ???
Lust: Succubi
Sloth: ???

I'm trying to keep all of these "major" anagonists to certain themes - firstly, that they remain humanoid (at least most of the time), that they are all demonic, undead, or something similar, and that they are infectious: the humans they attack can be transformed into new members of the race.

I really just need ideas for what sorts of monsters (either traditional or ones that you invent, although traditional would be better, if possible), but if there's interest, I can post actual stats that I've come up with, and we can give them actual statistics.

Thanks in advance for any assistance, Playground!

~Phoenix~

eftexar
2013-08-11, 07:26 PM
A mindflayer could be greed.
Yellow mold zombie (I think that's it's name) could be gluttony.

And please post the stats. There are never enough alternatives, especially for vampires.

Absol197
2013-08-11, 07:40 PM
A mindflayer could be greed.
Yellow mold zombie (I think that's it's name) could be gluttony.

And please post the stats. There are never enough alternatives, especially for vampires.

Hmm, mind flayers. Nice, I completely forgot about them! I'm not sure about greed, though...could you help explain the correlation?

eftexar
2013-08-11, 07:44 PM
I figure the fact they want to consume the whole universe in darkness and enslave every creature they see as being greed.