PDA

View Full Version : I need help with an idea for LA

Vortalism
2013-09-09, 07:47 PM
Hey guys,

As everyone knows Level Adjustment sucks. So I had this idea after reading UrPriest's amazing fantabulous manual of monsters thing, about literally treating Level adjustment and racial hit die as class levels, I'm not sure how this would work out, so that's why I need your help to expand the idea and hopefully have someone smarter than me compile it into something useful.

So far here's how it goes..

So instead of just adding all of your race's whatever abilities all at once, higher LA races could add their numerous race abilities modularly, treating it as an actual "level" so they can continue to take a level in say Barbarian, or take another level in Minotaur. This allows them to level with the rest of the party, but still restricts the number of levels in a class because they need to take these levels to be that race in the first place.

Yeah I know it's a really rough idea and I have little clue how to properly implement it. So what do you think?

Milo v3
2013-09-09, 08:22 PM
That already exists..... They are called Monster Classes.

Vortalism
2013-09-09, 11:48 PM
That already exists..... They are called Monster Classes.

Is it from Savage Species? Because I don't own that book.

Also: How are the Monster classes? Are they any good?

Just to Browse
2013-09-10, 12:18 AM
Of varying quality (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192151). I think that's the latest thread.

EDIT: Forgot to say, all that is a homebrew initiative. The original ones (oslecamo's stuff) were pretty "emulate the monster"-esque, and later renditions made the classes more like monster PCs. In the end you're getting what you pay for.

EDIT2: I love that feeling of not getting ninja'd. It makes me feel fast and sneaky.

Vortalism
2013-09-10, 05:44 AM
Of varying quality (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192151). I think that's the latest thread.

EDIT: Forgot to say, all that is a homebrew initiative. The original ones (oslecamo's stuff) were pretty "emulate the monster"-esque, and later renditions made the classes more like monster PCs. In the end you're getting what you pay for.

EDIT2: I love that feeling of not getting ninja'd. It makes me feel fast and sneaky.

Thanks, Just to Browse, just what I needed. I was afraid I was going to have to do work. :smallbiggrin:

Just to Browse
2013-09-10, 04:25 PM
Hey if you ever need to be lazy, I'm your guy. I've practiced long and hard. :smallsmile: