PDA

View Full Version : Nexus [Nexus] The Black Dragon's Den XI

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Artemis97
2013-09-01, 10:49 PM
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h107/sjunderw/Other/Den.png

This old warehouse by the docks and on the edge of the city slums has numerous secret passageways and tunnels leading to it. When you walk in, either from the street or below, you see a freshly cleaned interior that actually looks somewhat welcoming, however, as a seedy hive of smugglers, pirates, and home of the local wererat assassin guild; this is a rough place to have a drink.

The back half of the building has been converted into a set of rooms, used by those who need a bit of privacy, whether to have a private card game, hold a secret meeting, or just to get away from the world while enjoying a dose of some of the more exotic items the Den serves. We don't care what you do here, just don't leave a mess. Just keep in mind, the walls are a little thin back there, and can be listened through (or busted through), so be careful.

The gambling scene is lively here, with craps, three-dragon ante, and darts, among other things. There are certainly not knife-fights held in the ring in the basement. Come early for a ringside seat. Gambling is permitted. Anyone caught betting against themselves will be killed, or worse. So don't do it.

The servers are all NPC goblins. They are: Blackeye, Hooktooth, and Daggernose.
The cook is a goblin woman named Sicklewort.
The NPC bouncer is Gnarl, the orc.

Floorplan:http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/8938/sdenfloorplan3.png
The menu is as follows:

Drinks

Common Drinks
All the common drinks are available in an extremely wide range of qualities, brands, and prices. Just remember- you pay for what you get.

Absinthe
Ale
Beer
Brandy
Coffee
Hard Cider
Kumis (Fermented milk)
Mead
Rum
Tea
Tequila
Vodka
Whiskey
Wine

Specialty Drinks
The specialty drinks are either crafted here or ordered specially from other sources. Normally they are higher class and more palatable, but that is not always the case...
Black Shadow-
A strong concoction guaranteed to send a chill down your spine at any temperature.
Damned Soul Nectar-
Yummy. Damned souls. Perfect for demons, devils, or anyone else lacking a conscience.
Devil Brew-
It tastes good, though drinking it will gradually corrupt your soul to evil.
Drow Spiderblood Wine-
A specialty drow wine with a strong bite, and a hint of spider venom. Alcohol isn't the only thing you have to worry about when drinking it... but it does taste good.
Firewine-
This wine is created in a way that literally leaves the top simmering and flaming. Only recommended to those who have a good fire resistance. However, it is extremely warm and has a fairly sweet taste.
Frenzywater-
You want to know what it is like to see red? Frenzywater will having you raging like a barbarian.
Goblin Thudrud Beer-
A favorite of goblins... but described by others as smelling like a rotten, flaming cow.
Hearth Brew Mead
This is a sweet mead with raspberries, rhubarb and some kind of ingredient that makes you feel warm when you drink it.
Ichor Liquor-
A mixture of blood and alcohol made especially for our vampiric friends. It can be served neat, on the rocks, or specially heated to 98.6 F.
Liquid Agony-
A drink brewed and distilled from the agony of victims, and quite sweet and tasty, but very addictive.
Mindflayer Mead-
A special brew for those squid-headed fellows. Also appropriate for Zombies, or anyoen else who likes the taste of brains.
Mushroom Wine
An Underdark drink fermented from mushrooms. It has a good deal of sugar added to it and tastes sweet, but may cause hallucinations...
Orc Kragg Liquor-
Strong. Disgusting. Manly.
Poisonbite Cocktail-
This brew is mixed of several poisons and rum. It induces extreme euphoria, and will drain the drinker's strength and mental capacities for a day or so.
Rat Mead-
This foul concoction is meant more for drinking games, and less for taste. You'll need a strong stomach to keep it down.

Other

Food
Like the drinks, the food ranges in quality and price... the menu is currently under improvement.
Bread-
Crusty, burnt, soggy, or rotten. It's not your choice. A better bakery is "under construction" in the back. Thanks to a newly built brick oven, the bread is actually quite good now, baked fresh daily.
Dragon Steak-
This tender, extremely tasty steak is excellently prepared, but its source is undisclosed...
Fish of the Day-
The catch of the day, or yesterday... be sure to specify "fresh."
Puffer fish liver-
Tetrodotoxin, anyone? Extreme poison is ahead.
Soup-
Most common soups are available, but pay for what you want, or you'll get something else. Served in a bread bowl.

Mushrooms
Our mushrooms are well acclaimed for their taste and subtle poisons. If you have enemies, make sure they you didn't get something other than what you asked for...
Amanita-
A hallucinogenic mushroom that is fairly toxic. May cause nausea, sensory distortions, mood changes, and loss of equilibrium. Retrograde amnesia frequently results following recovery. Serious poisonings cause delirium, seizures, or comas.
Chanterelle-
An edible but unremarkable mushroom. Available pickled or dried.
Lorchel-
Also known as false morels (due to similarity in appearance), eating these raw results in extreme liver failure or death. Properly prepared, however, they are quite delicious. Available both raw and parboiled (properly prepared).
Morchella-
Also known as morels, these very prized and tasty mushrooms are available raw.
Omphalotus-
This mushroom looks the same as the Chanterelle. It is extremely appealing in smell and appearance, but has a mild toxicity that will lead to vomiting and cramps.
Oyster-
Unlike other mushrooms, this one has no confusing look alikes, and is prized for that quality alone. Served raw or stuffed.
Porcini-
Also known as Boletus ("superior"), the porcini is highly regarded and is served raw or sautéed with butter.
Portabello-
While edible, this is either described as plain or only slightly sweet. Available raw or stuffed.
Psilocybin-
This mushroom is famed for its hallucinogenic effects, while lacking dangerous toxins. Available raw and dried.
Shiitake-
These mushrooms are normally added to ordered soups. Available dried or raw.

Drink Additives
Buy them for your drink, or for someone else's drink... everything goes here.
Doze Pill-
A combination of magical energies and herbs guaranteed to put the drinker to sleep in a few minutes.
Hanger's Drop-
Ask for this in someone's drink to put them six feet under. Commonly means poison, though other methods can be bought depending on the target.
Happy Juice-
As seen in Malleo's shop. Turns the hair pink, and makes the drinker extremely happy.
Wonder Trip-
A mixture of magic and poison that causes extreme hallucinations and delirium which are not directly harmful or toxic.

Other Additives are available, you just have to ask.

Other Drugs
If it doesn't get you drunk, and it isn't a mushroom... we still sell it.
Arhtorvin
A gray powder made by different magic plants, Arthorvin is extremely calming. It is ingested, and numbs emotions and reactions.
Baccaran
A paste made of numerous, undisclosed substances, this is a mild hallucinogen that becomes more powerful as it is used in repetition and increased dosage.
Dreammist
This drug is formed into a tea, and then the vapors are inhaled. It causes incredibly beautiful and wonderful hallucinations that make the world seem dull in comparison. Overdose is extremely debilitating, as is directly drinking the substance.
Devilweed
A tobacco-like substance that is moderately addictive and makes the smoker skittish and more easily confused. Users enjoy it because it glazes over the memories of whatever happens during its effective.
Luhix
A powder made from plants grown in the abyss. It is sprinkled on self inflicted wounds- initially it causes intense pain, then numbs the body entirely. It is one of the most addictive substances known amongst the planes, but overdosing even a little may cause terrible, painful death.
Mertoran Leaf
This leaf is dried and treated. It is not very addictive, but it is cheap, popular, and boosts confidence. Ingested, not smoked.
Redflower Leaves
These leaves are only moderately addictive, but are known to give a boost to hand-eye coordination, making them popular among those who often engage in knife tossing or dart throwing. They are consumed raw and chewed.
Sannish
This blue liquid is made out of unknown ingredients and causes euphoria. It has a tendency to stain flesh and anything else it touches. Overdosing causes intense numbness.

This is by no means the limit of what we can get our hands on, just ask and we'll see what we can do.

Games
As a new addition to the Black Dragon's Den, there is a back room where all kinds of gaming take place. Goblins generally oversee the games and make sure things are fair... but everyone here can be bribed. Best to keep an eye on things yourself.

Card Games
-Coming Soon-

Dice Games
We provide all of the dice used here... unless you slip them out of our sleeve. "Better" dice can be bought with a quiet word and a few coin, though we don't provide protection from those who find out that you've used them.

Coin Pass
This is a simple dice game played with a pair of six sided dice, and is generally best with four or more players.
Each player puts out two coins (generally one type of coin is chosen, copper, silver, gold, or platinum) and then, in turn, each player rolls the dice.
If a player rolls a one, they take one of their coins and place it in the pot.
If a player rolls a six, they take one of their coins and pass it to the person on the left. This continues until only one player has coins, at which time they take the pot.
If a player has no coins left, they have one round to wait for someone to pass them a coin (by roll of a six), after which they can buy their way back in. You can only buy your way back into a game once.

Serpent's Eyes
This game is played with a pair of six sided dice, and a game board in the shape of the world serpent.
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h107/sjunderw/Other/Serpenteye.png
Before the game begins, the number of rounds to play are determined, though the game may end ahead of time, or when one player runs out of coins/chips. Generally people play with a large number of rounds (double digits).
A round is completed once every player has rolled the dice once.
The dice start with the player closest to the seven on the board.
When a player rolls the dice, he does one of three things.
If he rolls any number 3-11, he places a coin on the corresponding number on the board, or, if the number is already filled with coins, they take the coins off of that number.
If he rolls a 2, he places a coin on every number on the board.
If he rolls a 12, he takes all coins from the board.

Warship
This game is played with five dice for each player. The person who rolls first is normally determined randomly.
The goal of the game is to create the best 'ship', where a 'ship' is a straight formed either forwards (1,2,3) or backwards (3,2,1). To create a straight, you roll the dice, and choose anywhere from 0-3 numbers from them. Your first chosen die is your starting number (IE, a number on either end of a straight), the second die chosen has to be the middle number of your straight, and the third die chosen is the last of your straight.
You have three rolls of the dice to form a straight. Whenever you choose one of these die, you remove it from the dice you roll to get the next number.
The game progresses like this:
1) Each player places an amount of money agreed on when the game starts.
2) Each player rolls the dice once, chooses any dice from their roll that they want, then either adds in the money first agreed on again, or passes from the game, but leaves any money they first bet in the pot (Note that everyone can see what die you have chosen, if you have chosen a die already).
3) Repeat the second step once more, then every player rolls the dice once more, and the person with the ship with the highest straight wins. If someone creates a ship one the first or second roll, they still bet, but do not have to roll until the last round (which is only done in case of ties).

If no one has a straight, the winner is based on the person with the highest number set aside (with only players with dice set aside competing). If there is a tie in highest numbers, they go to the second die set aside (with only players with two dice competing). If there is a tie between set aside die, they proceed with the same process into the dice they last rolled (excluding those set aside)

If two people have the same straight, they compare the numbers rolled on their last turn (not including the ones placed into their "ship"). The person with the highest numbers wins.

The winner takes all money in the pot. Generally, more than one game is played at once.

Other Games
These may be more or less 'games' as such... but are just as entertaining.

Darts
Bet on how well someone will throw, whether they can do it with their eyes closed... with their left hand... or if they can dodge a knife- it's all good. There are a few different dart boards, so any number of rings and scoring areas can be played with.

Knife Fights
We hold knife fights here every once in a while, down in the basement. To surrender or death. Place your bets, folks.
-No current list of PC fighters. Contact management to arrage something 'formal.'

Previous Threads
The Black Dragon's Den (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165827)
The Black Dragon's Den II (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171233)
The Black Dragon's Den III (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174933)
The Black Dragon's Den IV (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180536)
The Black Dragon's Den V (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188036)
The Black Dragon's Den VI (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195805)
The Black Dragon's Den VII (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=206103)
The Black Dragon's Den VIII (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219840)
The Black Dragon's Den IX (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229336)
The Black Dragon's Den X (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243700)

FireFox
2013-09-04, 09:19 PM
I thought it was someone else, but I went ahead and had Rein say it was the same person to sound more impressive. :smalltongue:

"And? I mean, I'm a professional thief. A one of a kind, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire. What did you expect?" He giggles a little at her reaction. "I might not have filled out one of your god forms, but I'm a more than powerful man in my own right."

"Besides, you guys don't know how to keep secrets like I do. Your family didn't even notice I went missing for a year I'm so good at secrets."

... Well since you obviously know all the secrets worth anything, what do you even want the Eye for?

Reinholdt
2013-09-05, 07:50 AM
"Well that's a misleading fallacy if ever I heard one..." :smalltongue:

"Besides, I can think of a thousand and one incredible reasons to use such a device. A million and one ways to exploit it to the detriment of Vulpania and Tobias. Let's just say I find it far too risky to just pass out."

FireFox
2013-09-05, 09:57 AM
So... Wait a minute... Let's get this straight... Callie screws up her face in exaggerated concentration. You... are keeping Vulpania safe... from me?
I give up. She starts to leave, looking like she's not sure if she finds this funny or annoying.

Reinholdt
2013-09-05, 12:20 PM
"Not you my dear." Reinholdt elaborates. "The company you keep."

FireFox
2013-09-05, 06:34 PM
The foxgirl pauses for a moment. Fair enough. I don't want them to even know about it. But, unless stopped, she'll walk out of the room.

Reinholdt
2013-09-05, 06:38 PM
"Aren't you curious about statue girl?" Reinholdt calls out, desperately trying to save this from being a total wipe out.

FireFox
2013-09-05, 06:43 PM
Yeah, be sure to tell me how that turns out. Also, to answer your earlier question... yes. There, not a total wipe out.

Reinholdt
2013-09-05, 06:48 PM
Well that's not awash in mixed feelings and messages!
Rein really expected no less, admittedly.
He smiles warmly at Callie. "I'm glad. See you soon then. I'll be sure to let you know how the pranking turned out."

FireFox
2013-09-05, 06:52 PM
Callie quickly makes her exit before Rein can see her blushing. This way she can at least pretend to be dignified.

Reinholdt
2013-09-05, 06:55 PM
Welp.
There's only one way to react to all this.

That's to get involved with another girl!
>>

Reinholdt pulls screaming statue girl he found in HALO's vault out of his pocket and restores her size, makes sure the back room door is shut, and then uses his stone to flesh wand.

FireFox
2013-09-05, 07:42 PM
Reinholdt is a player! :smalltongue:

The statue is turned into a woman! She's not screaming, but only because her lungs have no air in them. She falls to her knees and gasps like a caught fish.

Reinholdt
2013-09-05, 07:50 PM
YOU LIE!!! LYING!! WHEN WILL THE LIES END?!!

"Take a moment. Deep breaths. You're safe." Reinholdt says, kneeling down by her and checking her over for any injuries he might need to be aware of.

FireFox
2013-09-05, 08:00 PM
There are no external injuries, but when the woman realizes she's naked and alone with a strange man she leaps back before he can touch her. Who are you? Where am I?

Reinholdt
2013-09-05, 08:04 PM
Being naked counts as an obvious injury. Probably the type you should hear about before kneeling nearby. =x

Reinholdt offers her a large blanket for the moment, averting his eyes. "Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire." Reinholdt somehow manages to pull off his flourish. "We're at an inn. I liberated your statue from a treasure vault." Hooray for wealth redistribution!

FireFox
2013-09-05, 08:09 PM
My... my what? She quickly wraps the blanket around herself and tucks in the edge so she has her hands free. Her eyes dart around the room and her feet shift to an evenly balanced position, a fighting stance that doesn't look like a fighting stance.

Reinholdt
2013-09-05, 08:21 PM
"Your statue." Reinholdt emphasizes again.

"The type of thing you'd expect with a medusa from legend. Fortunately, being the incredible Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire that I am, I had a cure. What's the last thing that you remember?" Reinholdt doesn't recognize half of the fighting stances that look like them, let alone one that doesn't.

