PDA

View Full Version : Play Testers Wanted!

basilisk rpg
2013-10-11, 10:51 PM
Hi Everyone,

I created an RPG called Basilisk and I need people to play test and give feedback. You can grab all the PDFs from:

www.basiliskrpg.com (http://www.basiliskrpg.com)

It's a gritty, skill based system that uses D20. Combat can be quick and lethal.
Characters actions are influenced by their motives.

Rephath
2013-10-12, 06:23 PM
Your artwork was too high-def. One look at the basilisk picture and I was turned to stone for hours.

Palanan
2013-10-12, 07:32 PM
On your sample character sheet, in the To Hit Chart, you have "Miss/Perry" as the first item. The word for deflecting a blow is "parry."

In the background for Aggotti Lugo:

Brought up by Tessi Ortasse, his cousin mother side, after his parent we’re executed in the Bonfire of the Innocents.

This should read:

Brought up by Tessi Ortasse, his cousin on his mother's side, after his parents were executed in the Bonfire of the Innocents.

On the first page of the sample module, Balsamo Callibria is twice referred to as "Balisamo."

Most of your playtesters probably won't care about that sort of thing, but the spelling issues seem fairly pervasive.

That said, I really like the atmosphere of the setting, and especially the names of the merchant families and their members. I'm looking forward to seeing more of the City of Basilisk.

basilisk rpg
2013-10-12, 08:37 PM
Hi Palanan,

Thanks for the feedback!
I did this all myself and I'm a really bad at spelling.
The next version of the Play Test I'll get someone to proof and edit it.

Cheers,
Eddie

basilisk rpg
2013-10-14, 03:27 PM
To Play Tester,

All I can offer in the way of compensation are free PDFs of any material that we might create in the future if this system gets off the ground. Oh and our undying thanks!

Cheers,
Eddie