PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Does this work properly? (PEACH)

kieza
2013-09-24, 11:18 PM
I'm writing a 4e clone, and I'm working on a series of feats that work sort of like a Theme, in this case, to create an arcane archer. This is the one feat from the series that I'm worried about:

Spell-Storing Arrows [Theme]
Requirement: Arcane Archer <This is the entry feat for the Theme.>
Benefit: You can store your ranged or area burst arcane attack powers in arrows or bolts. You can store a number of at-will spells equal to your Intelligence modifier during each extended rest. You cannot use ammunition storing another arcane archer’s spells. Spell-storing ammunition remains good until used, but you can only have up to 10 times your Intelligence modifier pieces at a time.
You can use any number of pieces of your spell-storing ammunition when you make any ranged weapon attack; each applies to a separate attack roll. The ammunition is fired at the target as normal, but you do not make an attack roll for the weapon power or apply any of its other effects. Instead, you use the stored power against the target as a free action; in the case of ranged powers, the power targets only the target of your ranged attack; in the case of an area burst power, the burst is centered on the target of your ranged attack. This allows the power to exceed its normal range.

Is this feat A) understandable, and B) functional? Keep in mind that this is for a clone, and I'm rewriting a great deal; interactions with specific other feats or powers isn't a big concern. I'm just worried about big-picture interactions, and to an extent balance. (I'm okay with feats in this clone being a fair bit more powerful than in vanilla 4e, but I'd like to avoid truly outrageous combos.)