PDA

View Full Version : Is Erfworld funny?

Sam de Cheese
2006-12-20, 06:46 AM
okay, so they never actually promised it would be funny, but surely if it's going to compare to OotS, then its got to be. So take the poll and say wether or not you think Erfworld is funny.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2006-12-20, 07:09 AM
I like the humour in erfworld, finding out the references can be difficult though, but that is part of the fun.

JoseB
2006-12-20, 08:07 AM
Hm. It doesn't "click" for me. Who knows if later on it will, but so far, it hasn't. Sorry!

Great Teacher
2006-12-20, 08:08 AM
A great webcomic in my opinion. It's funny in its own special way.

Moechi_Vill
2006-12-21, 12:32 AM
It's not hilarious, but it is 'deeply amusing' so I ticked off on the above.

Maerad of Pellinor
2006-12-21, 12:53 AM
It started out very funny, then got a bit less funny, and I think it's because it's meant to be read as a whole--I think it would be a lot more enjoyable if 8 comics were posted every four weeks rather than two a week because reading two a week separates them too much....You get bogged down in plot and don't notice the humor.

Also I think it would help if we knew what sort of universe we're set in....Like for OotS, we know what type of jokes to expect, and knowing that it's a D&D parody allows there to be more subtle jokes even if the comic focuses on plot. In erfworld so far, it's just r->w and things like "croakmancer" and the like--nothing world-specific.

Quartermoon
2006-12-22, 08:53 PM
Some bits are amusing, but much more is just confusing. Confusion isn't really funny, to me.

Oots is funny because it pokes fun at D&D and other paper-pencil RPG games. Just about any Oots strip is funny.

I don't understand what Erfworld is poking fun at. There a thread here wherein the author says he doesn't plan on explaning any of the humor. So...I suppose this is written for the people who "get" it, and not for the rest of us.

Oh, and I have to add that the baby talk ("Erf" for Earth, "Dwagon" for Dragon, etc.) is just annoying to me. Sorry.

Summer
2006-12-22, 10:43 PM
Speech impediments aside, "Gobwin Knob" sounds to me like what we used to call oral sex, when I was in high school.

That's funny!

OK, not laugh-with funny, but at least laugh-at funny.

That's not exactly a glowing review is it? My bad.

Jack Zander
2006-12-23, 01:38 AM
A comic doesn't have to be funny to be good. However, Erfworld tries to be funny and fails miserably. If it focused completely on the plot and did away with the baby-talk, it would actually be a very good comic.

And example I would like to give is how they stuck the punchline of, "That would have been a good time for it to work" at the beginning of the next comic. It completely ruined the joke for me seeing it in the next comic instead of the one it was intended for. It's all about the timing.

TigerHunter
2006-12-23, 10:34 AM
And example I would like to give is how they stuck the punchline of, "That would have been a good time for it to work" at the beginning of the next comic. It completely ruined the joke for me seeing it in the next comic instead of the one it was intended for. It's all about the timing.
That made it all the more entertaining for me. We simply have different opinions, now please stop spamming this forum with negative messages. They are not appreciated by anyone who does not enjoy other people's hard work being trashed, a condition I believe is referred to as 'sadism'.
Thank you and good day.

Moechi_Vill
2006-12-24, 11:01 AM
Ooooh yeah, this was the one I was looking for.

He dun seem to be spamming to me. He seems to be expressing his opinion on multiple threads. Spamming is ... different, I say. Is this some anti-criticism attitude filtering down (the Author seems kind of negative to people popping in to say something ruined it for them.)? I think Erfworld is far too good to need protection.
Anyway I enjoyed it being on the next page but I see, yeah, I kinda aggree in one way, but it works well as it is.

*sigh* I wish we could have full-scale Erfworld art.
It is sooo beautifoul! *sigh ;^_=

B-Man
2006-12-25, 07:33 AM
I really don't enjoy this comic too much.

