PDA

View Full Version : Crossbreed race: Real people and stick figures

Tussy the Druid
2006-12-24, 09:09 PM
For some reason a thought came to my mind: If you were in oots, or if the oots people were real people, who would you like to spend quality with?:smallwink: If you catch my drift.

As for me, I'd pick Sabine. Why? Two words. Hot. Demon. (she has a tail! meow :smallredface:)

You don't have to necessarily say anyone on the poll i put up. Those are just ones i though of off the top of my head.

Khantalas
2006-12-24, 09:21 PM
Julia.

Well, she is 16 and is the self-proclaimed hottest girl in school. And she actually said "Don't you like boobs?".

Lord Iames Osari
2006-12-24, 09:25 PM
Haley. I have a thing for redheads.

TroyXavier
2006-12-24, 09:32 PM
Haley for me too.

Demented
2006-12-24, 09:50 PM
Unlike Julia, charisma is Samantha's casting stat.
Oh, and Samantha is legal. I don't care if I AM chaotic!

Though, there's something about all of them I just can't shake. They all seem so... two-dimensional. :rimshot:

AngryGreek
2006-12-24, 09:50 PM
Hahaha, look at all the perverts (myself included) who voted for Haley!!

Tussy the Druid
2006-12-24, 10:22 PM
Who voted for Elan? By the looks of it, i think we're all guys.

Legendary
2006-12-24, 10:41 PM
It's entirely possible someone clicked on the link w/o looking at the topic title, saw the question (which by itself isn't necessarily sex-related) and clicked Elan, because of his high charisma score and humorous antics.

It's significantly less likely that there's a girl here.

As for me? I'm not voting. Sabine/Celia is just weird, Samantha is dangerous, and redheads/paladins aren't my type. That rules out all five girls, except V, which I'm not risking.

So yeah... back to my deluded fantasies of scoring w/ a REAL girl. :)

mockingbyrd7
2006-12-24, 11:21 PM
Y'know, I voted Celia, but Haley's a very close second.

Setra
2006-12-25, 01:10 AM
I'd choose :vaarsuvius: , and try to get hir to teach me a spell or two.

Also, in the event V is female (that I doubt, but I suppose it's possible)... elven chick.

Rosemary
2006-12-25, 01:38 AM
ewwww, they like totally don't have genitals. And if they did they would be all ugly and deformed like.

but Haley
or Elan for secound choice

J_Muller
2006-12-25, 02:02 AM
Haley as a girl's first choice?

She does have latent bisexual tendencies...

Diggorian
2006-12-25, 02:20 AM
Miko:

Pent up
Dominating
Good with both hands ... :miko: :smalltongue:

Kjata
2006-12-25, 02:21 AM
If anyone screwed Sabine, it would necrophilia...

Pervert.

Lord Magtok
2006-12-25, 02:22 AM
Xykon would be my only choice for not intimate actions. We could discuss evil plots, strategies for defeating heroes, compare evil laughs...
For intimacy.... got nothin'

Demented
2006-12-25, 02:37 AM
If anyone screwed Sabine, it would necrophilia...

Pervert.

Samantha is dead. Sabine is alive and well. By 'well', I mean she's reasonably capable of being described as cognizant and aware of her surroundings, despite her blood alcohol level. Damage resistance applies to alcohol poisoning, right?

RowanDundragon
2006-12-25, 02:57 AM
I picked Vaarsuvius.

What a thread on which to post my first comment.

lady_arrogance
2006-12-25, 03:26 AM
I also picked V. :smallbiggrin: Androgynous elf with purple hair. Wow!

Krytha
2006-12-25, 03:39 AM
Too many good choices for guys... For girls... not so much...

I'll go for the novelty of Miko. She can't be all bad. Just exactly 15% tips all the time...

Demented
2006-12-25, 03:46 AM
Well, there are equal numbers of choices....

Belkar vs. Miko
Roy vs. Celia
Elan vs. Haley
Thog vs. Sabine
Durkon vs. Samantha
Vaarsuvius

Though, the number of male major characters that remain unlisted is far greater than the number of female major characters.

And listing Julio would just be unfair to the oots members. ( :smalltongue: )
Maybe the list should've been Julio, Elan, Nale, Hinjo and... some mystery guest.

Moechi_Vill
2006-12-25, 04:45 AM
Wow, Miko is a solid number 2 after I voted, at 160% to #3. (8 to 5)

Wolfie_1066
2006-12-25, 05:09 AM
i think eveyone who chooses a choise on this poll is a pervert :smalleek: (no offence) im not going to say a thing on who i would spend "Time" with

fire_hawk
2006-12-25, 05:56 AM
Sadly, "Your girlfriend in real life" isn't an option...

