PDA

View Full Version : Blood Magic Bracer(PEACH)[3.5 Item]

Beelzebub1111
2013-09-16, 07:03 PM
Blood Magic Bracer
Ages ago, an orcish barbarian warlord of great influence wished to be viewed as the warrior god he believed himself to be. Simply cleaving his enemies in two, while satisfying, did not strike the fear he thought he deserved. He had ordered his slaves to create what would be now known as a Blood Magic Bracer

Price: 900xSLxCL (???)
Body Slot: Arms
Caster Level: Varies
Activation: Standard (Command)
Weight: 1 lb.

This iron armband is designed to clamp tightly to its wearers bare skin. The inside is covered in hundreds of tiny sharp hooks, while the outside is intricately etched to denote its function

Each Blood Magic Bracer contains a single spell of fourth level or lower. Any living being who wears the bracer may use the spell by sacrificing a number of hit-points equal to the level of the spell times the caster level. For example: A CL5 Lightening Bolt could be used by sacrificing 15 hit-points. This loss is taken directly from current hit-points and is not subject to Damage Reduction or Regeneration. This ability functions at will, provided the user has enough hit points.

Prerequisites: Craft Wonderous Item, the spell to be imbued on the bracer.

Concerns:
I'm not so sure if this is what I want to call it, suggestions are welcome.
I'm also not sure how to price this item.

The idea came when I was playing Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep and Kreig was throwing lightning bolts and the image of a barbarian that can throw lightning popped in my head and this was a way to do it. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Psyborg
2013-09-18, 05:48 PM
Maybe have it disable fast healing and regeneration for rounds = spell level. And for god's sake ban Greater Shadow Conjuration and Greater Shadow Evocation.

Edit: As far as cures go, simple: Any conjuration(healing) effects cannot target the wearer of the bracer (AoE/Mass conj(heal) effects simply exempt the wearer of the bracer from their effects).

If the target is undead or otherwise healed by negative energy (cough Tomb-Tainted Soul cough), the above refers instead to any spell dealing negative energy damage.

Beelzebub1111
2013-09-18, 06:05 PM
Maybe have it disable fast healing and regeneration for rounds = spell level.
Regeneration doesn't actually work like that. Regeneration makes damage that isn't of a specific type nonlethal which it loses at a certain number per round. Lost hit points are not regained. Fast healing I'm sort of okay with. as it's really expensive and difficult to get anyway, and in most cases isn't worth the cost.

And for god's sake ban Greater Shadow Conjuration and Greater Shadow Evocation.
First sentence. and even if you could, it would still cost 91 and 120 hit points respectively to cast each time. How is that a problem?

Edit: As far as cures go, simple: Any conjuration(healing) effects cannot target the wearer of the bracer (AoE/Mass conj(heal) effects simply exempt the wearer of the bracer from their effects).

That works, I suppose. But in hindsight I may not need it, since best case scenario you are casting cure light wounds at cl1 for 1 hit point, so you'd get a standard action to get 1d8 back. I might be okay with that. or you'd spend 6 to get 2d8+3 back which might actually end up damaging you. or 15 to get 3d8+5 back. the inefficiency of doing that may just resolve itself

If the target is undead or otherwise healed by negative energy (cough Tomb-Tainted Soul cough), the above refers instead to any spell dealing negative energy damage.
I thought I specified living creature...I'll just fix that.

anacalgion
2013-09-19, 12:48 AM
I mean, it seems a lot like a wand. Granted it's got unlimited uses and you don't need UMD, but with the hit point cost to balance that out, I'd say it's fine. I might even shamelessly swipe it if I ever get back behind a DM screen, assuming you don't mind that kind of thing. I like it.

Beelzebub1111
2013-09-19, 05:15 AM
By all means, go ahead and use it. I'd be honored.