Based on the *limited* storyline that's been revealled, I can say that this doesn't tickle my fancy. I really love the art style, but the humour references allude me.

I think that I'll try it for 10 more pages of the comic before coming to a final conclusion. But I don't want to read something that I don't really understand and can only appreciate the art style.

danielf
2006-12-25, 01:20 PM
yes, i think it is a lot funny

Brawl
2006-12-25, 01:36 PM
It's very good for me, not as OOtS (perhaps I better know the D&D stuff) but some things make me laugh. I'm waiting for more :)

Drakuul
2006-12-26, 08:32 AM
I really enjoy subtle humour and also slap in your face humour.

So yes, I find Erfworld very amusing indeed.

hyikim
2006-12-26, 12:18 PM
the best fun i get out of it is making fun of it with my friends

IconoclastX
2006-12-26, 12:50 PM
I have read them all, but I must say I still don't really find it funny. Maybe it's not supposed to be funny? I also have to say I really don't get the plot either. And as far as what they're parodying, I have no idea. I can only guess that if someone was familiar with that last item then it would be a very good comic. I can see that there is obviously something lacking in my own experience that the author expects. Because of that it's like physicists making quantum particle jokes that nobody gets except other quantum physicists.

bigmacd24
2006-12-26, 05:08 PM
For what it's worth, i'm enjoying Erfworld. It isn't laugh out loud funny, (excluding today's 'flaking' effect from exposure to too much 'flower power') but I like it. Some people have commented that they are confused by being plumped down into a world they don't understand, I find it somewhat entertaining... e.g. 'Okay, so magical abilities are granted by peices of clothing'. It's not an entirely new setting, it's a for kids turn based rpg, i've played a few of them, [didn't much enjoy them] but I like how serious the characters take themselves in this comic. 'Watch out for dwagons! Serious bussiness!'... the advent of o ryl owls? Kinda through me for a loop, now I don't know where the humour in the story is going. I liked the joke, but it seemed out of place. Can't wait to read more and figure out what the heck is going on in this world.

Rime
2006-12-27, 03:38 AM
I think the reason why it isn't funny for me is exactly the reason why it's hilarious to other people: I fail to get most of the references.

I have never seen a peep in my life, and while I am familiar with the story of Linvingston, I had no idea who Hoffa was until I looked the name up. I also have no idea what "flaking" means to hippies, and why it is amusing to a passing-by observer. I have to wait until the humour is explained to me by the kind people at these forums, and let's face it - if a joke has to be explained, it won't make you laugh. It will make you go "Oh" insead of "Ooooh! That's just brilliant!"

I wish I could enjoy this comic as much as other people do, but apparently my background prevents me from doing so. Quite sad, really.

silentknight
2006-12-27, 07:42 PM
I do not find the comic itself funny, but it is certainly entertaining (to me). There are funny things and/or jokes, some obvious, others not. But Erfworld as a whole, is not a comedy, it's a story.

What I do find funny is how irrate some of the forum-goers get. Like it, don't like, just try not to ruin the fun for the rest of us. Please?

Allandaros
2006-12-27, 08:42 PM
I'm loving the Erfworld goodness.

Although...AAAAIIEEEEE, they use Rands as currency!

Thanks a lot, guys. I'm traumatized for life now; what's next, having a Galtomancer? *shudders*

DeathQuaker
2006-12-27, 09:18 PM
I think it's funny--usually either the concept of the strip itself or one of the jokes amuses me. I agree with another poster that this is also probably better read in chunks rather than one page at a time (in that respect, much like Girl Genius).

