PDA

View Full Version : (Pathfinder) Is that Green Lantern I see???

MisterDudeSir
2013-08-27, 12:06 PM
Well a new game is about to start and the daunting task of what to be is before me. Luckily that is not the question I have, I know that I would like to try this new wizard I thought up. He is most akin to Green Lantern due to the creation school he is coming from

Create Gear (Su): At 1st level, you can create any object that weighs no more than 1 pound per wizard level you possess. Creating an object in this way is a standard action. The item remains for 1 minute before fading away, although it disappears after one round if it leaves your possession. Creating an item to an exact specification might require a Craft skill check, subject to GM discretion. The object must be made of simple materials, such as wood, stone, glass, or metal, and cannot contain any moving parts. You could use this ability to create a dagger, but not a vial of alchemist's fire. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Intelligence modifier.

Creator's Will (Sp): At 8th level, you can cast minor creation as a spell-like ability. You can have no more than one minor creation active at a time. If you cast the spell again, the previous casting immediately ends. At 12th level, this ability improves to major creation. You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 1/2 your wizard level.

those being the main powers my first thought was to use create gear and basically be a fighter using whatever weapon is best for the job. Along with that I'd use Creators will to save the day and close off the tunnel funneling goblins or hold the collapsing ceiling up. However after I thought about it I would be the absolute worst melee fighter in history. I don't need that raw damage or optimization but I do want something that at least works. So with that said my question is how would this wizard fight using his main abilities?

I'm leaning towards a chain user who encases people or confines them. A self defense method would be to encase myself in a crystal pocket then continue to cast magic at my foes? I don't know how it would work or if that is even viable so I'm wondering if anyone has any other methods of combat or rules that pertain to how his combat works, like would it be a reflex save to avoid the created chains/manacles/shackles? Also common manacles are 2 lbs. so then if I made * pounds of hefty manacles with create gear how hard would it be to break? How would you modify the existing rules so the manacles do not disappear after I stop touching them? (Perhaps a chain from them to me? A 10' chain is 2#...) Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!