PDA

View Full Version : The Royal Palace of Balnaroth (Ravenloft)

Fenric
2006-12-22, 11:23 AM
The ancient seat of authority has long been empty of the living. Attacked by the malevolent lich aound 800 years ago, the place still bears the taint and horror that the evil undead wizard unleashed on it.

The palace is not strictly speaking a ruin: the building is remarkably intact.

AmberVael
2006-12-22, 11:27 AM
Aesa comes in behind Fenric, looking around warily.

Exachix
2006-12-22, 11:28 AM
Exachix enters behind Fenric, With his stave.

Kantur
2006-12-22, 11:33 AM
Kantur enters and draws his sword

Fenric
2006-12-22, 11:34 AM
Once through the gate, it is not as quiet as it seemed. Scrabblings and scrapings, moans and hisses fill the air. It is clear that a fairly large contingent of undeaad were left in the palace.

The room with the gateway seems warded, however, and is free of any visible enemies.

Fenric heads over to the single door and looks.

Dark... we're going to need some light spells.

Exachix
2006-12-22, 11:34 AM
Lorrian follows Kantur and looks around.

Kantur
2006-12-22, 11:38 AM
Then let there be Light.
He casts the spell on his sword

AmberVael
2006-12-22, 11:40 AM
Aesa casts Light on Zchiz, then draws four small, ordinary pebbles from her pouch and casts the same spell on each of them. Who needs one?

Exachix
2006-12-22, 11:42 AM
Exachix smiles and casts Dancing Lights. A globe of light appears and floats around Exachix, Krystal, Fenric and the last around the whole group, ready to be sent off. (4 Globes)

Fenric
2006-12-22, 11:49 AM
Fenric nods. Krystal enables the Continual Light on her staff as well, although the blue-white light is a bit disquieting.

Fenric leads the way out into the hallway, but something feels strange. Fenric glances back and sees an odd distortion swirling around Aesa. He blinks and it disappears, so he shakes his head and returns to finding the right path to the main audience chamber. It is there that the records say the fight occurred.

AmberVael
2006-12-22, 11:51 AM
Aesa shrugs and rolls the pebbles around in her hand. She scowls and her yellow eyes flick around the room, searching for something. Damnable meddling wizards...

Exachix
2006-12-22, 12:01 PM
Exachix mearly Follows Fenric, Staying near Krystal.

Lorrian smiles and follows, staying behind Kantur.

Fenric
2006-12-22, 12:04 PM
The corridor comes out into a wide hallway. It was obviously once a main area of the palace, now it is merely a big room. The light angers the current residents, however.

A score of nuisance zombie guards clatter mindlessly toward the group. Five angry ghosts come out with their supernatural fear aura. But the real threat are two cleric-liches whos eyes burn like fire:

One casts Awaken Undead and the zombies return from being shambling idiots to the elite guards of the former king. The other activates a Negative Energy Aura and strides forward with the undead.

Kantur
2006-12-22, 12:07 PM
Undead...Thank Tymora I'm not mainly a rogue...
He rolls his eyes before stepping forward towards the zombies and swinging the longsword at them.

AmberVael
2006-12-22, 12:09 PM
Aesa casts a quick Duelward, followed by Shield. As soon as she has her defenses up, she casts Mage's Disjunction, placing it over the zombies and the cleric with them.

Fenric
2006-12-22, 12:11 PM
"Tarnation!" exclaims Kenyon, who quickly takes aim at a charging zombie-elite and fires a holy bullet.

fDestro also starts blasting away

Krystal arches an eyebrow and opens up with an enhanced/enhanced fireball on the cleric with the negative aura.

Myobi tries to turn the undead

Fenric grins to finally have enough space and enemies to actually cast something useful: A Fire Storm bursts into existance among the undead.

Exachix
2006-12-22, 12:15 PM
Exachix groans and casts Magic Missile at a Cleric-Lich. The one that strides forward.

Lorrian gets her bow out and fires at the zombies.

Kantur
2006-12-22, 12:32 PM
((Back soon, dinner))

DarkHunter
2006-12-22, 12:39 PM
Kantur trades blows with an accomplished fighter who happens to be a zombie. It turns into more of a duel than a fight.

The priest curses as his negative energy aura is disjoined. Most of his equipment makes its saves.

Some of the zombies loose weapons and armor due to the disjunction. Most of them didn't have enchanted weapons or armor.

Kenyon shoots a decent hole in a zombie. His bullet does damage it, but not enough.

fDestro also blasts away at the zombies, but his energy weapon does less damage than he had hoped.

Krystal's fireball incinerates four zombies and seriously damages the cleric-lich.

Myobi turns two zombies, who run straight into Fenric's firestorm and are burned to ashes along with three others.

Exachix's missiles come back to him due to the spell Ring of Spell Turning the cleric-lich has.

The first cleric-lich casts Unholy Storm over the party.

The second cleric-lists casts Harm on himself, restoring his "health".

The surviving unarmed zombies (5) rush off to recover weapons from racks around the room.

The remaining zombies (6) press their attack

(( And the best laid plans... I'm being called away now. I don't think I'll get back before I have to leave, and I'll not be back until January second. ))

AmberVael
2006-12-22, 12:48 PM
((I vote that we call this a time distorted plot now. I would prefer my character be back in town.))

Exachix
2006-12-22, 01:03 PM
((Done Until he gets back...))

Deadly
2006-12-22, 01:15 PM
Deadly wakes up and looks around with a sigh Oh well...

Penguinizer
2006-12-23, 10:09 AM
George casts Daylight on his sword.

Fenric
2007-03-26, 10:06 AM
The Minister of Fate, garbed in the robes of eternity, appears in stopped time in the restored throne room of the palace. Accompanying him is the Secretary of Enforcement of the Ministry of Justice.

In several alternate probabilities, this entire realm is destroyed catastrophically. The most easily accessible originated in this room.

He strides over to a seemingly unimportant spot rather to the left of the center of the room, and nearer the door than the throne. After a moment's searching, he finds what he seeks, and creates a small sphere hovering at a point in the air.

It was here that the barbarian smote with her rod. In no less than four hundred probabilities, the realm was destroyed in consequence. Of course, she was powerful enough to select a probability where that did not occur. Nevertheless, due to that, it is here that the facets of probablity are weakest. This causality bomb will impose one of the more disasterous possible threads of fate onto this place.

The Secretary nods

It is acceptable.

The two disappear.

Fen3
2007-03-26, 08:45 PM
Even as Krystal exclaims her displeasure, the Minster of Fate triggers the causality bomb. Fendran and Krystal scream as the distortion wave blasts across the tapestry of fate, as if a fat chambermaid were shaking out the dust.