I don't think everyone has to get the jokes. Not every comic is made for everyone--just like some folks respond to a book or a movie or TV show differently. I loves me some Shakespeare, but my old medievalist prof says he's a hack and prefers Marlowe. And no, this comic doesn't compare to high classical literature (with all due respect :) ) but the idea's the same. One person's trash is another's treasure and vice versa. If ya don't get it, it's just not for you. Move on.

motorfirebox
2006-12-28, 06:24 PM
Erfworld's approach to humor works really well, for me. every single strip, thus far, has induced at least one deep-down belly laugh (in 12, it was the ORLY shrieking "OMGWTFBBQ" as it got toasted). the sparse writing style helps; it primes me for noticing unexplained details. keep up the hilarious work.

EntilZha
2006-12-28, 10:44 PM
I love what I've seen so far. Lord Stanley, talking about the using the Arkenhammer to crack walnuts, saying "Sometimes you've got to bust a nut"; Jillian flying around on a Marshmallow Peep; and the names--as a fan of really bad puns, they warm my heart. :smallsmile:

Oh, and Wanda's hot. :)

silentknight
2006-12-29, 07:11 PM
The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that the it is all a big parody of many different things wrapped around a "serious" story.

dakiwiboid
2006-12-29, 07:23 PM
I also have no idea what "flaking" means to hippies, and why it is amusing to a passing-by observer.

Sorry you aren't getting all the jokes. I believe I'm one of the oldest people on either of these forums at 53. I was, in fact, nearly old enough to be a first-generation hippie, and had friends whose older brothers and sisters were at Woodstock, if that means anything to you.

"Flaking" comes from "flaking out", which means to act oddly or to fall asleep from exhaustion or other stresses, either physical or pharmacological. I suspect in this context that the two meanings are combined.

I wasn't a big fan of the strip at first, but it's starting to grow on me.

Dragor
2006-12-30, 12:50 PM
My opinion's divided at the moment. Whilst not inspiring me to chuckle as loudly as I did when I first read OOTS, it still makes me laugh at some points. At others, I don't get it.
I've laughed at the ORLY speak every time a new strip with them appears, and laughed in the first scene with Wanda. The rest of the time I've been a bit confused. But I'll stick with it- what's the point in avoiding it?

the_tick_rules
2006-12-30, 01:08 PM
well they openly admitted it's not the same as OOTS. so far i haven't really found it funny, but since it's not a parody comic maybe we're all having expectations of it. yeah somtimes the odd spelling is kinda weird. but it is kinda funny how everyone is a mancer of something.

Beleriphon
2006-12-30, 01:28 PM
My opinion's divided at the moment. Whilst not inspiring me to chuckle as loudly as I did when I first read OOTS, it still makes me laugh at some points. At others, I don't get it.
I've laughed at the ORLY speak every time a new strip with them appears, and laughed in the first scene with Wanda. The rest of the time I've been a bit confused. But I'll stick with it- what's the point in avoiding it?

The orlies are funny, I found the OMGWTFBBQ in strip 12 quite entertaining.

I think a large part of the humour is subtle, or situational, and thus is missed until the story unfolds more.

Jimbo
2006-12-31, 09:46 PM
I like how the characters will be discussing something completely serious, totally deadpan, and then a dumb joke comes out of nowhere and blindsides you.

No, it's not often the most sophisticated humor around (O RLY? YA RLY!) but it's still funny. :D

agentx42
2007-01-01, 11:30 PM
Ehhh, I've chuckled at a few things but overall, no, not really funny.

Chunklets
2007-01-02, 05:33 PM
I confess to having been somewhat puzzled after the first couple of pages, but as the story's gotten going I've found it funnier and funnier. And the orlies were hilarious!

Tussy the Druid
2007-01-02, 06:18 PM
Well, for me, it's just too random. At this point, i'm not going to judge it, but there's not enough humor for me. If it updated every day, it would be better, because sometimes it takes a week to get a good joke (imo)

Begle1
2007-01-02, 11:38 PM
First of all, Erfworld is unique. Very, very unique. It gets credit for that alone.

Now, I wouldn't call it funny. It hasn't made me laugh once. But, it is highly amusing. It's fun to read, and it has lots of fun stuff in it, but it doesn't really have the comedic structure to set up gags and punchlines. And I'm pretty sure that's highly intentional.