FireFox
2013-09-05, 08:25 PM
The woman frowns and thinks back. Then her eyes widen with the same horror that was frozen on her face for who knows how long. The dragon! We were fighting a dragon!

Reinholdt
2013-09-06, 04:31 AM
"And did this dragon have statues just like you littering its cave and/or have powerful magic at its disposal?"

FireFox
2013-09-06, 09:42 PM
There weren't any statues, but of course it had powerful magic. She shakes her head slowly.

Reinholdt
2013-09-07, 08:27 AM
"Now that's just racist." Reinholdt proclaims with disdain.

"Does this dragon have a name? Maybe if I do some cross referencing I can find out how many years you've been a statue. Actually, now that I mention it, do you have a name?"

FireFox
2013-09-07, 09:20 AM
I am Wu Mei. After a few more seconds crawl by, it becomes obvious that that is all she is going to tell him. She clearly isn't quick to trust.

Reinholdt
2013-09-07, 09:31 AM
"... Right. The dragon is a nameless fiend who lived thousands of years ago. Welcome to the future then Wu Mei! This is a gun. Don't touch." Reinholdt points over his shoulder with his thumb at his sniper rifle.

"Regardless, we need to get you some proper clothes. How do you feel about t-shirt and jeans?" Reinholdt doesn't have much else that would suffice.

Or doesn't know he does at any rate.

FireFox
2013-09-07, 09:34 AM
I... don't know what those are. But she shrugs. Any clothes at all would be preferable to walking around wrapped in a blanket.

Reinholdt
2013-09-07, 09:38 AM
"Yeeeep. Going to be one of those." Anyways, Reinholdt pulls out the aforementioned clothing out of his hammerspace and offers it to her, as well as turning away if she doesn't find some private place to change. Not that anything's guaranteed to fit. "Guess we're going shopping after this."

FireFox
2013-09-07, 09:55 AM
Wu Mei quickly changes into the clothes and then starts stretching. The shirt seems fine, but she has to roll up the pants legs. A belt would also help.

Reinholdt
2013-09-07, 10:16 AM
Belt? Who uses those?

Fine... Reinholdt gets her a belt once he notices she might need one or she brings it up.

"You some sort of martial artist or brawler?"

FireFox
2013-09-07, 10:23 AM
Belts are great for holding knives and multi-tools and CCW holsters. >.>

Yes, I am a martial artist who practices a style of my own creation. Which is greatly superior to the older Huang style. She proudly states. ... Not that you know what that is.

Reinholdt
2013-09-07, 10:28 AM
"I'm more of a shoot them in the head kind of guy. But I have been taking some martial arts/knife lessons recently. Just in case." Also boredom.

"You ready to go to... the Mall?" Not that you know what that is.

FireFox
2013-09-07, 01:35 PM
Sure, why not? Wu Mei shrugs again.

Reinholdt
2013-09-07, 02:34 PM
"If you don't want clothes, we don't have to go."

Reinholdt says, leading the way to Mallside all the same.

lord pringle
2013-09-14, 03:55 PM
Flynn goes and sits down at the bar and orders himself a fairly nice glass of beer. He's half-singing a song about AMEN to himself and flipping through an old book.

Hattish Thing
2013-09-14, 03:55 PM
Ritz Mckane enters the tavern clad in his Sunday Finest, which is composed of a pin-striped 1920's era suit with an orange vest. He essentially looks exactly like him, (http://www.costumesupercenter.com/s7/mediumlarge/R889114) but with an orange vest instead of red, and albino skin, and he keeps a very classy pencil mustache. His left arm is also missing, the suit sleeve pinned to his shoulder. As the Gangster walks into the tavern, he moves over to the bartender, looking to see if one's nearby. Ey. My name's Ritzy Mckane. Where is the owner of this fiiine establishment? I have a business proposition for him.

Beans
2013-09-14, 04:35 PM
Flynn goes and sits down at the bar and orders himself a fairly nice glass of beer. He's half-singing a song about AMEN to himself and flipping through an old book.
A rather strange, er... lady (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15992747&postcount=876)... scuttles in, her weird spidery leg-things clicking as she takes a seat one seat away from Flynn. She looks the man over (what's he look like?) with her large, glossy yellow eyes.

lord pringle
2013-09-14, 05:08 PM
Flynn (http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/219/6nn.png) looks up from his drink and swivels around on the chair. "Hey," he says to the mysterious spider lady.

Beans
2013-09-14, 06:02 PM
Flynn (http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/219/6nn.png) looks up from his drink and swivels around on the chair. "Hey," he says to the mysterious spider lady.
Hello. She blinks, tilting her head a little and looking him over. She seems a little shy, a bit quiet.

lord pringle
2013-09-14, 06:06 PM
Hello. She blinks, tilting her head a little and looking him over. She seems a little shy, a bit quiet.

Flynn sets his book down and says, "Want me to buy you a drink?"

Beans
2013-09-14, 06:08 PM
She smiles a little, toying with the edge of her overlong sleeve. That would be very kind of you.

lord pringle
2013-09-14, 06:10 PM
He orders a beer. "Is that okay with you?"

Beans
2013-09-14, 06:32 PM
She accepts it readily, nodding. Thank you very much... what is your name?

lord pringle
2013-09-14, 06:39 PM
"Name's Flynn. What's yours?" He smiles and puts a bookmark in his book.

Beans
2013-09-14, 06:47 PM
My name is Nefila. It is nice to meet you. She smiles back, sipping her beer.

lord pringle
2013-09-14, 07:00 PM
"Nice to meet you too. So, what do you do for a living?" Flynn takes a long sip of his beer.

Beans
2013-09-14, 07:12 PM
She blinks. A living? I... don't suppose that I have that. I was banished from my hive yesterday.

lord pringle
2013-09-14, 07:18 PM
She blinks. A living? I... don't suppose that I have that. I was banished from my hive yesterday.

Wow, this is awkward. Flynn grimaces and says, "Oh." He takes a sip and offers, "Maybe I could get you a job where I work?"

Beans
2013-09-14, 07:23 PM
She smiles again, nodding.
That would be very kind, thank you... where do you work?

lord pringle
2013-09-14, 07:26 PM
"Oh, I work at AMEN. I haven't been there in a while though. I went and got this baby." Flynn punctuates his statement by tapping his book.

Beans
2013-09-14, 07:41 PM
What is AMEN? And what is in that book?

lord pringle
2013-09-14, 08:32 PM
"AMEN is a..." Flynn pauses for a second to come up with a response that doesn't make him sound like Snidely Whiplash. "...Political entity, so mostly we do a lot of planning." At the mention of the book, he beams. "This is Jamison Kingston's personal diary! This book has passed through six alternate realities to get here and contains some of the most advanced magic theory and monster hunting techniques known to man! And now, it's all mine! Mwahahaha!" His evil laughter is interrupted when he sneezes. "Sorry, allergies."

Beans
2013-09-14, 08:40 PM
A... political entity, I see. I think it would be good to have a job there. She nods, seemingly unfazed by his theatrics.

lord pringle
2013-09-14, 08:46 PM
"Yeah, most of the people there are pretty nice." He says finishing his drink. "There are a couple jerks, but you know, when aren't there?

Beans
2013-09-14, 08:58 PM
She nods, sipping her beer again. In any group, there are a few undesirables... though I wonder if that makes me an undesirable, seeing as I was in fact banished.

lord pringle
2013-09-14, 09:30 PM
"I doubt it. You seem pretty nice to me." He orders himself another drink.

Beans
2013-09-14, 09:41 PM
She smiles gently. That is very kind, but I have the tattoos to prove it---the yellow markings on my legs, among other things, are not natural.

lord pringle
2013-09-14, 10:05 PM
"And how does being banished make you a bad person? How do you know they aren't the bad people?" Flynn asks.

Beans
2013-09-14, 11:05 PM
She thinks. That is true, but could not both I and my Hive be unpleasant?

lord pringle
2013-09-14, 11:27 PM
"Well, I think you're nice enough. So, unless you have some dark secret you aren't telling me, I think they're the jerks." Flynn takes another drink.

Beans
2013-09-15, 08:12 AM
She giggles softly, still sipping her drink. Well, thank you.

lord pringle
2013-09-15, 12:52 PM
"You're welcome." He finishes off the second glass.

Beans
2013-09-15, 01:55 PM
Where is AMEN, and what sort of work would I be doing there?

lord pringle
2013-09-15, 03:44 PM
"It's over by the volcano. As for what you'd be doing, it depends. What are you good at?" Flynn mentally debates getting a third drink and then decides to just get a roll of bread.

Beans
2013-09-15, 05:35 PM
I am an accomplished climber, I can produce webbing, I am equipped with venomous wrist-spurs filled with numbing poison, and in general I am good at keeping to darkness to remain stealthy and unobtrusive.

lord pringle
2013-09-15, 06:58 PM
"Ooh! Sneaky people! Sneaky is always good. Flynn hiccups and takes a bite of bread.

Beans
2013-09-16, 08:43 AM
Nefila nods. Indeed, that is the skillset of my caste.

lord pringle
2013-09-16, 06:21 PM
"Your... Caste?" Flynn asks. It's obvious that he's drunk now. "Can you cast magic?" He asks nervously

Beans
2013-09-17, 03:50 PM
She shakes her head. No, only the Kahzess can do that... She blinks. Allow me to explain concisely:
My species is divided into seven castes. She pulls out a bit of paper and some pens, drawing little stick-figures in the shape of people of her race.
The red ones are heat-tolerant berserkers.
The blue ones are water-striders and swimmers who try to keep the peace among all the rest of us.
The green ones are razor-legged speedsters, hard to predict.
The white ones are cold-resistant planners.
The brown ones are camouflaging snipers and trackers.
The black ones, like me, are the often-pushed-around thieves in the dark, able to read minds a very limited amount and imitate voices. She ends the sentence with Flynn's voice, then a giggle in her own.
Then there are the higher caste, the Kahzess, who rule us, with no special venom but access to a shadow dimension. They are also the only caste who reproduce regularly; we really don't know where the babies of regular castes come from and they won't tell us.

lord pringle
2013-09-18, 07:24 PM
Flynn just kinda blankly looks in response. "So, you can sound like anyone?" He tilts his head in confusion.

Beans
2013-09-18, 07:55 PM
She nods. Indeed. I am capable of pulling voices from people's minds and imitating those as well, but a strong mind can stop it.

lord pringle
2013-09-18, 07:57 PM
He waves his mug around, "So, you can do magic?"

Beans
2013-09-22, 07:45 AM
I already said I cannot.

lord pringle
2013-09-22, 11:40 AM
"But how can you go into minds without magic?" Flynn orders himself another drink.

The Alexandrian
2013-09-23, 03:19 PM
((Closed Scene))

Character Description:
She is the very model of the modern maiden sensual! She has the cutest smile and a mischievous little devil tail! Her pretty little angel wings are the purest and whitest hue. Tucked away in her back both inconspicuous and ignorable! Her pointy little cat ears animated and adorable! Her fair skin has a light tan that is wonderful and radical. Many folks have lost their heads staring into her baby blues (and if they had a second chance that's not the only thing they'd lose)! Her lips are red as blood and she is naturally voluptuous. Alluring and flirtatious she's the subject of alot of fuss. To sum, if you like excellence both physical and magical she is the very model of the modern maiden sensual! What's more, her purple eyes shine with much radiant intelligence. Her mannerisms playful and lascivious her preference! She has the cutest nose and perfect features (all mammalian)! With teeth like those her diet must consist of things animalian. Her lustrous raven hair magnificent in its simplicity, brushing against the sword that she armed like nobility. That said, she has a thing for vice and for simple common trickery! They say she has no moral problems with sins such as adultery ('cause her curtaintastic talents, when she's not in the least hungry, are attributed directly to the line of her ancestry)! To sum, if you like excellence both physical and magical she is the very model of the modern maiden sensual!

As the veritable angel of ineffable beauty, grace, and debonair confidently saunters into the den, wading through the ignoble criminals and deplorable filth that are the very dregs of the Nexus society, an awed, unnatural silence sweeps across the formerly boisterous crowd assembled here. The lips and tongues of garrulous braggarts are still. The cheering of revelers at once dying to nothingness in but a heartbeat. The despair of the beggarly, bereft of fortune, Fates spitting upon them, torn from all that they held dear and cast into a dangerous alien land with naught but the clothes on their backs vanishes and a stream of radiant, ephemeral hope floods into their hearts that this is not a punishment but an opportunity to begin life anew.

A minute elapses, and again, the room is abuzz with mirth and merriment, though she is not forgotten. Try as the patrons of the tavern might, the slurred words of their amusing conversations apropos of this and that inevitably lead to one topic and one topic alone. Her.

Of her, they know nothing, and so they embellish, as characters of their nature are wont to do when they desire seem to know and a lie might make them a king and all others their thralls if their "truth" is never challenged. Like an contagious and baneful disease, odious rumors of her alleged romantic conquests spread. How she, like Helen of Troy, drove men mad or plunged her world into the maw of chaos. She, the fabled instrument of Eris. How she only appeared in the presence of the greatest of warriors and how she rewarded the influential, the strong, and the wise. She, the consort of the regent and of the champion. How she, like a succubus, preyed upon the hapless fools who fell victim to her salacious features and her bewitching smile. She, the promiscuous predator.

These false shepherds and their sheep invent a dozen names and thrice as many tales for her, none of which even faintly resemble her own.

So occupied are they with enhancing the "truth" and convincingly speaking of things they know not of in fact that nobody takes notice when Khyli, for that is the hot angel-demon's name, stealthily slips into a secluded booth at the far side of the den, far, far, far away from the unsolicited attention she would have continued to draw to herself and the dozens of free likely drugged drinks that would no doubt eventually accompany it. This isn't one of her usual haunts. It isn't as comfortable or low-profile as she is accustomed to, but she is starving and this was the nearest restaurant, according to her cell phone. One of her hands rests near a pouch of throwing knives clipped onto the belt wrapped around her waist just in case as her other hand slips into the pocket of her black jeans and she withdraws a wallet from within. Purses are just too easily stolen or cut in dives like this (and she should know as swiped wallets out of at least three purses while everyone was conveniently distracted with disrespectfully chattering about her).

Beans
2013-09-23, 04:02 PM
"But how can you go into minds without magic?" Flynn orders himself another drink.

"Psionics." She shrugs, sipping her beer.

Arkhosia
2013-09-23, 05:19 PM
A female half-elf with a dark red ponytail and green eyes enters the bar and sits down at a random seat, introducing herself to whoever is occupying the seat next to her.

((Open Interaction))

Devixer
2013-09-23, 05:30 PM
The person next to her happens to be a woman in reinforced leather armor, with a steel helmet on the bar in front of her. She's clearly an aasimar, if the half-elf knows what those are, with very pale skin and eyes that gleam like sapphires. "Good day."

Arkhosia
2013-09-23, 05:38 PM
Hello, I'm Valia.[ Pleased to meet you.
Valia turns to the waiters
May I please have some bread and whiskey?

Devixer
2013-09-23, 06:08 PM
"My name is Imesah," the woman says. Oddly enough for someone at the Dragon's Den, she's just drinking water, and doesn't look to be nursing a hangover.

Arkhosia
2013-09-23, 06:13 PM
Nice to meet you, Imesah. What do you do for a living?

Reinholdt
2013-09-23, 08:23 PM
You leave for a few days and suddenly the place is booming with business. It's almost as if your very presence drives off customers Reinholdt.

Ah well. You still like it here and it is still less crowded than Trog's.

Flaming Hawt human Reinholdt enters, solid pink eyes scanning the room as his hands adjust the strap holding his sniper rifle on his back. He quickly finds a seat and orders some coffee. He notes quite a lot of chatter and does his best to start listening in on various conversations, picking up interesting tidbits here and there, even if only from NPCs.

5a Violista
2013-09-23, 08:27 PM
Also, someone who enters is a woman who's dressed like a pirate-poet. (She's actually a dragon, though.) She also has a Pokeball, attached to near where her sword is.

