PDA

View Full Version : [feats] Feats for prospective mage slayers

Raum
2006-12-26, 09:48 PM
While primarily oriented towards fighters, other classes could take some of these feats. They aren't intended to make fighters (or other non-casters) as powerful as wizards. Instead they're intended to give non-casters the ability to survive combat with casters while maintaining class flavor.

Combat Mobility [General]Prerequisites: Mobility, base attack bonus +5.
Benefit: You may take a 5' step as an immediate action.
Special: A fighter may select Combat Mobility as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Magic Sink [General]Prerequisites: Mage Slayer, Vital Surge, base attack bonus +11.
Benefit: The fighter's resistance to evocation and transformation magic effects increases. He gains a circumstance bonus equal to his Con bonus to saves against evocation and transformation spells or effects.
Special: Taking this feat reduces your caster level for all your spells and spell-like abilities by 4.

Vital Surge [General]Prerequisites: Con 13+, Endurance, base attack bonus +7.
Benefit: This ability represents the fighter's ability to withstand magical effects that would otherwise block or effect him. If a fighter with vital surge is affected by an evocation or transformation spell or effect lasting more than one round and fails his saving throw, he can attempt it again 1 round later at the same DC. He gets only this one extra chance to succeed on his saving throw.
Special: A fighter may select Vital Surge as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Traveling_Angel
2006-12-27, 12:15 AM
Mage Slayer is listed as a requirement. What does that reffer to?

BlueWizard
2006-12-27, 12:16 AM
"Sounds scary.... Luckily, I'm an archmage." says the Blue Wizard!

Raum
2006-12-27, 12:32 AM
Mage Slayer is listed as a requirement. What does that reffer to?
It's a feat from Complete Arcane. Among other things, it prevents casters from casting defensively.

Fizban
2006-12-27, 02:22 AM
Ahhh, the arms race of forcing casters to provoke AOO's. Amusing, considering that any paranoid caster is going to have a non-AOO way to get out of there.

Anyway, while evocation and transmutation are quite threatening, what about conjuration, illusion, enchantment, necromancy? Most of which have much worse effects if you fail a save.

Valairn
2006-12-27, 03:16 AM
Good feats, I wish I had these on my fighter.

Raum
2006-12-27, 09:16 AM
Anyway, while evocation and transmutation are quite threatening, what about conjuration, illusion, enchantment, necromancy? Most of which have much worse effects if you fail a save.
True, but I didn't want an overpowered super feat. Also, I tried to mantain a magicless flavor and it was easier for me to envision a tough fighter forcing himself to endure damage (evocation) and transformations than the other schools.

Do you have any suggestions for the other schools?