PDA

View Full Version : Oracle Knight [PrC]

The Demented One
2006-12-21, 12:05 PM
Oracle Knight

Oracle Knights are seer-warriors of immense skill, blending martial techniques with clairsentient power in an immensely powerful fighting style. They are guided by their prescient instincts, dodging blows split-seconds before they are struck and making almost impossible attacks. No organization or code unites the Oracle Knights–each is a free agent, using his skills as he pleases. For every Oracle Knight that is a noble guardian mankind, there is one who seeks to lay waste to the world with his sword and skills.

d8 HD

Requirements
To qualify to become an Oracle Knight, you must fulfill all the following criteria.
BAB: +5
Feats: Instant Clarity, Psychic Renweal
Skills: Martial Lore 8 ranks, Psicraft 8 ranks
Manifesting: Must be able to manifest second level psionic powers; must know the precognition power.
Martial Maneuvers: Must be able to initiate second level martial maneuvers; must know two Diamond Mind maneuvers.

Class Skills
The Oracle Knight’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Autohypnosis (Wis), Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Local) (Int), Knowledge (Psionics) (Int), Listen (Wis), Martial Lore (Int), Psicraft (Int), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex).
Skill Points at Each Level: 4 + Int modifier.

{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Man. Known|Man. Readied|Stances Known|Special|Powers

1st|
+1
|
+2
|
+0
|
+2
|
|
|
|Heightened Senses, Martial Insight|

2nd|
+2
|
+3
|
+0
|
+3
|
|
|
|Recall Strike|+1 level of existing manifesting class

3rd|
+3
|
+3
|
+1
|
+3
|
|
|
|Armored Uncanny Dodge|+1 level of existing manifesting class

4th|
+4
|
+4
|
+1
|
+4
|
|
|
|Oracle Knight Bonus Feat|

5th|
+5
|
+4
|
+1
|
+4
|
|
|
|Hunting Oracle Stance|+1 level of existing manifesting class

6th|
+6
|
+5
|
+2
|
+5
|
|
|
|Clairsentient Strike|+1 level of existing manifesting class

7th|
+7
|
+5
|
+2
|
+5
|
|
|
|Fateful Evasion|+1 level of existing manifesting class

8th|
+8
|
+6
|
+2
|
+6
|
|
|
|Oracle Knight Bonus Feat|

9th|
+9
|
+6
|
+3
|
+6
|
|
|
|Timeless Body|+1 level of existing manifesting class

10th|
+10
|
+7
|
+3
|
+7
|
|
|
|Impossible Accuracy|+1 level of existing manifesting class
[/table]

Class Features
All the following are class features of the Oracle Knight prestige class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
You gain no additional weapon or armor proficiencies.

Maneuvers
At each odd-numbered level, you gain a new maneuver known from the Diamond Mind or the White Raven disciplines. You must meet a maneuver’s prerequisites to learn it. You add your whole Oracle Knight class level to your initiator level from other classes to determine your total initiator level and highest level maneuver known. At 3rd, 6th, and 9th levels, you gain an additional maneuver readied.

Manifesting
Whenever you gain a new Oracle Knight level, except at 1st, 4th and 8th, you gain new power points per day and powers known as if you had also gained a level in a manifesting class you belonged to before you added the prestige class level. You do not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained.

Stances Known
At 5th level, you gain a new stance known from the Diamond Mind or White Raven disciplines. You must meet a stance’s requirements to learn it.

Heightened Senses (Ex)
You gain a +1 insight bonus on all initiative checks and Reflex saves. This bonus increases to +2 at 4th level, and to +3 at 8th level. In addition, you gain low-light vision if you do not already have it.

Martial Insight (Ex)
You may take 10 on attack rolls or ability checks made when initiating a martial maneuver.

Recall Strike (Su)
At 2nd level, you gain the ability to strike your foe through time. Whenever you deal damage to an enemy with a martial strike, you may expend your psionic focus. If you do, 1d4 rounds later, the enemy must make a Will save, DC 10 + ½ your initiator level + your Int modifier, or damaged by it again, taking one-quarter the damage that was dealt to him by the initial strike. At 5th level, the damage dealt increases to one-third the original damage, and at 8th level, it increases to one-half the original damage. This is a mind-affecting ability.

Armored Uncanny Dodge (Ex)
At 3rd level, you gain the ability to react to danger before your senses will normally let you. You retain your Dexterity bonus to AC even if you are caught flatfooted or struck by an invisible attacker. You still lose your Dexterity bonus to AC when immobilized. Initially, you only gain the benefits of this ability while wearing light armor or no armor. At 6th level, you gain the benefits of this ability while wearing medium armor, and at 9th level, you gain its benefits while wearing heavy armor.

Oracle Knight Bonus Feat
At 4th level, and again at 8th level, you may gain one of the following feats as a bonus feat. You must still meet all prerequisites for it. Feats marked with a * are from Tome of Battle.