She goes over to where the darts are and begins playing, throwing knives at various things.

((If you want to talk to her and don't want to get up, then I can have her stop playing.))

Reinholdt
2013-09-23, 08:34 PM
Reinholdt doesn't have to as he's sitting right near the dart playing area. Not in a position to get a dart thrown at him, of course. More the throwing line.

"What on earth's that thing?" Reinholdt asks, pointing at the pokeball.

Fun fact! Ghar's pokemon person had a chance to catch Reinholdt as a pokemon when he was in cat form, but didn't take it.

5a Violista
2013-09-23, 08:39 PM
She, Alvilda, stops throwing knives for a moment so she can answer.

She looks down at her Voltorb. "It's called...a Pokerman, or something, I think." She never really did learn the correct pronunciation. "Its name is Evil Doll."

She throws another knife. Oh, how she wishes it could explode or catch fire in mid-air. That would be so cool.

Reinholdt
2013-09-23, 08:42 PM
That would be kinda cool. Probably overdoing it for a dart board though.

"... Evil Doll? Well that's really creepy. Is it just that then? Some sort of evil doll? Is that what pokermon are?"

Gnrlshrimp
2013-09-23, 08:48 PM
Somewhat nervously, a young woman makes her way into the Den.

This wretched hive of scum and villainy is not the sort of place she'd normally enter, but she has no idea where to go. Surely someone here can be of some help to her, right?

She makes her way over to the bar, taking care to avoid having her pale white dress catch on anything. Though it clears the ground by a good few inches, there is still a good deal of fabric that could easily snag on something and be torn. Her outfit would suggest that she's someone fairly well-off, though the dress has a rather faded look to it, and she stumbles slightly on her shoes as if they are in need of replacing, suggesting she may have fallen on hard times...

One white gloved hand reaches up to flick a loose strand of her pale blonde hair out of the way while her other reaches down into her handbag, taking out a purse that has precious few coins in it. The ladies' hair is perhaps her most interesting feature, being such a pale colour that one might almost think it as white as her dress would be...were it in a better condition.

With a quite, timid voice, she addresses the nearest bartender. "I...I would like a drink, please. N-nothing too strong though..." She is passed a menu and starts looking through it, jumping slightly and looking around as if thinking someone had touched her for a moment.

Gullara
2013-09-23, 08:48 PM
((Closed Scene))

Character Description:
She is the very model of the modern maiden sensual! She has the cutest smile and a mischievous little devil tail! Her pretty little angel wings are the purest and whitest hue. Tucked away in her back both inconspicuous and ignorable! Her pointy little cat ears animated and adorable! Her fair skin has a light tan that is wonderful and radical. Many folks have lost their heads staring into her baby blues (and if they had a second chance that's not the only thing they'd lose)! Her lips are red as blood and she is naturally voluptuous. Alluring and flirtatious she's the subject of alot of fuss. To sum, if you like excellence both physical and magical she is the very model of the modern maiden sensual! What's more, her purple eyes shine with much radiant intelligence. Her mannerisms playful and lascivious her preference! She has the cutest nose and perfect features (all mammalian)! With teeth like those her diet must consist of things animalian. Her lustrous raven hair magnificent in its simplicity, brushing against the sword that she armed like nobility. That said, she has a thing for vice and for simple common trickery! They say she has no moral problems with sins such as adultery ('cause her curtaintastic talents, when she's not in the least hungry, are attributed directly to the line of her ancestry)! To sum, if you like excellence both physical and magical she is the very model of the modern maiden sensual!

As the veritable angel of ineffable beauty, grace, and debonair confidently saunters into the den, wading through the ignoble criminals and deplorable filth that are the very dregs of the Nexus society, an awed, unnatural silence sweeps across the formerly boisterous crowd assembled here. The lips and tongues of garrulous braggarts are still. The cheering of revelers at once dying to nothingness in but a heartbeat. The despair of the beggarly, bereft of fortune, Fates spitting upon them, torn from all that they held dear and cast into a dangerous alien land with naught but the clothes on their backs vanishes and a stream of radiant, ephemeral hope floods into their hearts that this is not a punishment but an opportunity to begin life anew.

A minute elapses, and again, the room is abuzz with mirth and merriment, though she is not forgotten. Try as the patrons of the tavern might, the slurred words of their amusing conversations apropos of this and that inevitably lead to one topic and one topic alone. Her.

Of her, they know nothing, and so they embellish, as characters of their nature are wont to do when they desire seem to know and a lie might make them a king and all others their thralls if their "truth" is never challenged. Like an contagious and baneful disease, odious rumors of her alleged romantic conquests spread. How she, like Helen of Troy, drove men mad or plunged her world into the maw of chaos. She, the fabled instrument of Eris. How she only appeared in the presence of the greatest of warriors and how she rewarded the influential, the strong, and the wise. She, the consort of the regent and of the champion. How she, like a succubus, preyed upon the hapless fools who fell victim to her salacious features and her bewitching smile. She, the promiscuous predator.

These false shepherds and their sheep invent a dozen names and thrice as many tales for her, none of which even faintly resemble her own.

So occupied are they with enhancing the "truth" and convincingly speaking of things they know not of in fact that nobody takes notice when Khyli, for that is the hot angel-demon's name, stealthily slips into a secluded booth at the far side of the den, far, far, far away from the unsolicited attention she would have continued to draw to herself and the dozens of free likely drugged drinks that would no doubt eventually accompany it. This isn't one of her usual haunts. It isn't as comfortable or low-profile as she is accustomed to, but she is starving and this was the nearest restaurant, according to her cell phone. One of her hands rests near a pouch of throwing knives clipped onto the belt wrapped around her waist just in case as her other hand slips into the pocket of her black jeans and she withdraws a wallet from within. Purses are just too easily stolen or cut in dives like this (and she should know as swiped wallets out of at least three purses while everyone was conveniently distracted with disrespectfully chattering about her).

"They really are a bother, aren't they." Someone says as he steps closer. The person in question is a moderately handsome individual. Certainly not matching her own supernatural charms, but he's nice to look at. Not to mention he dresses rather well with a white shirt and black waistcoat and pants. He's a tiefling by all appearances. Slightly reddish brown skin, red cat's eyes, slightly sharp fingertips, and pointed teeth. No tail for him, though. "I hope you done mind some company, though. Can I order you a drink?"

5a Violista
2013-09-23, 08:50 PM
Someone should make one, though.

"I think there's more kinds of these Poker-men," Alvilda the Pirate says. "I met a woman who had one that was a giant bug made of rocks." Another knife thrown. "There's probably some fire ones, too. I haven't seen them," but she really wants to (as she throws another knife), "but there was a burnt-out building once. Apparently, if you throw a ball at them, they become your slaves or something."

Reinholdt
2013-09-23, 08:57 PM
"WHAT?! That's horrible!" :smalleek:

Reinholdt was all nodding in a vaguely understanding way until that very last part.

5a Violista
2013-09-23, 09:01 PM
Alvilda shrugs. "That's just what someone else told me."

She stops throwing knives so the next shady character can do it. She goes to sit by Reinholdt. "I think they're nice, though." She grabs her Voltorb, and its eyes open (since it's now waking up). "See?"

"It likes rolling around, shooting lightning, exploding, and catching fire."

Artemis97
2013-09-23, 09:03 PM
[Bar]

The goblin behind the bar serves up a glass of golden liquid, Cormyrian Fireamber, from a bottle hidden under the counter. That particular vintage wasn't on the menu, and, in fact the bottle belonged to the Den's owner, but the goblin figured the drow wouldn't mind. He was always taking on charity cases, and the poor woman looked like she could use something to warm her up.

A young man sat at the bar nearby, sipping something dark from a tall glass. He was dressed in loose fitting clothes in shades of smoke and charcoal. His black hair was close cropped, an even length. One would guess he had recently been shaved bald. The man looks up at her when she speaks, his dark eyes kind and curious. When she jumps, he asks "Is everything alright, miss?"

Reinholdt
2013-09-23, 09:03 PM
"So... you can command it and it does whatever you want it to do?" Reinholdt asks, eying the voltorb cautiously. All three of those last things would be bad for his health. Particularly exploding.

"Wouldn't it die if it explodes?"

5a Violista
2013-09-23, 09:09 PM
"It just does that because it likes doing it. If I asked Evil to do something it didn't like - swimming, for example, or climbing up rocks - then it wouldn't do it." That seems simple and straightforward enough for Alvilda.

"It likes exploding, though. So it does it. Look, I don't understand how it works; it just does it. Like a Cannon-ball. Cannon-balls don't die when they explode, do they? No, of course not. It must be come sort of robotic thing, though, 'cause robots can explode and still repair themselves."

Gnrlshrimp
2013-09-23, 09:09 PM
[Bar]

The peculiar liquid is inspected cautiously for a moment. She lifts the glass up, takes a sniff, and hesitantly sips it.

And then someone talks to her. She flinches, coughs, and chokes on her drink for a moment. The glass is quickly put down and she quickly turns to face him. "Uh, what? Oh, y-yes. Yes! Of course! I-I'm quite alright, thank you. Really." A blatant lie, her quivering voice makes it painfully obvious that she is not at all fine. Her eyes focus on the floor, unable to look the man in the eye.

Reinholdt
2013-09-23, 09:15 PM
Hmm... I guess Reinholdt's crusade to free all the pokemon slaves will have to wait.
For now.

"Yeah, but the cannonballs stop existing. So this... Evil Doll is self repairing? The power of regeneration?"

The Alexandrian
2013-09-23, 09:21 PM
Intriguing... This chap sparks Khyli's curiosity! With a raised eyebrow, Khyli appraises him, looking him up and down then down and up with her brilliant blue eyes, head tilted ever so slightly to the left, before her luscious lips curve into a dazzling smile.

She likes what she sees, and what's more, she likes what she hears.

"Make yourself comfortable, and of course, though I feel that you should be warned beforehand that I take my alcohol pure, without drugs. Now, what's a nice, well-dressed gent like yourself doing in a den of vice and deceit like this, Mister..."

If this handsome man weren't a tiefling, Khyli would postulate that he's attempting to get himself mugged.

5a Violista
2013-09-23, 09:22 PM
Well, I'm sure there's enough Pokemon who are commanded to do things they don't like that they should still be freed.

"Yup," replies Alvilda. "It's pretty cool."

Then, the only thing she can add to that is this: "I wish I had a hand-held cannon, though. That would be so useful." I should have her buy one. It's such a good idea and in-character.

Artemis97
2013-09-23, 09:23 PM
[Bar]

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you." The man apologizes, rubbing the back of his neck. "It's just that you look a bit out of place here and I thought..." He falters and sighs.

"My name's Ciar." He says, extending a hand. "What's yours?"

Gnrlshrimp
2013-09-23, 09:28 PM
[Bar]

With a rather awkward, forced laugh, she shakes his hand. "I am very out of place here, yes. My name is Sahlia. I'm afraid I am rather, um, easily startled at the moment. I've had a very...bad day." Sahlia's voice cracks slightly, and she takes another sip of her drink. "Wasn't sure where to go. What to do. So I came in here in the hope of finding-" She pauses, sniffs, and lets out a faint sob. She slumps on her bar stool, holding her head in her hands, shaking slightly as she cries.

Reinholdt
2013-09-23, 09:29 PM
"You should go to Erin's Emporium and pick up one. It's where I pick up all my hand held explosive devices. They've got a good selection." Reinholdt suggests.

They even have rocket launchers! I know because Rein blew up GLoG's infirmary with it once. >>

Gullara
2013-09-23, 09:31 PM
"Funny that, I prefer my alcohol without drugs too." He tiefling says with a light chuckle. He seats himself across from her and waves down one of the staff to serve them. "You can call me Darrian. You don't have to worry about me; I can handle myself. I expect you could say the same, miss...?"

Artemis97
2013-09-23, 09:37 PM
[Bar]

Oh gods, she's crying. Ciar's eyes go a bit wide in panic. He wasn't used to this. Well, he was, but he was a lot more familiar with that particular person. Strangers were something new.

"Hey... please don't cry. You're safe here. I promise." Though his words start uncertain, his promise is full of conviction. Ciar wouldn't let anything happen to her. She was lucky, too, that the regulars to the Den knew not to prey on helpless women, lest they face the owner's wrath.

Gnrlshrimp
2013-09-23, 09:45 PM
[Bar]

"I-I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I shouldn't cry. It's just they...they-" Sahlia takes a deep breath and another sip of her drink, trying to calm herself down.

She can't just sit here and cry. That won't do her any good.

"I'm safe here? You promise?" She asks, looking at him with a pleading look in her eyes, "Y-you promise?" She asks again, more insistently this time.

Artemis97
2013-09-23, 09:50 PM
[Bar]

"I swear it." Ciar answers, his voice a solid as stone. "I won't let anything bad happen to you. And if you want to talk, I'll listen."

5a Violista
2013-09-23, 09:53 PM
"You should go to Erin's Emporium and pick up one. It's where I pick up all my hand held explosive devices. They've got a good selection." Reinholdt suggests.

They even have rocket launchers! I know because Rein blew up GLoG's infirmary with it once. >>

"You're right; I'll go there ASAP," says the pirate.

((deadtime...))

Gnrlshrimp
2013-09-23, 09:57 PM
[Bar]

This seems to be enough to convince Sahlia...at least for the time being. She finally relaxes slightly, no longer looking so tense that she might spring out of the bar at any moment.

"I don't know if I should talk. I don't know what I should do. I was hoping that someone else would be here, but there's no one. I'm all alone..."

Artemis97
2013-09-23, 10:00 PM
[Bar]

"I'm here." Ciar offers, but even as he says it knows that it isn't enough. "But you were expecting someone else? A friend?"

Gnrlshrimp
2013-09-23, 10:05 PM
[Bar]

"That's very kind of you, Ciar, but I hardly know you." Sahlia smiles sadly, "And I could hardly ask you to help. I was hoping someone else would've made it here, anyone else from the convoy. I know the rest of my...my-" She pauses and takes another deep breath, "I know none of them made it, but some of the guards maybe. I thought perhaps if any survived, they'd come here. Maybe have managed to salvage something."

The Alexandrian
2013-09-23, 10:06 PM
"Miss Khyli. I'm pleased to make your acquaintance."

With a friendly and respectful wave Khyli properly greets Darrian, much more relaxed than she was before thanks to the tiefling's presence. She feels much safer with one of her kind near. Others are more likely not to accost her if she is already in the company of another.

"Aaand I could handle myself, but I prefer to allow others to handle me."

Khyli jokes with a lecherous smirk and a wink.

"Might I ask what it is you do, Darrian?"

Artemis97
2013-09-23, 10:14 PM
[Bar]

"Convoy? You came here with a group? I could try and help you find them. It wouldn't be any trouble." Ciar assures her. "It's kind of what I used to do. Find people. Learn things. Do you know where exactly they were headed? We could start there."

Gnrlshrimp
2013-09-23, 10:18 PM
[Bar]

"I...I don't think so. We were...attacked, Ciar. A band of thieves, they were too many for our guards, and everyone was butchered. In the confusion, I didn't see what happened to all the guards. It was foolish to think anyone survived, though. I just...didn't know what else to do. I thought maybe the one who rescued me might have survived, but I fear not."

Artemis97
2013-09-23, 10:33 PM
[Bar]

Ciar scowls. Stealing was one thing, but to butcher people, it made him angry. His dark eyes flashed red for an instant before he closed them and took in a steadying breath.

"I'm sure some of the others made it." He says opening his eyes. "You escaped. Others must have been able to slip away as well."

Gnrlshrimp
2013-09-23, 10:36 PM
[Bar]

"...I was lucky. I ran for it. Two of them chased me and knocked me down. One of them pinned me to the ground, and the other, he...he started to-" Sahlia coughs and wipes a tear away from her eye, taking a moment to compose herself. "A-anyway, before they could...do anything to me, one of the guards fought them off long enough for me to escape. They ran back towards the convoy as I escaped, and he chased after them."