Setra
2006-12-25, 06:08 AM
i think eveyone who chooses a choise on this poll is a pervert :smalleek: (no offence) im not going to say a thing on who i would spend "Time" with

Yeah but whoever said being a pervert was a bad thing? We have more fun. Join us, join the dark side, for we have cookies!

On topic though, my choice had nothing really to do with pervertedness, though when I realized the innuendo (after I voted) I had to add something.

Khantalas
2006-12-25, 06:15 AM
Sadly, "Your girlfriend in real life" isn't an option...

You have a girlfriend and you're a geek?

The horrors! He should be burnt and skinned alive!

fire_hawk
2006-12-25, 07:27 AM
Meet alter-ego fire_hawk. In real life he is rather charming and good humoured... but at night (and sometimes during the day when I have nothing to do), he becomes... UBER NERD!!!

Seriously, you didn't think I was like this all the time, did you?

Tussy the Druid
2006-12-25, 01:46 PM
Like i said, you don't have to pick anyone on the poll.... and as for perverts? I have a life. I (had) a girlfriend. I'm just saying: If you had to choose
a person who happened to be exactly the oots characters, which would you choose?

ok, fine. I am pervert :D

Wolfie_1066
2006-12-25, 02:20 PM
Yeah but whoever said being a pervert was a bad thing? We have more fun. Join us, join the dark side, for we have cookies!

On topic though, my choice had nothing really to do with pervertedness, though when I realized the innuendo (after I voted) I had to add something.

oh god...must...resist...cookies *stares* not...makeing...will...save! :smalleek: NOOOOOO!!!! *takes out lightsaber and starts whirling around* AHHHH!!!!

brionl
2006-12-25, 02:26 PM
Well, if your chances of scoring with Celia are approximately 0, and your chances of scoring with, say, Lindsay Lohan are 300million to one, that's not a whole lot of difference. So might as well waste time talking about it.

Shieldage
2006-12-25, 02:34 PM
Awww... Poor Thog! He has no votes :(

Edit: Picked Roy. ;)

Rosemary
2006-12-25, 03:42 PM
poor thog
I am suprised that Roy is as low in the poll as he is,

Mayo_the_Thurmaturge
2006-12-25, 05:21 PM
V in a non-sexual way.

Setra
2006-12-25, 05:35 PM
oh god...must...resist...cookies *stares* not...makeing...will...save! :smalleek: NOOOOOO!!!! *takes out lightsaber and starts whirling around* AHHHH!!!!
Hahahaha, I'm sorry I just found that hilarious.

Well, if your chances of scoring with Celia are approximately 0, and your chances of scoring with, say, Lindsay Lohan are 300million to one, that's not a whole lot of difference. So might as well waste time talking about it.
When your chance of scoring is nil, does it really matter if you choose someone who is real? Also, I find even the most rudimentary of characters to be more 'real' than most celebrities.

The highly ironic thing, is in fact, I do have a girlfriend, though she agrees with me somewhat on this topic. Because, in her opinion, the only males worthy of Yaoi are in anime :\.

Edit: After I posted this, she read it over my shoulder, apparently I'm worthy of being Yaoi too... I'm not gonna say anything while she is reading this... And now she is glaring at me.

The Extinguisher
2006-12-25, 06:13 PM
I would tottaly go for Elan. Now there's a hot piece of tail. But only if he's in his new costume
What? I'm secure enough in my masculinity to call a man a "hot peice of tail"

I think Seli's taking over my brain. I don't want to wear a dress!

Demented
2006-12-25, 06:19 PM
Only males worthy of Yaoi are in anime?
Is the requirement the art style, or just the characters?
If the former, that seems a bit unfair. I'm just not sure if I should complain.

It's also a bit surprising nobody loves Thog.
Even Belkar got a vote, and not Thog.

Rosemary
2006-12-25, 08:23 PM
errrrr....
Thog like woman!
Thog like woman naked!
Thog thrust!

*Rosemary is awear that she is doing the caracter of Thog no justace at all, but its the mental immage she got and she felt like sharing with you all*

the_tick_rules
2006-12-25, 10:10 PM
but thog is scared of women remember. not much love for sabine huh. no dirty like S&M people in here.

Wolfie_1066
2006-12-25, 10:38 PM
Hahahaha, I'm sorry I just found that hilarious.

