PDA

View Full Version : Scorpion Based Bloodline [PEACH]

Humble Master
2013-10-17, 09:15 PM
One of the characters in my campaing is going to be related to the long forgotten race of the Scorcabites, a scorpion-like desert people. The player really wanted a bloodline, so I decided to try my hand at making a bloodline for the player based upon scorpions and the Scorcabites. I'm posting it here to get some feedback about balancing it. Also, I am using a more complex poison system based off of this poison rework. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255288)

Scorcabite Bloodline Traits

{table=head]
Character Level | Minor | Intermediate | Major

1st | — | — | +2 on Survival checks

2nd | — | +2 on Survival checks | Improved Initiative

3rd | — | — | Dexterity +1

4th | +2 on Survival checks | Improved Initiative | +1 natural armor

5th | — | — | Scorcabite affinity +21

6th | — | Dexterity +1 | +2 on saves against poison (Ex)

7th | — | — | +2 on Hide checks

8th | Improved Initiative | +2 on saves against poison (Ex) | Improved Grapple2 (Ex)

9th | — | — | Constitution +1

10th | — | Scorcabite affinity +21 | Desert Adaptation3 (Ex)

11th | — | — | Scorcabite affinity +41

12th | Dexterity +1 | Improved Grapple (Ex)2 | Constrict4 (Ex)

13th | — | — | +2 on Climb checks

14th | — | +2 on Hide checks | Damage reduction 5/ silver

15th | — | — | Charisma +1

16th | +1 natural armor | Desert Adaptation3 (Ex) | Secrete Poison5 (Ex)

17th | — | — | Scorcabite affinity +61

18th | — | Constitution +1 | Burrow 10ft6

19th | — | — | +2 on Spot checks

20th | Scorcabite affinity +21 | Constrict4 (Ex) | Temorsense 60ft (Ex) [/table]
1. You gain the indicated bonus on all Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Intimidate, and Perform checks made to interact with Scorcabites and scorpions.

2. If you hit with a melee weapon it deals normal damage and you may attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. No initial touch attack is required. You may use either your Strength modifier or Dexterity modifier for grapple checks, whichever is better.

3. You have adapted well to desert conditions. You get a +4 racial bonus to Fortitude saves to resist damage from extreme heat. Additionally, you can go without water for twice as long (2 days + 2 hours per point of constitution.) as normal.

4. On a successful grapple check, you deal damage equal to 1d3 + your Strength modifier.

5. Each day, you produce one dose of poisonous saliva that can be applied to weapons and ammunition. Each dose of poison can coat one melee weapon or 10 rounds of ammunition. However, the poison cannot be stored in any effective way and must be applied directly to a weapon. You cannot be harmed by your own poison.

Scorcabite Saliva

Cost: N/A
Type: Injury
Source: Creature
Crafting: N/A
Duration: Until 2 successive saves are made
A Scorcabite's venomous saliva quickly weakens their victim's muscles.
Immediately upon suffering the poison, and every 1d4+1 rounds thereafter, the victim must make a saving throw or take 1d6 points of Strength damage.
Stacking: Each additional dose of Scorcabite Saliva increases the poison's save DC by 2

6. You gain a burrow speed of 10ft. You can only burrow through dirt or similarly loose earth but not rock. You do not leave behind a tunnel when you burrow.