Artemis97
2013-09-23, 10:43 PM
[Bar]

Ciar takes another calming breath, and another before speking again. "I am deeply sorry that this tragedy fell upon you." His words were formal, but sincere. The man was taking refuge in propriety and ritual in order to avoid the rage that was building inside of him. "Please, let me know if there is anything I can do to help you."

Gnrlshrimp
2013-09-23, 10:47 PM
[Bar]

Anything he could do to help?

What couldn't he do to help?

She's alone, she's got nowhere to stay, she has very little money...

And she's scared. Scared that one of them saw her escape and will pursue her even here and kill her, to make sure she can't talk. Or worse still, finish what he started earlier and then kill her.

Sahlia stares at the glass in front of her for a while, "I'm...scared. Please...please protect me."

Artemis97
2013-09-23, 10:53 PM
[Bar]

He nods. "I can do that. I'll protect you, Sahlia. I promise. I won't let anyone hurt you." Hesitently, he reaches out his hand to hers, not knowing if the gesture would be accepted. If so, however, he will give her hand a reassuring squeeze.

Gnrlshrimp
2013-09-23, 10:57 PM
[Bar]

Sahlia flinches when his hand touches her, she pulls back for a moment, then slowly puts her hand in his and squeezes back. "I...have little to offer, for your protection. I lost everything."

Artemis97
2013-09-23, 11:07 PM
"Don't worry about that." Ciar says, shaking his head. "I don't need money. Just knowing your safe will be enough."

Gnrlshrimp
2013-09-23, 11:14 PM
Such generosity.

Unfortunately Ciar might end up taking it the wrong way when his words make Sahlia start crying again.

Artemis97
2013-09-23, 11:24 PM
[Bar]

Oh goodness, she was crying again. Ciar goes to pat her on the shoulder, but stops, knowing she probably didn't want to be touched. So he sits in awkward silence, turning back to his drink and taking a long swallow, waiting for her to gather herself together and keeping an eye out for possible trouble.

Reinholdt
2013-09-23, 11:37 PM
"You're right; I'll go there ASAP," says the pirate.

((deadtime...))

Reinholdt waits a few moments, half-expecting her to follow through and leave immediately.

But it doesn't seem like that's the case, so Reinholdt moves on to introductions.
"Well I'm Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinare." Rein gives his patented flourish.

Devixer
2013-09-24, 12:12 AM
Nice to meet you, Imesah. What do you do for a living?

Rather than elaborate on what she's actually done, Imesah takes a sip of water and says, "I suppose I could be called an adventurer."

Gullara
2013-09-24, 12:51 AM
"Miss Khyli. I'm pleased to make your acquaintance."

With a friendly and respectful wave Khyli properly greets Darrian, much more relaxed than she was before thanks to the tiefling's presence. She feels much safer with one of her kind near. Others are more likely not to accost her if she is already in the company of another.

"Aaand I could handle myself, but I prefer to allow others to handle me."

Khyli jokes with a lecherous smirk and a wink.

"Might I ask what it is you do, Darrian?"

"Imports and exports." Darrian supplies. Not very specific, now is he? "You could say I'm an expert in handling." He gives her a wink of his own. Well he's certainly receptive.

Arkhosia
2013-09-24, 06:24 AM
Rather than elaborate on what she's actually done, Imesah takes a sip of water and says, "I suppose I could be called an adventurer."

I do mercenary work. Mainly just killing what I'm hired to kill. Not assassinations, just mainly as hired help for a group in conflict or dealing with some of the more powerful and stronger monsters, if they pay me well. I hope to start my own group of mercenaries. Not only do I increase profits that way, but I get allies. And Captain Valia has a nice ring to it, don't you think?
Valia pulls off her Anti-Materiel Rifle from her shoulder and shows it to Imesah. One with an eye for weapons will notice the design is sleeker and slightly smaller than a normal one
And this, here, is my accomplice. I call her Ebony, for obvious reasons.

Devixer
2013-09-24, 10:37 AM
Imesah has no idea what a rifle is. The simple longsword on her belt probably explains why. "There is already a large group of mercenaries here," Imesah says. "You will have some time competing with them."

Arkhosia
2013-09-24, 10:46 AM
Imesah has no idea what a rifle is. The simple longsword on her belt probably explains why. "There is already a large group of mercenaries here," Imesah says. "You will have some time competing with them."

Really? I might have to check them out sometime.
Valia says as she eats her bread

Devixer
2013-09-24, 10:48 AM
"I'm afraid I don't know much about them, but they call themselves NO," Imesah says.

Arkhosia
2013-09-24, 10:51 AM
What? Did I do something wrong?
Valia asks, confused.

Gnrlshrimp
2013-09-24, 10:57 AM
[Bar]

It takes Sahlia a few minutes before she manages to compose herself once more, but eventually she does suppress the tears, wiping her eyes with one hand. She turns back to Ciar, "Is...is there somewhere else we can go? I don't want to stay here."

The Alexandrian
2013-09-24, 12:31 PM
Receptive, yes, and mysterious as he is reluctant to provide details on his work, though mysteriousness is in this case is equal parts alluring and alarming which may be to Darrian's advantage as Khyli does get her thrills playing with fire and loaded guns. She'd press the matter further, but that may have to wait...

"I may have need of your services later. It's not often that I encounter a man who does not lose his suavity and his wit in such close proximity to me."

Khyli flirts, in high spirits as she teases Darrian, attempting to lightly brush her leg against his just before her stomach violently growls at her, expressing its disapproval with her current actions and future plans.

"At the moment, however, I'm inordinately famished and in dire need of refreshment, as you can plainly hear. What would you recommend from the menu, Mister Darrian?"

5a Violista
2013-09-24, 02:21 PM
Reinholdt waits a few moments, half-expecting her to follow through and leave immediately.

But it doesn't seem like that's the case, so Reinholdt moves on to introductions.
"Well I'm Reinholdt, Treasure Hunter Extraordinare." Rein gives his patented flourish.

((Oops! I had meant to do that. Now, it's too late. Unless I can still do that...should I have her leave right now?))

"I'm a treasure hunter, too," says the pirate. Of course all pirate-dragons are treasure-hunters. It's part of the job description.

...Not that you would know she's a dragon, looking at her. No wings, no scales, no snake-tongues. She just looks like a regular pirate.

"I'm Alvilda Blood de _______ Victory; dragon, pirate, and retired poet." Being a poet is the most dangerous job ever, by the way.

Artemis97
2013-09-24, 03:49 PM
[Bar]

"Yeah, sure." Ciar scratches his head, thinking. "Not to sound inappropriate, but we could go to my place?"

Gnrlshrimp
2013-09-24, 03:59 PM
[Bar]

"Your place?" Sahlia looks hesitant for a moment. It would mean more or less leaving herself at Ciar's mercy.

But...he promised to keep her safe.

And the look in his eyes when he did so...

"Um, yes. Okay."

Gullara
2013-09-24, 05:09 PM
Receptive, yes, and mysterious as he is reluctant to provide details on his work, though mysteriousness is in this case is equal parts alluring and alarming which may be to Darrian's advantage as Khyli does get her thrills playing with fire and loaded guns. She'd press the matter further, but that may have to wait...

"I may have need of your services later. It's not often that I encounter a man who does not lose his suavity and his wit in such close proximity to me."

Khyli flirts, in high spirits as she teases Darrian, attempting to lightly brush her leg against his just before her stomach violently growls at her, expressing its disapproval with her current actions and future plans.

"At the moment, however, I'm inordinately famished and in dire need of refreshment, as you can plainly hear. What would you recommend from the menu, Mister Darrian?"

"By all means. In fact, let me get that for you." Darrian waves down on of the bar goblins and flashes the employee one of his most charming smiles. "The lady is hungry, and that won't do for a minute, now will it. Fetch me your best meal. And make it quite, could you?" He says, palming a bill into the goblin's hand.

Darrian turns that smile back onto Khyli. "That shouldn't take too long I don't think. Now where were we? You were saying something about my services?"

Reinholdt
2013-09-24, 07:27 PM
((Oops! I had meant to do that. Now, it's too late. Unless I can still do that...should I have her leave right now?))

"I'm a treasure hunter, too," says the pirate. Of course all pirate-dragons are treasure-hunters. It's part of the job description.

...Not that you would know she's a dragon, looking at her. No wings, no scales, no snake-tongues. She just looks like a regular pirate.

"I'm Alvilda Blood de _______ Victory; dragon, pirate, and retired poet." Being a poet is the most dangerous job ever, by the way.

You can if you want.

"You're a dragon? Wow, I wouldn't have guessed. And you used to be a bard, but that wasn't dangerous enough so you became a pirate?" Pirates get more gold anyways, and I'm sure a dragon can't have enough gold.

Hmmm... might be worth finding out where this lass buried her treasure...

The Alexandrian
2013-09-24, 11:58 PM
Darrian's seductively chivalrous adoration arouses a sonorous, throaty purr from Khyli! Darrian isn't a mere gentleman in Khyli's bewitching eyes, but a powerful gentleman! He is providing her with tangible evidence that he is well-to-do and is, judging by his actions, no stranger to motivating people to do his bidding. In other words, he's an alpha male and a leader, or so it seems to Khyli (an alpha male who knows what he wants and, unlike most, knows exactly how to get it)!

"I feel that you and I are compatible, as are our goals, Mister Darrian. We're both wealthy, powerful, and curtainy socialites . I'm of the opinion that we would both profit from a relationship, both in business, which I'd like to discuss before we withdraw to the back room for pleasure, and in carnal affairs. I'm a merchant, much like your other clientele, but I deal in nonstandard, impalpable commodities that are never stocked in stores - lives, souls, and information. My father, before his untimely disappearance, amassed what may very well be the Nexus's most extensive private collection of ninja artifacts as an avocation and funded and staffed a free clinic in Inside as an occupation not long after he married my mother, an affluent goddess and high ranking member of one of the orgs. In memory of my father, I'd like to establish a ninja museum and training academy and a free clinic in Inside and Riverside, but I haven't yet contracted any suppliers for either project as I've been searching for the right connection. I think I've finally found him. If you know of any companies that could supply me with essentials or ninja artifacts, I'll contact them and attempt to negotiate a contract with them and your company could exclusively handle the shipping. You'd be handsomely rewarded by your company, by your clients, and by your's truly."

Gullara
2013-09-25, 07:53 AM
Darrian considers for a moment, and then something occurs to him. "You know, I think I have just the contact that could get you what you need. It'd be a small matter to arrange for it all if you set me up with some documentation of what you need."

Oh look at that, someone's already bringing their food. That sure was fast. "So how does that sound?" Darrian asks expectantly.

The Alexandrian
2013-09-25, 12:58 PM
"That sounds purrfectly splendiferous!"

The enthused Khyli purrs yet again. What a stroke of luck it is that she met this man! It is more than fortunate that she hungered when she did! It is fate that their paths crossed this sunny, cloudless day!

"Y'know, on second thought, we might want our food and drink to go. They can wait, but I can't wait any longer to show you how appreciative I am for all that you've done for me."

With a kittenish batting of her eyelashes and a lascivious smile that promises bliss the likes of which Darrian could scarcely imagine, Khyli stands and stretches, positioning herself so as to shamelessly show off her entrancing, fantastic body in front of a dim tavern light.

Arkhosia
2013-09-25, 01:03 PM
Valia leaves
Bye, nice meeting you Imesah

5a Violista
2013-09-25, 04:41 PM
A bard? No, she was a poet and a musician, never a bard! Bards go around telling stories and stuff. :smallyuk: Poets write art.
"I was just a dragon, but then I met a sweet knight and I fell in love with him, so I became a poet (not a bard), until the Queen tried to burn me at the stake for witchcraft and hung him for betraying the Crown, so I naturally became a pirate after that." It's only logical that one would become a pirate after such a chain of events.

Abruptly, Alvilda stands up. "I should go buy that cannon, now." She walks to the door of the establishment. If Reinholdt the Treasure Hunter wants to find out where her buried treasure is, he'll have to stop her.

((Meanwhile, I'll already get a post in the Mallside, so I don't have her arrive late to the Pokemon Tournament.))

Gullara
2013-09-25, 05:11 PM
"That sounds purrfectly splendiferous!"

The enthused Khyli purrs yet again. What a stroke of luck it is that she met this man! It is more than fortunate that she hungered when she did! It is fate that their paths crossed this sunny, cloudless day!

"Y'know, on second thought, we might want our food and drink to go. They can wait, but I can't wait any longer to show you how appreciative I am for all that you've done for me."

With a kittenish batting of her eyelashes and a lascivious smile that promises bliss the likes of which Darrian could scarcely imagine, Khyli stands and stretches, positioning herself so as to shamelessly show off her entrancing, fantastic body in front of a dim tavern light.

"Now how could any man resist a suggestion like that?" Darrian says as he gets to his feet. Oh, he's certainly looking at her appreciatively, and she can tell he's very much looking forward to being alone with her. "And since it's your suggestion, please, lead the way."

Devixer
2013-09-25, 05:30 PM
Valia leaves
Bye, nice meeting you Imesah

Imesah nods, but doesn't bother to watch as Valia heads out.

Reinholdt
2013-09-25, 08:08 PM
A bard? No, she was a poet and a musician, never a bard! Bards go around telling stories and stuff. :smallyuk: Poets write art.
"I was just a dragon, but then I met a sweet knight and I fell in love with him, so I became a poet (not a bard), until the Queen tried to burn me at the stake for witchcraft and hung him for betraying the Crown, so I naturally became a pirate after that." It's only logical that one would become a pirate after such a chain of events.

Abruptly, Alvilda stands up. "I should go buy that cannon, now." She walks to the door of the establishment. If Reinholdt the Treasure Hunter wants to find out where her buried treasure is, he'll have to stop her.

((Meanwhile, I'll already get a post in the Mallside, so I don't have her arrive late to the Pokemon Tournament.))

That's certainly one logical option.

Reinholdt almost does stop her, but she's a pirate and Rein would rather not get too involved with such a person, even if it does mean a pile of treasure at the X. Besides, she's got a mini-pet that likes exploding. Might explode on him.

He waves goodbye. "Next time you come here I'll buy you a rum I guess. Bye."

The Alexandrian
2013-09-25, 09:31 PM
[Back Room]

"He'd have to roll a twenty, but a better question is why would any man want to resist?"

The blossoming coquettish temptress counter questions, attempting to loop her tail around Darrian's waist and unfasten the buttons of his stylish shirt even before they're safely outside of the view of the public's prying eyes, alone together in a private back room with little else to do and a "Do Not Disturb" sign mounted on the door.

They're probably going to lose the deposit on this room by the time this scene is through. :smallamused::smalltongue:

Gullara
2013-09-25, 11:47 PM
[Back Room]

Darrian takes charge once they're in the room and guides Khyli to the bed. He's quite skilled in this particular area it seems, because he wastes no time in putting his talents to use.

Of course, the curtain must be swiftly pulled here, because there's little doubt these two rush to the point where it's required. :smalltongue:

That said, there is one aspect of the goings on behind the curtain that need mentioning. At some point, Darrian will actually bite Khyli. He does his very best to pass this off as him getting a bit too carried away, but with some hidden mechanism that are disguised as his teeth, he's actually trying to draw some of her blood. Of course, this should hopefully be passed off as just another part of the curtainous activities.

The Alexandrian
2013-09-26, 12:20 AM
[Back Room]

Khyli is bitten and her blood is drawn. Darrian might get more than he bargained for when she playfully responds in kind, attempting to inject him with a potent euphoric agent.

Several weeks days hours later, when the curtains rise, an extremely satisfied, extremely disheveled Khyli will be attempting to cuddle with Darrian in what may very well be the unidentifiable remains of a mattress atop a pile of splinters of wood/metal that once were a bedframe and boxframe. Khyli is Clarissa's daughter, after all.