Hilarious? you find my pain HILARIOUS! your SICK! :smallfurious: AHHHHH!!! *turns on him and starts whirring around lightsaber then sees cookies again...eyes go swirlie* coo...kieess...coo...kies...coo...kies

just playin with ya glad you like it :smallcool: i just thought id do a little more of it :smalltongue:

Rosemary
2006-12-25, 11:22 PM
but thog is scared of women remember. not much love for sabine huh. no dirty like S&M people in here.

Hmmmmm...

Thog like Nale
not nale sexy like nale but not nale thog not like not nale as much as nale because not nale is not nale
Thog thrust

lady_arrogance
2006-12-26, 02:42 AM
Because, in her opinion, the only males worthy of Yaoi are in anime :\.

Edit: After I posted this, she read it over my shoulder, apparently I'm worthy of being Yaoi too... I'm not gonna say anything while she is reading this... And now she is glaring at me.

Wasn't the topic something like 'who's your choise to spend a "quality time" with?' How yaoi links to this? Or question what charas are "worthy" of yaoi? *confused, a lot*

Rosemary
2006-12-26, 03:27 AM
I am not even sure that yaoi is. But that got filed away in "don't ask" in my brain.

Haggis_McCrablice
2006-12-26, 03:40 AM
Wait...why are we assuming quality time is sex? V is married, anyway--(s)he wouldn't cheat on his/her spouse. I choose Haley because she's strong-willed, smart, and I'd respect her. Because I think she could hurt me. And not in a good way.

I've long wanted to do an Oots/Belch Dimension crossover. I can think of several interesting teamups there.

Demented
2006-12-26, 03:43 AM
Wait...why are we assuming quality time is sex?

Because the OP put it in quotes and then added a 'wink' smiley.
It doesn't usually get more obvious than that.

fire_hawk
2006-12-26, 03:44 AM
I am not even sure that yaoi is. But that got filed away in "don't ask" in my brain.

Trust me, you probably don't want to know.

Rosemary
2006-12-26, 04:35 AM
Trust me, you probably don't want to know.I shall trust your judgement.

archon_huskie
2006-12-26, 05:37 AM
V, to end the silly debate once and for all.

And Yaoi is men only. if it were female it would be called something else.

Jazzvader
2006-12-26, 05:43 AM
Go Haley!!!

P.S. I'm not a pervert.

Felyndaer
2006-12-26, 07:14 AM
I choose to ignore the sexual implications, as it is not to my liking.
For the sake of actual quality time, I would definately choose Elan. He's got more personality than all the others combined.

But for Tharizdun's sake, they're just little stick figures. Let them run free!

Jarwy
2006-12-26, 07:29 AM
Who voted for Elan? By the looks of it, i think we're all guys.

First: jeez, how droll. I personally know a female reader, who is likely only one of many here. Second: so what if someone voted Elan? I would almost vote Roy if I was slightly more into men.

Tussy the Druid
2006-12-26, 10:07 AM
^ I was just wondering who voted for Elan. I'm not against homosexual people, and i forgot that some people voted without posting. I assumed that if you voted, you posted, but looking at the numbers that's not true. yes, i know there are female readers also. it was just a misunderstanding.

Edit: what does "droll" mean?

Moechi_Vill
2006-12-26, 10:13 AM
Hmmmm? I always assume these kind of polls are either 'if you were forced' or 'purely by desire and all aside, who do you think would make the best lay?' At its basest nature it's an honest question. The perversion would be in the related thoughts and answers.

Setra
2006-12-26, 11:25 AM
Fairly sure droll means 'Odd, yet funny' or somethin .. lemme check

–adjective
1. amusing in an odd way; whimsically humorous; waggish.
–noun
2. a droll person; jester; wag.
–verb (used without object)
3. Archaic. to jest; joke.

Rinion
2006-12-26, 12:13 PM
I'd meet V, and pick his/her brain about every topic I could think of. I might also rig the bathroom of the restaurant we're meeting in with cameras, just to settle the debate once and for all...
If I could pick a second option, I think I'd pick Thog. And then give him a puppy ang a hug. He's so sweet...

IronSoldier820
2006-12-26, 12:45 PM
Celia

:thog: "thog believe thog can fly."

Setra
2006-12-26, 12:45 PM
I might also rig the bathroom of the restaurant we're meeting in with cameras, just to settle the debate once and for all...
If I could pick a second option, I think I'd pick Thog. And then give him a puppy ang a hug. He's so sweet...

What if there are two bathrooms?

Thog may seem sweet, but what if he finds that you're annoying and plants his axe in your head?

vbushido
2006-12-26, 01:58 PM
Varsuuvius. Elves are hot, regardless of gender.