Adaptive Style*, Blade Meditation*, Blind-Fight, Clarion Commander*, Combat Expertise, Combat Manifestation, Combat Reflexes, Deep Impact, Dodge, Evasive Reflexes*, Ghost Attack, Greater Psionic Weapon, Greater Weapon Focus, Greater Weapon Specialization, Improved Disarm, Improved Feint, Improved Initiative, Improved Trip, Martial Stance*, Martial Study*, Mobility, Opportunity Power, Perfect Clarity of Mind and Body*, Power Specialization, Psionic Body, Psionic Charge, Psionic Dodge, Psionic Weapon, Speed of Thought, Sidestep Charge, Spring Attack, Sudden Recovery*, Unnerving Calm*, Up the Walls, Weapon Finesse, Weapon Focus, Weapon Specialization, Whirlwind Attack, White Raven Defense*, Wounding Attack.

Hunting Oracle Stance (Su)
At 5th level, you gain the ability to assume a stance that focuses your perception. While you are in a martial stance, you may, as a swift action, forgo its normal benefit to gain the effects of the hunting oracle stance. You can also end the hunting oracle stance and resume the normal benefit of the stance you were in as a swift action. Maintaining the hunting oracle stance can be difficult–whenever you are damaged, you must make a Concentration check, DC 10 + the amount of damage dealt, or come out of the hunting oracle stance. In this case, you also exit the stance you were previously in. If you come out of the hunting oracle stance in this way, you cannot resume it for 1d10 minutes.

While you are in hunting oracle stance, you gain the ability to see auras, as the aura sight power, except that you do not need to concentrate or wait for it to take full effect. You can perceive auras of all alignments. In addition, as a swift action, you may learn the current hit point total of any creature you can see.

You can gain additional benefits from the hunting oracle stance if you spend power points when you enter it. By spending one power point when entering it, you gain darkvision out to sixty feet. By spending three power points when entering it, you gain the ability to see invisible creatures and objects. By spending five power points when entering it, you gain all-around vision, gaining immunity to flanking and a +4 enhancement bonus on all Search and Spot checks. By spending nine power points when entering it, you gain the benefits of the psionic true seeing power. You may not spend a number of power points that exceeds your manifester level when you enter the stance. These benefits are cumulative and last for as long as you remain in the stance.

Clairsentient Strike (Su)
At 6th level, you gain the ability to perceive a foe’s weaknesses with utter clarity. To use this ability, you must be in the hunting oracle stance. Once per day, when you use a martial strike, you may choose to have that strike automatically threaten a critical hit if it is successful. If you successfully hit your enemy, you may add your Intelligence modifier to the attack roll made to confirm the threat. At 8th level, you may use this ability two times per day, and at 10th level, you may use it three times per day.

Fateful Evasion (Su)
At 7th level, you gain the ability to slightly alter the flow of synchronicity in order to avoid an unpleasant fate. To use this ability, you must be in the hunting oracle stance. Once per day, as an immediate action, you may immediately reroll a saving throw you have failed, gaining an insight bonus on the reroll equal to your class level. Alternatively, you may grant yourself an insight bonus to AC equal to your class level until the beginning of your next round. However, doing so puts stress on your ability to maintain the hunting oracle stance. You must make a DC 25 Concentration check or be forced out of the stance, as if you had been damaged.

Timeless Body (Ex)
At 9th level, your peering through time have left you unharmed by its passage. You no longer take ability score penalties for aging and cannot be magically aged. Any penalties you may have already incurred, however, remain in place. Bonuses from aging still accrue, and you still die of old age when your time is up.

Impossible Accuracy (Su)
At 10th level, you gain the ability to find the true path to a foe, even if striking it would normally be impossible. To use this ability, you must be in the hunting oracle stance. Once per day, as a swift action, you may attune yourself to a single foe you can see. Until the end of that round, you get a +20 insight bonus on all attack rolls made against that foe. At the end of that round, you are automatically forced out of the hunting oracle stance, as if you had been damaged.

AmberVael
2006-12-21, 12:38 PM
Damn. If I knew anything about stances I would definitely use this class. Alas, I do not.

I am not quite sure about the balance of this, (since I don't know about stances), but it looks fair enough.

I will say with certainty that the flavor and idea is really cool. I've always thought there should be a class like this. Well done!

The Demented One
2006-12-21, 12:41 PM
Damn. If I knew anything about stances I would definitely use this class. Alas, I do not.
Get yourself Tome of Battle - if you like this class, you'll fricken' love it.

I am not quite sure about the balance of this, (since I don't know about stances), but it looks fair enough.
I'm also a bit unsure of its balance. I'm thinking it's either really weak, or really strong.

I will say with certainty that the flavor and idea is really cool. I've always thought there should be a class like this. Well done!
Thank you.

XtheYeti
2006-12-21, 12:48 PM
Get yourself Tome of Battle - if you like this class, you'll fricken' love it.

I'm also a bit unsure of its balance. I'm thinking it's either really weak, or really strong.

Thank you.
I agree get the tome. And i think that this class actualy has some pretty good balance to it. although the take ten on attack might be a little to good

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-21, 12:58 PM
I assume that the Martial Lore skill is from ToB?

MandibleBones
2006-12-21, 01:01 PM
I now feel inclined to do two things I thought might never happen:

1.) Buy another D&D book (Tome of Battle) before I get back from the desert, and

2.) Play a manifesting class.

It sounds fun - Jet Li without the silly Monk alignment restrictions.

The Demented One
2006-12-21, 01:24 PM
I assume that the Martial Lore skill is from ToB?
Yep. It's basically Spellcraft for martial maneuvers.