"That was amazing! If I'd have known that men like you hang out in bars like this, I'd have come here all the time!"

Khyli breathes in a dreamy tone. She doesn't seem exhausted in the least.

Gullara
2013-09-26, 12:45 AM
[Back Room]

Well that was... a bit more more than Darrian bargained for. Unlike his lover for the evening, he possesses no supernatural endurance. So that curtain might not have been quite so long as was implied. :smalltongue:

So Darrian is perfectly content to lay there with Khyli for a bit, as he's absolutely exhausted. "I wouldn't say there are many men like me." He says, intending to be joking but it comes out in an exhausted pant. He's going to be so sore. .-.

The Alexandrian
2013-09-26, 12:45 PM
[Back Room]

Or a bite more than he bargained for! :smalltongue:

Darrian is lucky that he'll only be sore. Khyli accidentally killed the first handful of people she curtained before she learned the limitations of the mortal mind (though that wouldn't be the worst way to die). Before she had perfected the formula of that euphoric agent she injected him with, it doubled as a paralytic too. Khyli has gained more mastery over her powers since then, but curtains with her have been potentially fatal in the past.

SHEOL might have their hands full if they should clone Khyli and raise her as their own, and it'll be ten times worse if they should attempt to reverse engineer their very own Clarissa from Khyli's DNA as she was even more dangerous and uncontrollable as a child than she is as an adult. :smalltongue: As with most investments, high reward is always married to high risk!

Khyli can't help but giggle at Darrian's lassitude!

"Are you alright, Darr-bear? I seem to have sucked the lifeforce straight out of you like a lowly succubus, but if I did so, I don't remember doing so."

"Aaand if I haven't drained your energy with an ardent kiss yet, I could be convinced to do it before we part. It'll make you feel somewhat weaker for, oh, a day max, but I've been told that the price is well worth the experience."

Khyli offers. She'd attempt to feed off of his energy without his consent as she skipped lunch and is more than esurient at present, but she needs to stay on his good side if she is to conduct business with him in the future!

GrandDM
2013-09-26, 01:00 PM
[Door, then Bar]

The door opens, and a massive fourteen-foot man in a suit of black, spiky armour squeezes in. He's holding a huge sword, and there's an equally massive shield slung across his back. He strides over to the bar and sits on the floor, lowering himself to about seven feet. He pulls of his helmet to reveal a handsome face with eyes the colour of dried blood and fangs where canines would be on an ordinary human.

"Blood. The biggest glass you've got."

He pays, and stands back up, sipping the crimson liquid. He surveys the area, looking for anybody interesting.

Gullara
2013-09-26, 01:45 PM
[Back Room]

"I think I'll pass on that offer for today. I'm afraid you've worn me right out." Darrian says, his tone somehow not conveying his extreme discomfort. That said, he has no intention of sleeping here. Things to do, secret blood stealing devices to not let get discovered. "Before we forget, I''m going to need a way to get in touch with you. If you have a phone, we can exchange numbers." He suggests.

The Alexandrian
2013-09-26, 02:24 PM
[Back Door]

Smart man.

"Oh well. There's always tomorrow."

"And of course I have a phone, but I can do you one better."

With a snap of her fingers, a magical black business card materializes in a puff purple of flame between the index finger and middle finger of her left hand. She'll attempt to transfer this to Darrian. Her cell phone number is printed upon it in blood red ink.

"Burn the card, and it'll teleport you to me if I'm not doing anything important and your business with me is imperative and cannot wait until I'm finished with whatever I happen to be doing."

Instantaneous summoning business cards are all the rage in hell these days.

Gullara
2013-09-26, 02:47 PM
[Back Door]

"Convenient." Darrian says, though he's not keen on the idea of being summoned anywhere. Once he fishes for his own pants, he can produce a business card of his own. A SHEOL Inc. business card? Interesting. "I'm afraid all I have is a phone number and email."

The Alexandrian
2013-09-26, 02:59 PM
[Back Room]

>.<

I typed an incorrect location tag last post.

Khyli accepts, hastily scans, and pockets Darrian's business card before standing and beginning to don her assassin's gear and completely normal clothing once again.

"That'll do."

"SHEOL Inc., huh? Never heard of it."

Gullara
2013-09-26, 03:09 PM
[Back Room]

Darrian stands and dresses quickly, expertly pulling on every article of clothing despite the pain it causes him. He starts toward the door and pauses with his hand on the handle. "You will." He says with a little smirk before departing without another word.

The Alexandrian
2013-09-26, 10:10 PM
[Back Room]

"Ominous!"

Khyli sings as though the word were a siren's song after Darrian has left the building. She seats herself and noms a bite of food, humming to herself all the while.

A staircase is scaled one step at a time. The first obstacle has been overcome. Now for the second...

Reinholdt
2013-09-27, 10:07 PM
Reinholdt undeadtimes and takes a look around to find anything interesting. Lessee.

Incredibly scary large man covered in blood and armor.
Incredibly hot woman who just came out of the same back room that tiefling came out of.

Well if Rein just had to pick of those two, he knows which he'd pick.
But he could also wait in indecision and see if anyone else shows up. Hmm... decisions, decisions.

Artemis97
2013-09-27, 10:09 PM
"Your place?" Sahlia looks hesitant for a moment. It would mean more or less leaving herself at Ciar's mercy.

But...he promised to keep her safe.

And the look in his eyes when he did so...

"Um, yes. Okay."

[Door, then Bar]

The door opens, and a massive fourteen-foot man in a suit of black, spiky armour squeezes in. He's holding a huge sword, and there's an equally massive shield slung across his back. He strides over to the bar and sits on the floor, lowering himself to about seven feet. He pulls of his helmet to reveal a handsome face with eyes the colour of dried blood and fangs where canines would be on an ordinary human.

[B]"Blood. The biggest glass you've got."

He pays, and stands back up, sipping the crimson liquid. He surveys the area, looking for anybody interesting.

[Bar]

Ciar stands and leads the way out the front door. As they exit, he deliberately places himself between Sahlia and the newcomer. He didn't want to pick a fight, but he knew the tall man would probably cause the woman distress, especially when he orders a glass of blood. Vampires. They were trouble. It was a good thing they were leaving now.

Up at the bar the tall man is quickly served his drink by the crooked-nosed goblin behind it. A pint glass is filled with a deep red ichor, the bottle left beside it, both carefully pushed towards the customer. That done, he disappears through a door into the kitchens. The tall man might here quick whispers describing a "giant vampire." The door is soon opened again, this time by a drow dressed in blue. He looks the man up and down, blinking. "Oh."

Gnrlshrimp
2013-09-27, 10:14 PM
Sahlia follows Ciar out, staying close to him and shifting round to keep him between her and the giant vampire on the way out. In her state, it'd probably take little more than a word or two from him to scare her again.

She reaches out to hold his arm as they leave, but otherwise manages to keep herself reasonably calm as they go.

The Alexandrian
2013-09-28, 05:40 PM
Nope!

Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope!

Nope!

Sanity check, anyone?

Khyli is not a fan of freakishly giant fanged bloodsuckers! Nope! She's already had her blood drawn once today (albeit without her knowledge) and once is more than enough!

Khyli, without a femtosecond's delay, cunningly cloaks herself with an invisibility spell! Hah! Let's see that absolutely terrifying monster spot her now!

Oh gods. She just jinxed it, didn't she.

Well, what if she hides under a table too! That'll probably work, right? RIGHT? :smalleek:

Or maybe she should just make a break for it. Yeah. As soon as that monster is distracted eating an NPC, she'll blink out of the thread. That's the ticket!

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 06:05 PM
And guess who enters in time to slam into her?
Oh, sorry! I'll try to listen and hear you coming next time invisible person!
A young girl with chalk-pale skin and rabbit ears (Faunus) in a bright yellow dress holding a umbrella, aka Celica the Cheerful Punch-Clock Villain Vampire

The Alexandrian
2013-09-28, 06:48 PM
"Meep!"

Khyli shrieks in the cutest of voices as she tumbles onto the floor, landing on her hindquarters! Gah! Bunny girl door blockade! And her invisibility spell is as disrupted as she is distracted by her fall! Blast it all!

"Oof!"

"Hey, what's the big idea? Can't you see that I'm trying to abscond from a freakishly giant and absolutely terrifying bloodsucker here?!" :smalleek::smallyuk:

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 06:54 PM
What the heck lady! Quit being rascist, especially if you're going to run into a person of said minority!

The Alexandrian
2013-09-28, 07:10 PM
"But you're not absolutely terrifying nor are you freakishly giant! You're really cute and adorable and if there wasn't a fourteen foot tall vampire drinking a glass of blood that's bigger than me sitting over there, I'd totally be all like d'aww, but I can't because it scares me!"

The spooked Khyli sincerely and soothingly compliments as she hyperventilates. Stay deadtimed evil bloodthirsty vampire giant thing! The power of Clarissa compels you! :smallmad:

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 07:15 PM
"But you're not absolutely terrifying nor are you freakishly giant! You're really cute and adorable and if there wasn't a fourteen foot tall vampire drinking a glass of blood that's bigger than me sitting over there, I'd totally be all like d'aww, but I can't because it scares me!"

The spooked Khyli sincerely and soothingly compliments as she hyperventilates. Stay deadtimed evil bloodthirsty vampire giant thing! The power of Clarissa compels you! :smallmad:

Okay, calm down. Sorry that Kharin scared you so much. I apologize for my reaction. Bloodsucker is a pretty derogatory term for my race. I'm Celica.
Celica lifts Khyli up.

The Alexandrian
2013-09-28, 07:46 PM
Celica attempts to lift Khyli up, you mean. :smalltongue:

An attempt which is thwarted when Khyli's devil tail attempts to gently push Celica's hand aside before she cautiously stands up by herself, not showing any signs of being a ninja or a daughter of a goddess yet.

For all she knows, this girl could be very dangerous (she does know who the freakishly gigantic absolutely terrifying bloodsucker is) so the less she knows about Khyli's combat style, the better.

"I'm Khyli. I wish we could've met under more auspicious circumstances, but..."

"Wait, wait, wait, wait! You're a cute bunny vampire girl? ..."

*Blink!* *Blink!* *Silent puzzlement...*

"Er... How big are your fangs?"

Khyli braces herself for anything. This could either be nightmare fuel or the most ad'awwable vampire in the history of forever.

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 07:52 PM
Celica attempts to lift Khyli up, you mean. :smalltongue:

An attempt which is thwarted when Khyli's devil tail attempts to gently push Celica's hand aside before she cautiously stands up by herself, not showing any signs of being a ninja or a daughter of a goddess yet.

For all she knows, this girl could be very dangerous (she does know who the freakishly gigantic absolutely terrifying bloodsucker is) so the less she knows about Khyli's combat style, the better.

"I'm Khyli. I wish we could've met under more auspicious circumstances, but..."

"Wait, wait, wait, wait! You're a cute bunny vampire girl? ..."

*Blink!* *Blink!* *Silent puzzlement...*

"Er... How big are your fangs?"

Khyli braces herself for anything. This could either be nightmare fuel or the most ad'awwable vampire in the history of forever.

Correct. my fangs are... Not very big.
Celica smiles slightly, revealing her fangs. They are a slightly larger size as regular teeth

The Alexandrian
2013-09-28, 08:41 PM
Phew! Not nightmare fuel!

"But..."

"You are, uhm, or were a herbivore before you were turned, right?"

The wild Khyli curiously interrogates! This flummoxes her!

"So did your old teeth fall out or did they magically grow pointy and such?"

Khyli seems to have forgotten all about the fourteen foot tall probably evil and literally bloodthirsty giant! She has so many questions for Celica!

"Are you, like, a fledgling vampire or an ancient vampire? Oh, and are you related to a vampire who calls himself Rot?"

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 08:48 PM
Phew! Not nightmare fuel!

"But..."

"You are, uhm, or were a herbivore before you were turned, right?"

The wild Khyli curiously interrogates! This flummoxes her.

"So did your old teeth fall out or did they magically grow pointy and such?"

Khyli seems to have forgotten all about the fourteen foot tall giant! She has so many questions for Celica!

"Are you, like, a fledgling vampire or an ancient vampire? Oh, and are you related to a vampire who calls himself Rot?"

No, but I would never dream of directly drinking a sentient being's blood directly. If donated, yes, but I'm not going to ambush anyone in a back alley. I would drink directly if they wanted to be a vampire, but that's it.

The latter

Fledgling.

And who's Rot?

The Alexandrian
2013-09-28, 08:57 PM
"Rot was an AMENite, just like my mom. He was an infamous vampire who terrorized the Red Zone almost every other day. He's dead now, I think. I don't know who killed him though..."

"Anyways, you sound like you live in Westside or would fit right in in that neighborhood. They blotted out the sun with magical darkness so that it wouldn't burn vampires."

"And you've never fed off of a living being and don't want to, like, at all? Seriously?"

Khyli can't believe that's true! That's almost as crazy as a generous dragon or a vegan zombie!

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 09:00 PM
"Rot was an AMENite, just like my mom. He was an infamous vampire who terrorized the Red Zone almost every other day. He's dead now, I think. I don't know who killed him though..."

"Anyways, you sound like you live in Westside or would fit right in in that neighborhood. They blotted out the sun with magical darkness so that it wouldn't burn vampires."

"And you've never fed off of a living being? Seriously?"

Khyli can't believe that's true! That's as crazy as a generous dragon or a vegan zombie!
Celica looks slightly embarrassed.
It's just something I'm not agreeable with. I mean, you grab someone against their will and bite them, then turn them into you, pretty much. I feel it's unethical.

What is AMEN?

The Alexandrian
2013-09-28, 09:11 PM
"I'm guessing that's what happened to you, then? At least whoever did it didn't drain you..."

Khyli presumes as she visibly shudders. Ugh. What a horrible death that would be!

Oh, and before I forget to ask again, how old is Celica? I don't know whether Khyli is chatting with a little girl or chatting up a young adult.

"AMEN is the Association of the Malicious, Evil, and Nefarious. They're the only villainous org in the Nexus. Most of the good-aligned orgs are attacking them right now since AMEN's leader betrayed them and was a double agent working for WATCH. My mom is in Riverside at this very moment singlehandedly defending AMENside against a boatload of heroes!"

Khyli informs, proud to be a Smith!

"But where are my manners! Could I buy you a drink?"

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 09:16 PM
"I'm guessing that's what happened to you, then? At least whoever did it didn't drain you..."

Khyli presumes as she visibly shudders. Ugh. What a horrible death that would be!

Oh, and before I forget to ask again, how old is Celica? I don't know whether Khyli is chatting with a little girl or chatting up a young adult.

"AMEN is the Association of the Malicious, Evil, and Nefarious. They're the only villainous org in the Nexus. Most of the good-aligned orgs are attacking them right now since AMEN's leader betrayed them and was a double agent working for WATCH. My mom is in Riverside at this very moment singlehandedly defending AMENside against a boatload of heroes!"

Khyli informs, proud to be a Smith!

"But where are my manners! Could I buy you a drink?"

(Celica is about 19)

No, actually. You see, I work as a servant, maid, or any similar job. I fell on hard times, and a really good offer came up from a group of vampires, and I was offered vampirization. I felt it would be a good idea: immortal, eternal youth, and being able to fly and not need actual food outweighed dislike from people and sunlight issues.

Your mom sounds amazing.

I was actually just going to get a soda, really.

The Alexandrian
2013-09-28, 10:09 PM
"And I'd be more than happy to pick up the bill for that soda. It's the least I can do for protecting me from...him."

Khyli shivers yet again! She does have a plan for slaying the giant vampire if he intends to do her harm, but it doesn't make him any less grotesquely and irremediably horrifying in her eyes.