-----
Set wiseass on automatic :smallmad:

Haggis_McCrablice
2006-12-26, 04:04 PM
Because the OP put it in quotes and then added a 'wink' smiley.
It doesn't usually get more obvious than that.
Ah. But then one must wonder what the children would look like. A living Bratz doll comes to mind...a bizarre stick body with a grotesquely oversized head. How would it ever stand upright without tipping? I may be the only artist who freely mixes minimalist animation with more realistic figures....

... Yaoi is men only. if it were female it would be called something else.
Yuri. That's the Japanese term for literary lesbianism. I know this because I had a lady friend who was into that sort of thing....

Eva
2006-12-26, 10:10 PM
Haley. Definitely. And it'd be even better because she's bi! :) Though I'd probably pick her even if she weren't. Maybe.

Shadow of the Sun
2006-12-26, 10:21 PM
Celia. Not for anything sexual, I would personally just prefer to know a sylph than any of the others. Sylphs are awesome

Wolfie_1066
2006-12-26, 10:35 PM
lol im not going to be perverted here i'll just choose two (because i cant pick jsut one) to be some friend's that i like to hang out with...and if anyone says that i mean the S word im going to find someway to make you miserable...if i think about it i would like 2 pals from OOTS Celia and Elan just cause Celia's nice and i like her and Elan is funny funny awesome (espeshally in strip 393 :smalltongue: )

Cipher
2006-12-26, 11:08 PM
Actually, I'd have to say Roy... and judging from the number of people that voted with me, I guess I'm in the minority. Roy's generally a cool guy... and someone has to teach him not to be such a butt towards Elan. :smallbiggrin:

Rinion
2006-12-27, 01:11 AM
What if there are two bathrooms?

Thog may seem sweet, but what if he finds that you're annoying and plants his axe in your head? Yes, both bathrooms. My theory is that if V were forced to use a bathroom (laxative... he he he), he would pick one at random.

I believe that making Thog puppy-endowed would render him docile and approachable.

ilovefire
2006-12-27, 01:36 AM
Where is the 'all of the above plus most random NPCs' option? :P

But seriously, I'd spend time with, eh... I don't know, really. Probably V, because hey: he/she/it can at least provide good conversation even if your not quite SURE what he/she/it is...

Aldebaran
2006-12-27, 08:12 AM
Haley for me, with Celia being a close second(not even the wings got it for me...):smallbiggrin:

Blinkbear
2006-12-27, 08:23 AM
errrrr....
Thog like woman!
Thog like woman naked!
Thog thrust!

*Rosemary is awear that she is doing the caracter of Thog no justace at all, but its the mental immage she got and she felt like sharing with you all*

You know, my mental image was:

yay, thog nales not-nale!

Daedrous Avari
2006-12-27, 10:25 AM
Roy. We could talk about the pain of being surrounded by complete idiots.

Amon Star
2006-12-27, 10:54 AM
To those who say, "they're only stick figures" or similar, I would like to point out that the OP did say if they became fully 3D people or if we became 2D stick figures.

Anyway, my first choice would be :vaarsuvius:, but he/she isn't married. Second choice would be :elan:, but he's straight. So I'll have to go for :sabine:, for that shapeshiftery goodness. :smallwink:

Unlike Julia, charisma is Samantha's casting stat.
Oh, and Samantha is legal. I don't care if I AM chaotic!

Julia is legal, at least where I come from.

kerina
2006-12-27, 12:41 PM
Ha. I voted for V. Just cause I want to know.

I just want to find out already. I've been thinking it over, and I'm quite sure that V is Male, and Haley knows it. Her second deepest secret is that her and V are actually married. And the half elf with the unexplainably long story is their child, which they sent to live with V's sister at birth and now are reasearching the effects of neglect, abuse and a general Oedipus type senario in halfling children. Haley is in love with Elan, but still in love with V, who understands and wants a threesome, because V is also bi. And this is also why V dosn't reveal his true gender, because then they would make him room with the males, making it so he has to live without sex every night, and resist his lust for Elan!!!

Muahaha. I've got it all figured out Rich!

Amon Star
2006-12-27, 12:44 PM

I just want to find out already. I've been thinking it over, and I'm quite sure that V is Male, and Haley knows it. Her second deepest secret is that her and V are actually married. And the half elf with the unexplainably long story is their child, which they sent to live with V's sister at birth and now are reasearching the effects of neglect, abuse and a general Oedipus type senario in halfling children. Haley is in love with Elan, but still in love with V, who understands and wants a threesome, because V is also bi. And this is also why V dosn't reveal his true gender, because then they would make him room with the males, making it so he has to live without sex every night, and resist his lust for Elan!!!