It is humorous and fun, but in a "The Graduate meets Dennis Miller" kind of way, not a "Spaceballs meets Robot Chicken" kind of way.

And the humor is infectious.

F.H. Zebedee
2007-01-03, 12:28 AM
It's brilliant. I actually enjoy it more than Order of the Stick, I'm ashamed to admit. It's a lighthearted romp that is just plain fun. ORLYs and the Arkenhammer are my personal favorites so far. (I need a T-shirt with that ORLY? panel) It's not D&D, but not everything in life is D&D. As an avid player of FF:Tactics, Fire Emblem, etc, I'm thoroughly enjoying this outing.

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-01-03, 01:00 AM
I... really don't know.

It kinda reminds me of I Love Lucy. I hate the show, but when those in my family who love it are watching the marathons I can't help but find myself guffawing from time to time as I'm passing by.

Same with Erfworld. Some of it cracks me up, but at least as much makes me want to grit my teeth.

D'Artagnan
2007-01-03, 01:14 AM
I've seen much worse, but it's definitely nowhere near OotS.

Deepblue706
2007-01-03, 02:28 PM
"Crude, immoral,vulgar, and senseless"
-Leo Tolstoy (1828-1910) on Shakespeare Erfworld

Bluesilver
2007-01-03, 05:55 PM
Hm. It doesn't "click" for me. Who knows if later on it will, but so far, it hasn't. Sorry!
Yeah, me neither. I don't find it funny and I don't get it.

Retales
2007-01-03, 06:10 PM
I'm propably not getting like 90% of the jokes, but the Crap Golem joke was awesome :D . I'll propably start using it as a phrase :P

Allandaros
2007-01-03, 08:43 PM
"Crude, immoral,vulgar, and senseless"
-Leo Tolstoy (1828-1910) on Shakespeare Erfworld

Whose side are you coming down on - Shakespeare, or Tolstoy?

(I'm liking the Shakespeare perspective. :) )

Baltek Grimm
2007-01-03, 09:32 PM
I think Erfold is funny... but i think, that you have to wait until a few pages are ready. The reason for that is, that the jokes will build up over a few pages of the comic and the story will be revealed very slow (until now). But we will see what the next pages are going to give us...

Legendary
2007-01-03, 09:39 PM
I think it's good. Not great, but not exactly average either. It hasn't made me laugh out loud much, (twice, maybe) but I enjoy it. And I'm gonna keep reading.

ClericofPhwarrr
2007-01-04, 04:30 AM
Unlike some people here, I like how the humor is drawn from so many sources. It's like there's something meant for everyone. Don't know what flaking is? Perhaps the O RLYs will amuse you. Or maybe you've heard about Hoffa.

And I for one enjoy looking up what people are talking about, and THEN letting the joke hit me.

Penguinizer
2007-01-04, 04:40 AM
In my opinion its good (silent laugh funny) but not laugh out loud hilarious.

Vorkuta
2007-01-04, 09:19 AM
OK, I've read every strip thusfar in an effort to make sure my opinion was as broadly based as possible, but aside from a few minor chuckles (I can't really remember about what, sorry!) I have to say I'm not a huge fan. I might still read it though, in efforts to understand it a bit better, and there are some things I like about it (and who doesn't need another webcomic?)

The pros:
- The world is unique. It's definitely different and fresh.
- The artwork is some of the best I've seen. Action packed, cute, clear, unique, love it.

The cons:
- I only understand some of the colloquialisms (sp?). This isn't necessarily a criticism, as me not understanding something doesn't make it bad, just me stupid, maybe. :)
- I think the "world" draws from a few too many only-slightly-related themes. This makes it seem a bit disjointed, and even with the jokes I DO get, I have trouble jumping from one to another. Looking at the "gwiffons" now, after reading forum material, I do understand that they are marshmallow peeps. I didn't get that the first 10 times I saw them, I regret to say. Why? I think it's because I couldn't fathom why a peep would be in a RPG comic. The "orly" thing completely escaped me until I read about it here, and again, I don't know how this contributes to the "funnyness" of the comic, but again, this is probably just a personal preference thing.