"Yeah, my mom is amazing, but she's not doing so well at current 'cause of my dad's disappearance, her best friend's departure, and the ongoing effort by the orgs to totally obliterate AMEN, wiping every trace of it off of the face of the Nexus along with everyone who was, well, associated with it. She devours people and drinks blood, so I have access to an entire cellar stocked with exotic types of blood if you ever want to try some!"

Yes, randomly invite the bunny vampire stranger girl that you just met in a bar to your house, Khyli. Safest idea ever. >.<

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 10:14 PM
"And I'd be more than happy to pick up the bill for that soda. It's the least I can do for protecting me from...him."

Khyli shivers yet again! She does have a plan for slaying the giant vampire if he intends to do her harm, but it doesn't make him any less grotesquely and irremediably horrifying in her eyes.

"Yeah, my mom is amazing, but she's not doing so well at current 'cause of my dad's disappearance, her best friend's departure, and the ongoing effort by the orgs to totally obliterate AMEN, wiping every trace of it off of the face of the Nexus along with everyone who will was, well, associated with it. She devours people and drinks blood, so I have access to an entire cellar stocked with exotic types of it if you ever want to try some!"

Yes, randomly invite the bunny vampire stranger girl that you just met in a bar to your house, Khyli. Safest idea ever. >.<

I hope she starts doing better then. I would actually help fight, but I'm not exactly combat material. Anyone who would kill someone who happens to know their enemy without hesitation I am on the opposing team of.

The Alexandrian
2013-09-28, 10:55 PM
Maaaybe Khyli should conveniently omit any and all information about her status as a ninja assassin who cruelly but efficiently murders random people without hesitation just because someone else is paying her good money to and it hones her skills while speaking to Celica.

"I could train you to fight! I myself was trained as a ninja by my father and am hoping to open a ninja academy and a free clinic in Inside and Riverside like he would have wanted! You could be my first student!" :smallbiggrin:

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 11:01 PM
Maaaybe Khyli should conveniently omit any and all information about her status as a ninja assassin who cruelly but efficiently murders random people without hesitation just because someone else is paying her good money to and it hones her skills while speaking to Celica.

"I could train you to fight! I myself was trained as a ninja by my father and am hoping to open a ninja academy and a free clinic in Inside and Riverside like he would have wanted! You could be my first student!" :smallbiggrin:

That would be great!

Beans
2013-09-28, 11:11 PM
Still seated with Flynn, Nefila finally finishes her first beer. She observes her tipsy companion, seeming fine herself.

The Alexandrian
2013-09-28, 11:29 PM
"Perfect!"

Khyli replies with a friendly smile, snapping her fingers as a black business card materializes between the thumb and index finger of her other hand in a puff of purple flame.

"Here's my card!"

Khyli attempts to hand the card to Celica!

"My phone number is printed on it and if you burn it, it'll teleport you to wherever I am if I'm not busy. I have a meeting to attend in a couple of minutes, so I have to leave now if I'm to arrive on time. See you later!"

If Celica has nothing more to say, Khyli will probably leave the tavern.

Arkhosia
2013-09-28, 11:32 PM
"Perfect!"

Khyli replies with a friendly smile, snapping her fingers as a black business card materializes between the thumb and index finger of her other hand in a puff of purple flame.

"Here's my card!"

Khyli attempts to hand the card to Celica!

"My phone number is printed on it and if you burn it, it'll teleport you to wherever I am if I'm not busy. I have a meeting to attend in a couple of minutes, so I have to leave now if I'm to arrive on time. See you later!"

If Celica has nothing more to say, Khyli will probably leave the tavern.

Celica waves
Bye!

Morty
2013-09-29, 01:18 PM
Dipsnig rides his wolf into the Den. Once more, he's here to speak with Raril.

GrandDM
2013-09-29, 01:19 PM
Well, look at that. Celica's here as well as Kharin.

"Wasn't expecting to meet you here."

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 01:22 PM
Well, look at that. Celica's here as well as Kharin.

"Wasn't expecting to meet you here."

Ive never been in Inside before, really. I'm just exploring.

GrandDM
2013-09-29, 01:25 PM
"I've only had a few weeks. I'm not exactly an authority. Anyway, I had to run a couple of errands, so I just stopped by for a drink..."

He looks slightly shifty.

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 01:27 PM
Have you been to mall side yet? They have a store that sells blood to you no questions asked!

GrandDM
2013-09-29, 01:30 PM
"Really? I prefer fresh, myself, but I suppose if you can't get your hands on any..."

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 01:31 PM
I personally am trying to abstain from drinking anyone's blood directly unless they want to be a vampire.

GrandDM
2013-09-29, 01:36 PM
"Pff. A quick stab through the heart and what's the difference? Half the fun is in the chase anyway. Nothing like live prey to whet your appetite."

He grins, evil and predatory.

Artemis97
2013-09-29, 05:01 PM
Dipsnig rides his wolf into the Den. Once more, he's here to speak with Raril.

The drow is behind the bar, keeping an eye on the vampires in his establishment. They could discuss killing all they liked, so long as they didn't try to do it here. Spotting Dipsnig, Raril waves at him.

Morty
2013-09-29, 05:02 PM
Dipsnig dismounts and walks over to the bar, his wolf following him.

"Hello, Raril. I have another business proposition for you."

Artemis97
2013-09-29, 05:04 PM
Raril grins. "Fantastic. Anything we need to discuss in private? Also, care for a drink? How about you?" He adds, looking down at the wolf.

Morty
2013-09-29, 05:10 PM
Dipsnig looks around the current clientele. Eh, nobody who looks like they work for his enemies.

"I'll have one Thrudd Beer and Kullervo would probably like a bone," he says. The wolf's tail swishes. "I don't think it needs to be discussed in private."

Artemis97
2013-09-29, 05:16 PM
"Alright then." Raril pulls a beer from under the counter and pops the top before passing it to Dipsnig. He briefly disappears into the kitchen to grab a thick bone for Kullervo. The drow then pulls an ale for himself and leans over the bartop, sipping it.

"So, what's the deal?"

Morty
2013-09-29, 05:22 PM
"Well," Dipsnig says as he takes his drink. "Some idiot tried to stick up the Dancing Fox Inn of all places lately. He failed miserably, of course, because violence doesn't work there. But it got me thinking. The taverns aren't really in anyone's jurisdiction. So they need to rely on whoever happens to be there and their own security when someone gets an idea into their skull to try to rob them. So, why don't we try to make it a little more reliable? We could sign a long-term contract for NO members and licensed mercs to protect this place. They'd get a commission for every attempted robbery they'd help to stop."

Kullervo, meanwhile, gnaws on the bone.

Artemis97
2013-09-29, 05:26 PM
The drow takes a long draw on his drink as he thinks. "It's not a bad idea. Though, I rather enjoy handling the security around here." A wicked smile flashes across Raril's face, but it's soon softened with a chuckle. "Of course, I can't always be around. I won't say no if you want to put a few of your guys here. Is there anything I might do to help?"

Morty
2013-09-29, 05:36 PM
"Oh, they won't be watching over the place all the time. They're mercenaries and not police. But it's an extra few pairs of eyes all the same. Regardless, all you really need is to sign a contract," Dipsnig says. He presses a crystal located on a strange-looking bracer he's now wearing on his left wrist. A holographic image of a contract sheet appears.

Dipsnig's idea for the contract is really quite simple: NO members and license holders would receive a commission for any robbery or other attack they would help to stop. Should there be no NO member or licensed merc at the time of attack, Trog's would be able to call for help.

((OoC speaking, it would leave the possibility of there being no NO member or license holder available if it would be inconvenient.))

The bartender accepts that basic idea, adding provisions that there be no negotiation over the commission before/during/immediately after an attack, but only when all commissions have been paid and there's no immediate extortion going on, and that NO members receive something if they try but fail to prevent a heist or other incident.

"This is the agreement I already signed with the people in Trog's. If it works for you, we can sign it as well."

Artemis97
2013-09-29, 06:35 PM
Raril reads over the contract carefully, and realizes that "the people over at Trog's" probably included his wife. Well, if it was good enough for her, and Dipsnig was an honest sort, so the prices were fair.

"Just let your guys know that they should try to avoid blowing up the building if at all possible. I don't want to rebuild it again." It seemed like common sense, but in the Nexus you can't be too careful.

The drow plucks the large feather from his hat, revealing it to be a quill. "Where do I sign?"

Morty
2013-09-29, 06:39 PM
Dipsnig produces a physical copy of the contract.

"Just here. And don't worry, any unnecessary damage to your bar will come out of their pay."

Artemis97
2013-09-29, 07:05 PM
"Sounds fair." Raril agrees and signs the document with a flourish.

Morty
2013-09-29, 07:11 PM
Dipsnig scans the document using his magi-tech bracer as he finishes his drink.

"You keep the physical copy. I'll keep the scan with me. I hope this plan works out."

Arkhosia
2013-09-29, 08:00 PM
"Pff. A quick stab through the heart and what's the difference? Half the fun is in the chase anyway. Nothing like live prey to whet your appetite."

He grins, evil and predatory.

I guess it's really the human side of me. It just doesn't feel right to me to do that sort of thing.

UncleWolf
2013-09-30, 08:23 PM
Entrance => Back Room => Main Room

Late at night, a heavily armored man, obviously a Paladin by his bright white armor, blue cross on his chest, and the aura of Light that seems to spring from his being, reaching out for a few feet before dying off. His helm slides down automatically, fusing into his gorget and revealing a beautifully sculpted human face beneath it. His skin is dark and his silky blond hair falls to his shoulders in waves. He appears unarmed at the moment, but like everyone else here, he's probably covered in weapons.

Dena is with him, but her description will be set by Shadowcaller tomorrow. :smalltongue:

Aequitus gives a polite nod to Raril as he shoulders his large pack and enters the Back Room to prepare for his storytelling. In trade for him being there for the night, the pair had agreed that Aequitus could attempt to show a story. Though if the story isn't liked, the Paladin would still pay for the room.

The Paladin is in there for quite a while before coming back out quite a bit differently. He's out of his armor, wearing a pale blue shirt. It's impossible to see the rest of what he's wearing as his legs and feet are covered by a blanket. Why?

Because apparently without his armor, Aequitus is a paraplegic bound to a wheelchair.

The Paladin makes his way towards the fireplace to warm up a little, but after a few minutes of holding his hands near the fire, he speaks up for all to hear. "Everyone, gather close. Or stay away and ignore the story if you wish, but let me show you all of a story of love, of disaster, of false hope and defeat." The Paladin says with a hard edge to his voice. "Let me show you the story of my world and why it has been lost." He tells everyone, raising up a small steel cube from his lap with one hand as he puts a headset on himself with his other.

"Let me show you my memories of the destruction the Cyber-Dragons wrought upon me and my world."

(Godmods approved)

Artemis97
2013-09-30, 08:33 PM
Raril nods to the paladin as he enters.Why the man had chosen to stay here, the drow didn't know. Still, he had promised a good story, or cash if it didn't measure up, and the bard couldn't resist.

When the man returned from his room, Raril was momentarily shocked, before he reminded himself not to show such emotion so openly. The wheelchair was an oddity to him, but one he'd seen before around town. However that a paladin, a warrior, would need one. It didn't make sense. How had he earned such an injury? How did he still walk and fight? The grace of whatever god he served must be strong to allow him to continue on as such. Or was it a cruelty to make him continue beyond what his body was able?

Incredibly curious, the drow grabs a bottle of his favorite fireamber and some glasses and makes his way to his favorite chair near the fire, where Aequitus sat. He'll offer the man a glass, or a cup of something else if it wasn't to his taste, before settling in to listen.

Slii Arhem
2013-09-30, 08:47 PM
By fate, destiny, or mere curiosity, Shayan has followed the winds of her particular type of divination to this tavern, for the chance to be present for what she knows will be an Occasion. Garbed in a billowing black dress and adorned with purple ribbons and a shawl, the biochemist oracle somewhat-unsteadily lowers herself into a seat by the storyteller. Her own legs are unused to supporting her weight after years of paralysis, and only recently has she trained them to stand and walk once again after a risky treatment and surgery.

Without the support of her symbiotic plant, the thing that fused to her spine and robbed her of her leg function to begin with and is, even now, hidden within the folds of her dress, she has to walk with much care. Her eyes are glazed and vacant, but they're pointed in Aequitus' general direction, which is a start.

Arkhosia
2013-09-30, 08:47 PM
Entrance => Back Room => Main Room

Late at night, a heavily armored man, obviously a Paladin by his bright white armor, blue cross on his chest, and the aura of Light that seems to spring from his being, reaching out for a few feet before dying off. His helm slides down automatically, fusing into his gorget and revealing a beautifully sculpted human face beneath it. His skin is dark and his silky blond hair falls to his shoulders in waves. He appears unarmed at the moment, but like everyone else here, he's probably covered in weapons.

Dena is with him, but her description will be set by Shadowcaller tomorrow. :smalltongue:

Aequitus gives a polite nod to Raril as he shoulders his large pack and enters the Back Room to prepare for his storytelling. In trade for him being there for the night, the pair had agreed that Aequitus could attempt to show a story. Though if the story isn't liked, the Paladin would still pay for the room.

The Paladin is in there for quite a while before coming back out quite a bit differently. He's out of his armor, wearing a pale blue shirt. It's impossible to see the rest of what he's wearing as his legs and feet are covered by a blanket. Why?

Because apparently without his armor, Aequitus is a paraplegic bound to a wheelchair.

The Paladin makes his way towards the fireplace to warm up a little, but after a few minutes of holding his hands near the fire, he speaks up for all to hear. "Everyone, gather close. Or stay away and ignore the story if you wish, but let me show you all of a story of love, of disaster, of false hope and defeat." The Paladin says with a hard edge to his voice. "Let me show you the story of my world and why it has been lost." He tells everyone, raising up a small steel cube from his lap with one hand as he puts a headset on himself with his other.

"Let me show you my memories of the destruction the Cyber-Dragons wrought upon me and my world."

(Godmods approved)

Celica pulls up a chair, keeping her umbrella open and facing Aequitus in one hand with a soda bottle in another

The Bushranger
2013-09-30, 09:13 PM
One does not simply walk into the Black Dragon's Den. Well, one usually does, but the half-drow who stepped through the door sauntered instead, tossing back her braided white hair and glancing about. After all, it had been awhile since she'd been here.

She headed for the bar, her gray-skinned, well-toned figure displayed by her corset-like bodysuit and thigh-high, black-leather boots, a greatsword strapped to her back. But, noticing the paladin starting a tale in the corner, she lets curiosity get the better of her for once, and Amist Halcyon stepped closer to listen.

Lord Magtok
2013-09-30, 09:14 PM
Storytime!

Oh look, Magtok's here too! He's either politely ignoring Shayan or hasn't noticed her presence here. One or the other. Technically he was still in AMEN when she betrayed them, but for all he knows that might have been on Ilpholin's orders. Either way, it's been too long to hassle her about it now, and what would being a pain in the neck about that even accomplish, anyhow? There's a story to be heard, and that's way more important than an old grudge against someone who hasn't even tried to destroy the world or target him personally before.

Also she's kinda creepy. :smallyuk:

Murkus
2013-09-30, 10:44 PM
It'd been a long, slow night before now, Sticks thought. The strange, skinny little fellow had been about to leave when the paladin arrived. And he sat up straight, nothing more than a pair of candlelight-eyes in a dank corner, to watch the stranger go.

What returned was different. Real, genuine, not like most people in this place, thought Sticks. This was the unguarded truth of the man. A cripple in a wheeled chair.

The tall, cloaked creature from the corner joins the growing audience, sitting across from Aequitus in respectful silence. His ears are long, like those of the elves, and his eyes are large white things set deep in his face. His skin is coal grey with a dusty blue glow all about it, his hair is a lively shock of red. Bits of metal have replaced parts of his face, one brow, the bridge of his nose. The cloak hides all else.

Sticks shifts in place, and watches.