I like the way you think. :cool:

Rinion
2006-12-27, 12:48 PM

Muahaha. I've got it all figured out Rich! I question your ability to come up with things like this o.O
Aside from that, your idea is quite plausible. Two thumbs up!

kerina
2006-12-27, 12:52 PM
I like the way you think. :cool:

Why thank you. But you say it because its all true. Thats why V, Haley and none of the other OOTS members - 'cept Roy - have met Pompey yet. Because if they did, they would notice the resemblance between him and V, except the hair color. Since they don't know V's gender, I think they could put two and two together. Also, V and Haley are actully casting suggestion on Nale, so that he will reform the Linear Guild so they can set up the Oedipus scenario while studying the idea of evil twins AND getting their threesome in. Maybe even a foursome with some helpful little spell on nale.

Hm, I should make a thread. :D

And edit: Yay for plausibility!

kerina
2006-12-27, 01:02 PM
Ha, but its actually something I've pondered for a while. Now I'm gonna go 'toot my own horn' and put it in my sig.

Rinion
2006-12-27, 01:20 PM
It would make sense, I suppose; Nale and Elan are related, so why not Pompey and Vaarsuvius? Aside from which, family ties have already played a reasonable role in the comics - Roy, and Julia, Eugene's prophecies to Roy, Yik Yik and Yok Yok, and Haley's mission to help her father.
Of course, we could be reading too much into everything. But it would certainly make for an interesting plot twist.

brionl
2006-12-27, 01:34 PM

Dang, too bad Haley is in her late 20s, and Pompey is 45.

kerina
2006-12-27, 01:35 PM
I'm sorry if my sanity broke yours. ^_^
I doubt that threesome bit'll make it in though. But then again, that could be while Haley needs all those hygene products. They could be condoms, not leakage protection. :D

Sir_Norbert
2006-12-27, 05:49 PM
Dang, too bad Haley is in her late 20s, and Pompey is 45.
Close :elan: She's 24, he's 43.

BlindCrow
2006-12-27, 06:07 PM
Hmm.. being the ADD inflicted person that I am, I chose thog instantly because.. well who DOESN'T want to hang out with thog? He'd beat up people that threaten you, not to mention he is absolutely adorable. But now that I think of the intamcy issues.. I don't think I'd choose thog.. he's just too... sensative.

I'd go with Belkar.. easily. We may have to bring a stool or step ladder along, but his dominating tendancies would be fun :D

TheNovak
2006-12-27, 06:36 PM
Durkon! Don't get me wrong, boobs are great and all, but having a good, loyal dwarf buddy to help you move into your new apartment is probably a bigger help. Even better as a roomie; he'd always pay his rent on time, he'd talk ya out of blowing your money on something stupid, and he'd undoubtedly keep ya focused more on your schoolwork.

Plus, Create Food and Water? No more Ramen for me!

nothingclever
2006-12-27, 07:03 PM
I'd choose Thog despite being a guy because he probably has the greatest tactical use out of any of the characters. He's extremely loyal, kills without thought, he's very strong and a great meatshield.

Were I in the dnd world I'd run around killing people with Thog so I could amass huge amounts of gold and live a luxurious lifestyle. Thog wouldn't ask for much and despite being kinda slow I can always order him to bullrush tackle hug any attackers to keep them incapacitated.

Plus he could easily break me out of jail.

mikeejimbo
2006-12-27, 07:21 PM
I was going to choose Samantha, and then thought about picking Haley but then my latent homosexual feelings for Elan took over and I picked him.

Must...reassert...heterosexuality!

Cymru
2006-12-27, 08:48 PM
Hell yeh, i'd most definitely go for Sabine... Hot Demons... Hmmm... And as for the geek/girlfriend issue... Geek day and night (actually doing a study classified as very geeky(a combination of informatics and electronics...)), play DnD, read OOTS, listen to dramatic metal, playing NWN....

And, living together with the love of my life.... (been together 3 years, living together for 3 months now... hehe)

Demented
2006-12-27, 09:43 PM
I was going to choose Samantha, and then thought about picking Haley but then my latent homosexual feelings for Elan took over and I picked him.

And now we know how irresistable 18 charisma really is.

elgrabadula
2007-01-13, 02:01 AM
discribe "quality" for me please

join us
http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?THE%20ORDER%20OF%20THE%20STICK
:mitd:all the cool kids are doing it