Making a webcomic successful is a difficult thing, made more difficult by basing it on a narrow fan-base. This isn't a bad thing, but if you'll indulge me for a moment, let's take:

1) PVPonline: Theme is gaming culture, especially as regards to publication. This is a topic just about every geek knows about, so the fan-base is huge. There aren't a lot of "WTF?" moments.

2) OotS: Theme is D&D parody. This makes it a narrower niche than PVPonline, but wide enough to still have a fairly large fan-base. A few WTF moments, but all are quite easily explained.

3) Erfworld: Theme is... satire of... assorted relatively obscure gaming/pop-culture... "stuff"? This makes it the smallest niche of these 3 examples, and therefore there's a relatively generous amount of people who "don't get it."

Now, none of that means that Erfworld is "wrong" or "bad". For all I know, the author may not care whether his/her comic has mass appeal or not, I run an on-line "game" that appeals to a certain subset, and I understand it's not for everybody. No harm, no foul.

On a somewhat related note, I also must comment on a certain sensitivity to criticism I'm noting in some of the posts below... maybe some of the criticism was a bit blunt, but I know that personally, as a developer, feedback, good or bad, is welcome, as long as it contains useful information and isn't needlessly inflamatory.

I think the author would find this especially useful this early in Erfworld's "game", when he/she actually has some wiggle-room to use it, if he/she chooses to. None of that sensitivity was on the part of the author, that I could tell, I must say, but in people who thought Erfworld was being "attacked" in some way. I think opinions, good, bad or ugly, at this point should be welcome, but of course, that is also just an opinion. :smallsmile:

Ulicus
2007-01-13, 03:45 AM
At first, I thought it was absolutely dire yet, when I came back to it a week later and read through it, everything just... clicked somehow.

I think it's pretty darn hilarious now.

The_Old_Fox
2007-01-13, 04:31 AM
it is funny, not in the beat you over the head with a punchline funny, kind but the kinda of funny that comes from the situation and all the little things.

Medieve
2007-01-13, 02:28 PM
I definitely enjoy it for the little things. The few jokes I miss don't phase me at all and I think the unique world that erfwood comes in is just awe-inspiring. The moment I realized that all of the spell casters were called -mancers I was just laughing my head off.

r23r5
2007-01-14, 12:04 PM
i dont like it as much now than befor,

Taffer
2007-01-14, 08:14 PM
The problem for me is that jokes like the orlies seem somewhat lazy. Woohoo, you managed to bring an (somewhat) annoying internet meme to a webcomic. Truly, the pinnacle of humor. I do like the art of Erfworld itself, and some of the small touches are interesting, but it just feels like it is trying to hard for my tastes.

Xerillum
2007-01-14, 08:18 PM
meh. that's all I have to say.

KithKunabi
2007-01-15, 08:34 AM
Erfwolrd isn't as funny as OoTS, but then again, OoTS is supposed to be funny, it's mostly the main point.

Efworld is something more serious... a point which is often lost amid swarms of Teddy-golems and baby toys. It's funny... but the funniness is often in the background, or small lines of dialogue, because it humor is not what the creators focus on producing. It's a bit like the real world.... not always a barell of laughs, but there's often an occasion for amuesment.