UncleWolf
2013-09-30, 10:53 PM
Aequitus accepts the drink gladly and raises it up in thanks as he leans back in his wheelchair and closes his eyes. He takes a sip before taking the cube and letting it go in mid-air. The object floats of it's own accord and spins slowly before expanding into a large screen.

Apparently it's a portable TV linked to the Techno-Paladin's memories.

The man sets his mostly untouched drink aside and seems to concentrate as an image forms on the screen...

From the get-go, the point of view is obviously from Aequitus' own, such as it should be from his memories, and there's even sound to match the perfect picture quality.

"-mmy. Son. wake up. We're here." A woman's voice calls out with cheer as the screen flutters to life, eyelids opening. At first, the images are blurry, but when a pair of hands reaches up to rub the eyes it gets clearer. Seated across from the Paladin is a taller middle-aged woman, somewhat handsome in face, but still smiling happily despite the gray touching her tied-back blond hair. She's dressed in a conservative maroon blouse and long skirt. "We're here, Sammy. We're at the markets." She says again with a warm loving smile.

"Sammy" yawns and looks out the carriage's window, showing a small town full of wooden houses as well as some with steel sides. Electric light poles line the streets and the streets themselves are paved asphalt. It seems like the entire town is a mix of low-tech and high with little in-between.

The Market itself is a huge mishmash of stands, holo-advertisements, and tables full of pieces of technology of all sorts. However, Sammy's eyes don't linger on much except for a tall girl, a teenager it seems, with long brunette hair, pale skin, and a yellow sun dress on. "Okay mom..." He mutters distractedly.

His mother gives a chuckle and the scene shakes slightly as she taps his shoulder to get his attention. "See something you like?" She asks in a knowing sing-song voice, obviously happy about him being distracted. Sammy on the other hand, looks down and wrings his hands together as he mutters. "Maybe. I...I'm old enough to try and get a girlfriend, aren't I?" The view is swung back up as his mother sets a hand on his chin and tilts his face up so she can look into his eyes with an encouraging smile. "Of course you are, but you'll always be my son. I reserve the right to tease you. Now go. I'm going to pick up dinner, so if you need me, I'll be in the grocery area."

Without waiting for anymore encouragement, Sammy darts out of the carriage, turning back to wave. The carriage itself seems wooden, but drawn by a pair of mechanical steel plated horses.

When he turns back around, he darts through the crowd, vision shifting too much for detail, but allowing fleeting glances of various races such as elves, dwarves, and even an ogre in the market. It takes a moment, but Sammy ends standing in front of the girl from earlier. She's a little taller than he is, but they can't seem to meet each other's eyes, with the girl turning a little red. "Um...hi Gwendolin. Would you like to walk with me?" Sammy asks after a moment, sounding unsure.

The girl gives a smile in return and nods, offering her hand for Sammy to take. The pair walk in silence for a long while, with Sammy stealing glances at the pretty girl. After a bit, Gwendolin speaks up. "Is...is this a date?" She asks, turning away to watch a juggler in the streets.

"Um...if you want it to be?" Sammy asks a little hesitantly, causing her to giggle. "Sure then."

Sammy laughs as well, but when he does so, the entire world begins to shake, causing people to become unbalanced and things to fall off the table. When it stops, Gwendolin looks ready to panic and Sammy looks wildly around. "What...what's happening?" She asks as the ground shakes again. A loud crashing sound can be heard and people begin screaming a street away, causing both Sammy and Gwendolin to gasp loudly.

"The Grocery! Mom!" Sammy shouts, abandoning the girl in the panicking mob to go running through the streets to try and get to his mother. As he runs, a massive roar reaches the viewers, possibly shaking people even in the Den. It might sound familiar to some of them, especially when Sammy turns the final corner to reveal a dragon waiting.

It's a truly massive specimen of it's kind, several city blocks long, with scales appearing to be made of chrome. It seems to have burrowed it's way into the city and erupted into the streets. As it roars, the wings spread out, casting the entire shopping district into shadow. Sammy freezes when he sees it, trembling as he watches it cut a bloody swath through dozens of people with a single swipe of it's claw. Barely out of reach, Sammy's mother stands there, arms full of fruit as she tries to back away from the huge beast.

"MOM!!!"

Sammy runs forward, squeezing through the panicked masses as he makes his way to his mom, his eyes locked on her at all times as he prays under his breath that the dragon would miss her. It takes a couple moments, and people scream the entire time, but Sammy eventually makes it to her just in time to see the dragon send a backhand through the crowd, intending to crush even more people.

"Mom!" Sammy shouts again, grabbing her arm and pulling her off balance and onto the ground just in time for the hand to pass over her.

But also just in time for it to hit Sammy.

The world goes black for a moment before the his eyes open again, showing the ground sailing away from beneath him as he's flung through the air like a ragdoll. He's flying mostly backwards, so even as he sails away, he's able to see his mother stand back up and yell for him, her hand outstretched despite being too far away to prevent anything from happening.

The view shakes hard right before Sammy screams in pain, having been thrown through a bakery stop window. He hits the back wall hard and the world turns black again for another long moment. When the lights come back, his gaze is blurry, unfocused as someone looks over him, shouting his name.

"Sammy! Sammy! Wake up! Please, wake up. It's me, Mommy." Sammy's mother says, gently jostling his shoulder with tears in her eyes, causing her make-up to run.

"M-Mom? What's going on? I...I feel funny and really really hurt." Sammy admits, looking down to see his legs twisted badly beneath him, horribly broken, and a piece of glass sticking out from his stomach, having pierced him from behind. The boy screams and grabs at the glass, giving it a tug before letting go with another scream of pain when it doesn't budge and only cuts his palms. "Get it out!!" He shouts, trying to struggle, but unable to move his lower body at all. "I...I can't move my legs mommy. Why can't I move my legs?!?" He shouts, crying and causing the vision to blur from the tears.

"It'll be okay honey. I promise. You stay right here. I'm going to go find some help, okay? I love you." She tells Sammy before getting up and running off without waiting for a reply.

"Mom! Please! Don't leave me! Please....please don't go. Why can't I feel my legs?"

"Mommy..."

With that, the vision ends for the moment and Aequitus opens his eyes with a tired sigh. "She never did come back." He admits as he takes a deeper drink from the alcohol.

Arkhosia
2013-09-30, 11:02 PM
Aequitus accepts the drink gladly and raises it up in thanks as he leans back in his wheelchair and closes his eyes. He takes a sip before taking the cube and letting it go in mid-air. The object floats of it's own accord and spins slowly before expanding into a large screen.

Apparently it's a portable TV linked to the Techno-Paladin's memories.

The man sets his mostly untouched drink aside and seems to concentrate as an image forms on the screen...

From the get-go, the point of view is obviously from Aequitus' own, such as it should be from his memories, and there's even sound to match the perfect picture quality.

"-mmy. Son. wake up. We're here." A woman's voice calls out with cheer as the screen flutters to life, eyelids opening. At first, the images are blurry, but when a pair of hands reaches up to rub the eyes it gets clearer. Seated across from the Paladin is a taller middle-aged woman, somewhat handsome in face, but still smiling happily despite the gray touching her tied-back blond hair. She's dressed in a conservative maroon blouse and long skirt. "We're here, Sammy. We're at the markets." She says again with a warm loving smile.

"Sammy" yawns and looks out the carriage's window, showing a small town full of wooden houses as well as some with steel sides. Electric light poles line the streets and the streets themselves are paved asphalt. It seems like the entire town is a mix of low-tech and high with little in-between.

The Market itself is a huge mishmash of stands, holo-advertisements, and tables full of pieces of technology of all sorts. However, Sammy's eyes don't linger on much except for a tall girl, a teenager it seems, with long brunette hair, pale skin, and a yellow sun dress on. "Okay mom..." He mutters distractedly.

His mother gives a chuckle and the scene shakes slightly as she taps his shoulder to get his attention. "See something you like?" She asks in a knowing sing-song voice, obviously happy about him being distracted. Sammy on the other hand, looks down and wrings his hands together as he mutters. "Maybe. I...I'm old enough to try and get a girlfriend, aren't I?" The view is swung back up as his mother sets a hand on his chin and tilts his face up so she can look into his eyes with an encouraging smile. "Of course you are, but you'll always be my son. I reserve the right to tease you. Now go. I'm going to pick up dinner, so if you need me, I'll be in the grocery area."

Without waiting for anymore encouragement, Sammy darts out of the carriage, turning back to wave. The carriage itself seems wooden, but drawn by a pair of mechanical steel plated horses.

When he turns back around, he darts through the crowd, vision shifting too much for detail, but allowing fleeting glances of various races such as elves, dwarves, and even an ogre in the market. It takes a moment, but Sammy ends standing in front of the girl from earlier. She's a little taller than he is, but they can't seem to meet each other's eyes, with the girl turning a little red. "Um...hi Gwendolin. Would you like to walk with me?" Sammy asks after a moment, sounding unsure.

The girl gives a smile in return and nods, offering her hand for Sammy to take. The pair walk in silence for a long while, with Sammy stealing glances at the pretty girl. After a bit, Gwendolin speaks up. "Is...is this a date?" She asks, turning away to watch a juggler in the streets.

"Um...if you want it to be?" Sammy asks a little hesitantly, causing her to giggle. "Sure then."

Sammy laughs as well, but when he does so, the entire world begins to shake, causing people to become unbalanced and things to fall off the table. When it stops, Gwendolin looks ready to panic and Sammy looks wildly around. "What...what's happening?" She asks as the ground shakes again. A loud crashing sound can be heard and people begin screaming a street away, causing both Sammy and Gwendolin to gasp loudly.

"The Grocery! Mom!" Sammy shouts, abandoning the girl in the panicking mob to go running through the streets to try and get to his mother. As he runs, a massive roar reaches the viewers, possibly shaking people even in the Den. It might sound familiar to some of them, especially when Sammy turns the final corner to reveal a dragon waiting.

It's a truly massive specimen of it's kind, several city blocks long, with scales appearing to be made of chrome. It seems to have burrowed it's way into the city and erupted into the streets. As it roars, the wings spread out, casting the entire shopping district into shadow. Sammy freezes when he sees it, trembling as he watches it cut a bloody swath through dozens of people with a single swipe of it's claw. Barely out of reach, Sammy's mother stands there, arms full of fruit as she tries to back away from the huge beast.

"MOM!!!"

Sammy runs forward, squeezing through the panicked masses as he makes his way to his mom, his eyes locked on her at all times as he prays under his breath that the dragon would miss her. It takes a couple moments, and people scream the entire time, but Sammy eventually makes it to her just in time to see the dragon send a backhand through the crowd, intending to crush even more people.

"Mom!" Sammy shouts again, grabbing her arm and pulling her off balance and onto the ground just in time for the hand to pass over her.

But also just in time for it to hit Sammy.

The world goes black for a moment before the his eyes open again, showing the ground sailing away from beneath him as he's flung through the air like a ragdoll. He's flying mostly backwards, so even as he sails away, he's able to see his mother stand back up and yell for him, her hand outstretched despite being too far away to prevent anything from happening.

The view shakes hard right before Sammy screams in pain, having been thrown through a bakery stop window. He hits the back wall hard and the world turns black again for another long moment. When the lights come back, his gaze is blurry, unfocused as someone looks over him, shouting his name.

"Sammy! Sammy! Wake up! Please, wake up. It's me, Mommy." Sammy's mother says, gently jostling his shoulder with tears in her eyes, causing her make-up to run.

"M-Mom? What's going on? I...I feel funny and really really hurt." Sammy admits, looking down to see his legs twisted badly beneath him, horribly broken, and a piece of glass sticking out from his stomach, having pierced him from behind. The boy screams and grabs at the glass, giving it a tug before letting go with another scream of pain when it doesn't budge and only cuts his palms. "Get it out!!" He shouts, trying to struggle, but unable to move his lower body at all. "I...I can't move my legs mommy. Why can't I move my legs?!?" He shouts, crying and causing the vision to blur from the tears.

"It'll be okay honey. I promise. You stay right here. I'm going to go find some help, okay? I love you." She tells Sammy before getting up and running off without waiting for a reply.

"Mom! Please! Don't leave me! Please....please don't go. Why can't I feel my legs?"

"Mommy..."

With that, the vision ends for the moment and Aequitus opens his eyes with a tired sigh. "She never did come back." He admits as he takes a deeper drink from the alcohol.

Celica seems to get even paler, if possible.
W-Whatever happened to Gwendolin?

Slii Arhem
2013-09-30, 11:13 PM
Storytime!

Oh look, Magtok's here too! He's either politely ignoring Shayan or hasn't noticed her presence here. One or the other. Technically he was still in AMEN when she betrayed them, but for all he knows that might have been on Ilpholin's orders. Either way, it's been too long to hassle her about it now, and what would being a pain in the neck about that even accomplish, anyhow? There's a story to be heard, and that's way more important than an old grudge against someone who hasn't even tried to destroy the world or target him personally before.

Also she's kinda creepy. :smallyuk:

Storytime!

Unfortunately, politely ignoring Shayan just gives her more time to quietly scoot her chair over towards his before he notices and can do something about it! Hopefully it will be enough of an advantage for it to be too late for Magtok to escape creepy, awkward conversation.

"I don't suppose you've unleashed any massive chrome-plated flying lizards onto some anachronistic villages that you'd be willing to admit to." She murmurs distantly, keeping her eyes on Aequitus as she talks out of the corner of her mouth to the Magclone that should be next to her.

Arkhosia
2013-09-30, 11:19 PM
Storytime!

Unfortunately, politely ignoring Shayan just gives her more time to quietly scoot her chair over towards his before he notices and can do something about it! Hopefully it will be enough of an advantage for it to be too late for Magtok to escape creepy, awkward conversation.

"I don't suppose you've unleashed any massive chrome-plated flying lizards onto some anachronistic villages that you'd be willing to admit to." She murmurs distantly, keeping her eyes on Aequitus as she talks out of the corner of her mouth to the Magclone that should be next to her.

Just to add to the awkwardness, and because Celica is my favorite character I've played.

Celica also slides next to Magtok.
Hey, aren't you that weird guy back at the Taco Stand?

Artemis97
2013-09-30, 11:19 PM
Raril grunts and nods, a frown of understanding on his face. What mother would want a broken child? By the drow's reckoning, he was lucky she didn't slit his throat then and there. Perhaps it would have been kinder.

But that's not the way they do things on the surface, was it? Each life was precious, even the broken ones. It was a fact Raril was thankful for, as many times he had been broken, wrecked, physically and mentally, but someone was always there to help him. He still didn't quite understand it, despite it being years since he'd left the Underdark.

Looking through the lens of what he knew of humanity, he wondered how the woman could be so unkind. The boy had saved her from a similar fate, and probably her life. Yet she abandoned him.

"I am sorry." Raril says quietly, offering his sympathy. Not for the injury, but for having a mother that didn't want you. It was a familiar pain to the drow. He moves to refill Aequitus' glass from the bottle, for what little comfort it would provide.

The Bushranger
2013-09-30, 11:45 PM
[Storytime]

"That is...a terrible and moving tale," the half-drowess says in a lyrical, yet sad tone. "Nobody should have to experience such a thing." She shakes her head as she settles onto a chair, deciding that a drink would be in order. "Although to run towards it to save another, instead of running to save one's self...that is admirable and brave."

Murkus
2013-09-30, 11:59 PM
Storytime

Though others might, Sticks has no stomach for these things. He averts his eyes as the helpless throng is crushed, and only barely manages to watch the aftermath. It stirs up his feelings, to be sure. He feels an ache, throughout his body, as it yearns for parts of him that have long since gone away.

"To that which is lost," Sticks says quietly, raising his drink in a sad sort of toast. He glances at the glass, caged in his iron fingers, before downing what's left. He coughs into one clenched fist, and continues, "My condolences."

Lord Magtok
2013-10-01, 08:58 AM
Storytime!