While it's not as funny, I'd say Erfowrld is just as enjoyable.

onasuma
2007-01-15, 01:30 PM
I quite like it but so far it hasn't clicked for me, hopefully now that we're into the, Drum role please, plot, (thats funny cause its in the latest strip), i will start to pick up

Jorkens
2007-01-15, 03:36 PM
The problem for me is that jokes like the orlies seem somewhat lazy. Woohoo, you managed to bring an (somewhat) annoying internet meme to a webcomic. Truly, the pinnacle of humor.
I've had varied feeling about the Orlies. Initially it seemed like another quite good silly throwaway reference - like the minty mountains, Prince Ansom, Wanda Firebaugh and so on. The actual "O RLY?" panel seemed a bit unneccessary - I don't know how many people hadn't got the joke until that panel and then suddenly slapped their thighs and went "Aaaaaaah I see - it's the O RLY owl! Ha ha!" But then the death scene "OMGWTFBBQ / PWNED" was a nice touch.

I guess that I thought Orlies were - like a number of the jokes in Erfworld - a funny idea but not in a 'badum - tss' sort of way, and the "O RLY" panel was trying to find rimshot moment that wasn't there...

Erk
2007-01-15, 08:26 PM
I think the O RLY panel was amusing just because it fit the comic: it did not feel tacked on... she called her orlies to take off, they looked up and called their catchphrase, and up they went. We all knew it was coming panels in advance, and the buildup made it amusing when it hit. Maybe not LOL funny, but amusing.

I love Erfworld immensely. I found myself getting into it from the first comics posted. However, I would not say it is "funny", not in the sense that OOTS or Penny Arcade are funny. What I find interesting is that the reactions we are getting to it are almost the same as the reactions to a major comic with cerberus syndrome (http://www.websnark.com/archives/2004/09/faq_lexicon.html). In a way it is like a cerberus syndrome for OOTS, I think, because OOTS fans are assuming Erfworld is going to be the same style of comic, and the silly turn-based strategy world reinforces that... but it is not the same kind of world. It is serious people carrying out a serious mission in a very silly place; pretty much the opposite of, say, OOTS. The place is silly and lightens the story (good thing. There are too many "ooh dark forboding" stories in this vein, and that is tedious), and holy crap is it ever original. I don't think in the long run it will harm Erfworld to be hosted on GITP, but in the shortrun I think that is why it is getting such flak. It is a very different story, and diehard fans of OOTS will not necessarily like it. I can't think of any webcomics with a similar style... the closest I can come to is platinum grit (http://www.platinumgrit.com), and that is still very different.

I am digressing. Doh, sorry, I have a flu and I am a bit scatterbrained.

Erfworld is not funny. It makes me laugh sometimes and smile most of the time, and it is definitely humourous, but on the whole it is not funny, nor intended to be that way. I'm not sure the best term for the humour. "Cerebral" sounds pretentious (and crap golems are not cerebral), and "subtle" is not strictly accurate (O RLY was not particularly subtle). It is multifaceted, I suppose, but the majority of it is not a particularly in-your-face humour. I guess the best word for it is "dry". It is incredibly dry, and I find it incredibly witty.

Kudos to the creators. To the detractors, my advice: don't read it for a few weeks. Let it hit strip 30 or so and come back to it, and then say what you think. Erfworld is clearly still revealing itself... the last 3 comics have diverged hugely from the first 13.

Taffer
2007-01-15, 08:40 PM
I'm not so sure I would refer to it as "dry" as much as I would say "lost". Not that the humor isn't there but that the comic hasn't seemed to settle on what the humor should be. Should it be neat, subtle humor like the Hoffa/Livingston magic words? Or should it be pop culture absurdity ala the Elvis Titans or the O RLY owls, perhaps target the Adult Swim audience? I have no doubt that once the comic finds its voice I will enjoy it. But until then, I'll just follow for the plot and see how it goes.

Erk
2007-01-15, 08:43 PM
I don't find it lost; to me, anyway, the different types of humour make it multilevelled. Some days a poop joke or a funny sound effect, some days a well-couched historical reference or barely noticeable quirk in the background. I find almost all of them interesting, and I even like most of the jokes that I don't get until after research. To me, it seems like a matter of taste.