"I am that weird guy from the taco stand, yes. Also no, I think if I was responsible for this I'd be too busy trying to get to first base with some floozy Smith & Wesson girl to admit to it."

Magtok moves to join the toast, but stops, remembering who he's talking to. Shayan was always a little clueless, he thought.

"Smith & Wesson is a brand of gun, by the way. I'm saying I'd stick a gun in my mouth. I'd stick it in my mouth and pull the trigger, is what I'm saying. I'd be feeling enough guilt and shame to off a clone over being responsible for this if I was," Magtok clarifies, perhaps unnecessarily. Even if it wasn't his doing, even if he's gone through his memory logs twice in the last two minutes to make sure, he still feels a rather strong surge of guilt. This particular incident wasn't him, and he hadn't even heard of this world before, but who's to say he hasn't wrought equal or greater chaos and destruction upon equally sympathetic and innocent lives?

GrandDM
2013-10-01, 10:03 AM
I guess it's really the human side of me. It just doesn't feel right to me to do that sort of thing.

"You'll get over it. Give it time."

Slii Arhem
2013-10-01, 05:55 PM
Storytime!

"I am that weird guy from the taco stand, yes. Also no, I think if I was responsible for this I'd be too busy trying to get to first base with some floozy Smith & Wesson girl to admit to it."

Magtok moves to join the toast, but stops, remembering who he's talking to. Shayan was always a little clueless, he thought.

"Smith & Wesson is a brand of gun, by the way. I'm saying I'd stick a gun in my mouth. I'd stick it in my mouth and pull the trigger, is what I'm saying. I'd be feeling enough guilt and shame to off a clone over being responsible for this if I was," Magtok clarifies, perhaps unnecessarily. Even if it wasn't his doing, even if he's gone through his memory logs twice in the last two minutes to make sure, he still feels a rather strong surge of guilt. This particular incident wasn't him, and he hadn't even heard of this world before, but who's to say he hasn't wrought equal or greater chaos and destruction upon equally sympathetic and innocent lives?

Storytime

"Ah, I see. It must be nice to be able to contemplate suicide whenever you feel guilty or responsible. Thank you, by the way, for the permission stroke order to leave AMEN that you passed along. I'm aware that Ilpholin may have taken your going behind her back rather poorly, but it was cunning of you to consider having friends within other organizations should the plague's inevitable failure cause AMEN's demise." Wait, what is she talking about?

As if in answer to that OOC question, she withdraws a card from somewhere on her person, one Magtok previously left on a toe tag for her. She offers it to him, tilted away from Celica just enough to prevent her reading it.

'To Shayan, Please Accept this Humble Offering and Agree to Stay Very Far Away From Me Whenever Possible. You're Kinda Really Fudging Scary. Oh, and Cin too. Sincerely, Your Friend, Magtok' tag stabbed through Mr. Vlad Doe's ear.

"I'd presume you'd want to ensure that you destroyed the evidence yourself, so I've been keeping it on hand on the slight chance that our paths crossed again." She doesn't mention that she only began keeping it on hand today, and that the chance wasn't very slight considering her extrasensory knowledge. No sense in making him think she's even creepier than usual.

UncleWolf
2013-10-01, 08:05 PM
Storytime

Aequitus sets his hand over his drink to stop Raril, but nods his thanks anyway. "For Gwendolin, I've always liked to imagine she survived, found a nice husband, and is living somewhere safe, but it is a fool's dream for within the past twenty years, over 90% of humans and other self-proclaimed Races of Light have been wiped out." He admits. "As for the reason my mother never made it back? She was discovered three days after the attack, under a collapsed temple roof with the healer she said she'd bring me."

With that quiet admission, the Techno-Paladin finishes off his glass with a deep sigh.

"When I left, there were just a pair of Strongholds left belonging to us. There were other minor outposts in regions useless to The Dark Ones, but those will fall in time." He admits. "I can show you all why I believe so if you wish."

Arkhosia
2013-10-01, 08:21 PM
Celica looks snow-white pale
I think I'm going to have to leave. I don't have the stomach do any more of this.

Lord Magtok
2013-10-01, 09:00 PM
Storytime

Magtok takes the tag, and it promptly disappears somewhere deep in his robe. He frowns rather coldly at Shayan, not sure if she's accidentally offending him, or upsetting the cyborg deliberately. Easier to just frown at her and assume the worst, though.

"This right here doesn't strike me as particularly 'far away', Shayan," Magtok responds tersely, quoting the same tag she just handed to him. "But whatever. We can talk about it later, story guy might be doing a thing."

Of course he says they can talk later, but what he means is 'shut up and go away, the moment I'm done here I'm going to teleport away before you can say a single bothersome word to me'.

Murkus
2013-10-01, 09:40 PM
Storytime

"By all means. I don't get to hear many people's stories in this place," Sticks admits, watching the paladin with his dead white eyes. "Please, go on."

The Bushranger
2013-10-01, 10:30 PM
Storytime!

"I'm sorry," Amist says quietly, nodding and motioning for the story to continue, even as the half-drowess places an order for a Drow Spiderblood Wine with two drops of Liquid Agony, one drop of Sannish, and a back room.

GrandDM
2013-10-02, 10:17 AM
Celica looks snow-white pale
I think I'm going to have to leave. I don't have the stomach do any more of this.

"I'm done here anyway. Back home?"

He deposits his empty glass on the bar and rises, putting on his helmet.

Arkhosia
2013-10-02, 10:33 AM
"I'm done here anyway. Back home?"

He deposits his empty glass on the bar and rises, putting on his helmet.

sure.
Celica moves over to Kharin

GrandDM
2013-10-02, 10:47 AM
sure.
Celica moves over to Kharin

((I'm assuming we're tying the end of this to the start of the one in Inside, since you dropped into that one?))

Arkhosia
2013-10-02, 01:19 PM
((I'm assuming we're tying the end of this to the start of the one in Inside, since you dropped into that one?))

((Yes, correct.))

Morty
2013-10-02, 01:51 PM
The same announcement that now adorns the walls of the NO facilities has been posted in the Den:

ATTENTION, EVERYONE:

NO has signed an exclusive security contract with Trog's Tavern and the Black Dragon's Den. The deal is as follows:

Every NO member or license holder will receive a commission for any heist, robbery or other attack they help to stop.
No negotiating the commission during an attempted attack.
Compensation for NO members who try to stop an attack that ultimately succeeds.
Participating in a robbery of either of the two places is now grounds for revoking the license.

Shadowcaller
2013-10-03, 03:01 PM
Storytime

Dena comes dressed in a light brown wool jacket with a matching cap which she hangs on the back of the chair she takes a seat in as she leans forward to listen to the story. Underneath the jacket she's wearing an orange tube top combined with a pair of blue jeans. Just like the man she arrived with she appears unarmed... yeah, I don't think we need to repeat this either.

However the largest surprise for her comes when she sees Aequitus out of his armor. He was paralyzed? Oh geez. This was embarrassing, at least she hadn't been too forward with him. Just imagining making him explain that to her. Now she was really happy she had come to listen to his story.

Speaking of the story, it just started and it was on a screen too. Too bad it was a tragedy, she hadn't told Aequitus at NO but she preferred more lighthearted ones. Life sucked enough as it did and Aqyutus life seemed to be no exception.

His story gripped her though, it was well-told. At the end she realizes she could draw some interesting comparisons from stories of her own world. Both sounded like hopeless cases.

Well, good thing they were both here now right? She figured he might feel more guilty about it though even if there wasn't much left to save. Struck her as the type. "Yeah, go on." She was going to make a comment on how he'd end up paying for his room all week at this pace, but that seemed somewhat inappropriate. "I grew up with these kind of stories." She states before leaning back in chair again, keeping a rather low profile as she continues to listen.

Arkhosia
2013-10-05, 11:58 AM
Storytime

A drow steps into the tavern, a slight limp favoring her right in her step. A red cloak flutters behind her, and the left of her leather armor is soaked with blood.
one Drow Spiderblood Wine, please.
Xenna surveys the tavern area with her piercing emerald eyes, and notices Dena. She walks up to her.
Greetings kinswoman. Could you tel me why everyone is clustered around the paraplegic?

Shadowcaller
2013-10-05, 03:07 PM
Storytime

Dena eyes the other drow, noticing the blood. Just how fresh is the blood?
"They're listening to the story of how he lost everything, but don't you have more grave concerns?" She says, nodding to indicate the blood.

Arkhosia
2013-10-05, 03:17 PM
Storytime

Dena eyes the other drow, noticing the blood. Just how fresh is the blood?
"They're listening to the story of how he lost everything, but don't you have more grave concerns?" She says, nodding to indicate the blood.

Don't worry, the blood's a bit old. I haven't yet had time to clean it out of my armor.
Xenna sips her wine.
Who are you, exactly? I'm Chessxenna of House Maeana..

Shadowcaller
2013-10-05, 03:30 PM
Storytime - Distraction

"I'm Dena... of house Xifhara." Oh geez, it was such a long time she even used the title. She was pretty sure she had been exiled from it but such pretenses could be valuable to hold up anyway. It wasn't like anyone around her could contest that claim. "It's a minor house." She explains with a dismissive gesture. That much was true at least, if it even could be called that.

Arkhosia
2013-10-05, 03:41 PM
Storytime - Distraction

"I'm Dena... of house Xifhara." Oh geez, it was such a long time she even used the title. She was pretty sure she had been exiled from it but such pretenses could be valuable to hold up anyway. It wasn't like anyone around her could contest that claim. "It's a minor house." She explains with a dismissive gesture. That much was true at least, if it even could be called that.

House Xifhara? Where is that? House Maeana was a minor house as well back in Menzobarrenzan.

Shadowcaller
2013-10-05, 03:55 PM
Storytime - Distraction¨

"You probably have never heard of it, it likely only exist in my world of Athas and I don't think you're from there Chess." I'm assuming Chessxenne's shade of black is darkgrey (which is most common among drow), Dena's is actually a shade of brown which is common among drow of her world.

Arkhosia
2013-10-05, 03:58 PM
Storytime - Distraction¨

"You probably have never heard of it, it likely only exist in my world of Athas and I don't think you're from there Chess." I'm assuming Chessxenne's shade of black is darkgrey (which is most common among drow), Dena's is actually a shade of brown which is common among drow of her world.

I'm from Faerun. How did you end up here?
((You are correct))]

Shadowcaller
2013-10-05, 04:19 PM
Storytime - Distraction

"Daerun eh? I heard that name mentioned before. As for me though, I just got lost in a sandstorm and ended up here. Maybe I died and this is some strange afterlife? I dunno." She shrugs.

Arkhosia
2013-10-05, 04:53 PM
Storytime - Distraction

"Daerun eh? I heard that name mentioned before. As for me though, I just got lost in a sandstorm and ended up here. Maybe I died and this is some strange afterlife? I dunno." She shrugs.

My house was under siege by a rival vying for power. In the battle I was ambushed by a group of soldiers and a wizard. I was able to defeat the soldiers but sustained a severe wound, and the wizard tried to finish me off with a spell of some sort.. I guess something went wrong with the spell though.

Shadowcaller
2013-10-05, 05:06 PM
Storytime - Distraction

"Lucky you. Or unlucky in case this is some sort of afterlife. Must be one in a million or something like that." Dena replies. "I'm guessing you must have worshiped that goddess too. The spider one." Hopefully she wasn't insulting her here.

Arkhosia
2013-10-05, 05:13 PM
Storytime - Distraction

"Lucky you. Or unlucky in case this is some sort of afterlife. Must be one in a million or something like that." Dena replies. "I'm guessing you must have worshiped that goddess too. The spider one." Hopefully she wasn't insulting her here.

Lloth? Yes, I did. I was a priestess, not sure what my standing with the church is now. Did they worship her in Athas?
Oh, so that explains the flail on her belt.

Shadowcaller
2013-10-05, 05:27 PM
Storytime - Distraction

"Maybe they did at one point, I'm not sure. But they sure aren't doing it now. All gods are dead so there isn't much left to worship besides the elements." Dena explains, actually not knowing that fails were used by clerics with the utter lack of them in athas.

Arkhosia
2013-10-05, 05:36 PM
Storytime - Distraction

"Maybe they did at one point, I'm not sure. But they sure aren't doing it now. All gods are dead so there isn't much left to worship besides the elements." Dena explains, actually not knowing that fails were used by clerics with the utter lack of them in athas.

The dark elf looks a bit surprised at this.
What happened to the gods?
She drinks her wine, finishing it.

Shadowcaller
2013-10-05, 06:06 PM
Storytime - Distraction

"They all died in some great war. I don't really know all that much about it besides that it was that war that forced my people underground." She claims. "It's pretty much ancient story in athas, no one remembers what it was like back then."

Arkhosia
2013-10-05, 06:11 PM
Storytime - Distraction

"They all died in some great war. I don't really know all that much about it besides that it was that war that forced my people underground." She claims. "It's pretty much ancient story in athas, no one remembers what it was like back then."

We were forced underground thanks to the elves. We had a religious war, and we had to retreat underground, and the grudge between us has only grown since.

Shadowcaller
2013-10-05, 07:02 PM
Storytime - Distraction

"My people don't have grudges, they plunder from all surface races equally. I don't do any of that thouh I'm not exactly a paragon of my race." She admits. It should be said that Dena is actually about 6'2" feet tall, another difference between athas and Faerun and athas elves.

Arkhosia
2013-10-05, 07:16 PM
Storytime - Distraction

"My people don't have grudges, they plunder from all surface races equally. I don't do any of that thouh I'm not exactly a paragon of my race." She admits. It should be said that Dena is actually about 6'2" feet tall, another difference between athas and Faerun and athas elves.

We don't plunder. We're to busy living in a messed up Matriarchy where you have to plot and assassinate to climb the ladder.
Xenna sighs, and orders another Spiderblood Wine.
Menzobarrenzan is a city where if you don't keep an eye on your inferiors, so to speak, you're risking a dagger between the shoulder blades every second you do, and where everyone has an ulterior motive.

Shadowcaller
2013-10-05, 08:05 PM
Storytime - Distraction

"I guess there are some similarities then since what you just described is pretty much where I grew up as well." Dena replies. "I have a friend actually who comes from pretty much the same society as you. He'd be deadly afraid of you however, he doesn't care about your goddess at all."

Arkhosia
2013-10-05, 08:27 PM
Storytime - Distraction

"I guess there are some similarities then since what you just described is pretty much where I grew up as well." Dena replies. "I have a friend actually who comes from pretty much the same society as you. He'd be deadly afraid of you however, he doesn't care about your goddess at all."

I'm not too surprised. She's why our society works on the basis men are inferior. He's not the only one who doesn't care for her much. There's a bit of lost love over the fact that she's the reason our society is a mess and why we massacre our kin between us.

Shadowcaller
2013-10-05, 08:44 PM
Storytime - Distraction

Dena quirks her eyebrow. "Aren't you supposed to be a priestess of her? I thought clerics were supposed to be devoted to their gods."

Arkhosia
2013-10-05, 08:52 PM
Storytime - Distraction

Dena quirks her eyebrow. "Aren't you supposed to be a priestess of her? I thought clerics were supposed to be devoted to their gods."

I am a priestess of her, but that doesn't mean I have to be completely devoted to her. We aren't required to be slaves to our god.

Shadowcaller
2013-10-05, 09:10 PM
Storytime - Distraction

"So why do you want to be a priestess of her then? I have never actually heard a positive thing about Lolth." Dena asks.

Arkhosia
2013-10-05, 09:15 PM
Storytime - Distraction

"So why do you want to be a priestess of her then? I have never actually heard a positive thing about Lolth." Dena asks.

Xenna sighs.
I didn't chose. The Matron makes the decisions, and gaining the favor of Lloth takes priority. It offers a little more power.

Shadowcaller
2013-10-05, 09:29 PM
Storytime - Distraction

"So why don't you give her up now that you're free? Or is she effectively forcing you to worship her?" Weren't gods supposed to be 'good'?