Look at how many different types of humour are employed by Monty Python, Terry Pratchett, or Douglas Adams. Sure, they all have a distinct style (as does erfworld, though it has not had time to be fully realised yet), but they all employ numerous types of joke within that style.

aanimo
2007-01-15, 08:46 PM
It isn't laugh out loud funny, but it is enjoyable.

The Dirge
2007-01-15, 09:12 PM
It has its moments like the 'Plot' sound affect but otherwise it seems like the deliberately made it bad to be funny but went a bit too far.

Jorkens
2007-01-15, 09:14 PM
It has its moments like the 'Plot' sound affect but otherwise it seems like the deliberately made it bad to be funny but went a bit too far.
Out of interest, bad in what way?

whmice
2007-01-16, 04:45 PM
the best thing that happened to me in the past month
:D

Ganjuu-kun
2007-01-16, 10:26 PM
Erfwood is ok right now, but i think there needs to be time for the plot to develop before we can really judge the humor.

appleavengergrl
2007-01-17, 12:33 AM
While i think the art work is amazing (kinda reminds me of viewtiful joe) i have to say i don't find it laugh out loud hilarious, and i gave up as the story didn't suck me in. Maybe i'm dumb and need my humour explained to me, but I couldn't get into the story at all. But when you pose the question is X funny, you're really asking what people find funny in general. And what their notion of funny is. Some people love slapstick/scatalogical/date movie humour. I can't stand it. Some people love darker sarcasm. You could argue for hours on what is funny since it's all a matter of taste. Plus this is an opinion poll so sledging others for having an opinion is really bad form. Meanwhile i like that the playground has expanded, some of us get to play on the slide, some of us prefer the monkey bars, and who knows maybe a new swing set will show up and there will be something for everyone.

Lets all play nice shall we?

Maurog
2007-01-17, 07:59 AM
Google me this...

FUNNY
amusing: arousing or provoking laughter;
curious: beyond or deviating from the usual or expected;
fishy: not as expected;
funny story: an account of an amusing incident (usually with a punch line);
experiencing odd bodily sensations;
As I see it, even if you are not into Erfworld at all, it still falls into at least one out of five definitions of "funny".

Zweee
2007-01-17, 07:54 PM
I'm still waiting for something funny to happen. So far I havn't been impressed but I suppose it just needs more time for the plot to develop.

Softmints
2007-01-18, 12:47 PM
Now that the comic is gaining length, I am starting to see more of the humour. Rich said this would be so, and it comes true.

Wallyz
2007-01-18, 03:05 PM
Now that the comic is gaining length, I am starting to see more of the humour. Rich said this would be so, and it comes true.

All hail the Rich.

Cardinal
2007-01-22, 06:28 AM
sorry, I love OotS - but this... not even a grin...:smallfrown:

myeerah
2007-01-27, 02:09 PM
A bit of a slow start, but I see it gaining in humor with every episode.

Of course, I'm biased. I'm a huge PartiallyClips fan. :smallbiggrin:

Not a Paladin
2007-01-27, 02:55 PM
I rather like Erfworld. It keeps getting funnier. The censorship is ingenious, and Stanley's "I am a tool!" line was hilarious.

Tsonn
2007-01-27, 03:39 PM
Well, I registered just to say: it's my kind of humour. Huzzah for Erfworld :smallsmile:

Zephra
2007-01-27, 03:53 PM
I think some of it is verry funny, and like it better now that the plot is starting to come together.

Green Bean
2007-01-27, 04:04 PM
I was uncertain, but decided to wait until it picked up speed until I started posting on it. I have to admit, I'm glad I did. It's really brought the laughs the psat few episodes, and I can see what Rich saw in it.

Sewer_Bandito
2007-01-27, 05:52 PM
It's made me laugh approximately once since it started, and grin a few times. I don't really care though, it's got a freakin' awesome story, great art, and most importantly, Wanda, which is all I really need to keep reading it. :smallwink: